PDA

View Full Version : So is there a chance of Jennifer playing the 2007 Australian Open?

Just Justine
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Seeing that she's playing an exhibition, and the way that she looked at Iva's wedding, it doesn't seem out of the question?

Lindsayfan32
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Ah she hasn't played in nearly three years as much I would love to see on the court again I don't think it will happen when she was interviewed ny Mary Joe and Cliff Drysdale she said she would like to come back but didn't sound too convincing that she would. I hope I'm wrong though. The tennisweek article never said she'd play just that she would appear at the swingtime and she is still rehabing.

crazillo
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:37 AM
No. ;)

ab1984
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:38 AM
keep dreaming

mr_burns
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:59 AM
she is just 2 years off;-)

Martian Stacey
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:11 AM
There's a bit of a difference between playing an exhibition match and playing at a grand slam :lol:

*abby*
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:14 AM
right now every little bit of playing she does helps her and is one step more towards her coming back onto the tour
i really really hope she comes back i find the tour so boring now!

cfc_4_ever
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I think AO 07 is 2 soon. I mean not for the injury... but i would like to see here play team tennis atleast first, like Martina did

I apologise if she is... i dont think she is

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:23 PM
no chance

rockstar
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:28 PM
:sad: jennifer

RJWCapriati
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM
There is definitely a chance!! We will see her very soon!!!

jazzfuzion
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:56 PM
i hope so! i mean theres nothing wrong with hoping..

TeamUSA#1
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Anything is possible.... Jennifer has been real quite since the NY Times article in mid-may--- that was 5 months ago. A lot could have happened since then that we dont know about. One thing we do know is that she was up and down both the East coast and the West coast working with different doctors to get her shoulder right. And by the looks of her at Iva's wedding, she is in playing shape-- both clear signs that she doesn't want to retire. If she does in fact play at the exhibition in December, it could be a serious indication of her intention to return in late January at the AO. If not then, I could see her returning for Miami. In December it will be 2 years since she has played. If you think about what Martina did, she didn't play for 2 1/2 years, and only started training for her return in late November last year before coming back an making it to the QFs of the AO. Back in 1996, Jenny returned to the tour and made it to the QFs of her first tournament in 2 1/2 years, and she was in far worse physical condition then she is today. Would she come back and win the AO--- NO, but she could with a proper draw make the R16 or QF.....