PDA

View Full Version : what's happened with Poutchkova lately?

Slumpsova
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:14 AM
this girl is playing so well in asia.

Bali - QF (lost to Bartoli)
Kolkata - F (lost to Hingis)
Guangzhou - QF (lost to Chakvetadze)
Tashkent - SF (face Tulyaganova)

is this girl the next russian big thing? :eek:

CooCooCachoo
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:19 AM
When I saw her in Paris, I could see she can play, but I never expected such results :shrug:

TatiAnnahølic
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM
The win over Ivanovic gave her lot of confidence. The talent was there, it was just a matter of time for her to breakthrough, and she finally did it :worship:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:50 AM
im so loving her rught now i hope she keeps this up

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Olga's getting better, she's still only played a handful of full tour maindraws.

Harju.
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:48 PM
About damn time she made a breakthrough.
She can finally start playing WTA more often now.
:banana:

goldenlox
Oct 6th, 2006, 02:08 PM
She really came out of nowhere.
Now it's just a question of how good Olga will become.
She goes into my sig today

rhz
Oct 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM
She must love playing in Asia!

tenn_ace
Oct 6th, 2006, 03:13 PM
She really came out of nowhere.
Now it's just a question of how good Olga will become.
She goes into my sig today

I disagree. She hasn't won any junior's GS's, but she never really played much in juniors and she's always been a very promising player.

goldenlox
Oct 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I disagree. She hasn't won any junior's GS's, but she never really played much in juniors and she's always been a very promising player.I meant, her rise this summer.
I don't remember many predicting she would (or might) pass Vesnina in 2006

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 6th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Olga stopped playing juniors at 15, she was playing in jr's with the likes of Sharapova and co beforehand. She was always good, had some good results back then.
took her longer to get there, now its full steam ahead ;)

Shonami Slam
Oct 6th, 2006, 03:42 PM
generally speaking we are seeing the 1987 crop of russians attacking the tour from all tiers now.
poutchkova is a great prospect - but it was always a question of "when" and not "if"

Slumpsova
Oct 6th, 2006, 03:51 PM
she isn't on Bangkok list so i guess she will play Moscow :sad:

RJWCapriati
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Very nice results

Leo_DFP
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I've never seen her play, but with these results I'm sure I will soon.

BMP
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I read an article about her in Russian. Her family moved to the US a long ago, her dad is her own coach and he's said that although Olga represents Russia, she owes all her recent success to her parents only but not to the Russian Tennis Federation, and generally he criticized the Federation saying that they never gave her any support, and have no real training system...

it's also said in the article that she was born in Minsk, Belarus, but in her WTAtour profile 'Moscow, Russia' is specified :confused:

Uranus
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:45 PM
It's called a breakthrough :cool:

Wintermute
Oct 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
She's having an amazing run right now. I don't remember seeing her play before so I look forward to her being on my TV in the near future.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 7th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I read an article about her in Russian. Her family moved to the US a long ago, her dad is her own coach and he's said that although Olga represents Russia, she owes all her recent success to her parents only but not to the Russian Tennis Federation, and generally he criticized the Federation saying that they never gave her any support, and have no real training system...

it's also said in the article that she was born in Minsk, Belarus, but in her WTAtour profile 'Moscow, Russia' is specified :confused:

Olga played for Belarus in juniors and only changed to Russia about 2-3 yrs ago.
her dad probably meant the Belarus Fed.

any case there is no Russian system in place, all the players come thru dispite it, not cos of it.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:00 PM
thast shows the fight of these girls

keep up great results olga