PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Ticket Trouble!! wat shall i do?

aussy89
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:21 AM
hey just thought id c how many ppl have had troubles with getting tickets to matchs or had trouble wen purchassing just like i did then =(

today i went of to ticketex to purchase my vodafone series package get to the place early nd earlier for us west australians as we are 2 hours behind melbourne stand in line for roughly 30mins wait and wait for ppl to open as its 9am in melourne and we were told by tickettex yesturday that perth outlets have to open at 7am but still nothing, so all these ppl in queue waiting fr nothing really for us to then be told we have to ring instead then so after me having no money on my credit card as i was paying in cash to get my mum to go transfer money over onto my card then ring on my mobile costing me more then the actually tickets would cost me *jokes* and booking the tickets then as we had no map of the arena infront of me nt knowing were im sitting so jus going yep okay those seats will do, to then get home now look on the net and find im wayyy of to the side looking at the court on a angle im not very happy person atm :fiery:

so im thinking im going to ring up tickettex and complain and say that i would of most prob got better seats if they attended as i was actually first in queue at the outlet and c if theres anything they can do about it eg.. free ground pass or something

wat ya think? and have you guys gone through troubles with ur tickets or gone to drastic measures to get tickets?

Langers
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Right now, I'm so stressed it's not funny. :D :mad:

Dan23
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:35 AM
we got our row A RLA tickets :banana:

Langers
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Jealous. :p

I got Premier Day and Night Packages. Day seats are pretty good, but night seats are great.

go hingis
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Yes, I understand your pain. I tried to get tickets to the women's finals in 2002. I woke up an hour early jumped on my P.C and the phone (I was told internet would be the quickest) and started dialing ticketek. Time was ticking and I was getting nervous. Ticketek number was still engaged, I couldn't even get thru to hear the message. I finally got onto the website but tickets where sold out in 15min. I thought no fucken way there must be something wrong with my internet connection so I got my mum to drive me to an internet cafe, but same message SOLD Out. I then drove to ticketek which wasn't too far away (this was my first choice but was told by many first in line won't gaurantee you tickets, with so many locations and to order online.) I ended up buying my tickets 35min after they went on sale and could only get Semi's final tickets SECOND ROW from the BACK.

I enjoyed the semi's with my binoculars. I kept asking if there was anyway to get tickets to the final but was told no. I sat in my hotel room watching the finals only to find out a week later a member from this board brought tickets on the day at the venue. I wanted to cry, scream etc, etc.

I think too many tickets are given to sponsors or a sold to companies who then sell them in packages etc. Somethings deffinately not right.

Dani12
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:40 AM
I'm waiting til Saturday to get single tickets. So I don't have to go 5 nights in a row

DutchieGirl
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:10 AM
I got the second lot of 4 days of Vodafone... I got upper section row AA (front row of upper section), lower was all sold out when I got home from work - but I don't really care...I'm still hoping I might get some free tix anyway. ;)

DutchieGirl
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Yes, I understand your pain. I tried to get tickets to the women's finals in 2002. I woke up an hour early jumped on my P.C and the phone (I was told internet would be the quickest) and started dialing ticketek. Time was ticking and I was getting nervous. Ticketek number was still engaged, I couldn't even get thru to hear the message. I finally got onto the website but tickets where sold out in 15min. I thought no fucken way there must be something wrong with my internet connection so I got my mum to drive me to an internet cafe, but same message SOLD Out. I then drove to ticketek which wasn't too far away (this was my first choice but was told by many first in line won't gaurantee you tickets, with so many locations and to order online.) I ended up buying my tickets 35min after they went on sale and could only get Semi's final tickets SECOND ROW from the BACK.

I enjoyed the semi's with my binoculars. I kept asking if there was anyway to get tickets to the final but was told no. I sat in my hotel room watching the finals only to find out a week later a member from this board brought tickets on the day at the venue. I wanted to cry, scream etc, etc.

I think too many tickets are given to sponsors or a sold to companies who then sell them in packages etc. Somethings deffinately not right.

You can possibly get a ticket on the day at the venue, but you have to but a ground pass, and then line up inside by RLA to see if people "return" their tickets or so - we did it this year with some Dutch friends who wasnted to see Misa-Amelie on CC...

go hingis
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Thanks inkymisafan, I'll keep it in mind if I make down to Melb.

Andrew..
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:35 AM
You can possibly get a ticket on the day at the venue, but you have to but a ground pass, and then line up inside by RLA to see if people "return" their tickets or so - we did it this year with some Dutch friends who wasnted to see Misa-Amelie on CC...
Or just go to a scapler.

aussy89
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:42 AM
yea i thought id buy the first week of vodafone cause im student its cheaper for me to buy ground passes for the last week instead of the voda and i also prefer sitting on the sides im not a huge fan on sitting at either end not sure y lol, but yeah i got stand 35 row m im hoping it looks better then wat its looking on the map im also with rod laver nt sure wat to buy like wen cause if sammy gets in rod laver which is about 80% chance i ovbvusily wana get in, also i thought even though we really dnt no each other wat if we like new there was gona be a match in either rod or voda and swaped for tickets for that match, but then again thats pretty risky lol.

has anyone really like cn wat matches are on before that day and booked a ticket and gotten a reasonable seat? i think the first week will be gettin chances but the finals week we should book now ay?

DutchieGirl
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Or just go to a scapler.

We don't have that many here.

DutchieGirl
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:16 AM
yea i thought id buy the first week of vodafone cause im student its cheaper for me to buy ground passes for the last week instead of the voda and i also prefer sitting on the sides im not a huge fan on sitting at either end not sure y lol, but yeah i got stand 35 row m im hoping it looks better then wat its looking on the map im also with rod laver nt sure wat to buy like wen cause if sammy gets in rod laver which is about 80% chance i ovbvusily wana get in, also i thought even though we really dnt no each other wat if we like new there was gona be a match in either rod or voda and swaped for tickets for that match, but then again thats pretty risky lol.

has anyone really like cn wat matches are on before that day and booked a ticket and gotten a reasonable seat? i think the first week will be gettin chances but the finals week we should book now ay?

Firstly - OMG, was that in English? :p

Secondly, no - I have hardly ever been able to get a good ticket for RLA the evening before a session. In some cases I have seen the order of play and wanted to go, only to find out it's already been sold out well in advance. It's really hard to know what tickets to buy beforehand, but remember 1st week on RLA is usually 2 mens matches and 1 women's in day sessions...

And yes, if you want to go to finals - book NOW!

aussy89
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:19 AM
lol i dnt re read things i jus pretty much type, which may make no sense lol sry ppls

i think night sessions would be the best for the atmosphere an all

well ill try and get the twighlight one fingers crossed samy/lisa make it through to finals =)

and has anyone ever gone to a session and seen that theres closer seats that wernt taken an uv sneaked down? iv done it at a few concerts just havnt been able to at sporting events =(

Experimentee
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I bought the Vodafone first 4 days package, they didnt even ask me to choose my seat! They just told me, "you'll be sitting in this section". I said 'are they the only ones available?" and they said "no but they're the best ones available". I was like, hmmm, doesnt the best seat depend on personal preference?

waratahsrock
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:07 AM

:D perfect!

aussy89
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:34 AM
yeah i didnt get to choose my seats either just got told, but then again i had no idea were they were as i had no map in front of me cause the bloddy tickettex wouldnt open up. =p

DutchieGirl
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:38 AM
lol i dnt re read things i jus pretty much type, which may make no sense lol sry ppls

i think night sessions would be the best for the atmosphere an all

well ill try and get the twighlight one fingers crossed samy/lisa make it through to finals =)

and has anyone ever gone to a session and seen that theres closer seats that wernt taken an uv sneaked down? iv done it at a few concerts just havnt been able to at sporting events =(

As per my other example - my friend actually got a better seat than I did for the Misa-Amelie match, but there was no one sitting near her, and she was just to the left of me (but down quite a few rows), so quite a few of us cheering for Misa went to sit there - no one said anything.

DutchieGirl
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I bought the Vodafone first 4 days package, they didnt even ask me to choose my seat! They just told me, "you'll be sitting in this section". I said 'are they the only ones available?" and they said "no but they're the best ones available". I was like, hmmm, doesnt the best seat depend on personal preference?

That's strange - they used to ask if you have a preference, but on the net you don't get to choose (I booked mine that way)...

aussy89
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:46 AM
ok kool considering theres only me shall do my sneaky shift lol id prob accidently take ur seat lol now that b funny well nt really =p, yeah thats wat i thought considering ur paying quite a bit of money you should be given some choices. if ya look at the tickettek website now it shows wats available in seating. but no real choices, its stupid really.

DutchieGirl
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:03 AM
ok kool considering theres only me shall do my sneaky shift lol id prob accidently take ur seat lol now that b funny well nt really =p, yeah thats wat i thought considering ur paying quite a bit of money you should be given some choices. if ya look at the tickettek website now it shows wats available in seating. but no real choices, its stupid really.

I doubt you'll take my seat this year if you're talking about RLA - I don't have tix for RLA< just for Voda at the moment. ;)

aussy89
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:10 AM
lol i think id have to buy a rla seat as well but i do have the tickets to the voda first week in section 35 lol =p

DutchieGirl
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:18 AM
I think you have better seats than me then! :lol: I had to work till midday so...

MaRKy MaRk
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Do you get better seats if you buy the series package as opposed to single tickets? Coz it works out to be the same price if you buy single session tickets. For instance if you buy the series package for the first 5 days at RLA, it costs $204 (concession). If you buy single session tickets, it costs $34 + $34 + $42 + $42 + $52 = $204. So what's the advantage to getting the package if it's not cheaper?? :confused: I was gonna get the package but I might as well wait till Saturday to buy single session tickets. That way I could go to some day sessions and some night sessions.

For Vodafone, it works out cheaper if you get the package.

DutchieGirl
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Do you get better seats if you buy the series package as opposed to single tickets? Coz it works out to be the same price if you buy single session tickets. For instance if you buy the series package for the first 5 days at RLA, it costs $204 (concession). If you buy single session tickets, it costs $34 + $34 + $42 + $42 + $52 = $204. So what's the advantage to getting the package if it's not cheaper?? :confused: I was gonna get the package but I might as well wait till Saturday to buy single session tickets. That way I could go to some day sessions and some night sessions.

For Vodafone, it works out cheaper if you get the package.

Yes, you get MUCH better seats of you buy the packages, coz those seats are sold first, and single session seats are sold afterwards!

MaRKy MaRk
Oct 7th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Tried to get my single session tickets this morning and all the lower seats are not available! All that's left are shitty seats in the upper section.

I find this really weird coz when I went last year, I bought my tickets in late December and I had no trouble getting seats in the lower section. Anyone know why this is? Do some people back out or something? Same thing happened when I went to the Usher concert, I got tickets 5 days before the concert and got SECOND ROW TICKETS!

I wish I knew how all of this worked.

Now I'm not sure if I should get tickets now or wait a couple weeks.

DutchieGirl
Oct 7th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Tried to get my single session tickets this morning and all the lower seats are not available! All that's left are shitty seats in the upper section.

I find this really weird coz when I went last year, I bought my tickets in late December and I had no trouble getting seats in the lower section. Anyone know why this is? Do some people back out or something? Same thing happened when I went to the Usher concert, I got tickets 5 days before the concert and got SECOND ROW TICKETS!

I wish I knew how all of this worked.

Now I'm not sure if I should get tickets now or wait a couple weeks.

Of course - it's totally not surprising! Everyone just bought the packages, and of course they sell the lower seats first with the packages. You may be able to get better seats later, because sometimes the people who bought packages will return the package, or a day if they can't go...

aussy89
Oct 7th, 2006, 10:29 AM
yeah i was told by tickettex this morning that they may put more tickets out so keep a eye out on the ao an tickettex website, the lady also said like u did inkymisafan bout goin to the box an c if anyones returned tickets on the day. i got today only 1 ticket that i liked an that was friday night section 40 row m so thats not to bad does anyone no how many rows it goes to in a section?

brayster87
Oct 7th, 2006, 11:01 AM
i got my tickets for the Women's final.....hooray.....can't wait until next year!!

Dani12
Oct 7th, 2006, 11:08 AM
I think you'll find that the upper section isn't too bad, a few years back we had like ZZ and I was sooo pissed. But I could see everything just fine, I could even see the players facial features. But yeah, don't think its heaps far away, because its not.

But yeah anyway, got my tickets, I'm excited. I still have to get the day pass thingo in December, I'm going to the day pass in latter fourth rounds so maybe I'll get some quality singles matches, then I booked a few night and day session at Rod Laver Arena for the quarter finals ;)

brayster87
Oct 7th, 2006, 11:17 AM
can ground passes be purchased on each day of the Grand Slam?

DutchieGirl
Oct 7th, 2006, 11:29 AM
can ground passes be purchased on each day of the Grand Slam?

yep - there are 2 ticket offices at the grounds. :D

DutchieGirl
Oct 7th, 2006, 11:31 AM
yeah i was told by tickettex this morning that they may put more tickets out so keep a eye out on the ao an tickettex website, the lady also said like u did inkymisafan bout goin to the box an c if anyones returned tickets on the day. i got today only 1 ticket that i liked an that was friday night section 40 row m so thats not to bad does anyone no how many rows it goes to in a section?

If it's M, then it's in the lower section... both sections start at A and work up... but I think the lower section only goes to V or so... I'm sure it doesn't go to Z. The upper section is always double the letter... ie it starts at AA and goes back to ZZ. M is really not bad... 13 rows back. I had S row for the second 5 days this year, and it was fine. I have also had row Z the first time I went to the AO (that was a loooooooooooong time ago now), and yeah, it's actually not that bad - it's not like Arthur Ashe stadium or something, where you really wouldn't wanna sit in the last row! :lol:

aussy89
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:11 PM
yeah that arthur ashe staium is out of this world but i dnt think id ever wana go to the us open it only b wimbeldon and aussy open for me they would be the best atmosphere. um but section 40 is in the upper tier that wat it says on my ticket meh im happy i think being first year its jus getting a understanding an then the yr after ill no wat to an not to do in seating an purchassin tickets and stuff. =)

waratahsrock
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM
btw RLA only goes up to row PP ;)

I managed to get our tickets to the Womens final yesterday with no issues - got row E, so hopefully Maria makes it so we're able to use them! They go pretty nicely with our Row A seats for the first 5 day sessions :D

aussy89
Oct 8th, 2006, 03:14 AM
man how u get easy tickets for finals i culdnt gt anything due to aloc exhaustain grr

lucky u

Experimentee
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know if they ask you for proof of concession on the day of the event?

I have a friend who has a student card which expires end of 2006, which means they could buy a concession ticket now, but wont be eligible for concession when they actually go the the event! Would they be able to buy it now and still be able to go? If thats allowed, then I could even actually buy concession tix and give them away to any friends who cant buy them!

Ben.
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:57 PM
i'm thinking i might go. i'll probably get a ground pass 4 a day or 2 days so i can have all access of the courts (incl. vodafone arena). wanna watch kim clijsters play & also try & meet her. that's why i wanna go & i also wanna go because of the great tennis that the aussie open displays every year.

DutchieGirl
Oct 8th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know if they ask you for proof of concession on the day of the event?

I have a friend who has a student card which expires end of 2006, which means they could buy a concession ticket now, but wont be eligible for concession when they actually go the the event! Would they be able to buy it now and still be able to go? If thats allowed, then I could even actually buy concession tix and give them away to any friends who cant buy them!

I NEVER used to get asked for proof of concession when I went into centre court, and you scan your own ticket when you go through, so they don't ask then, for sure... I did that in my last year of Uni too. ;)

SvetaPleaseWin.
Oct 8th, 2006, 07:06 PM
i got my tickets for the Women's final.....hooray.....can't wait until next year!!

me too!!! im verrrry high up but who cares!?!?!

go hingis
Oct 9th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Does anyone know how people can return tickets or is it more companies that buy or reserve and don't sell as much as they thought. I want to know, can a normal person like me buy tickets and return, I thought you couldn't?

go hingis
Oct 9th, 2006, 03:23 AM
I just called no tickets left for the final does anybody know where I can still buy some, eg: sports packages (inc accom.and air fares)

DutchieGirl
Oct 9th, 2006, 06:46 AM
No idea to either question, sorry GoHingis...

go hingis
Oct 9th, 2006, 07:29 AM
lol, reading how everyone's going Jealous me wants to go too, but have no idea what I should do. I would love to see Martina but I will have to take holidays. My boyf can't go on holidays until Feb. I don't know if I should buy tickets to the finals or the first few days, oh decisions, decisions, decisions. Qantas holidays sells packages, I wonder if I can buy tickets for the finals if Marti makes it on the Thursday night from qantas or another package place. lol is that being too risky.

If anyone else wants to check it out. Go to event packages.

www.qantasholidays.com.au (http://www.qantasholidays.com.au)

MaRKy MaRk
Oct 20th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Does anybody know if the tickets sold in packages (e.g. by Qantas, Flight Centre etc) are any good? Like do they get reserved seats in the lower section?

I'm still trying to figure out how to get lower tier seats! I don't mind spending a few extra bucks. Has anyone bought a travel package before? How were the tickets?

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 20th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I think you have better seats than me then! :lol: I had to work till midday so...

So you purchased your RLA Series package at 12, and got AA? I purchased mine at like 9:30am and got row DD. :o

DutchieGirl
Oct 20th, 2006, 10:01 PM
So you purchased your RLA Series package at 12, and got AA? I purchased mine at like 9:30am and got row DD. :o

:lol: I see you didn't read... I got a VODAFONE package - I don't go to RLA enough to warrant paying that much for a RLA package - but I got free tix now too...so I'll probably give my mum the Voda package. ;)

DutchieGirl
Oct 20th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Does anybody know if the tickets sold in packages (e.g. by Qantas, Flight Centre etc) are any good? Like do they get reserved seats in the lower section?

I'm still trying to figure out how to get lower tier seats! I don't mind spending a few extra bucks. Has anyone bought a travel package before? How were the tickets?

Not sure - I've always wondered that too...I live in Melb so never bought a package. I would assume they'd have to have OK seats, otherwiwse no one would buy the packages...