PDA

View Full Version : At her best, Serena Williams was as...

Serenasharapova
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:22 AM
UNBEATABLE as Fed Ex. It's a common knowledge that Serena got bored with tennis after winning the Serena Slam easily against the strongest field of competitors in the Open Era. Imagine how many slams she could have won if she was competing in the era of the Pam Shrivers, MJ Fernandezes and Sanchez Vicarios. She could have easily broken the record of Maggie Court. Serena Williams is the greatest and strongest tennis player the world has ever seen play on the women's circuit. :)

Brooklyn90
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:32 AM
i don't know if as much as federer is.

Dani12
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Shush now.

Derek.
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Oh, ok.

ezekiel
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:45 AM
thanks for info :)

No Name Face
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:47 AM
all of what you said is true.

égalité
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeah Martina's better.

floco
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:50 AM
I don't even know what to write. Can't find words.
How can you compare a player of the late 90's - 2000's and player from before 1990. Of course she's probably win...

And yeah, it's always been so easy for her to beat ANYBODY, we all know that... Serena Williams is a Goddess!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Problem is... she's not often "at her best"!!

And by the way, while she dominated the tour for a year and a half a few years ago, now the problem is not only she's not "at her best". The field has changed, and got stronger. And her power game is not enough now. Dont get me wrong she's still among the top players IMO, but it would take her a looooot of work to be the BEST again (I mean to win a few slams in a row).

RJWCapriati
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:05 AM
ok great

moby
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:15 AM
At her best, Mary Pierce would probably rout everyone in the history of the game without dropping more than 2 games per set.

Success in tennis is more about winning when you're not at your best than it is about playing your best.

égalité
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:17 AM
At her best, Mary Pierce would probably rout everyone in the history of the game without dropping more than 2 games per set.

That's true. Mary does things with a tennis racket sometimes that make my jaw drop. If only she could do it all the time.

AKfanatic
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:43 AM

Success in tennis is more about winning when you're not at your best than it is about playing your best.

Amen. and can anyone bust this loser serenasharapova out of this forum.

Serenasharapova
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:57 AM

Mary Pierce? You cannot be serious!!! :tape: :rolls:

dinhd82
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Mary hit's the heaviest ball, it's so lethal.

tennnisfannn
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:14 AM
serena's didn't get bored, she got injured. Remember she won the last slam before the major knee operation.

Veritas
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:27 AM

Why not? She's handed big names some pretty devastating defeats. Some that come to mind are Steffi Graf at the 1994 French Open, that infamous double bagle against Martina Hingis and losing only 3 games against Serena at Indian Wells back in 2000.

iWill
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:36 AM
IMHO I agree I totally feel like Serena is the best player to ever play despite what her current status is and what her record is comared to other greats like Graf and Navratilova and Evert in their day winning multiple slams wasnt a tough task for the top players in the world which is evident because you didnt really see anyone winning but them. The thing that makes Serena so great is that she won 4 in a row against a field that was much tougher then the field those three faced although they had to beat each other it was only 3 or 4 slam contenders and Serena won it when there were 9 or 10 now as far as her current status it doenst really bother me just because her ranking is down because you can count the number of tournies shes played in the last year on 1 hand also she just showed at the USO that she is still a contender and this time next year if she keeps this up i'm gonna guarantee her back in the top 10 now thats totally up to Serena because no one can stop her IMO but her she has a winning record over ALL the top 10 players BUT Sharapova and their head to head is tied and she has beaten all of those players before not just a couple times idc what anyone says she could retire tomorrow and I'd still consider her the best womens tennis player

dinhd82
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Why not? She's handed big names some pretty devastating defeats. Some that come to mind are Steffi Graf at the 1994 French Open, that infamous double bagle against Martina Hingis and losing only 3 games against Serena at Indian Wells back in 2000.

That DB against hingis was in 1995, years before Martina claimed her glory but yeah she really handed Graf something in 1994!

Stamp Paid
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:10 AM
why are yall humoring this troll???? :sad:

Dunlop1
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:21 AM

Oh my goodness :worship: :worship:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:35 AM
A troll trying to "regain" his reputation after in the red over Justine's bashing in the other thread :weirdo:

This doesn't change the fact that you are a hater, no matter how much sweet talk there is...

Dani12
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:59 AM

That just proves you don't no anything about tennis, if you've seen some of the amazing shots that Pierce has made, you wouldn't be laughing.

Like that jumping between the legs shot, that was a winner. simply beautiful.

disco_rage
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:11 AM
UNBEATABLE as Fed Ex. It's a common knowledge that Serena got bored with tennis after winning the Serena Slam easily against the strongest field of competitors in the Open Era. Imagine how many slams she could have won if she was competing in the era of the Pam Shrivers, MJ Fernandezes and Sanchez Vicarios. She could have easily broken the record of Maggie Court. Serena Williams is the greatest and strongest tennis player the world has ever seen play on the women's circuit. :)

Funny because Sanchez Vicario leads Serena 4-3 in the H2H!

Okay most matches were when Serena was an up and coming player... but at the same time Sanchez Vicario was a player on the way out!

1998 Sydney 62 61 to SV!!!!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Ding Dong... the troll is gone! The troll is gone! ;)

Rejoice fellow posters... SerenaSharapova is no more!!!