PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Withdraws from Eastbourne & Wimbledon

Nikki
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Found this on the BBC website:

Former Wimbledon champion Lindsay Davenport has pulled out of this year's event.
The American, who has already missed the Australian and French Opens, is still battling to recover her fitness after undergoing surgery on her right knee.

"I am extremely disappointed not to be able to play on the grass at Wimbledon this year," said Davenport.

"I really hoped I could make it back from my surgery earlier than expected and be able to play at Eastbourne and Wimbledon but it is just not possible yet.

"I am working hard and my rehab has been going well.

"Unfortunately the doctors say I am not ready to compete at the highest level yet.

"I am totally optimistic that I will be ready for the summer hardcourt season in July."

Lindsayfan
Jun 11th, 2002, 09:47 PM
at least we finally read her words,and not rumours.
Get well soon LINDSAY!!! We are waiting for you!!! :) :) :)

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:08 AM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I MISS LINDSAY VERY MUCH!!!!

Snuffkin
Jun 12th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Guys, I'm feeling for you right now. I so hope that Lindsay makes a rapid return to the game and has many more moments to make you guys happy, you do deserve it after all. Seeing any top player injured is awful, but a player of Lindsay's quality and class is a credit to the game and right now the game is poorer for her absence.

Wishing her a speed recovery, on behalf of the Jen fans.

vicki
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:32 AM
:sad:

oh no. its true. :(
okey. see you in july. or august.

get well soon linds.

"I look at someone like Lindsay as inspirational....
... to see somebody like Lindsay, who wasn't known as the best athlete, shows you can do it the old fashioned way:
hard work, dedication, love for your sport." - by John McEnroe

jacs
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:32 AM
we are hoping for your return to the hardcourts lindsay ...

Jan
Jun 12th, 2002, 08:45 AM
I read that too, Nikki, late last night and felt totally devastated. This morning I just feel so sad for Lindsay more than myself. Anyway its important that she is fully fit to play at the highest level before she returns.

WE MISS YOU LINDSAY BUT COME BACK WHEN YOU ARE READY.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE HARD COURT SEASON.

Jan

Keep smiling TOPs

beckl
Jun 12th, 2002, 01:06 PM
in the words of a true brit..
Bollocks, followed by...oh arse......:mad: :( :( :( :( :(
http://www.smilies.nl/bawling.gif

Maajken
Jun 12th, 2002, 02:55 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

c2
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:28 AM
:sad: :sad: oh FINK. RAT FINK. RAT, RAT FINK!!! sigh. It seems like soo long since she was injured. :sad:

Julie
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:53 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

RayRob
Jun 17th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Yes, unfortunately she's definately out of Eastbourne as I've just seen the draw where Dokic is the top seed - and not Lindsay.

:(

Get well soon Lindsay :)