PDA

View Full Version : I Believe Momo Knew She Would Not Play Stuttgart But WTA Muzzled Her To Sell Tix

pierce0415
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I mean it was obvious from the moment that Momo gave her 1st interview in Stuttgart where she said "we are all tired"

I bet the WTA forced her to come to Stuttgart in order to sell tickets and probably threatened her w/ taking away part of her Gold Exempt bonus if she didn't come. So Amelie came and did interviews and signed autographs and went to the player party

Amelie, I wish you wouldn't let the WTA dangle you around like a puppet :rolleyes: You are the #1 player in the world. Please stand up to Larry Scott next time :help:

If you had withdrawn earlier, Mary would not have played Jankovic 1R :fiery:

timafi
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Pierce go away...please and stay away :mad: :mad: :mad:

griffin
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I really don't think Amelie would have hauled herself off to Stuttgart, just to do interviews and drink cheap-ass wine at a player's party because Larry Scott wanted her to.

If she had withdrawn earlier, you'd just be whining about whoever else beat Mary.

"Sluggy"
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:57 PM
No, I don't think players have the time, energy or dishonesty to do that.

tenn_ace
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:57 PM

second that! :bounce:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:02 PM
doubt it

hablo
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I'm in shock ! :speakles:

Justine Fan
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:17 PM

thirded

Yonexforever
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:29 PM
doubt it

It's done often to promote the Tournament and the Tour in general.
Especially if you "withdraw", its good faith to show up and take a few photos and questions from the local media.
Visit a few childrens hospital.. shit like that!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
You're pathetic, she really is injured idiot :rolleyes:

MisterMan
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Are you all really sure pierce is wrong ?
I'm sure it wasn't as threatening as stated in the post, but maybe they gave Amelie a little nice friendly 'talking' to ? I'm not sure why tho, since i don't think Amelie is exactly making people line up to buy tickets.
we'll never know.

Linnie
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I've read some beauts, but this one takes the cake :tape:

Thanks for the laugh :lol: I needed that! :D

moby
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:58 PM
There is a possibility. But then we've to speculate every time a player withdraws. :tape:

We know what Larry Scott did to Lindsay. :rolleyes:

John.
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:15 PM
There is a possibility. But then we've to speculate every time a player withdraws. :tape:

We know what Larry Scott did to Lindsay. :rolleyes:

What did he do to Lindsay?

tenn_ace
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:19 PM
What did he do to Lindsay?

wow have you been hiding in a cave? ;)

he denied her a wild card into Montreal becasue she didn't wnt to commit to it at the beginning of the year.

bellascarlett
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:19 PM
:rolls: :lol:

hablo
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Well, apparently she got injured during practice with golovin on monday (right shoulder), but she was hoping it wasn't that serious :shrug:

I don't know what to think (I guess it's better to withdraw to avoid serious injury - but she could have done it sooner !) :scratch:

John.
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:22 PM
wow have you been hiding in a cave? ;)

he denied her a wild card into Montreal becasue she didn't wnt to commit to it at the beginning of the year.

Thanks. I only come on here when I get a chance which hasn't been a lot lately.

MinnyGophers
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Are you all really sure pierce is wrong ?
I'm sure it wasn't as threatening as stated in the post, but maybe they gave Amelie a little nice friendly 'talking' to ? I'm not sure why tho, since i don't think Amelie is exactly making people line up to buy tickets.
we'll never know.

She is the number 1 player in the world. That alone will sell tickets. Most regular people wouldn't watch a tourney if it did not comprise many top players...

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I AGREE with you on this one WTA >>>:rolleyes: <<< WTA :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I really don't think Amelie would have hauled herself off to Stuttgart, just to do interviews and drink cheap-ass wine at a player's party because Larry Scott wanted her to.

If she had withdrawn earlier, you'd just be whining about whoever else beat Mary.

Why not..many top players have done that before. They still must keep there promo commitments. ;)

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM
dont talk crap :( .momo can do what she wants she is number 1 in the world.she will gain lots of points at moscow and zurich ne way :) :)

Nicjac
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:18 PM

Gee, I seldom find myself in the position to defend German wine, but I am sure they put up some decent French red as well ;)

DarkchildSwiss
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Amelie said that he felt that something was wrong with her shoulder on Monday. She stopped playing and tried it again but realized that it would not be clever to play and decided to withdraw. I feel sorry for Amelie because she wanted to win this tournament and lost in the finals in 2004 and 2005. It might even be that she must might not be able to play for 7 to 10 days and this would mean that she might not be able to play Moscow. She apologized herself to the spectators and the most important thing for her now is to recover so that she will play the YEC in Madrid. Get well soonAmelie.

alfonsojose
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Especially if you "withdraw", its good faith to show up and take a few photos and questions from the local media.
:haha: :haha:

griffin
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Gee, I seldom find myself in the position to defend German wine, but I am sure they put up some decent French red as well ;)

Lest my German friends feel slighted, I did not mean to imply that Germany is incapable of producing good wine - only that I don't think the organizers are likely to be coughing up the cash to BUY the good stuff for the player parties ;)

Gotta love how MisterMan manages to diss Amelie for caving to pressure to help promote an event and sell tickets, while at the same time dissing her for...NOT being able to sell tickets ;)

M2k
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:20 PM
It's done often to promote the Tournament and the Tour in general.

...very true. I'm surprised about the reactions here though :confused: It's no secret the tour has done that for god knows how long.

pierce0415
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:28 PM
No, I don't think players have the time, energy or dishonesty to do that.

well apparently Juju had all of the above during YEC 2005 :tape:

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I think its partly both.

Amelie was forced by WTA to enter this tournament even though she has played so many tournaments back to back already.

Though, When Amelie reach Stuggart already, I think she is determined to play, only her shoulder acts up.

But I also think that this shoulder injury is not that serious to withdraw. I mean if this has been a slam, she would have played. I think her withdrawal is just a precaution.

timafi
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I think its partly both.

Amelie was forced by WTA to enter this tournament even though she has played so many tournaments back to back already.

Though, When Amelie reach Stuggart already, I think she is determined to play, only her shoulder acts up.

But I also think that this shoulder injury is not that serious to withdraw. I mean if this has been a slam, she would have played. I think her withdrawal is just a precaution.
i'm not sure it's a precaution cause she just said that she is higly doubtfull for Moscow next week :sad:

vejh
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Wonder if it is a flare up of the shoulder problem that kept her off the summer circuit? It's kinda weird how it acts up after a period of rest sometimes. Does she have a chronic shoulder problem?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:17 PM
It's a common occurence to the farce that has become the women's tennis association headed by scott

hablo
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Wonder if it is a flare up of the shoulder problem that kept her off the summer circuit? It's kinda weird how it acts up after a period of rest sometimes. Does she have a chronic shoulder problem?
It is.

die_wahrheit
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I bet the WTA forced her to come to Stuttgart in order to sell tickets and probably threatened

Nobody is buying a ticket for Mauresmo.

anlavalle
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:38 PM

yeah right, they are buying for ALG :lol:

seriosly of all the field i think Amelie is the most popular player and she made the finals two times in a row

mike/topgun
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:15 PM
pierce0415 is not spreading shit this time:p
We all know that it's a common proceder people:rolleyes:

But, I think dat Amelie's tired enough to withdraw, and if the shoulder is still sore, it's good to take some rest=take 2 weeks of from tennis finally;)
Still she came - did the promo, interviews OBLIGATIONS, and just before the match w/d...that's happening way too often:(
I just hope it's not as serious as the porblem she got after Wimbledon...

We have enough injuries already:weirdo:

swiss
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:20 PM

that's not chronic but she is injured since a week before New haven.
She wanted to play to aim points for the race but while training with Tati monday, she feeled again a pain in her shoulder :sad:
nothing else to say that's too sad

timafi
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:22 PM
you fool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justine Fan
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Gotta love how MisterMan manages to diss Amelie for caving to pressure to help promote an event and sell tickets, while at the same time dissing her for...NOT being able to sell tickets ;)

:lol: Did you expect any different? ;)

MinnyGophers
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:16 PM
you fool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah who would want to watch the world number one player in action, right?

Nicjac
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Lest my German friends feel slighted, I did not mean to imply that Germany is incapable of producing good wine - only that I don't think the organizers are likely to be coughing up the cash to BUY the good stuff for the player parties ;)

Sorry if I stick to the wine issue first while ignoring :yawn: whatever MisterMan implied - I went to Filderstadt and Berlin last year and enjoyed great wine. Well, it wasn't German. And well, I had to pay a great deal of money for it. I think the players get it for free as part of *coughs* promotion issues. I miss the tourny in Hamburg, though. They cannot produce wine if their life depends on it, but you want a good beer? See you in HH.

And to get back on track: I really belive Amé tried and couldn't perform after getting injured. She is that kind of person. But I do heard that the WTA forces players to shut up about injury and attend to sell tix. I got tix for ZH and I hope she'll be back on track. If not - Swiss wine has an international reputation and I'd have a reason to indulge into it big time if she is out. Hell, Amè lives there for a reason and it does not seem to be initiated by chocolate ;)

griffin
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I miss the tourny in Hamburg, though. They cannot produce wine if their life depends on it,

ok, to be honest, the only German wines I've had have been way to sweet for me, but I didn't want to offend, and it's not like i"ve had THAT much German wine. I had no idea Switzerland could produce decent wine until I went there last year, so who am I to make assumptions?

Beer. mmm. Beer is a good thing, too ;)

Slumpsova
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah who would want to watch the world number one player in action, right?
no offense but i doubt how many germans realize Momo is actually world #1 right now :p

prowler
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:32 PM
thirded

fourthed or whatever....somebody do something about this person!

MinnyGophers
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:26 PM
no offense but i doubt how many germans realize Momo is actually world #1 right now :p

Amelie is a much bigger thing in Europe than anywhere in the world... While most Americans/Asians probably do not realize she is number one in the world/know her, I'd say most Europeans tennis fans ( which are the ones who would go see a non-slam tournament anyways) know she is.

go hingis
Oct 6th, 2006, 01:50 AM
I think something along those lines must of happened. It's almost the end of the tournament and someone pulls out without having played one match.

wimbledon_class
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:53 PM

EXACTLY!!! :cool: