bye-Sharapova(2)

Anna can definetely make quarters with her draw :D All the best Anna :worship:

Wintermute
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
October 9-15, 2006
Tier I
Prize Money: $1,340,000
Surface: Supreme/Indoors

Website: www.kremlincup.ru (http://www.kremlincup.ru/index-eng.html)
Live court coverage: Comstar (http://www.kremlincup.comstar.ru/tv.shtml#)

[1] Amelie MAURESMO vs Bye
Elena VESNINA vs Na Li
Samantha STOSUR vs Qualifier
Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA (wc) vs [8] Nicole VAIDISOVA

[3] Svetlana KUZNETSOVA vs Bye
Vera DUSHEVINA (wc) vs Vera ZVONAREVA
Elena LIKHOVTSEVA vs Maria Elena CAMERIN
Anna-Lena GROENEFELD vs [5] Nadia PETROVA

[6] Patty SCHNYDER vs Chanda RUBIN
Qualifier vs Mara SANTANGELO
Shahar PEER vs Elena BOVINA (wc)
Bye vs [4] Elena DEMENTIEVA

[7] Dinara SAFINA vs Anna CHAKVETADZE
Francesca SCHIAVONE vs Maria KIRILENKO
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Bye vs [2] Maria SHARAPOVA

BUBI
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:10 PM
It's tough draw, but Anna is a tough girl :bounce:

Good luck against Safina :bounce: :yeah:

Wintermute
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Anna said in interview last week that she is very anxious to win a round at her hometown tournament. But as an unseeded player you are always up against the luck of the draw. I'm going to be more cautious in my expectations than you, MaretBellyButton.

First round is really tough as expected. Safina is a top ten player now. She had a rough time in Stuttgart this week while Anna's been in Moscow all week getting some R&R and preparing, so that could help her. Anna will still have to play extremely well but she can do it!

In terms of the chase for rankings, Anna is still not too far off Top 20 but she needs to win a round here to keep on track. There are several other players jockeying for position including Tatiana Golovin and Marion Bartoli who have picked up lots of points in Stuttgart and Tokyo respectively. Mary Pierce isn't defending her Moscow title so will drop out of Top 20 and below Anna this week.

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I don't think Dinara is in her best form. Anna has a big chance

doris_hdz
Oct 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Good luck against Safina

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I think Anna can beat Dinara. It will be tough but I think Anna will pull it off. Good luck Anna!

Pink Princess
Oct 7th, 2006, 07:14 PM
YAY!!!!!!! GO Anna! You can win this!

~|Naomi|~
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:13 AM
First round is really tough as expected. Safina is a top ten player now. She had a rough time in Stuttgart this week while Anna's been in Moscow all week getting some R&R and preparing, so that could help her. Anna will still have to play extremely well but she can do it!

Dinara is top 10 but she hasn't played like it since the clay. She has just had good draws in the US. This is definitely a winnable match for Anna - key will be to control the emotions and nerves. Dinara knows how to win big matches in Moscow such as against Sharapova last year, Anna doesn't know that yet.

selyoink
Oct 8th, 2006, 06:12 AM
I definitely think Anna can beat Dinara.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 8th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Good luck Anna :kiss:

Wintermute
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:53 PM
[1] Raymond/Stosur vs Kuznetsova/Petrova
Dushevina/Kirilenko vs Chakvetadze/Vesnina
[3] Peschke/Schiavone vs Fedak/Koryttseva
Qualifiers vs Pavlyuchenkova/Kleybanova (WC)

Tu/Zvonareva vs Benesova/Voskoboeva
Li/Vaidisova (WC) vs [4] Groenefeld/Huber
Rodionova/Vanc vs Peer/Santangelo
Husarova/Likhovtseva vs [2] Black/Stubbs

The only all Russian first round. :)

Minotaur
Oct 8th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I guess it will be a tough match. Please don't underestimate Dinara.

Pink Princess
Oct 9th, 2006, 04:43 PM
YAY!!! Tomorrow Chaky in TV she plays the third just shift when they connect those of Eurosport.

Central Court - 11:00 Start
1. Vesnina vs Li
2. NB 13:00 ATP Match
3. NB 15:00 Safina vs Chakvetadze
4. NB 16:30 Schiavone vs Kirilenko
5. NB 18:00 ATP Match
6. ATP Match

Very interesting this match Anna vs Dinara in this court pink and green track that I like!

Go Anna!!! Win the Match!:bigclap:

Wintermute
Oct 9th, 2006, 07:56 PM
YAY!!! Tomorrow Chaky in TV she plays the third just shift when they connect those of Eurosport.

Central Court
3. NB 15:00 Safina vs Chakvetadze

I'll have to set the VCR.

I really enjoyed the Kremlin Cup last year because of the live webstreaming of all the courts and I would put it on at work and watch all day! But I changed jobs at the beginning of this year and they won't let anyone have internet access. :mad: I think that demonstrates management's lack of trust in their employees. :angel:

Hope it's a good match... and Anna wins of course!

NyCPsU
Oct 10th, 2006, 06:11 AM
good luck against dinara, anna! you can so win this, all the best!! :bounce:

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 10th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Anna def Safina 6-1, 6-2! Anna played incredibly well! There was not much Dinara could do! Awesome win Anna! Good luck in round 2!

pascalre
Oct 10th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Great win for Anna - very nice day - and additional Lena Vesnina defeats Na Li in a great fight

CarlosTevez
Oct 10th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Fantastic :woohoo:

daniela86
Oct 10th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Amazing win Anna :yeah: :bounce: Very convincing scoreline :D :bounce: Huge congrats and good luck in the next round :) I hope to see Sharapova-Chakvetadze in QF :D
Davai Annaaaa!! :rocker: :rocker2:

Pink Princess
Oct 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM
WOW!!! Victory for Anna without problems, the first set in only 19 minutes, I saw it and it has been a walk, many winners, several aces, Chaky very agreed about the Court!

Wintermute
Oct 10th, 2006, 04:04 PM
:worship: :bounce:

I was not expecting such a one-sided scoreline as this. Fantastic stuff! I have the video of the match to watch later. Anna avenges her loss to Dinara in Moscow two years ago and picks up much desired ranking points.

In fact, Vesnina may have done Anna a little favour by knocking Na Li out first round. Anna is currently only 2 points outside the Top 20 so if she wins next round that will be a major breakthrough. :)

She plays Schiavone next. The crowd will be willing Anna to avenge Masha K's first round defeat. :devil:

NyCPsU
Oct 10th, 2006, 04:40 PM
congrats anna :worship: :worship:

awesome win today, fran in the final16, and after watching her today against mashak i would be surprised if anna lost....all the best once again anna, kick arse!!:D

Ballbasher
Oct 10th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Anna just amazing and I loved how she finished the match in style :rocker2:

Wintermute
Oct 10th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Just watched my video of the match and just... wow! I think the first set may be the best I've ever seen Anna play.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8076/chakydinakremlincup06r1statsoc0.png

Had to stick the stats in here because they make nice reading for Anna fans. Anna served 66% 1st serves in and won 81%. Compare to Dinara who put 74% in but only won 34%. Anna was reading Dinara's serve so well today.

Also Anna only lost 1 point on her own serve in the whole of the first set and made 2 unforced errors and something like 12 winners. :)

The first set was total control. Then she lost momentum and got broken at the beginning of the second. It was here she demonstrated her fighting qualities and got visibly psyched up to get back in command of the match. It was awesome. I love this girl. :lol:

The commentators made some interesting comments about Anna and Russian women's tennis. I wish I could upload this match for those who didn't see it. Maybe soon I'll work out a way.

Most interesting: Eurosport commentator Sam Smith says she was speaking to Olga Morozova at Roland Garros this year and Olga told her, "Do not underestimate Chakvetadze!" :cool:

doris_hdz
Oct 10th, 2006, 09:07 PM
:woohoo::woohoo: Anna.......

great job!!!:worship:

TeaMMashA
Oct 10th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I didnt see the match but was an overwhelming win! :D

selyoink
Oct 10th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Great win for Anna.

CarlosTevez
Oct 11th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Just watched my video of the match and just... wow! I think the first set may be the best I've ever seen Anna play.

I Finally got round to watch the match last night before i went to bed last night and i agree. That was definetly the best set of tennis i've ever seen from Anna and the second wasn't too bad either. A Great performance. :)

Wintermute
Oct 11th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Dushevina/Kirilenko def. Chakvetadze/Vesnina 1-6 6-4 6-1

The all Russian match started very well for Chaky and Lena V but they couldn't keep it up and it looks fairly comfortable for Vera and Lil Masha in the end.

Anna's next opponent Schiavone also played doubles today but she won 6-0 6-4 and was on court almost 40 mins less. Hopefully this won't be a factor tomorrow.

BUBI
Oct 11th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I guess we wont see Anna on Eurosport tomorrow because her match is the first on center court :(

selyoink
Oct 11th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I hope Anna doesn't have a letdown after her win against Safina. Schiavone is a tough customer but I feel Anna has more game then her and should win it.

Wintermute
Oct 11th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I guess we wont see Anna on Eurosport tomorrow because her match is the first on center court :(

:( That sucks. Schiavone made the final last year but Anna is playing so well right now, I hope she can keep it up and give us the quarter final we all want.

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 12th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Anna def Schiavone 7-6, 6-4! Nice win Anna! nice fight back from being down 4-2 in the second! Good luck against Maria!

BUBI
Oct 12th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Anna didn't serve well today, she needs to improve for tomorrow... But she has good chance to beat Sharapova now :bounce:

Pink Princess
Oct 12th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Heyyy tomorrow the attractive match I was hoping:D I it wise that I was going to produce to him Chakvetadze vs Sharapova, after this victory of today Anna I number 19 in the Ranking congratulation!

The best of the lucks tomorrow LadyAnna!!!:bigclap:

doris_hdz
Oct 12th, 2006, 01:59 PM
go Anna......

good luck!!!!!

the cat
Oct 12th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Well done Anna. :) And thanks to Anna for taking revenge :devil: on Schiavone who beat Anna's friend Maria Kirilenko in a marathon first round match. That loss for Maria upset me alot. But Anna took care of Schiavone and that pleases me.

Good luck to Anna against Big Masha. Anna is really coming into her own as a tennis player.

KV
Oct 12th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Well done Anna great :bounce: though expected Anna to def. Schiavone reach QF's. Very good Kremlin Cup in front of her homecrowd. :)

daniela86
Oct 12th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Yaynessss!! :banana: :banana: Well done Anna!!! :rocker: :rocker2: :D I'll finally see her play against my Masha :D :bounce: Hope it will be as interesting as their meeting last year in LA:) Keep on playing great Anna :hug: and reach the top 20 soon :hearts: :hug:

BUBI
Oct 12th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Yaynessss!! :banana: :banana: Well done Anna!!! :rocker: :rocker2: :D I'll finally see her play against my Masha :D :bounce: Hope it will be as interesting as their meeting last year in LA:) Keep on playing great Anna :hug: and reach the top 20 soon :hearts: :hug:
She will be in top20 next week even if Sharapova beats her ;)

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2006, 03:44 PM
This is the kind of match Anna needs. Beating Sharapova in Moscow

Wintermute
Oct 12th, 2006, 06:16 PM
:bounce:

Anna is just producing quality this week. Straight sets victories over a Top 10 player, then a Top 15. And she finally breaks the Top 20! :woohoo:

I expected this match to be tough but Anna is fighting amazingly hard in front of her home crowd. Winning here means so much to her. After losing 1st round the last two years and going down in qualies the year before this is quite a way to end that bad run.

This is the kind of match Anna needs. Beating Sharapova in Moscow

You'd like that wouldn't you, GL? ;)

I'm really looking forward to it and I hope Eurosport will show it so I can set the VCR.

KV
Oct 12th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Welcome in top 20 :bounce: :) this happened in her hometown. Now follows Masha we"ll see what will happen. Predicted Anna to win a set what she did before.

BUBI
Oct 12th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I'm really looking forward to it and I hope Eurosport will show it so I can set the VCR.
I'm afraid no. According to ES homepage they are showing men's tennis from Vienna at that time when Maria & Anna are playing :mad:

Pink Princess
Oct 12th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Centre Court (from 11.00hrs)

1. Zvonareva vs. Petrova
2. ATP: Davydenko vs. Mirnyi (NB 13.00hrs)
3. Mauresmo vs. Vaidisova (NB 15.00hrs)
4. Chakvetadze vs. Sharapova (NB 16.30hrs)
5. ATP: Singles Quarterfinal (NB 18.00hrs)
6. ATP: Singles Quarterfinal

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061010/capt.d472f6e587fc44d5a7beefaa33f8f22d.russia_tenni s_kremlin_cup_xmm107.jpg

Go Lady Anna!!!:bigclap:

Wintermute
Oct 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I'm afraid no. According to ES homepage they are showing men's tennis from Vienna at that time when Maria & Anna are playing :mad:

Hmmm... according to British Eurosport they will show this as long as it starts on time, i.e. 1.30pm UK time. Don't know about the rest of Europe. I will set the VCR and hope for the best.

NyCPsU
Oct 12th, 2006, 10:43 PM
:woohoo: anna good win over schiavone :bounce: and welcome to the top20!! :D

i watched the whole match on the livestream and when anna was on it was beautiful to watch, but when she is not doing well, like when she went from up 5-1 to down 5-6 in the first set it is hard to watch her, she looks sooo distraught on court, like shes about to just start bawling, she was the same way in new haven when i saw her live and she was losing to voskoboeva, but when things turned around and she was siking herself up in the tb it was just to cute :awww: anyway i love her more and more and all the best against maria, if anna serves well she can do it!! good luck!!

selyoink
Oct 12th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Yet another good victory for Anna. I think she has a good chance tomorrow.

the cat
Oct 13th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Congrats to Anna on making the top 20. :)

As for her match against Maria in the quarterfinals of Moscow it's vital she gets off to a good start so Masha won't steamroll her. Masha could still be rusty after only playing one match in the last month so Anna will have an opportunity to upset Maria if she plays clean tennis. I think Anna will upset Maria 6-4 4-6 7-5.

And it will be interesting to see who the Moscow crowd will be rooting for between Anna and Maria.

selyoink
Oct 13th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Ugh Anna into the semis via walkover.

Got up super early so I could watch her match. I guess I'm happy she is in semis but I really wanted to see how she would do against Sharapova.

Wintermute
Oct 13th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I feel really happy for Anna that she's into another Tier I semi but I hate that it had to happen this way. You don't get the satisfaction of the win plus there will be the inevitable sniping from some quarters that she doesn't deserve to be there as a healthy Maria would have beaten her. Well Maria was definitely the favorite but it wasn't that cut and dry.

At least now we get the tantalising match between Anna and Dementieva. I can't wait for that!

Wintermute
Oct 13th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Though I do not dispute the phosphorus obviously it favors to the interests I am sorry about it since Anna was very interesting Anna vs. Masha.

:confused: I do not understand. Maybe if you write it in Spanish?

BUBI
Oct 13th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Elena will be difficult opponent for Anna... in my opinion even more difficult than Masha would have been! Hopefully it will be a good match, Anna & Elena are my two favourite players :bounce:

Pink Princess
Oct 13th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Friday, October 13, 2006

Singles - Quarterfinals
Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) d. (2) Maria Sharapova (RUS) w/o (right foot strain)

Though it was not possible to play the match obviously it favors to the interests I am sorry about it since Anna was very interesting Anna vs. Masha.

GO ANNA REACH THE FINAL TOMORROW!!!

Wintermute I it made this post erroneous for mistake here I have to write in English obviously!

Wintermute
Oct 13th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Wintermute I it made this post erroneous for mistake here I have to write in English obviously!

That's OK. :lol: I would do a terrible job if I tried to write in Spanish.

Pink Princess
Oct 13th, 2006, 05:28 PM
That's OK. :lol: I would do a terrible job if I tried to write in Spanish.

So much like terrible? My I am charmed with the languages especially the English! My parents always ordered me England to study it.

Certainly! Tomorrow the match in European schedule is in the morning we are here very lucky on the other hand I believe that your schedule you goes very badly though equal I am wrong since approaches the weekend!

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Good luck against Elena! You can do it Anna!

doris_hdz
Oct 13th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Go Anna .....for the title!!

KV
Oct 13th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Looking forward to her match with Lena. As for Anna one can't ask for more SF in her hometown :bounce: And of course inside top 20.

Wintermute
Oct 13th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Tomorrow the match in European schedule is in the morning we are here very lucky on the other hand I believe that your schedule you goes very badly though equal I am wrong since approaches the weekend!

Central court
Start Time 13:00 http://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gifhttp://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gif Women, Singles, Semifinal
http://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gif(8) Vaidisova Nicole (CZE) http://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gif
(5) Petrova Nadia (RUS)

http://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gif followed by http://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gifhttp://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gif Women, Singles, Semifinal
http://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gif(4) Dementieva Elena (RUS) http://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gif
Chakvetadze Anna (RUS)
http://www.kremlincup.ru/img/dummy.gif
British Eurosport is showing both semis so I'll be OK. Plus Comstar has live streaming for anyone who can't get it on TV.

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 13th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Udachi La Chak :rocker2:

what a marvelous run :worship: a little sad Anna got in by a walkover but hopefully she seizes the oppurtunity by seizing Elena :devil: I think this will go to three :scared:

Anna :kiss:

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 11:40 AM
British Eurosport are no longer showing Anna's match because of the length of Nadia vs Nicole. :fiery:

Thank god for the live streaming.

BUBI
Oct 14th, 2006, 11:47 AM
British Eurosport are no longer showing Anna's match because of the length of Nadia vs Nicole. :fiery:

Eurosport retards:fiery: :weirdo:
Who wants to watch bikes racing around circle? :confused::weirdo:

Livestream quality is shit and Anna is down 1-2 :mad:

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Eurosport retards:fiery: :weirdo:
Who wants to watch bikes racing around circle? :confused::weirdo:

Livestream quality is shit and Anna is down 1-2 :mad:

I think the livestream is quite watchable but for some reason I'm sure the quality was better last year.

Anyway this match is just one break of serve after another so far.

BUBI
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I think the livestream is quite watchable but for some reason I'm sure the quality was better last year.

Anyway this match is just one break of serve after another so far.
When Elena D. is playing it doesn't matter who's serving... 4-4 now :D

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Great hustle from Anna and she comes from behind to take the first set 7-5.

Pink Princess
Oct 14th, 2006, 01:03 PM
7-5 FOR ANNA!!!:woohoo:

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Anna plays one sloppy game to get broken and loses second set 6-3.

BUBI
Oct 14th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I believe Anna can still win this and Nadia maybe withdraws from the final.. so it could be title for Anna... Fight Anna :shout:

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I believe Anna can still win this and Nadia maybe withdraws from the final.. so it could be title for Anna... Fight Anna :shout:

That's not the nicest way to win a title. I'd rather Nadia plays.

Pink Princess
Oct 14th, 2006, 01:44 PM
OHHH NOOO that horror Anna loses 3-6 :( :( :(

Go Anna win the Third!!!

BUBI
Oct 14th, 2006, 01:44 PM
That's not the nicest way to win a title. I'd rather Nadia plays.
Of course. Elena throwing the ball sideways again. Good sign for Anna :)

Pink Princess
Oct 14th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Chakvetadze 7-5 3-6 3-0

YAY!!!

WOOOOHOOOO GO ANNA!!!

BUBI
Oct 14th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Anna wins 7-5 3-6 6-0 :woohoo:

KV
Oct 14th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Unbelievable Anna is in KC final. Celebrates her best ever tourney in her native Moscow :)

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Anna wins 7-5 3-6 6-0 :woohoo:

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I'm simply stunned. Anna was amazing today. She outclassed Lena in that third set. She is playing like Top 10.

selyoink
Oct 14th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Another great win for Anna. Though I would've much preferred Lena winning.

But I'm back rooting for Anna now. I really hope she takes the title tomorrow. Petrova will be very difficult though.

cindy
Oct 14th, 2006, 02:06 PM
OMG!!! what an incredible 3rd det!!! congrats anna!!!! I hope she can win tomorrow even if I like nadia a lot it will be great for anna to have such a great tournement!!!
good luck!!!

Pink Princess
Oct 14th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Anna wins 7-5 3-6 6-:devil:0 :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

WOOOOOHOOOO!!! I think she has a great chance to get into the Final

Marvellous and wonderful :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

pascalre
Oct 14th, 2006, 02:11 PM
:dance: Anya :dance:

What a firework in third set

But Nadia Petrova is also in top form - best wishes for Anya

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Stats:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7456/chaklenadkremlincup06sfstatsfz8.png

markspot
Oct 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM
So I captured that live stream to a file.
The quality is not so bad, considering.
You can see the ball clearly.
wmv9 320x240 250 kbps, 2 hours 18 minutes, 270 MB
So long, because it also includes the warmup and that interview without sound at the end :)
I could put it on RapidShare if somebody wants it.

goldenlox
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM
This is Anna's biggest payday and biggest match

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Awesome win Anna! Good luck in the final against Nadia!

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I could put it on RapidShare if somebody wants it.

Can you break it into smaller pieces?

markspot
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:33 PM
This is Anna's biggest payday and biggest match

A reigning grand slam champion beaten by a child in a grand slam in straight sets is also not bad.
Myskina then was, what, #2? At least she got to #2 the next week, I think

markspot
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Can you break it into smaller pieces?

I heard that rapidshare now allows only up to 100 MB,
so 3 parts at least.
Do you want smaller?
I can make a multi-part rar, or a split file, but not multiple videos.

goldenlox
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM
A reigning grand slam champion beaten by a child in a grand slam in straight sets is also not bad.
Myskina then was, what, #2? At least she got to #2 the next week, I thinkMyskina would have lost to a lot of players after the Olympics.
This is a bigger match. Anna is a Moscovite

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:52 PM
so 3 parts at least.

3 is alright for me.

markspot
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Myskina would have lost to a lot of players after the Olympics.
This is a bigger match. Anna is a Moscovite

yes, perhaps a bigger match, tier 1 semifinal versus grand slam round 2,
but Myskina is a bigger scalp, she was probably #3 at the time, and became #2 after USO, Dementieva is #7.

goldenlox
Oct 14th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Not right after the Olympics.
I'm sure this final is Anna's biggest match ever

pascalre
Oct 14th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Anna's win at the official WTA site:
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/

markspot
Oct 14th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Not right after the Olympics.
I'm sure this final is Anna's biggest match ever

Hopefully, for one day only :)

doris_hdz
Oct 14th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Go Anna in the final!!!!

markspot
Oct 14th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Moscow 2006 Semifinal Chakvetadze - Dementieva,
captured from the internet stream, 320x240 250 kbps

Here it is:

http://rapidshare.de/users/6RNT3Z

Wintermute
Oct 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Nadia Holds Her Nerve, Anna Breaks New Ground

MOSCOW, Russia (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?contentid=910) - Not only did the Russian contingent dominate the Kremlin Cup draw in quantity, but in quality as well; on Saturday, two of the 15 Russians that started the week prevailed in three set semifinals to reach the final in front of their adoring home crowd.

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/library/200x250/72166885_10.jpg

[...]

Awaiting Petrova in the final will be Anna Chakvetadze, who won an all-Russian match with Elena Dementieva, 75 36 60. The unseeded teen struggled with her left shoulder early on, even getting medical treatment after three games, but she still managed to win the first set. The No.4-seeded Dementieva won the second but appeared to have used up all her energy and Chakvetadze pounced, losing a total of six points in polishing off her fifth career Top 10 victory and reaching her first Tier I final."I still can't believe I'm in the final of the Kremlin Cup," Chakvetadze said. "For Russian players this is a very important tournament, and I'm so happy to be just one match from possibly winning the title."

"I was too tired in the end and couldn't bring my best tennis to the court today," Dementieva said. "I had two very tough matches this week and was trying very hard to be fully fit after I had some trouble with my leg last week but in the third set she was simply fresher than me."

Chakvetadze had already taken out four Top 10 players prior to Saturday's win, but this is the first time in her career she has done it twice in one week. In the opening round here, she ousted new world No.10 Dinara Safina in straight sets.

A lot on the line in Sunday's final; Chakvetadze leads series, 2-0

For both players, winning the Kremlin Cup would be one of their greatest honors. Although Petrova has already won six Sony Ericsson WTA Tour singles titles (five in 2006) and a pair of Tier Is (Charleston and Berlin, both this past spring), she hasn't won on home soil yet; and for Chakvetadze it would be her first Tier I title, having won her first title two weeks ago at the Tier III event in Guangzhou.

But for Petrova, not only is there a title within reach, there is also a chance for vengeance. Between her stellar clay court season and her equally-impressive indoor season thus far, Petrova went through a hip injury-induced summer slump, the lowest points coming during the summer hardcourt season leading up to the US Open, where she failed to win a match in four tournaments. Two of those losses came to Chakvetadze.

Petrova was upended by her young countrywoman in her opening match at San Diego, 63 67(5) 62, as well as in her first match in Montréal, 61 64. But things seem a lot different for the 24-year-old Muscovite since hitting the indoor courts of Stuttgart last week, where she won her fifth title of the year.

"It's a dream to be playing the Kremlin Cup final," Petrova declared. "I really hope I can bring my best tennis to the court tomorrow."

"I've been playing very well all week," Chakvetadze said of her Kremlin Cup run, "so hopefully I can keep it going for just one more day."

the cat
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Good luck to Anna in the Ladies Kremlin Cup final. :) I hope she's ready for such a big moment in her career. But if Petrova serves well it's hard to imagine Anna beating her.

Dasha_
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:19 PM
"I've been playing very well all week," Chakvetadze said of her Kremlin Cup run, "so hopefully I can keep it going for just one more day."

I just LOVE this statement!!!

P.S. Visit this website about Anna - www.annachakvetadze.org

DokicForever
Oct 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
c'mon Anna win it baby!!

Derek.
Oct 15th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Good luck Anna! :)

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 15th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Good luck Anna :kiss: :hearts: :worship:

TeaMMashA
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Good Luck Anna!

Epigone
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Anna d. Nadia Petrova 6-4 6-4 to capture her home title :dance:

BUBI
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Title for Anna :worship:

Amazing win over Petrova 6-4 6-4 :banana:

Wintermute
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:15 AM
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

This is just insane! I can't believe it! I was actually shaking after that.

Anna is amazing. I can't say more than that. :D

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

smokovec
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm so Happy for this victory!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wintermute, you must change your avatar, with a more important trophy for Anna. :lol: :lol:

Harju.
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Congrats Anna :yeah:
Been playing very solid this week.

Jay Leno
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Congratz Chaky :yeah:

Pink Princess
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:33 AM
ANNA CHAKVETADZE CHAMPION!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

YAY!!!!!!! GO Anna! Wooohooo Congrats!!! :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Chaky is the best!!! :kiss: :hearts: :smooch:

Great Victory :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Welcome to the Popular Party Kremlim Cup 2006 of the Princess Chakvetadze :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wintermute
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Does anyone have video of the trophy presentation? Eurosport didn't show it.

Drimal
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:39 AM
:banana: :worship: Congrats Anna! :worship: :banana:

She is playing amazing these past two weeks! And she had a rather difficult draw in Moscow facing so many top 15 players but at the end she won over Safina, Schiavone, Sharapova (although WO ;) ), Dementieva and Petrova! :bowdown:

Now I can't wait for the pics! :lick: :hearts:

Ballbasher
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Anna :hearts: :kiss: :inlove: :hug: :worship: :yeah: :eek: :eek:
Ammazing week fopr you probably the best one in your career so far :hearts:
I hope you can break Top15 and Top10 soon :D

Ballbasher
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Anna said in interview last week that she is very anxious to win a round at her hometown tournament. But as an unseeded player you are always up against the luck of the draw. I'm going to be more cautious in my expectations than you, MaretBellyButton.

In terms of the chase for rankings, Anna is still not too far off Top 20 but she needs to win a round here to keep on track. There are several other players jockeying for position including Tatiana Golovin and Marion Bartoli who have picked up lots of points in Stuttgart and Tokyo respectively. Mary Pierce isn't defending her Moscow title so will drop out of Top 20 and below Anna this week.
:p :p :p Anna :yeah:

Verdasco
Oct 15th, 2006, 11:52 AM
:sobbing: I wanted Nadia to win :sobbing:

:sad: Well done Anna anyway :sad:

Wintermute
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:00 PM
:p :p :p

:bowdown: MaretBellyButton

pascalre
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Kremlin Cup Moscow Champion 2006
Anna Chakvetadze

~|Naomi|~
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I haven't been around much this week - been very busy, but maybe I should stay away more often if it means Anna will produce tennis like this:p

Well done Anna - awesome display.:worship:

Dan23
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:19 PM
:woohoo:
Well done Anna

KV
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Can't believe Anna's done it. Though Kremliin Cup surface is the surface among grass what suits Anna slightly best. Anna way above schedule to win the Kremlin Cup. :)

Wintermute
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:42 PM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2951/annaaftervc0.jpg

:woohoo:

Pink Princess
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Pictures for the recollection!!!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061015/capt.da156c0abce047bab64569c47270a367.russia_tenni s_kremlin_cup_xsp111.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/c3/full.getty-tennis-atp-wta-chakvetadze-petrova_8_07_09_am.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061015/capt.a76722323cfb47c897ffe217ef701804.russia_tenni s_kremlin_cup_xsp112.jpg

daniela86
Oct 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Awesome Anna :bounce: :bounce: :hug: :rocker: :rocker:!!!! I must admit that at the beginning of the week,I didn't think Anna would be able to take the title :o but I'm soo glad she proved me wrong :yeah:. I will be more confident about Anna from now on. :p
Keep playing as great Anna :bigclap: :hug: and thanks for the joy you have given to your fans!! :hug: :bounce:
Btw,thanks a lot for the pic Wintermute :D Anna seems soo happy :D How can someone not want her to win when she is soo happy and :awww: after winning a title :hug:?

CarlosTevez
Oct 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Anna Rules !!!!!!!!!!!! :bigclap: :yippee: :woohoo:

likushia
Oct 15th, 2006, 01:45 PM
woooooooooooooooooow :eek:

i didnt expect. actually im happy mostly cuz Nadja lost :devil: anyway thnx Anna for dat...

im from Georgia and people dont like Anna here, becuz she has a Georgian origination but plays for Russia, especially now when the political situation between our countries is extremly stretched. anyway its gr8 dat she won Kremlin Cup...

well done Anna :worship: :worship:

doris_hdz
Oct 15th, 2006, 02:36 PM
:worship::bounce::bigclap::woohoo:

Well done Anna !!! and Congrats!!!

selyoink
Oct 15th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Anna :woohoo:

Hell Yeah! I never thought she would win the title. I thought she would make the semis but not be the champion. I'm so happy for her.

And to think only a couple of weeks ago she had never won a title.

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 15th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Awesome Anna! You played great all week long! Great job! Congrats!

the cat
Oct 15th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Well done Anna. :) She's really coming into her own now. And winning the Ladies Kremlin Cup must be a dream come true for her.

Derek.
Oct 15th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Wow Anna! :worship:

Another amazing week! :clap2:

Must feel awesome to win this title infront of her home crowd! :D

goldenlox
Oct 15th, 2006, 04:56 PM
I though when I saw the draw that Anna might not get past round 1.
And she wins the title, and $200,000.
A nice week for Anna

BUBI
Oct 15th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I knew she would win this tournament :D

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9222265&postcount=11

Confident
Oct 15th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Congrats, great week for her. Honestly, I thought Petrova would win the final, but it seems this day was made for Anna. ;)

Vassili
Oct 15th, 2006, 06:12 PM
wowww Great job ! Congrats ! :kiss:

Proust
Oct 15th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Well done Anna, I knew you could do it :)
Hopefully I'll catch some footage from the match on Sportscenter tonight

NyCPsU
Oct 15th, 2006, 06:56 PM
all i can say is :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dasha_
Oct 15th, 2006, 09:29 PM
I knew she could do it for some time. And now dhe has done it!!!! Congratulations, Anna.

Wintermute
Oct 15th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Chakvetadze Beats Petrova For Kremlin Cup Title

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/library/200x250/72171963_10.jpg

MOSCOW, Russia - With 15 Russians in the draw, the Kremlin Cup crowds were optimistic that one of their own would end up hoisting the trophy on Sunday. But, few would have predicted which Russian would eventually make their hopes come true. Capping the week with a 64 64 championship victory over Nadia Petrova, Anna Chakvetadze won her second and biggest career Sony Ericsson WTA Tour title at the Tier I Kremlin Cup.

Despite coming off her maiden title two weeks ago at the Tier III in Guangzhou, Chakvetadze came into the Kremlin Cup unseeded, and thus largely unheralded. But that did not get in the way of one of the fastest-rising stars around; she made a dream run to the final, beating Top 10 stars Dinara Safina and Elena Dementieva, as well as world No.12 Francesca Schiavone, en route to her first Tier I final.

In Petrova, she was facing a player who had been struggling mightily with injuries in the days leading up to the final, but coming off her fifth title of the season in Stuttgart and battling through to this week's final, the No.5 seed left it all on the court anyway. The two players served strongly and traded solid groundstrokes throughout the one-hour, 31-minute final, and aside from a slight comeback in the second set, where Petrova cut a 4-1 hole down to 4-3, Chakvetadze was in comfortable control throughout, finally improving to 3-0 against her compatriot.

The 19-year-old Muscovite was ecstatic after the straight set championship win, which represented her sixth career Top 10 victory; her fourth and fifth came earlier in the week with the aforementioned defeats of Safina and Dementieva.

"I'd come to watch the Kremlin Cup with my parents from the age of six, and I never thought I'd play in this tournament," Chakvetadze said afterwards. "To win the title here is just unbelievable – a dream come true.

"Having won my first title recently I had an even better week here, beating three Top 10 players, so I'm definitely going to buy myself something as a reward for this victory. I'm also going to celebrate this victory with my family and friends."

Despite not coming away with the trophy, Petrova can walk away knowing she is back in form, consolidating last week's Stuttgart title with a scintillating run to the final this week, notching solid wins over Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Vera Zvonareva and Elena Likhovtseva, as well as a clutch semifinal win over Nicole Vaidisova.

She was winless against Chakvetadze coming in, suffering two losses during the summer hardcourt season, when she was undergoing a hip injury-induced slump.

"I think it would have been a different story today if I was fully fit," Petrova said. "My movement was limited and I couldn't serve at my maximum power. My serve is one of my weapons, so that was a shame. However, it's all about how well you play, and today Anna played better than me, so she deserved the victory. This is her biggest title, and I'm very happy for her."

wtatour.com (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?contentid=913)

Anna :cool: :D
Nadia :yeah:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 16th, 2006, 01:59 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 16th, 2006, 01:59 AM
:hearts: :hearts: Well done Anna :D :hearts: :worship:

cosmoose
Oct 17th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Youtube link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=V5_LhIBowsg)

For those of you that missed the trophy ceremony.
Two things that I noticed..
1. Anna was so nervous during her victory speech, she keeps tugging on her skirt. :)
2. Anna picks up the wrong trophy before meeting the photographers. Thankfully VIP standing next to her helped her out. :)
I wonder what the second trophy was for. :confused:

Wintermute
Oct 17th, 2006, 06:05 PM

Thank you. I hoped someone had this. Is there a way to download it?

I don't blame Anna for being nervous. I would be in front of thousands of people! :scared: I just wish Eurosport had stuck around for the ceremony. I've got the final I recorded on DVD now. :cool:

cosmoose
Oct 18th, 2006, 05:05 AM

I don't blame Anna for being nervous. I would be in front of thousands of people! :scared: I just wish Eurosport had stuck around for the ceremony. I've got the final I recorded on DVD now. :cool:

If you are using firefox browers,
Use downloadhelper and download youtube video as .flv file
link (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3006/)

Then convert the file to desired video format using this freeware.
link (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html)

GeorgianFan
Oct 18th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Super Anna "Dzaan magari xar" Georgians Are With You!!!!!!!!!

Albireo
Oct 18th, 2006, 12:53 PM

Could you upload the final somewhere in a format that us Mac-tards can download and handle? :)

Wintermute
Oct 18th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Could you upload the final somewhere in a format that us Mac-tards can download and handle? :)

I am getting a brand-spanking new PC in a couple of weeks just for myself (I share the PC I currently use). When I've got it set up I'm going to see about ripping the DVD and re-encoding it but you'll have to give me time I'm afraid.

Dasha_
Oct 18th, 2006, 10:02 PM

Two things that I noticed..
1. Anna was so nervous during her victory speech, she keeps tugging on her skirt. :)
2. Anna picks up the wrong trophy before meeting the photographers. Thankfully VIP standing next to her helped her out. :)
I wonder what the second trophy was for. :confused:

THANKS!!!!

wtatourfan
Oct 21st, 2006, 01:42 PM
Moscow 2006 Semifinal Chakvetadze - Dementieva,
captured from the internet stream, 320x240 250 kbps

Here it is:

http://rapidshare.de/users/6RNT3Z

Does anyone have the final??? I´d love to see Anna´s victory.
Thanks in advance.

BUBI
Nov 7th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Does anyone have the final??? I´d love to see Anna´s victory.
Thanks in advance.
The final is on Eurosport, starting in 25 minutes!
If anyone could record and upload it?????
Please! :shout::bounce:

kinglear
Jan 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
This is when I first became a Chakvetadze fan. I was so impressed with the impossible shots she made and she made all her amazing shots seem effortless. What is not to like about this girl. She's cute like a little baby doll, yet sexy and she seems so personable. Also, during the Kremlin Cup final, did anyone notice how some of Anna's serves clipped the net, but no one said anything. I did, but her serves are so soft that's it's sometimes hard to tell. That's the beauty of a soft serve. From what I've seen, Anna is more about placement on her serve than power. I can't wait until Hobart. I think 2007 is her year, but I guess it's just better to let things happen on their own. :)