PDA

View Full Version : Stuttgart: Jankovic def. Pironkova 4-6, 6-2, 7-5

hu2891601
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:23 PM
:)

a bit struggle for Jankovic..

njtennis11
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:24 PM
A bit, more like a major struggle she blew a 5-2 lead only to recover just in time and then saved a break point in the final game. Weird match.

disco_rage
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Great fight Jelena!

©@®eLess
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:25 PM
geezes...i thought the night will take over...probably noone in the hall :(

go fast to sleep JJ- big day 2morrow 2 matches

.david.
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Jelena oh Jelena.. So glad you made it.

StZox
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Once again you played with our nerves, but the most important is that you won.
WIN THE TITLE!!:)

selyoink
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Much tougher than I expected it to be.

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:29 PM
wow pironkova made her earn it

crazillo
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Tough match, would have liked to watch it. Tzveti must have played really well. :eek:

JackFrost
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Jelena :rolleyes: :(

That was big crap. 5:2 in the third and serving (two breaks in front) and then 5:5.
Comback of the choking-queen?

Well, at least she was fighting. :rolleyes:

LindsayRulz
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Good Job Jelena! :)

!Gio!
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Tzveti's serve was at 80 perecent in the first set and Jelena at like 75, It must have been a great match and I would like to congradulate Jelena but this is gonna kill Tzveti she must have cried:(
:(Devastating for her to lose a mtch like this, I dont know if she will recover:(
I am dead :( :help:

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Jelena :D :hearts: :bounce:

Almalyk
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Congrats Jelena! :kiss:

itzhak
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Jelena had cramps during the last games...

No Name Face
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:44 PM
great job Jelena! :woohoo:

Josh.
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:49 PM
oh thank goodness, thought she was going to choke away that final set 5-2 lead :scared:

hu2891601
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:53 PM
By the way. It´s Stuttgart , not Sttuggart or Stuggard or Sttutggard.

Thanks for correcting me. :)

MagicMilan
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Jelena had cramps during the last games...
Did you watch it? :confused:
Yeah, she had cramps in Guangzhou too. She needs to rest :fiery:

~Kiera~
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Well done for pulling through in the end, Jelena.

Wish you wouldn't make me quite so nervous watching that scoreboard though :lol:

ghosts
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I was there and it wasn't such a great match
none of them played well ...

Tsveti had all her chances in the second and third but blew everything
Jankovic was laying on court, simulating, cursing ... so disapponted ... used to like her but after that what I saw today :o :help:

Tsvetana had all her chances and when Jankovic had that "injury" she was missing totally easy points and wasn't able to finish easy balls :o

Pretty much disappointed but I can assure you guys that the only reason Jankovic won was that Tsvetana was mega tired. .. if she had started playing directly from main draw she would have won today easily ...

hu2891601
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:08 AM

Jankovic was laying on court, simulating, cursing ... so disapponted ... used to like her but after that what I saw today :o :help:

Tsvetana had all her chances and when Jankovic had that "injury" she was missing totally easy points and wasn't able to finish easy balls :o

Pretty much disappointed but I can assure you guys that the only reason Jankovic won was that Tsvetana was mega tired. .. if she had started playing directly from main draw she would have won today easily ...

Thanks for the info! :)

xadimexadozenx
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:27 AM
:( Tzveti

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:27 AM

Why '"injury", she had problems in China too :confused:

~Kiera~
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:52 AM
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=92307&tid=44

STUTTGART, Germany -- Jelena Jankovic slumped to the court, lay on her back for nearly a minute, then slowly rolled to her side. She eventually picked herself up and walked painfully to the net to shake hands with Tsvetana Pironkova.

Jankovic had won, but there was no joy in her gestures.

Cramping severely in an epic third set, the eighth-seeded Serb prevailed 4-6, 6-2, 7-4 over Pironkova, a 19-year-old qualifier from Bulgaria, to reach the quarterfinals of the Porsche Grand Prix on Thursday.

Bodog.com had Jankovic listed as a heavy -930 favorite entering the match.

Jankovic, a U.S. Open semifinalist, was overcome with cramps leading 4-2 in the third set with Pironkova serving at 30-30.

After receiving medical treatment, she returned to finish the game, which had started about 30 minutes before midnight. It was past midnight when it ended and Jankovic had gained another break of serve to lead 5-2.

It would take nearly another half-hour for her to close out the match, which lasted 2 hours and 35 minutes - the third set alone took 75 minutes.

Just Justine
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:56 AM
I can't believe how close that was, and that Jelena blew both of her breaks at 5-2 in the third set to make it 5-5. Pironkova must have been playing as well as she did against Venus at the Australian Open.

Jeff
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Jelena may have struggled, but damb, she sure is a contender isn't she? I honestly can't wait to see how her 2007 is. If she maintains the confidence and form she currently has, then her career is just beginning and I can't wait to see what's in store for her.

Kunal
Oct 6th, 2006, 07:34 AM
janko wins as usual

Louis Cyphre
Oct 6th, 2006, 07:40 AM

Bitch :fiery: But with that face what can you expect :devil:

Natalicious
Oct 6th, 2006, 07:48 AM
congrats jelena :worship:

Duramont
Oct 6th, 2006, 07:52 AM
So happy Jelena got through! :woohoo: :worship:

Keep on this impressive form! :)

Viktymise
Oct 6th, 2006, 08:18 AM
I posted on the other thread but ill post here aswell, :sad: :sad: :sad: tszveti could have won, so many chances in the 3rd set and BP last game :o devastated oh well at least she put up a monumental fight and brought it to jankovic posotive for the future

xXSarajevoXx
Oct 6th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Jelena :banana: :banana:

JackFrost
Oct 6th, 2006, 08:55 AM
So happy Jelena got through! :woohoo: :worship:

Keep on this impressive form! :)

She should really overthink her sedule of tournaments and if she really everywhere have to play singles and doubles.
I´m happy for her, that she actually managed to win this cramp against Pironkova, but she definitly must change something, if she don´t want to be exhausted mental and physically at the latest in the semifinals of her tournaments.

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Bitch :fiery: But with that face what can you expect :devil:
:rolleyes: :weirdo:

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Tzvetana did very well pushing Jelena to three sets and having opportunities to win the match. The qualies said their word but it's nothing to be ashamed of, she should keep this momentum now.

And Jelena.. well, she's the second girl on the tour that passes from the status of fave to a persona non grata. She shouldn't have cursed Tzvenata on ethnic basis :o Sorry Jelena, lost a big fan here and I am sad from this but ... There are few things that can turn me off like this and one of them is this.

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:04 AM
She shouldn't have cursed Tzvenata on ethnic basis :o Sorry Jelena, lost a big fan here and I am sad from this but ... There are few things that can turn me off like this and one of them is this.
:confused:
You weren't a real fan from the start, you can't start hating a player who beat your fave :rolleyes: You're just sore a loser. So I guess I must hate Lindsay, she beat Dokic 9 times :o , and Jelena too
And stop bashing Jelena, she's too emotional and so she does some stupid things on the court that can only harm her. She never does that to offend her opponent

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:11 AM
:confused:
You weren't a real fan from the start, you can't start hating a player who beat your fave :rolleyes: You're just sore a loser. So I guess I must hate Lindsay, she beat Dokic 9 times :o , and Jelena too
And stop bashing Jelena, she's too emotional and so she does some stupid things on the court that can only harm her. She never does that to offend her opponent

If you say so.. But check my posts before talking non-sense.

If you can support someone who's cursing your nation- I can't :wavey: Bye

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:19 AM
If you say so.. But check my posts before talking non-sense.

If you can support someone who's cursing your nation- I can't :wavey: Bye
I really can't see what are you talking about :confused:
I can't search for all your posts. Did you watch the match? Who heard her say that and what did she say? :confused:

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:23 AM
And Jelena would have never cursed Tzvetana, she swears but again not offending her opponent. People like to believe all this s**t :shrug:

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I really can't see what are you talking about :confused:
I can't search for all your posts. Did you watch the match? Who heard her say that and what did she say? :confused:

If you can't then don't talk non-sense about me being a bad looser. I have principles and they are above my fanship. I accept tons of things from players because they are in stressing situation on court but there are limits to everything.

And yes, Jelena yesteday cursed Tzvetana on ethnic basis. It was reported from someone who was there and understands Serbian enough to know what she's talking about.

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
And yes, Jelena yesteday cursed Tzvetana on ethnic basis. It was reported from someone who was there and understands Serbian enough to know what she's talking about.
Yeah ghosts, I know he was there. She would have never done that, that's just plain crap. She played way more important match against Justine and she never offended her on ethnic basis. Yeah, she has something towards Bulgarians. :rolleyes:
I don't approve offending a pesron on ethnic basis too but this is nonsense.

LDF
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Well done Jelena :)

Good effort from Tszveti; hopefully she can build on this and make a push for the top 50 :yeah:

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah ghosts, I know he was there. She would have never done that, that's just plain crap. She played way more important match against Justine and she never offended her on ethnic basis. Yeah, she has something towards Bulgarians. :rolleyes:
I don't approve offending a pesron on ethnic basis too but this is nonsense.

No matter how hard you argue, what came out of Jelena's mouth will not change! I believe Alex because he liked Jelena too, he understands Serbian and he was there. Even the word "Bulgarian" when cursing is not acceptable.

I wonder would you accept that someone curses Ana, Jelena or another Serbian player and using their ethnicity for this. I wouldn't even if it wasn't Bulgarian but was Serbian, German, American or any other ethnicity/nationality.

But why I bother explaining? Jelena's game will stay as attractive to me as before, her funny personality will stay funny but she will not longer by my fave and no arguing will change this.

Just Do It
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Jelena :yeah:

JackFrost
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:58 AM

So you didn´t heard it by yourself, but judge a human of that what a third person told you. All right. :rolleyes:

Well, it´s ok. So Jelena hates blacks, gay and now bulgarians. Jeez...busy girl. :)

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM
So you didn´t heard it by yourself, but judge a human of that what a third person told you. All right. :rolleyes:

Well, it ok. So Jelena hates blacks, gay and now bulgarians. Jeez...busy girl. :)

Jelena didn't say she hates black, neither lesbians. Don't put words in my mouth. :rolleyes:

Of course I do, Alex is a reliable source. More than those who we have generally. As I said, he liked Jelena before, he was there and he understands Serbian more than enough.

Ems__
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Jelena didn't say she hates black, neither lesbians. Don't put words in my mouth. :rolleyes:

Of course I do, Alex is a reliable source. More than those who we have generally. As I said, he liked Jelena before, he was there and he understands Serbian more than enough.

Hey Pla, what did she say exactly?

Obviously I can't say whether she did or not, but it would be a shame if she really did...
What were her words?

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Hey Pla, what did she say exactly?

Obviously I can't say whether she did or not, but it would be a shame if she really did...
What were her words?

Not exat words were reported, she cursed and used the word Bugarka while cursing. When Alex comes I will ask him. He seemed very dissapointed with what Jelena said but didn't say the words exactly.

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM
No matter how hard you argue, what came out of Jelena's mouth will not change! I believe Alex because he liked Jelena too, he understands Serbian and he was there. Even the word "Bulgarian" when cursing is not acceptable.

I wonder would you accept that someone curses Ana, Jelena or another Serbian player and using their ethnicity for this. I wouldn't even if it wasn't Bulgarian but was Serbian, German, American or any other ethnicity/nationality.

But why I bother explaining? Jelena's game will stay as attractive to me as before, her funny personality will stay funny but she will not longer by my fave and no arguing will change this.
Of course I wouldn't accept this, I don't approve that as I mentioned before.
Jelena speaks in very strange way, even I can't understand everything she says all the time. I'm just wondering how sure can ghosts be that she really mentioned Tzveti and cursing her using "Bulgarian".
You all make too premature conclusions

Just Do It
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Not exat words were reported, she cursed and used the word Bugarka while cursing. When Alex comes I will ask him. He seemed very dissapointed with what Jelena said but didn't say the words exactly.

whats wrong with word BUGARKA? On Serbian that is Bulgarian...so ? :confused:

irinska
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm not a big fan of Jelena but I liked her because I thought she's got some personality not only tennis skills. But if she really did this I we'll lost my respect for her for good. And many other Bulgarians too because they'll feel offended by such words no doubt about that.

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Of course I wouldn't accept this, I don't approve that as I mentioned before.
Jelena speaks in very strange way, even I can't understand everything she says all the time. I'm just wondering how sure can ghosts be that she really mentioned Tzveti and cursing her using "Bulgarian".
You all make too premature conclusions

Well, he said it was all the time, so apparently he had enough time to hear. I didn't understand everything Tzvetana was saying in Luxembourg either, and she comes from the same town as me but I understood very well when she cursed the ball and the net in her abyssimal match ;) As I said previously in another thread, I accept cursing, it's normal for me but not this kind of cursing.

Unfortunately, cause this is breaking te fan part of my heart, I believe him in 100%.

Just Do It
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:42 AM
pla, please say what Jelena said on court : word BUGARKA isn't enough !!!

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM
pla, please say what Jelena said on court : word BUGARKA isn't enough !!!

It may not be enough for you but for me it is, using the word Bugarka while cursing during all the match is waaaaaay beyond what I accept. People are not idiots, they know when someone's cursing :p

Just Do It
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Bugarka....big deal :rolleyes:

Justine Fan
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Tzvetana did very well pushing Jelena to three sets and having opportunities to win the match. The qualies said their word but it's nothing to be ashamed of, she should keep this momentum now.

And Jelena.. well, she's the second girl on the tour that passes from the status of fave to a persona non grata. She shouldn't have cursed Tzvenata on ethnic basis :o Sorry Jelena, lost a big fan here and I am sad from this but ... There are few things that can turn me off like this and one of them is this.
:confused: what's the story?

Ems__
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:31 PM
While its not acceptable, its not ethnic slandering.
If Pironkova said the same about Jelena I wouldn't be offended.
I would imagine things like that would be said in the lockeroom all the time i.e.
"That stupid American ......".
Unless it was a direct reference to Bulgarian people in general or had racist implications then it would be offensive. But the using the term 'Bugarka' (Bulgarian) when swearing isn't racist so to speak, rather distasteful.

Having said that, I can imagine her saying something like that... Shame :(

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I would imagine things like that would be said in the lockeroom all the time i.e.
Unless it was a direct reference to Bulgarian people in general or had racist implications then it would be offensive. But the using the term 'Bugarka' (Bulgarian) when swearing isn't racist so to speak, rather distasteful.

Well, as I said, everyone has its own understandings. For me if a Bulgarian player says "Prosta srubkinia/amerikanka/francuzoika", which is not exactly a curse, it would still be finished. I don't want to say everyone else should agree with my understandings though. It's about me and my fanship towards Jelena. I guess there are people who don't agree with things I accept from players.

I've seen so many players curse, even the angelic Manuela Maleeva and Ana, but what they never do is saying something conserning the player's nationality.

Ems__
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Well, as I said, everyone has its own understandings. For me if a Bulgarian player says "Prosta srubkinia/amerikanka/francuzoika", which is not exactly a curse, it would still be finished. I don't want to say everyone else should agree with my understandings though. It's about me and my fanship towards Jelena. I guess there are people who don't agree with things I accept from players.

I've seen so many players curse, even the angelic Manuela Maleeva and Ana, but what they never do is saying something conserning the player's nationality.

I know what you mean, I understand the implications of something like that being said.
It is dissapointing. With her temper I can imagine her saying stupid things like that.
And yeah Ana does swear. I see her mouthing 'jebem ti' all the time, haha.

pla
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I know what you mean, I understand the implications of something like that being said.
It is dissapointing. With her temper I can imagine her saying stupid things like that.

It was way easier to follow tennis when I didn't write in this forum :lol: I just enjoyed the game before.

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 01:04 PM

Having said that, I can imagine her saying something like that... Shame :(
Exactly ;) That's not ethnic cursing. It's distasteful, that's all. Jelena is rude sometimes, especially when things are not going her way. She yells @ ballkids, swears, makes some stupid remarks :help: but she would never say racist things. Of course everyone has his own opinion.
She just acted like a baby :o , not a racist

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 01:06 PM
It was way easier to follow tennis when I didn't write in this forum :lol: I just enjoyed the game before.
Tell me about it :lol:
I'll get a heart attack one day :help:

©@®eLess
Oct 6th, 2006, 01:16 PM
well so we should all believe of what supposedly one Tzeti fan "thinks he heard"

WOW JJ haterswagon is fulling up fast...that only means she's on right track...every good player has more haters then fans on this board...

ezekiel
Oct 6th, 2006, 01:25 PM

she is very immature especially when she struggles, she just lashes out . Calling people on ethnic grounds is morally despicable even if she forgot her name or something similar especially with the recent history of the area. She should apologise . I am not sure what to think of her, she is full of contradictions

MagicMilan
Oct 6th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Ma ne seri, nije tako. Ugh, you're so annoying :rolleyes:
:lol:

JackFrost
Oct 6th, 2006, 01:49 PM
she is very immature especially when she struggles, she just lashes out . Calling people on ethnic grounds is morally despicable even if she forgot her name or something similar especially with the recent history of the area. She should apologise . I am not sure what to think of her, she is full of contradictions

Why not wait with the judgement, till we´re sure, what exactly she said, how she said it and what she really mean?
Until now, we´ve just heard a disappointed fan, who heard from another disappointed fan, that he heard something with "bugarka" from Jankovic.

ezekiel
Oct 6th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Why not wait with the judgement, till we´re sure, what exactly she said, how she said it and what she really mean?
Until now, we´ve just heard a disappointed fan, who heard from another disappointed fan, that he heard something with "bugarka" from Jankovic.

yes, that's a good point but this may just be hushed and forgotten about until some other incident and then hell breaks loose

sunset
Oct 6th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Good Job Jelena! :)

I think so too. She is a great fighter.

Highlandman
Oct 6th, 2006, 02:59 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

!Gio!
Oct 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM

I believe Alex as well, he is not one to lie, and is not the only one who was there that has told me of her actions, as far as I am concerned she is an immature little girl and needs to grow up. I am offended as a Bulgarian, especially since Jelena is a Serb, we come from the same place, the Balkans, we are neighbers, we have so much that we share in each others' cultures(so much history), just makes it worse in my opinion. :(
She is immature and needs to grow up, its a pity because she is one talented girl and with the way she is going she will lose a lot of her fans. :(
By the way she has always been quite popular with all Bulgarian tennis fans and well right now :rolleyes: .

Milito22
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:07 PM
:sobbing: