PDA

View Full Version : Mary lost against Jelena

pierce the best
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Mary lost against Jelena in two sets 7/6 6/3. it was really a good match between the two. Mary played really well. if she continue to work hard like she is doing it now she will be fully fit for next year. She was serving very well, where she needs to work more its her fitness. Her moving its not yet perfect but much better then at the Us open. Even she lost she played a good match . she needs to continue like this. now she will have one week more training before Zurick.

sebbe
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah she played a great match....to bad she had to play Jelena in the first round. The swedish commentator said that she probably would have beaten most of the other players in the draw except Jankovic cuz she is so full of confidence right now and I have to agree. I just wonder after this match what the heck she did in Luxembourg last week?

Go Mary, nice to have u back!

Paul.
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah she played a great match....to bad she had to play Jelena in the first round. The swedish commentator said that she probably would have beaten most of the other players in the draw except Jankovic cuz she is so full of confidence right now and I have to agree. I just wonder after this match what the heck she did in Luxembourg last week?

Go Mary, nice to have u back!
i agree - i wish she had played jelena later on

if you saw alyona play last week then you would be less surprised. she was absolutely falwless in the final with extremely powerful groundies but great movement too. she was playing like a top 15 player if not top 10. she probably played as well or even better than jankovic played today

:wavey:

MPadict
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:50 PM
I totally agree with you guys. Mary did a very good match. She was serving well, especially in second serve. She was hitting the ball very clearly being pretty aggressive, and she did a couple of very spectacular shots. She was obviously enjoing her time on the court. She should have won the tie break coz Jelena wasn't at her best at that moment. But, this is the way it goes. It is always hard to win the key points when u did not play much and she resisted really well in tough moments. Though, I found Mary slow and heavy, she has the right attitude on court but she has to improve her fitness, losing weight is compulsory! Her footwork was not good, making her shots less precise. And as she pointed out during the US Open, she still takes the ball a bit behind her on the forehand side. If she does what she has to do, she'll rock next year!
Mary is definitely on the right track!!!!!!!!! :)

Paul.
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I totally agree with you guys. Mary did a very good match. She was serving well, especially in second serve. She was hitting the ball very clearly being pretty aggressive, and she did a couple of very spectacular shots. She was obviously enjoing her time on the court. She should have won the tie break coz Jelena wasn't at her best at that moment. But, this is the way it goes. It is always hard to win the key points when u did not play much and she resisted really well in tough moments. Though, I found Mary slow and heavy, she has the right attitude on court but she has to improve her fitness, losing weight is compulsory! Her footwork was not good, making her shots less precise. And as she pointed out during the US Open, she still takes the ball a bit behind her on the forehand side. If she does what she has to do, she'll rock next year!
Mary is definitely on the right track!!!!!!!!! :)oh yeah i forgot to mention the second serve!

that is the one part of the game that looks 1000 times better than the last time i saw her play. in san diego against sharapova it was short and slow with nothing on it. in this match it was much improved and she was even winning some cheap points off it :D

Oermi
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM
yeah, Mary played really well -- but not her best YET!! that's for sure..
But if she keeps on working.. who knows :)
oh, and i ADORED the outfit :hearts:

DomenicDemaria
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Mary :sad: Well atleast there is an improvement. No shame losing to a great player like Jankovic. Hope you can get a better draw at Zurich :)

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Nice effort Mary! It's only a matter of time before you get back to your best!

pierce_fanatic
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:37 AM
yeah, Mary played really well -- but not her best YET!! that's for sure..
But if she keeps on working.. who knows :)
oh, and i ADORED the outfit :hearts:
oh wow, i've just seen her outfit in full and omg i love it :hearts: it really suits her.

And i'm also very impressed with the way Mary played even though the score didn't go in her favour.

ashwu
Oct 5th, 2006, 05:32 AM
mary is coming back!!!!!! :woohoo:

go mary~~:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

enci
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I'm happy, because i could see Mary on the Eurosport :)

ashwu
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:40 AM
the video poldame shared on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2FAE79640B18D005&page=7

Andy.
Oct 5th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Mary is slowly on her way back, pushing the top players. If she can keep healthy im sure she will have a great 2007.

Kathrin
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:37 AM
:worship: :worship:
You are awesome.. Liked your match very much! Doesn't matter if you loose as long as you loose that way. Great tennis my little angel! You're back on track!

And you are looking sooooooo damn good! :smooch:

squig2k
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Amazing, Mary. Good serve, groundstrokes and power. Movement will improve with training, and jankovic made mary run into bad positions. But great performance

Lunatiq
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM
I agree with you all. That was amazing match. I thought that would have been two easy sets for Jankovic. But too much unforced errors in tie break (especially first one). First serve - - o my God!! cool;) That was very very good match;)

MPadict
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:58 PM
the video poldame shared on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2FAE79640B18D005&page=7

Do you think I can save the videos I see in Utube? I can watch them but when I try to save the target, I doesnt work... If anybody has tip... you are more than welcome

Sund7101
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:29 PM
I agree with you all. That was amazing match. I thought that would have been two easy sets for Jankovic. But too much unforced errors in tie break (especially first one). First serve - - o my God!! cool;) That was very very good match;)
Just to many unforced errors for Mary, but with that said she is starting to improve. I'm so excited she will be in great shape by the time next year comes around.

rsunderji
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:28 PM
thanks for sharing that video she is looking great

Rahim

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Mary :kiss: :hug:

sebbe
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Mary has one of the best serves out there!

cakiteror
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:21 PM
sebian comentator was full of lovely words towards mary!
he called her a legend,and said that both players played
great!
this is a far better mary than in san diego when she played against sharapova!
her fitness ia far better,she was returning balls great,
i see her coming back!

ashwu
Oct 6th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Do you think I can save the videos I see in Utube? I can watch them but when I try to save the target, I doesnt work... If anybody has tip... you are more than welcome

sure you could download them~
you could find them in Temporary Internet Files
or you could just try http://kej.tw/flvretriever/

Wizzy Maryfan
Oct 6th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I didnt find Mary slow or with too much pounds ...

I think she's really in shape and quite smart, she was never out ...

She just missed few points which was "key points", and that cost her the match !

But I think it was just a lack of confidence and a lack of match ... She made stupid erros during the tie-break (first point and at 5-5) !

So i really think that a win could reput her in a good way, definitely !

squig2k
Oct 6th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Just to many unforced errors for Mary, but with that said she is starting to improve. I'm so excited she will be in great shape by the time next year comes around.

unforced errors have always been a part of marys natural hard hitting game, but her winner count was also high against jankovic which was pleasing.

DomenicDemaria
Oct 7th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I didnt find Mary slow or with too much pounds ...

I think she's really in shape and quite smart, she was never out ...

She just missed few points which was "key points", and that cost her the match !

But I think it was just a lack of confidence and a lack of match ... She made stupid erros during the tie-break (first point and at 5-5) !

So i really think that a win could reput her in a good way, definitely !

Yer I just watched the match now and I agree. Key points on her service games which she got broken in and that forehand at 5-5. Mary hit some unbelievably good shots. She moved well but can still improve on that. She could also improve her antipation on return. She didn't break Jankovic once.

Valou
Oct 9th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Does anyone have the first set of the match ?? Some of you said it was the best part of the match. :bounce:

stefi62
Oct 10th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Does anyone have the first set of the match ?? Some of you said it was the best part of the match. :bounce:

Yes please, I can't see it on Youtube! Mary herself said the first part of the match was when she played well!

Why in the world was the match broadcasted anywhere in the world except in Mary's own country, France? :confused: Well, I ask, but that's as usual.... :(

pierce the best
Oct 10th, 2006, 04:14 PM
i see the match in eurosport germany it was really an amazing first set one of the baest mary played for monthes