PDA

View Full Version : Kim Says She May Return In Linz Tier II

pierce0415
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Clijsters hopes to return in LinzOctober 4, 2006

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) -- Kim Clijsters (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/49/) hopes to return to the WTA Tour at the end of month because her injured wrist is healing faster than expected. The fifth-ranked Belgian initially planned to return at the Oct. 30-Nov. 5 Gaz de France tournament in her home city of Hasselt. Now Clijsters may play at the Generali Ladies Linz event in Austria a week earlier.

"We will have to wait and see how my first ball contact goes," she said Wednesday on her Web site.

Clijsters, who has been wearing a wrist brace for a month, expects to start hitting in 10 days. She was injured at a hard-court tournament in Montreal in August when she fell on her surgically repaired wrist.

She was unable to defend her U.S. Open title and missed the Fed Cup final, which Belgium lost to Italy. Clijsters also missed most of the 2004 season because of her wrist. The 23-year-old player has dealt with assorted ankle, knee and back ailments as well and says her health is why she plans to retire in 2007.

pierce0415
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Kim :help:
haven't you learned from the past that it is not a good idea to return too early?

LDF
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I really hope she doesn't rush herself and cause further injury :unsure:

safinfans629
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:30 PM
i hope kim will not come back until she is recovered

Belmont Lad
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Fantastic news, hope her accelerated recovery continues and we do indeed see her in Linz! :) :bounce:

xin_hui
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:32 PM
her diary stated "And should I really be lucky, maybe one week earlier... " and never made mention of linz

as usual, it's deducement from the media. she didnt exactly say it herself

FrOzon
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Great news! :bounce:

HotHotHeat
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't get too excited, it only says 'may'. All in all I hope she comes back when fully fit, rather than rushing back, so she doesn't injure herself again.

MistyGrey
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I Hope Kim knows what she is doing.
Best of luck :bounce:

Slumpsova
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:51 PM
i'm sure the fans can wait :o hopefully she sticks her with comeback @ Hasselt.

Drake1980
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Very cool indeed!!

fifiricci
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I hope she waits too, we don't want "Hasseltgate II" :help:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I hope she'll ba back when she is 100% healthy, no matter when it is. But if she plays Linz I'll be happy to see her playing :)
There's no need to hurry, take your time Kim :hug:

thiaela
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah
I hope she back soon.

Kimster
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Kim :help:
haven't you learned from the past that it is not a good idea to return too early?

Yeah, i'm with you! As much as i want to see her play again i have this feeling too! Let that wrist heal properly! See what's happening with Venus.

If it IS healed, go for it girl! Smash 'em, ALL OF THEM! :bounce:

Scots Kim Fan
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I hope she'll ba back when she is 100% healthy, no matter when it is. But if she plays Linz I'll be happy to see her playing :)
There's no need to hurry, take your time Kim :hug:

That's exactly my feelings on the subject.