PDA

View Full Version : Maria In Moscow!

Derek.
Oct 7th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. (7) Dinara Safina (RUS)
Francesca Schiavone (ITA) vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
Q/LL vs. Q/LL
(2) Maria Sharapova (RUS) vs. BYE

Good luck! :scared:

~lollipop_girl~
Oct 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Well it could be much worse... Lets just wait & see! ;)

Davai Makiri! :yeah:

Ravsieg
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Schiavone has her days, plus she plays the way Maria has the easiest times against. Let's see!

Also, a possible 2nd Round matchup vs Chaky might motivate Maria. ;)

Derek.
Oct 7th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Maria, please step it up here.

It's time to get some wins again.

I've almost forgotten what it's like for you to win. :o

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 7th, 2006, 05:02 PM
She has a chance, just win it Masha :hug:

doris_hdz
Oct 7th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Good lucck makiri!!!

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 7th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Good luck Maria! take out Schiavone! You can do it!

FedExpress
Oct 7th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Good luck Maria!

Talita Kumi
Oct 7th, 2006, 11:40 PM
vamos bonita! :smoke:

Anahi
Oct 8th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Good Luck Makiri!!!

Warrior
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Looks like another early loss. Good luck Maria, you'll need it!

daandaan
Oct 9th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Good luck

furrykitten
Oct 9th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Tough draw but good luck Maria! :hug:

Coffee&TV
Oct 9th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Good luck Makiri!!!

~lollipop_girl~
Oct 10th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Woohoo and the 1st set goes to Miss Makiri.... 6-3

It should have been 6-2 but she lost about 3-4 set points... She actually held her nerves and served it out! :eek: :D

daandaan
Oct 10th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Nice 1st set Maria, common take the 2nd one too.

daandaan
Oct 10th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Maria lost the 2nd set with 7-5
She had the change to serve it out @ 5-4...

the cat
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Little Masha folds when the pressure is on and I don't know if she can improve on this major problem in her career. If she can't she will just be another decent WTA player. But Makiri is so much better than that. It's her lack of belief and lack of mental toughness that is holding her back.

KV
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Played better than lately, that's the consolation. Unfortunately didn't take her chances to qualify for next round. Match is still on. Masha serving for a place in the next round.

~lollipop_girl~
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Her leg has been causing her problems again... She had a medical timeout and the trainer came out again on one of the early change overs in the 3rd set... I believe it is the thigh... Anyway, she still hang in there despite the problems and played really well (from the closeness of the score)... By the end of the match she kinda choked... Especially in the TB & as she had the chance to serve it out... From 5-3 to 6-7... Makiri lost in 3 hours & 8mins 6-3 5-7 6-7(3) with that last set lasting and hour and 18mins... :sad: :sobbing:

I thought the crowd would pull her through! :bigcry:

daandaan
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:54 PM
:( :( :(
Too bad this loss, serving 2 times for the match, having 2 match points but it wasn't enough.
This could have been a very nice victory after losing so many 1st rounds lately, just too bad

Lillibet
Oct 10th, 2006, 04:04 PM
It was her calf muscle I think that was the problem, but she showed some glimpses of brilliant tennis out there today... i'm absolutely gutted that she lost.. and on a double fault. She chucked her racquet across the court after Schiavone won... so I'm guessing she was pretty frustrated!

Poor Kiri :sad:

the cat
Oct 10th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Another Masha meltdown. :( And in Moscow too. :sad: That's just a terrible loss and I'm worried about her career. She has talent and game but lacks alot when it comes to mental toughness and playing well in the clutch. It's just another sad day for Makiri fans. :( Every player on the WTA Tour knows Maria folds under pressure and it's going to be hard for Masha to change that perception in large part because she doesn't know how to.

KV
Oct 10th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Unlucky defeat.

Talita Kumi
Oct 10th, 2006, 04:15 PM
:sobbing: I can't stop

TeaMMashA
Oct 10th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Really really gutted, i honestly thought she was gonna pull trough :sad:

houseoflords
Oct 10th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Maria doesn't believe she can win right now. She has won just 4 times since the French Open and when you lose that much, you expect something to go wrong. Instead of just going for it, you get tenative and then you find the opportunity wasted. Maria has lost in 3 sets in her last 4 matches. 3 times she won the 1st set. She's lost the last 2 in tiebreakers. All three she had a chance to win and all three she failed to do so. She has absolutely no belief in herself or her game. Maria won't turn things around until she starts bellieving in herself

furrykitten
Oct 10th, 2006, 05:24 PM
It was her calf muscle I think that was the problem, but she showed some glimpses of brilliant tennis out there today... i'm absolutely gutted that she lost.. and on a double fault. She chucked her racquet across the court after Schiavone won... so I'm guessing she was pretty frustrated!

Damn, sucks she was injured again, throwing her racket is good shows it hurts her and she wants to win, come on Maria!! :(

houseoflords
Oct 10th, 2006, 05:30 PM
She chucked her racquet across the court after Schiavone won... so I'm guessing she was pretty frustrated!

Well that's a good sign. A little emotion. She hasn't showed alot of emotion the past few months. I'm glad Maria was upset that she lost a match that she should've won. Hopefully, this will motivate her to get better and snap out of this rut.

Anahi
Oct 10th, 2006, 05:32 PM
::sad::

the cat
Oct 10th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Maria has won only 4 matches since the French Open? :confused: That's mind boggling. :eek: But her pattern of losing has been set and she can't shake it. And it's concering how bad of a 3 set player Masha is. I hopoe she gets away from tennis for a couple of weeks after her season ends. She really needs to clear her head from all these tough losses. I hope Makiri parties up a storm in the off season and has a good time. Then she can return to training happy and healthy for the 2007 season.

morningglory
Oct 10th, 2006, 06:27 PM
well the downward spiral continues *sigh*

TeaMMashA
Oct 10th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Maria has won only 4 matches since the French Open? :confused: That's mind boggling. :eek: But her pattern of losing has been set and she can't shake it. And it's concering how bad of a 3 set player Masha is. I hopoe she gets away from tennis for a couple of weeks after her season ends. She really needs to clear her head from all these tough losses. I hope Makiri parties up a storm in the off season and has a good time. Then she can return to training happy and healthy for the 2007 season.

Thats a really bad stat 4 matches! :sad: She needs to do something quick, but i think its better the slump is now towards the end of the season, hopefully she'll have a nice off season work herself well, put it all behind her and have time to regain her confidence and remember just who she is and what she can do on the tour and come back in an awesome mood and in peak condition to take 2007 by storm.

FedExpress
Oct 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Poor Makiri, she was so close :sobbing:

furrykitten
Oct 10th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Nigel Sears needs to go :sad:

Zoltan83
Oct 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
:sad: Makiri :bigcry:

RussiaTennis
Oct 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I am so sad :sad: :sad: :sad:

She really did not play well today.

Confident
Oct 10th, 2006, 07:40 PM
To lose it from 3 matchballs :confused: She should do something new, to win these 1st round matches.

Derek.
Oct 10th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Maria. :sad: :sad: :sad:

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 11th, 2006, 01:47 AM
So Close! I really thought she could do it!

Benchwarmer1
Oct 11th, 2006, 02:33 AM
that's too bad, :bigcry: i was really pulling for her, pretty good showing for someone ranked like 21 spots above, i just hope next time she can pull off the win :rocker:

... wow my first post

Derek.
Oct 11th, 2006, 03:00 AM
that's too bad, :bigcry: i was really pulling for her, pretty good showing for someone ranked like 21 spots above, i just hope next time she can pull off the win :rocker:

... wow my first post

Welcome. :)

It's always nice to have another Maria fan. :hug:

Benchwarmer1
Oct 11th, 2006, 03:03 AM
nice to feel welcomed :)

payaSo
Oct 11th, 2006, 05:28 AM
When does her season end?

rockstar
Oct 11th, 2006, 05:55 AM
poor maria :sad:

fun_chumm
Oct 11th, 2006, 08:57 AM
dont know what to say...

so.krist!na
Oct 11th, 2006, 12:15 PM
so close a match :sad:She should win that!
But she did better in this match :hug:

Sharapovafan4eva
Oct 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM
So close yet so far, I hope she will improve from here.

fun_chumm
Oct 11th, 2006, 06:32 PM
hopes for maria in doubles.. good luck..

Ravsieg
Oct 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM
I watched the match on Eurosport.

Most important thing is that the trouble is NOT confidence, like me and some others believed before. She IS confident. She IS attacking balls, she IS putting her heart into it, and she IS pumped up for it. The trouble is... she does it too much. She's too impatient, she horribly mishits easy balls on important points (like BPs at 3-3 or so) and on second serves she risks a lot. And she tries to attack some very very tough balls that just can't be attacked.

First set Maria won by grinding on the baseline as Schiavone made a lot of mistakes.

Second set Schiavone got used to that to a degree but still Maria served for the match at 5-4 and lost it.

Third set Maria attacked a LOT, very impatiently as I said above. It could work, but at the important times (MPs, BPs against near the end) it didn't because she mishit the balls out of impatience.

Random note, the crowd was all spartan towards her.

The commentator seemed to know what was going on - he aknowledged Maria is hitting a lot stronger than she did last year or the beginning of this year, and that she's been struggling to close out leads lately. At times it was noticeable he was rooting for her.

"Schiavone with the spinning defensive backh-- SHEESH JESUS!" --> At one of Maria's horrible mishit easy shots that went to the stands. At a BP for her.

the cat
Oct 11th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the report #1. I'm upset for Makiri that things have gone wrong for her just as it looked like her career was taking off. :( Masha is a fine athlete, has alot of natural ability and alot of skills. But she still doesn't know how to play smart tennis at crucial times in a match and that's costing her so many wins this year. If Maria only had half on Martina Hingis' tennis brain she would be so much better off.

Derek.
Oct 12th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Cat, I think you are underestimating Maria's smarts. Sure she's not as smart as Hingis, but she still plays smart. At the moment she's not sure what to do so obviously she won't look that smart. When Maria does have her head on straight, she plays very smart. Maria needs to use her variety in order to play with the hard-hitters.
------

Kirilenko/Dushevina d. Chavketadze/Vesnina 1-6 6-4 6-1 :clap2:

At least Maria got some kind of win. :D ;)

Keep going girls! :yeah:

Benchwarmer1
Oct 12th, 2006, 02:36 AM
derek, you are right, she is capable of playing smart and she is still young, this can be developed over time and with more experience.

great at least she won a doubles match :rocker:

houseoflords
Oct 12th, 2006, 04:56 AM
I'm glad Maria was attacking in that match. Part of the probloem is that she doesn't do it consitently and sometimes she doesn't do it enough. The match against Rezai at the US Open is an example of that. She wasn't attacking at all and got steamrolled. She has the most success when she hits slice backhands, comes to net, serves & volleys, returns & volleys and moves her opponent around. That is how she had success last fall. That is how she won the China Open last year. Maria hasn't done that enough during this streak.

Still, she is obviously lacking some confidence. This is clear by her inability to close out matches. The problem here is that she has lost so much recently that instead of thinking about winning the match, Maria thinks about how not to lose it. When she overcomes this, the results will change

the cat
Oct 12th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Derek, Masha is capable of playing smart tennis. But she doesn't play smart tennis most of the time. I just hope she gets hooked up with a coach who can really help her with the mental side of tennis. Physically she has everything except size, weight and power. But it's mentally where her greatest struggles exist.

King Aaron
Oct 13th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the report. :)

Ravsieg
Oct 13th, 2006, 11:56 PM
You're all welcome. ;)

andrewbroad
Oct 21st, 2006, 03:56 PM
===========
KREMLIN CUP (Moscow, Russia; carpet (Supreme); WTA Tier I)
=========== http://www.kremlincup.ru/ (http://www.kremlincup.ru/)

I don't have access to Eurosport myself, but a video of Maria's match has come into my possession, so I have incorporated it into this report.

--------------
Photos & video
--------------

Photos:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/photogallery/?Event=moscow (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/photogallery/?Event=moscow)
http://www.kremlincup.ru/www/gallery/gall_10.10.06.shtml (http://www.kremlincup.ru/www/gallery/gall_10.10.06.shtml)
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=195341&page=63 (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=195341&page=63) (to 66)
http://tennisfan1.proboards33.com/index.cgi?board=WTAt&action=display&thread=1160986788 (http://tennisfan1.proboards33.com/index.cgi?board=WTAt&action=display&thread=1160986788)

I love the one with Maria Sharapova and Anna Chakvetadze!

Video of third-set tiebreak:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ30U05v-4A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ30U05v-4A)

Nadia Petrova's blog for www.wtatour.com (http://www.wtatour.com/): "I also had a nice dinner with Maria Kirilenko at the tournament. I'm good friends with Maria, she's a sweet girl and I enjoy her company."

-----------
First round (Tuesday 10th October)
-----------

- Maria Yuryevna Kirilenko lt. Francesca Schiavone, 6-3 5-7 6-7 (3/7)

I have two videos of this match: one is live coverage, but sadly cuts out at 1-1* in the second set; the second video is a replay that starts at *5-6 in the third - after Maria had twice served for the match and missed two match-points!

Maria is now coached by Nigel Sears - formerly the coach of Daniela Hantuchová and of Amanda Coetzer (the 1990s' equivalent of Maria Kirilenko).

According to Chris Bradnam, Sears was glowing about Maria's attitude and work-ethic despite her slump. Sears was confident that Maria would put this behind her and move on in 2007 - at the age of 19, so much to work with. He targets Maria's serve and forehand as areas for improvement.

Sam Smith suggested that Maria's on-court modelling for Stella McCartney may be the reason for her slump, as it has attracted a lot of attention and put more pressure on her.

Chris Bradnam said Maria often hits her forehand off the back foot, instead of stepping up to it for good weight-transference. Schiavone was hitting the ball with all her weight going forwards, while Maria was backing off a lot - particularly in the first few games of the match. She was often way behind the baseline, making her vulnerable to dropshots as well as not getting enough power.

Sam Smith said Maria doesn't hit a flurry of winners, because she hits with too much spin. I would love to see Maria remodel her groundstrokes into ones of flairsome power, as Anna Chakvetadze has done so spectacularly this year.

Maria's recent results highlight an inability to close out matches:
- Beijing 1r: d. Gisela Dulko, 7-6 6-3;
- Beijing 2r: lt. Peng,Shuai, 7-5 4-6 2-6 after being a break up in the third;
- Seoul 1r: lt. Vera Dushevina, 3-6 7-5 5-7 after being a break up in the second;
- Tokyo 1r: lt. Morigami,Akiko, 6-1 2-6 6-7 after serving for the match in the third.

The umpire pronounced Maria's surname as "ki-ri-LEN-koh" when speaking English (as in "Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Kirilenko is challenging the call"), but when calling the score in Russian, pronounced it "ki-ri-lee-EN-ka"!

Maria Sharapova once said that it was correct to pronounce her surname as "sha-ra-POh-va" in English but "sha-RA-po-va" in Russian.

Maria's grunts were just lovely: a rich, fruity cross between Tatiana Golovin's girly noises and Maria Sharapova's rattlesome roars!

First Set
---------

Maria serving 0-0: Schiavone earned break-points at 15/40 with some aggressive net-play, but Maria saved them - the second with a crosscourt backhand pass-winner onto the sideline. But a double fault gave Schiavone a third break-point, which she converted with a crosscourt forehand pass-winner after Maria failed to find adequate depth on her approach-shot.

Schiavone serving 1-0: She held to 30 with a forehand smash-winner, and a point where she pinned Maria back and hit a backhand dropshot-winner.

Maria serving 0-2: Three unreturned serves. 40/15. Schiavone forehand smash-winner. 40/40. Maria backhand long. Ad Schiavone (break-point). Maria came to the net, forcing Schiavone to earth a backhand. Deuce #2. Schiavone forehand winner down the line. Ad Schiavone (BP #2). Schiavone backhand wide. Deuce #3. Schiavone netted a backhand dropshot. Ad Maria. Schiavone netted a backhand.

Schiavone serving 2-1: Maria leaned into a deep off-forehand winner onto the sideline. 0/15. Maria hit a deep error-forcing forehand. 0/30. Schiavone off-forehand winner. 30/30. Schiavone forehand just wide. 30/40 (break-point). Schiavone netted a forehand off a short ball.

Maria was much more positive in that game, stepping into the ball. Nice grunting from Maria! :hearts:

Maria serving 2-2: Schiavone forehand lob-winner onto the baseline. Double fault. 0/30. Schiavone errors. 40/30. Schiavone hit an error-forcing forehand down the line. 40/40. Ad Maria. Schiavone off-forehand drive-volley winner. Deuce #2. Double fault. Ad Schiavone (break-point). Maria saved it with an ace down the middle, pretty much on the junction! Deuce #3... Ad Maria. Service-winner.

Schiavone serving 2-3: With Maria stepping into her shots instead of backpedalling - and hitting the ball much better than she was in the early games - she broke to 15 as Schiavone made four errors of varying degrees of forcedness.

Maria serving 4-2: Schiavone backhand dropshot-winner. 0/15. Schiavone backhand just long. 15/15. Maria backhand dropshot + error-forcing forehand pass down the line. 30/15. Maria came in behind a short sliced backhand, and Schiavone hit a backhand pass-winner down the line three strokes later. Sam Smith criticised Maria's net-coverage and her inability to read the pass. 30/30. Schiavone backhand long. 40/30. A deep serve on the service-line forced Schiavone to net a backhand return.

Schiavone serving to stay in the first set at 2-5 (new balls): Schiavone crosscourt backhand winner. 0/15. Service-winner out wide. 15/15. Schiavone forehand just long. 30/15. Maria ran down a dropshot but sprayed a wild forehand very wide - a bit of a gag. 30/30. Double fault. 30/40 (set-point #1). With a huge, high-pitched roar, Maria hit a forehand just wide. 40/40. Maria hit a stinging backhand return to set up a two-handed backhand volley-winner. Ad Maria (SP #2). Schiavone saved it with a service-winner down the middle. Deuce #2. Ace down the middle. Ad Schiavone. Maria forehand return just wide.

Chris Bradnam: "This is where memory can work against you, if Kirilenko's thinking of the last few weeks! It could make her very nervous here - 'Oh no, not again,' comes into your mind. Gotta have belief in what you do best in moments like this, and try to structure the points around those strengths."

Maria serving for the first set at 5-3: Service-winner. 15/0. Schiavone forehand just long. 30/0. A good point ended with a Schiavone backhand volley-winner. 30/15. Schiavone crosscourt backhand + crosscourt forehand made Maria run from outside the tramlines to outside the other tramlines; Schiavone forehand volley-winner. 30/30. Maria found an amazing angle with a short crosscourt backhand just inside the sideline, setting up a backhand winner down the line. 40/30 (SP #3). Schiavone looked set to punish a couple of very short groundstrokes from Maria as she came to the net, but her backhand volley was too short, and Maria cracked a crosscourt forehand pass-winner to win the first set in 47 minutes.

Schiavone took a toilet-break. Sam Smith suggested that if a player takes a toilet-break, her opponent should get an extra Hawkeye-challenge. That sounds like an equitable quid pro quo to me!

Going to the toilet is an inalienable human right, but perhaps it should be treated as a code-violation, to discourage players who use it as a tactical break when they don't really need to go.

I have created a poll about toilet-breaks:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=270118 (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=270118)

Maria did some sexy leg-stretching exercises while she was kept waiting.

Second Set
----------

Schiavone serving 0-0: Schiavone came through an error-strewn game of two deuces, saving one break-point when Maria hit a forehand return just wide. On the last point of the game (ad Schiavone), a pinpoint forehand return down Schiavone's forehand-line gave Maria a chance to hit a crosscourt backhand winner off a short ball, but she netted it horribly.

Maria's body-language was very positive in that game, and the commentators praised her "winning mentality", saying that you wouldn't think to look at her that she was in a slump! She was bouncing on her toes before standing in the return-stance, and her grunts were just lovely.

Schiavone by contrast was labouring; her legs looked weary, and she looked mentally tired.

Maria serving 0-1: At 15/15, Maria played a nice spreading rally: serve out wide + crosscourt backhand + backhand down the line + two-handed crosscourt backhand volley - but sadly that last shot was just wide. 15/30. Schiavone hit a wild forehand smash just long. 30/30. Virtual ace down the middle. 40/30. Maria retrieved a forehand return down her forehand-line with a great get; Schiavone poked a weak off-forehand half-volley into the open court, which Maria ran down to hit a crosscourt backhand pass-winner, thanks to the netcord putting Schiavone off a backhand volley (Maria apologised).

Schiavone serving 1-1: A deep crosscourt forehand return at Schiavone's feet forced her to hit a forehand half-volley lob just wide. 0/15. That's where my first video cut out. :(

Third Set
---------

My second video catches a replay that was televised the day after. Chris Bradnam explained that Maria had twice served for the match (once in the second set, once in the third), with two match-points the latter time.

Maria serving to stay in the match at 5-6: Schiavone backhand just wide - but when she challenged the call, Hawkeye showed that it just caught the outside edge of the sideline! So they replayed the point: Maria went for a backhand down the line, but hit it long. 0/15. Virtual ace out wide. 15/15. Maria netted a forehand. 15/30. Ace out wide. 30/30. Service-winner down the middle. 40/30. Maria netted a forehand. 40/40. An off-backhand approach by Maria forced Schiavone to hit a forehand long. Ad Maria. Double fault. Deuce #2. Service-winner down the middle. Ad Maria. After a long rally with Maria's grunt rising in volume and pitch, Schiavone hit a forehand just wide.

From all the previous times I've seen Maria play (Birmingham 2004, Birmingham 2005, Wimbledon 2005 mixed doubles, and Miami 2006), I never knew she could serve like that!

6-6 tiebreak (all scores as Kirilenko/Schiavone):
{0/0*} Maria forehand just wide.
{*0/1} Maria served her 9th double fault of the match.
{*0/2} After a long rally in which Maria hit a backhand lob just in, Schiavone hit a backhand just long. The sound of the ball off Maria's racket was a lovely thock!
{1/2*} Maria netted a backhand return off a good serve from Schiavone, who recovered better physically from the previous point than Maria did.
{1/3*} And again.
{*1/4} A deep forehand approach by Maria forced Schiavone to hit a backhand very long & very wide.
{*2/4} Schiavone sprayed a backhand wide of the tramlines.
{3/4*} Service-winner down the middle.
{3/5*} Maria backhand return long.
{*3/6: three match-points} Maria netted her first serve... and her second. She threw her racket against the court with such force that it reached the hoardings at the side of the court - lucky that it didn't hit anyone! Chris Bradnam: "She's gonna need some TLC, Kirilenko."

Sam Smith referred to Maria as "the telegenic teenager".

-------
Doubles
-------

Maria Kirilenko/Vera Dushevina:
1r + Anna Chakvesnina/Elena Vesnina, 1-6 6-4 6-1
2r + Svetlana Kuznetsova/Nadia Petrova, 6-3 3-1 retired (Petrova right-pectoralis strain)
qf - KVETA PESCHKE/FRANCESCA SCHIAVONE [3], 5-7 5-7

Chakvesnina make a lovely couple, but it's a shame we don't see the Super Maria Sisters or even Dulkirilenko play doubles together anymore.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

Ravsieg
Oct 21st, 2006, 04:18 PM
Awesome report there! :D Thanks for all the info on Sears and Petrova's blog and that.

Honestly, I very much doubt about on-court modelling being reason for her slump. Sure it didn't help, but her slump started much later than that.