PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva def. Srebotnik 4-6 7-5 7-5

selecta
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:15 PM
hard but it's a win for elena ;)

CooCooCachoo
:sobbing: Kata :sad: Gave away such a lead.

SloKid
Kata when will you win a match like this. :sobbing:

But Lena, hat off for fighting through cramps to win it.

pierce0415
Lena what a titanic struggle
:worship:

wateva
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:16 PM
kata the choker... :rolleyes:

Ellery
Wow Lena :worship:
Kata :bigcry:

The Daviator
Elena's such a fighter :worship: Battling through a tough opponent and cramp, well done :yeah:

Win the title! :bounce:

thiaela
Well done Elena.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

miffedmax
Sounds like another typically boring Lena D. match.

hablo
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Lena, congrats (can't believe you had cramps though. :speakles: ) :bowdown:

selecta
i love her cap

parn2257
elena!!!
great match what a fight

Happy Guy
This is the first time that I hear Elena suffering from cramping.

Well done, Elena!

No Name Face
Sounds like another typically boring Lena D. match.

death.

elena, win everything, okay?

why was mommy vera crying? :awww:

GoDominique
Kata let her off the hook. 4-1 up in the second by playing aggressively, then got passive.

More chances in the third but wasted all of them. Stupid.

~Dementievaitis~
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

just take a rest now Elena

Dexter
Well done both. Such a great battle... Sad that one of them had to lose :mad: :sad:
Disappointing result for Kata :sad: but congrats Lena :clap2: - what a fighter she is! :bowdown:
Good luck in the next match!

pierce0415
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:18 PM
ugh this match took so LONG
I am ready for Mary v Jelo NOW

SloKid
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:19 PM
This is the first time that I hear Elena suffering from cramping.
That's cause it is the first, she said so after the match. :lol:

TiK-Tee
Yeah Lena :D

selyoink
Finally another great win for Lena. And in typical Lena fashion as well.

Drimal
What a :crazy: match! :rocker:

Great fight from Elena after 1:4 to 7:5 in second set! :bowdown: :hatoff:

Elena I love your fighting spirit! :inlove:

Keep on fighting for the Porsche! :lick:

Louis Cyphre
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:20 PM
that was UNBELIEVABLE match :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
I`m so happy for Elena :D :D :D :D :D

KV
Great fighting spirit Lena :)

Mightymirza
well done elena..well done

exodus'05
Elena had to dig deep, but she pulled through, I think she really needed a match like this. well done.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:21 PM
What a fighter , Lena !!

1800 points in the race .
Winning her next match Elena will be 5th in the race . Right ?

safinfans629
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:22 PM
a match like 'elena victory'

blumaroo
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Kata you silly goose. She should have won in straights. She was setting up points very cleverly and played really well at the net. Then she got passive and let Elena play herself into rhythm. Well done Elena though.

Lenafan
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:23 PM
What a warrior. I aged about 10 years and probably most unproductive morning at work in a long time and given my work ethic, that's saying a lot. It's been a while since her fans have had to endure a completely stressful match like this with so many ups and downs. I guess we were due.

forever_rafter
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Kota, oh Kata :hug: You should have won it girl!

*Jool*
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM
ok that does it :shout:
i really wish kata doesnt play anymore in 2006 , I would feel a lot more relax then :lol:

I 'm bored with her losing this kind of matches :banghead:

ok ok obviously it was a good fight etc etc
but I mean : :hysteric:

Kata when will you win a match like this. :sobbing:

that's also what i wonder

Wintermute
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Wow. :worship: Great fight from Elena.

Was pretty surprised to see her cramping and Katerina was very nice giving her a pat on the shoulder to make sure she was OK. But for Elena to come out afterwards and still hit some great shots was gutsy. I almost thought I was watching Sharapova at the end with all the screaming from Lena!

Srebotnik played really well too and it must hurt to lose this.

Belmont Lad
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Kata, what a disappointment. :(

itzhak
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Great match...Lena started the in the form she played in Luxemburg and Kata knew what to do. Give Kata a break- try you to play long match with Dementieva...She have no power and strength for such a long rallies.

Meteor Shower
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I thought it was over after throwing her raquet at 0-30
Elena :worship:

P_Fer
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Lena how do you do it?

Wayn77
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Elena phewwww :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: you rock my world girl!

last saw it 4-4 in the second set before I started my commute - how was the third set?

Srebotnik: well played, another potential top-20.

DEETHELICK
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Kata was playing good tennis in all the sets except latter half of the second set. Elena really did raise her game a set and 1-4 down though. Her winner count went through the roof and Elena began hitting with more angle and chaging direction better.

The cramp was sad to see, but to come through it shows Elena has some key mental toughness needed at this level.

Congrats Elena, this was the kind of hard fought win you needed. The straight set wins were taking the edge off ;)

Kata, what a clever game you have. Try and continue executing when it gets tight! :)

Bolero
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Wow Elena, what a gutsy performance!

radics
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Sorry to say so, but Dementieva sucks. Yes, she does. When she had those cramps at the end of the match, Srebotnik came over to her to ask her if everything was ok. That was very classy. But Dementieva... I don't know... Instead of just finishing the match like a champion, she had to act like a complete idiot. She was screaming around, throwing her racket and ... there was that wired moment... Dementieva missed her first serve and "asked" for a new ball. The ballbow throw the ball to her, but "missed" her for about a meter, so she had to make a little step forward to get the ball. She turned around and gave the ballboy a "not very friendly" look and if I'm correct, also said something to him. And now guess what happened next? Yeah right, Dementieva made a double fault... man, she gave that ballboy one hell of a scream (yes, she was looking right in hes face while screaming). Of course, this DF was all his fault. Thankfully the crowd booed her for this crap.

And I think all this bs really affected Srebotnik who played imho very defensive and shaky from now on. Maybe Dementieva didn't meant to affect Srebotnik, but she showed imho just no class there, especially since Srebotnik was so friendly and fair to her just a few minutes ago.

Uranus
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Expected tough win :p

LindsayRulz
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:20 PM
another drama signed Dementieva

miffedmax
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Lena threw a racket?!!!!!!? Unheard of.

Viktymise
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Wow what a fight, classic lena :worship: amazing she still got it :D

.Andrew.
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:22 PM
GREAT FIGHT LENA D!!! :hearts: KATA :sad: BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

thiaela
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Well done Lena

UDACHi
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:58 PM
lena comebacks. :drool:

Lenafan
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:04 PM
"It was very tough to move for a time," Dementieva said. "I really wanted to win and I did all I could. We both played very well."

Dementinator
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
well this is the kind of win i just love from Lena ,its when she gives me most confidence in her and I know the true Lena I love is here.... yes she may have played poorly ,but ,lets give Kata some credit here ,this is a player who sent momo packing 0 and 1 about this time last year ,shes not crap at all ,I have often seen her play and wonder why she isnt ranked higher ,she doesnt have any huge weapons per se ,but shes tricky and can move the ball about wonderfully... she can be very very tough.. now then to the Golden one ,this is what i wanted to see ,she FOUGHT! she so easily could have faded out in 2 easy sets ,but she didnt she had cramps ,jesus! one can only imagine how painful that must have been if it was in her legs! those muscles are huge ,mega pain ,but despite that she didnt give up and got the win ,its what she does best ,its how she made 2 GS finals... Lena cruising her first few matches ,ala USO is NOT good news ,she goes tits up in the later stages ,battling and almost losing them ,she will often simply get tougher and tougher ,see Tokyo and L.A ,shite play early on, goes on to win title...

I was starting to wonder if the fire was gone from Lena lately ,take it from me ,it aint!!

Well now then Kata my love ,sorry about that ,seemed things may have been going your way ,and had they done so ,I wouldnt have been upset , I kinda like you ,but despite the battles ,the H2H now stands at 6-0 and... YOU HAVE BEEN DEMENTINATED........just...

morningglory
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
:banana: she survives!

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
great job elena!

bellascarlett
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
phew lena...:D good fight!

sorry for srebotnik, she seems like a really nice person.

wow lena cramped? and screamed like masha? and threw her racket? wish i could have seen it all! :lol: oh yeah for the cramping...:hug: good luck next round lena! try to win the title!

[.Raisin.]
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:25 PM
That call third set at GP for Kata. :mad: :mad: She would have been up 3-0. :(

But hey I am not complaining. :worship: :worship: Elena what a fighter. Some amazing strokes. :hearts:

Kata crying after the 2nd set. :sad:
And going over to Lena when she was suffering from cramps. :hug:

Good Luck in the quarters Lena. :hearts:

Russianboy90
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I saw the match live! I sat behind the plaers box and I always shouted DAVAI LENA!!! Someone hear me?? It was so unbelievable! Lena always hear me and lokked to me and my freinds!! EVER!!! It was fantastic!!! She looked at first to us and then to her mum!!! WOW ! LENA I LOVE YOU!!

RJWCapriati
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:33 PM
The Expected 3 sets

bellascarlett
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I saw the match live! I sat behind the plaers box and I always shouted DAVAI LENA!!! Someone hear me?? It was so unbelievable! Lena always hear me and lokked to me and my freinds!! EVER!!! It was fantastic!!! She looked at first to us and then to her mum!!! WOW ! LENA I LOVE YOU!!
Hey, aren't you supposed to be cheering for Fran?...:p

Russianboy90
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Hey, aren't you supposed to be cheering for Fran?...:p
yes!^^ but she didn't play!!!^^
We met her and she was so friendly and funny!
But do you hear me??^^

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:48 PM
great choke Srebotnik :(

xXSarajevoXx
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Katarina :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lena :D

Josh.
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:40 PM
well done elena
gee, kata must have been play out of her mind.

DominikaRules
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Sorry to say so, but Dementieva sucks. Yes, she does. When she had those cramps at the end of the match, Srebotnik came over to her to ask her if everything was ok. That was very classy. But Dementieva... I don't know... Instead of just finishing the match like a champion, she had to act like a complete idiot. She was screaming around, throwing her racket and ... there was that wired moment... Dementieva missed her first serve and "asked" for a new ball. The ballbow throw the ball to her, but "missed" her for about a meter, so she had to make a little step forward to get the ball. She turned around and gave the ballboy a "not very friendly" look and if I'm correct, also said something to him. And now guess what happened next? Yeah right, Dementieva made a double fault... man, she gave that ballboy one hell of a scream (yes, she was looking right in hes face while screaming). Of course, this DF was all his fault. Thankfully the crowd booed her for this crap.

And I think all this bs really affected Srebotnik who played imho very defensive and shaky from now on. Maybe Dementieva didn't meant to affect Srebotnik, but she showed imho just no class there, especially since Srebotnik was so friendly and fair to her just a few minutes ago.

Is there any truth to this? :weirdo:

I highly doubt it. And no, Elena does not suck. :mad:

Congrats on the win, Lena! :bounce:

gocanadago
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:07 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Kata :sad:

Justine Fan
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Congrats Lena ... you sure know how to fight .. I love those matches of yours! :)

Poor Kata :hug: you played so well .. nevermind, you'll get there, you have a great game :bounce:

Escape
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Well done Elena :D great fight
:sad: for Srebotnik she had a great chance to beat Elena for the 1st time

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Elena :kiss: :hearts: :D :worship:

MisterMan
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Now leads Head to Head 6 -0 !

crystall
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Great win.. With all those ups and down..

Kimdsay
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:44 AM
:bounce: Wow Elena, well done! :D :rocker2: :worship: Those cramps looked really painful... :hug:

Kata, good luck at the next tourney... :hug:

goldenlox
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Moscoe is Elena's favorite tournament, so I hope she gets through this week healthy