PDA

View Full Version : Elena vs Srebotnik

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:52 PM
4-4 in the First Set. Elena was down 4-2 but has won the last two games.

Go Elena :)

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Srebotnik serving

15-0
30-0 :(
40-0 :sad:
40-15
Game Srebotnik

5-4 for Srebotnik with Elena to serve

Go Elena

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Elena serving now

0-15
0-30
0-40 :(
15-40
First Set Srebotnik

:confused: What's happening? :confused:

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Srebotnik serving.

Deuce .....
Ad Srebotnik
Game Srebotnik

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Damn Srebotnik broke and leads 2-0

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Srebotnik serving

15-40 :)
Elena breaks back

YES!

Srebotnik leads 6-4 2-1 with Elena to serve

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Elena to serve

15-0
15-15
15-30 :(
I lost track of the score for a second
Then I go back on ...
Srebotnik has broken

Srebotnik leads 6-4 3-1 :(

Pilongo
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:20 PM
anything that happens today, the match is disgusting.
I don't think she can win playing like this.
Sreb is playing better, hurts to say

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Srebotnik serving

15-0
15-15
15-30 :)
30-30
30-40 :)
Deuce :(
Game Srebotnik

Danči Dementia
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:45 PM
anything that happens today, the match is disgusting.
I don't think she can win playing like this.
Sreb is playing better, hurts to say

Pilongo :wavey: your avatar is sooooooooooooo cute I like it very much :worship: .

COME ON LENA
4-3 Srebotnik third set.

VAMOS ELENA :bounce: :bounce:

Danči Dementia
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:57 PM
5-4 third set ...................................Lena Serving for the match :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

COMJE ON :scared:

Danči Dementia
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:17 PM
6-5 :scared: :scared:

damned it...................................she likes to make us suffer

Danči Dementia
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:19 PM
:bigclap: :) she won.................................

Why do the live scoreboard stop sometimes???????

TiK-Tee
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Yessss Lena :hearts:

seahawker
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Here's the Reuters account of the match.

Dementieva wins despite Stuttgart collapse

By Barry Wood

STUTTGART (Reuters) - Third seed Elena Dementieva, who collapsed with cramp while serving for the match, recovered to defeat Slovenia's Katarina Srebotnik 4-6 7-5 7-5 in the second round of the Stuttgart Grand Prix on Wednesday.

Having broken to lead 5-4 in the deciding set, the Russian fell to the floor in pain.

After several minutes of treatment and a sympathetic hand on the shoulder from her opponent, Dementieva carried on playing and had her serve broken.

But she dug deep to pound a succession of powerful groundstrokes to break serve again before completing one of the most difficult wins of her career.

"I didn't want to give up and I put in so much, everything that I had today," Dementieva told Reuters.

"When the cramping happened I was in shock, I didn't want to quit. I wanted to continue because I was almost closing the match.

"It was a very difficult moment. I was thinking that if I won one more game I'm going to have a day off and that was really going to help me recover. I didn't want to lose and wanted to fight, fight."

seahawker
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM
And the Associated Press account:

Dementieva advances in Porsche GP

October 4, 2006

STUTTGART, Germany (AP) -- Third-seeded Elena Dementieva overcame cramps, errors and a tough opponent Wednesday to beat Slovenia's Katarina Srebotnik 4-6, 7-5, 7-5 and reach the quarterfinals of the Porsche Grand Prix.

Dementieva , a semifinalist at the tournament last year, had a bye into the second round. The Russian raised her record to 6-0 against Srebotnik.

Serving for the match at 5-4 and 15-15 in the third set, Dementieva slumped to the floor clutching her left thigh. After receiving about five minutes of treatment, Dementieva had one of her 11 double-faults and dropped serve. But she broke right back and then closed the match with a forehand winner on her second match point.

After losing the first set, Dementieva trailed 4-1 in the second and was a break down before rallying to win six of the next seven games and even the match.The two traded breaks at the start of the third, then Srebotnik dropped serve again to put Dementieva ahead 5-4.

"It was very tough to move for a time," Dementieva said. "I really wanted to win and I did all I could. We both played very well."

Pilongo
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Pilongo :wavey: your avatar is sooooooooooooo cute I like it very much :worship: .

Thanks i love her in that pic :)
Well finally she managed to win.
Let's hope she can forget the last matches and focus on next ones and play better, otherwise i can see a copy of the 2005, playing Zurich, Linz, Hasselt...
It won't be necessary, but i want no worries :P

kinglear
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I really want her to win this. It will only help her ranking. And props to her for winning despite her injury because she just proves she's a fighter. I just can't wait until the Australian Open comes because I have a feeling Lena will be super ready. :)

markspot
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Any chance someone recorded the match and will post it?
I watched it and now I regret for not recording it.
There was one great point towards the end of the third set, where Lena started shrieking just like Masha, and the point was really great. It was amazing.
At least that point, please... :)

quasar
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Was it the one where she ran a ball to the left side of the court, hit the brakes and lightingly-quick rushed of to the other side just in time to hit a gorgeous winner down the line? I watched it in the highlights. Awesome point!!!

I 2nd the mark's motion. If anyone can upload the match (rapidshare, bittorrent), it would be fantastic. I want to check out such a great, gutsy comeback win!

Let's hope that she can do some damage control on her serve. She can't throw in another 11 double faults against this field and hope to win in the later rounds. Serving as she did against Martina in the Tokyo finals wouldn't hurt.

Cheers,

Carlos

Pilongo
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:40 PM
There was one great point towards the end of the third set, where Lena started shrieking just like Masha, and the point was really great. It was amaizing.

I remember that point, too
Was just too beautiful

Verdasco
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Lena has lost in the First Round of the Australian Open three of the last four years.

I really want her to win this. It will only help her ranking. And props to her for winning despite her injury because she just proves she's a fighter. I just can't wait until the Australian Open comes because I have a feeling Lena will be super ready. :)

Confident
Oct 5th, 2006, 03:35 PM
What a tough match it was yesterday. I really like the fact, that she could win it, despite of the injury. Great fight! :worship:

markspot
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I caught a repeat of the 3rd set, from 2:1 or so.
So I tried to record it. At least I know that I recorded those two games where all the extraordinary things occured:
the cramps, the fall, the throwing of the racket, the talking, and the a la Sharapova shrieks.
Just those two games (10-11) take 16 minutes and I have them on 600 MB
544x576 mpeg 2 file.
I guess, I could upload it to rapidshare, or just cut out that one point.
I'm too lazy to re-encode to something smaller
But perhaps someone will post the whole match

seahawker
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Maybe someone could post the match on youtube.com?

kinglear
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Lena has lost in the First Round of the Australian Open three of the last four years.

Yeah I know she's a hard court player, but you never know. Good things may happen. I always want her to win regardless.

kinglear
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:04 PM
There was one great point towards the end of the third set, where Lena started shrieking just like Masha, and the point was really great. It was amazing.

Is the point you're referring to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEHnS0Iwwp4
I'm pretty sure it's the part at 2:44 Because that sure was intense.

markspot
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Is the point you're referring to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEHnS0Iwwp4
I'm pretty sure it's the part at 2:44 Because that sure was intense.

Yes, the same. The point ends at 2:44