PDA

View Full Version : Pasczek, Azarenka, Radwanska - Thoughts on these 3 exciting youngsters???

Lenafan
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Who do you think will be the best of these three. Seem to be 3 newcomers who we might be seeing a lot of in the future. I have only seen a bit of Radwanska on Wimbledon.org and never seen Paczek. I have seen Azarenka in person twice and kind of like her(course I like most tall European women) - once in US Open junior finals against Glatch or Wozniak(can't remember which one) and against Chakvedatze. Very impressed by Radwanska's intelligent game and spirit. But I am sure there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum who know WAY more about these 3 than me and would be interested in hearing insights on who will end up being the best of these 3 and what ranking do you think they are capable of i.e. top 20??, top 50?? etc. and who will be the nicest person to the fans and sign the most autographs since so many idiots in these forum seem to care about type of thing. Kidding.

kittyking
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Azerenka is the best of the 3 by far, I followed her alot in her junior days and she was simply outstanding

Jakeev
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Have not yet seen Vika play but I'm somewhat impressed by both Pasczek and Radwanska.

In fact, it is what makes me so mad about the state of American tennis right now. You see those two players on court and you can just see the fight and determination on their faces.

They want to win and are training hard to get great results at the WTA stage.

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:33 AM
I love Aga and Tamira :D Their tennis is fantastic, interesting and both have a lot of room to progress. I don't care who will become the best in terms of results as soon as they stay healthy and have enough results so I can watch them on TV :lol:

die_wahrheit
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Radwanska and Azarenka are still 1 1/2 years older than Paszek.
Radwanska should climb the rankings fast.
She has a younger sister, one day younger than Paszek, and in Poland these two girls are considered as the new Williams.

controlfreak
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
I haven't seen them much but I already don't like them very strongly.

LUXXXAS
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:44 AM
She has a younger sister, one day younger than Paszek, and in Poland these two girls are considered as the new Williams.
really?:tape: :bolt:

gumoll
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:45 AM
really?:tape: :bolt:
what?!?!?! :eek:

DutchieGirl
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Tamira is younger, as someone stated, and so she may needa little more time to develop. Aga has certainly made the biggest move up the rankings this year. I have only seen Vika play though, and the AO, and she didn't impress me that much (I still do like her though), but she was injured, so I think she couldn't play her game properly then.

It'll be interesting to follow the progress of all 3!

Slumpsova
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM
:haha:
are you sure that was a compliment? :p

CooCooCachoo
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Azerenka is the best of the 3 by far, I followed her alot in her junior days and she was simply outstanding

I disagree. I have not seen Paszek play, yet, so I cannot judge her, but I would have to say Radwanska impressed me a great deal more than Azarenka. Agnieszka has a really smart game and I cannot think of any kind of player or surface she could not deal with. Azarenka, on the other hand, relies so heavily on power, that she becomes extremely error-prone. She will, in my opinion, never reach the stability and consistency of Radwanska. I am sure she could beat her on a good day, but would lose to her on any other.

tennisbear7
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Hmmm...

Don't know much about Pasczek but she just won a tournie so that's nothing to scoff at.

Radwanska - Very intelligent game - plays like Hingis but doesn't have Hingis' natural ability but still has some very clever moves. Outstanding backhand - could improve on second serve and forehand, as well as court movement.

Azarenka - Outstanding junior player but this doesn't correlate to a production of a superstar tennis player (just ask Ana and Nicole)... has a lot of firepower... big serve... probably doesn't play as intelligently as she should because according to reports, she can get really angry and just blast and blast the ball away.

I don't know about you, but I think Radwanska could make it real big because her backhand is just off the page.

DutchieGirl
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:43 AM
oh btw - Paszek has no c in it. ;)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Aga will be top 20 within 12 months i reckon azarenka really had an awesome junior career but hasnt shown me anything on the senior tour as to where shes gonna go (except this week in tashkent) paszek winning a title the other week was impressive big time but we will see how she continues

Dexter
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Tamira impressed me a lot last year in Linz, I have also seen a bit of before. She certainly has the game and should be in Top100 very very soon. Top20 at least in the future.

Wika as others mentioned is a powerplayer. She hits with enormous power. I have seen very little of her though.

Aga is the one I have seen a lot of. She has very intelligent game and her arsenal of shots is very impressive. She's in the Top70 already and with good results in Linz & Hasselt she might break Top50 even this year! I think she will be seeded at Roland Garros next year. She's also very kind in person when I met her in Warsaw this year :)

Dexter
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:56 AM
She has a younger sister, one day younger than Paszek, and in Poland these two girls are considered as the new Williams.:spit: lmfao.

AaronJoyB
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Vika by miles!

ezekiel
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:41 PM
I think Tamira will be an elite player, others I have not seen but by results Aga should be up there very soon

jamatthews
Oct 6th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Paszek impressed me the most followed by Ula, if she can avoid going off the boil every time she makes an arror. ;)

Freakan
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Paszczak :lol:

Uranus
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:48 PM
My thoughts on those three? Top 5! :D

Viktymise
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:59 PM
The radwanska's are not the new Williams's there games are very different they are pretty opposite :lol:, but Agnieska has alot of court savy something most youngsters dont have, she reads the game really well and it sets her aside for the rest of the upcoming juniors, doesnt have as good a serve yet or have the devastating power as the other juniors, Azarenka has more raw talent i think great power in her game still lacks consistency though, Pasczek i cannot comment on because i aint see her but she sounds promising, prob 3 future top 10 or 20 players possibly slam winners amoung them

Carsten
Oct 6th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Paszek didn't impress me when I've seen her... was just consistent from the baseline with not much power...

Radwanska on the other hand is really good, she has no big weakness, can construct points well and hit many winners... She should have a very nice career :)

I've never seen Azarenka...

Corswandt
Oct 6th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Never seen Paszek play.

Azarenka's game can best be described as "LET IT RIP!". Fun to watch, though not necessarily effective (see Sprem, Karolina). Maybe her team will try to shape her game into something not quite as brutal but more reliable, following the path set by Sharapova (IMO also being followed by Vaidisova, but it may be too soon to draw any conclusions), with the advantage of Azarenka being equally strong off both sides. Somewhere between #50-100 if she doesn't make it, the sky is the limit if she does.

Radwanska I find perplexing. Her shot variety is overrated (those slices are awkward looking and for the most useless) and comparisons to Hingis unwarranted. What Radwanska does have is an uncanny ability to switch gears just at the right moment; she knows when to play like a backboard (and her impressive retrieving is usually what we remember the most after watching her play, but it accounts only for a part of her game, usually the decisive points), when to feed off her opponent's rhythm (since she isn't powerful enough to generate her own pace), at which she seems masterful, when to go for the lines. She can accelerate from being totally static deep behind the baseline to top speed in a fraction of a second; dropshotting Radwanska is suicidal, almost as much as rushing the net against Rafa. Bottom line: a good defender, difficult to be blown clean off the court by players who don't know how to build points to finish them at the net (i.e. 95% of today's tour), but lacking in power to force a decision on her own terms. Difficult to predict how a player with her characteristics will do on today's game. Golovin is doing decently, but usually doesn't pose much of a threat to the very top players. Will Radwanska be the same?

waratahsrock
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Azarenka has huge talent and after a pretty ordinary first half of the year she's really starting to put it together now. Big wins at the USO and getting some consistant results. She has tremendous strike power and i believe she's going to really climb the rankings over the next few months.

ZAK
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Golovin is doing decently, but usually doesn't pose much of a threat to the very top players. Will Radwanska be the same?

I'm sorry I have to do this again. Earlier this year, Golovin played very close matches against top 5 players within a 6 week period. Plus she has a pretty nice collection of top 10 wins

.Andrew.
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I think Aga is the most impressive.

Corswandt
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Earlier this year, Golovin played very close matches against top 5 players within a 6 week period.

And how many did she win?

I was merely using Golovin as an example. No need to charge to her defense.

ZAK
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:20 PM
She posed a threat. Just pointing out an inaccuracy

I agree with you about Aga and Vika though. Aga doesn't really play like Martina Hingis and people should stop it with that comparison. Vika hits the hell out of the ball but that doesn't guarantee success, which I think people sometimes forget.

Dexter
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:25 PM
She posed a threat. Just pointing out an inaccuracy

I agree with you about Aga and Vika though. Aga doesn't really play like Martina Hingis and people should stop it with that comparison. Vika hits the hell out of the ball but that doesn't guarantee success, which I think people sometimes forget.It was LenaD in Warsaw that compared Aga to Martina first after their close match in the QF. :wavey:

bellascarlett
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Azarenka's game can best be described as "LET IT RIP!". Fun to watch, though not necessarily effective (see Sprem, Karolina). Maybe her team will try to shape her game into something not quite as brutal but more reliable, following the path set by Sharapova (IMO also being followed by Vaidisova, but it may be too soon to draw any conclusions), with the advantage of Azarenka being equally strong off both sides. Somewhere between #50-100 if she doesn't make it, the sky is the limit if she does.

Nice. I saw Azarenka at the US Open this year against Myskina...and wow the firepower! Highly aggressive and very powerful. Even Maria does not have that kind of aggression in her game I thought. So if she learns to be more consistent and patient in constructing points when it matters, she'll be the most dangerous I think of the 3. But this isn't that easy to do obviously. With her game and potential, it's already taking her a bit of time to rise in the rankings. You have to wonder why considering she plays a very similar game to Maria and Nicole. I even think when everything works, she's better than Nicole.

Radwanska is refreshing in that she's not your usual 'another up and coming teen with a power game'...and a very good retriever...but we'll see how she develops amidst a tour filled with big servers and power hitters.

Xian
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Paszek didn't impress me when I've seen her... was just consistent from the baseline with not much power...

Radwanska on the other hand is really good, she has no big weakness, can construct points well and hit many winners... She should have a very nice career :)

I've never seen Azarenka...

well considering Tamira is a year younger and not very tall I think she has enough power and you know tennis is not just power ;) ;)

All three girls do have a nice game which is pretty refreshing for the tennis circuit as they are not the typical power players. I dont see any of them being better at the moment as the others, they are at the same level. Aga beat Tamira in close sets and Tamira also beat Aga once, Tamira beat Vika already, Aga beat Vika. I think with those three plus Ula, Caroline Wozniacki, Dominika Cibulkova and Yung-Jan Chan we have our future top 10 players

A'DAM
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:19 AM
It was LenaD in Warsaw that compared Aga to Martina first after their close match in the QF. :wavey:

And thats a FACT :lick: