PDA

View Full Version : STUTTGART R2: JANKOVIC def PIERCE 7-6(7), 6-3

.Andrew.
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Jankovic, well done! I should of had more faith in you though :o :( Mary... :sad:

thiaela
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Next time Mary, next time.

Uranus
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Congrats Jeka! Please go far here!

ClaudiaZ-S
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:04 PM
MARY : "Tack för allt stöd". :woohoo:

V-MAC
Sounds like it was a real, high-quality match :) wish I had the chance to watch it, well done Janko :bounce: nice effort Mary ;)

Wayn77
Janka :bounce: :drool:

Mary :hug: get yourself ready for Aus girl!

!<blocparty>!
FANTASTIC first set... it really was amazing. No breaks of serve, no break points. :eek:

Great show ladies, they're both soooooo classy. :worship: Nice performance Mary, work on your game and come back injury free next year. :D

Jelena!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Belmont Lad
What bad luck for Mary to have drawn Jelena in the first round. She competed very well, but it just wasn't enough today :sad: Jelena continues to display the top 5 tennis she has been playing in recent months. Well done Jelena and good luck in rd 2 :)

MistyGrey
Mary is on the right track.. just a few more matches and she'll be back, hopefully. I am just worried that she'll continue to get bad draws. :(

LDF
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Great match from both women :worship:

Jelena's serve was the difference today (though Mary was also serving pretty well) - more than 70% of first serves in and winning 80% of the points when it did.

It's good to see Mary playing at a high level again; unfortunately for her Jankovic was a very difficult draw.

JackFrost
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Well done, Jeca! :bounce:
Was a great match. Nice Winners.

ClaudiaZ-S
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:06 PM
R1 not R2

Wayn77
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:06 PM
FANTASTIC first set... it really was amazing. No breaks of serve, no break points. :eek:

Great show ladies, they're both soooooo classy. :worship: Nice performance Mary, work on your game and come back injury free next year. :D

Jelena!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Stuttgart is turning into a good tourney :bounce:

JackFrost
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:07 PM

Is that swedish? :confused:

Dexter
Great match it was! :bounce:
Congrats Jelena :yeah:
Mary :hug: keep it up! Jelena was just too good for her...

itzhak
It is scary how good Jelena is playing now...it is too good

Paul.
really fantastic match, the first set in particular. obviously i am disappointed with mary's loss but if she can play this well at 60-70% then i cant wait till next year when she should have really got into her stride. i really think she has a chance to get back to the top 10.

it was great to see both players applauding each other on great shots and the hand shake on the end was really warm and genuine - great to see.

take the title now jeca, because then mary can say that in 5 of the 6 events she has played in, she has lost to the eventual champion :p

.Andrew.
R1 not R2
Yes, I am sorry. How do I edit the title of the thread? :confused:

MistyGrey
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:08 PM

What does that mean??

mr_burns
Mary should take a Wc for Moscow, a few more matches and she is back in last years form

Joana
Now that was a quality match! Such clean performance from both, especially in the first set. And it was obvious they enjoyed it too and have much respect for each other. Shame it was only the first round and Mary had sucha bad draw, she's definitely playing better now.
Jelena didn't face a break point at all in this match. :eek: Don't remember the last time it happened to her. She served phenomenally well.

~Kiera~
Congrats, Jelena! :bounce:

Great game to watch. Lovely show of emotion from both players and a nice amount of mutual respect.

Well done, Mary, too. She may have lost but it was a positive match for her.

ClaudiaZ-S
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:09 PM
What does that mean??
thk U for your support :)

.Andrew.
really fantastic match, the first set in particular. obviously i am disappointed with mary's loss but if she can play this well at 60-70% then i cant wait till next year when she should have really got into her stride. i really think she has a chance to get back to the top 10.

it was great to see both players applauding each other on great shots and the hand shake on the end was really warm and genuine - great to see.

take the title now jeca, because then mary can say that in 5 of the 6 events she has played in, she has lost to the eventual champion :p
Mary! :hearts: I always saw her as one of the nicest players on tour. She seems to respect everyone she plays.

ClaudiaZ-S
Mary should take a Wc for Moscow, a few more matches and she is back in last years form
I don't think so! She'll play three tours after one-week rest :)

Just Do It
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:10 PM
AS EXPECTED :angel:

MistyGrey
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:10 PM
thk U for your support :)
Thanx :wavey:
When did she say that? Did she say this to Stefi?

atoutix
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Mary........

pierce0415
I am gutted for Mary but this is a positive performance for her :woohoo:
if only she got a better draw

oh well. she will play Zurich and Linz now

Dexter
Stuttgart is turning into a good tourney :bounce:Yes - I've seen 2 matches and both were of such a high-quality :eek:

pierce0415
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
I don't think so! She'll play three tours after one-week rest :)

she's playing Zurich / Linz
do you know that she is playing another tournament? :confused:

bellascarlett
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Mary...:sad: tough luck with the draw...I'm glad to read that she played better but it seems she can't catch a break...hopefully the next tournament will have a better draw for her...

I really want to see this match! Too bad it was a 1st rnd match...stupid tennis channel wont air until the semis...:crying2:

LefandePatty
Jelena!! :woohoo: :banana: :rocker: :yeah: :hearts:

Did someone record this match ?

ClaudiaZ-S
she's playing Zurich / Linz
do you know that she is playing another tournament? :confused:

Ooops ... You're right as usual :)

!<blocparty>!
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Stuttgart is turning into a good tourney :bounce:

Yes it really is! Awesome matches so far. Mary Jelena, Dinara Mara, Kata Demented.

:yippee:

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Mary :sobbing: Nice try.

Jeca :)

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
It was a damn good match :D So many beautiful actions from both sides :D

tiptop
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Great tennis indeed.

mandou
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Janka :bounce:

Mary :hug:

Drimal
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Great match once again Jelena! :woohoo:

She will be in top 10 before Roland Garros for sure! :D

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I don't like to say this, but Jankovic is a real danger for every player.
Very little unforced errors, good defending, speed and she can score.
I'm certainly not a fan, but she's playing great tennis.

P_Fer
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM
its too bad they had to meet this early

sebbe
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Great match.....this makes me wonder though what Mary did last week against Bondarenko! She played great and was moving pretty good I must say. Nice variation of shots...not the usual stuff that comes from Mary's racket.

Go Mary

[.Raisin.]
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:16 PM
What a match. :worship:
Jelena. :D :D
Good to see Mary back. :hug: :hearts:

A'DAM
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM
The quality of the match was :eek: :worship:

Thank you for lots of exitment :worship:

RJWCapriati
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:34 PM
:sad:

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:42 PM
great first set mary. :)

thesungoesdown
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:44 PM
:banana:

xXSarajevoXx
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Jelena :banana: :banana: :devil:

blumaroo
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Almost every Jankovic match nowadays is entertaining.
Excellent first set. It's time for Jelena to go one step further and to bring some titles home. One tier 4 doesn't do her justice.
Mary should keep playing. She looked a lot better than the previous matches I'd seen her.

LindsayRulz
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:08 PM
congrats Jelena!

UDACHi
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM
*is proud to be a vintage jankovic fan*

Oneofakind0490
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Yay Jelena. Mary:sad: My two of 3 favorite players had to face off. Mary I'm happy your playing better and its only a matter of time we reach form again> Jelena your just so good right now. FInally after 2 long years of wishing you the best you have finally gotten good form and is showing our true potential. I wish someone would upload the first set as it sounds great.

selyoink
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Good job on another win Jelena

rada
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Nice win jelena keep it up:)

Berlin_Calling
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:43 PM
good reps to whoever can upload the match!

StZox
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:41 AM
It was a great match with very many winners.
I agree that they are both classy and too bad they faced each other in the first round.

Jeca, you are still on fire!!! GO ON LIKE THIS!!!:)

StZox
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:51 AM
I am very happy I could see such a good match in every possible aspect including the number of winner from both players, their mutual respect and fair play etc.
Great performance.

Wayn77
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:52 AM
good reps to whoever can upload the match!

yes please: I'm finished at work and need something to watch :wavey:

Reuchlin
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:55 AM
she really needs to REST and stop playing every weeek

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Mary :sad: :sad: :hug:

Kimdsay
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:07 AM
What an amazing match, it was so :D to watch (and I'm not a big fan of either of them)! :worship:
They really looked like they were having fun playing, both of them - thank you Mary & Jelena! :D :rocker2:

crazillo
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:42 AM
It was an awesome match, really. I was at the tournament and the crowd was absolutely fascinated by both, though Mary was the one who was supported more out there.

A little footnote: They had to share one practise court the same afternoon and Mary was hitting with 100% power all the time, I think to impress Jelena quite a bit.
Jelena won't admit it, but she sometimes looked over and saw Mary hitting one of these hard balls. It was funny to watch. :p

rrfnpump
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:46 AM
great match :D :yeah:

Jelena ;) :cool:
keep winning, girl