PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva, the most boring player on tour to watch!

sebbe
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Nothing is happening, she is just running and hitting and nothing is happening. Some of you are always saying that her forehand is so awesome but hey, where is it?
Even Mauresmo is funnier to watch even though she's also just running and running....she is coming to the net once in a while.

Dementieva = boring and monotonous!

Viktymise
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:48 PM
1 match doesnt equal a whole career :rolleyes:

Louis Cyphre
Nothing is happening, she is just running and hitting and nothing is happening. Some of you are always saying that her forehand is so awesome but hey, where is it?
Even Mauresmo is funnier to watch even though she's also just running and running....she is coming to the net once in a while.

:haha:
This is the stupidest post that I have ever read in that forum :lol:

dizoo
she's boring to watch...but not the most boring

hingis_boyfriend
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Clijsters

sebbe
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:50 PM
she's boring to watch...but not the most boring

Yeah she seem to be a nice person.....but nowdays her tennis is boring. It's much funnier when she's going for winners. I remember amelia island for like 3 years ago when she beat both henin and davenport...so many winners. I think that would raise her game to a higher level to.

GoDominique
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:50 PM
You will be killed for this by rabid Dementieva fans.

But yeah, you are right. She's not going anywhere with her current game because there's nothing special to it. She's too defensive and her game has too many flaws, the biggest one her serve of course.

Daniel25
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I think it´s very exciting to see her play! You never what´s gonna happen with her. How is her serve gonna be (most of the time not so good, but sometimes it's pretty good and the other day just horrible)
Her groundstrokes are beautiful! I don't think she plays so defensive at all. Sometimes, when she has too, but a lot of times she is really attacking!
Very unpredictable player, but always fighting and she looks beautiful!!!
Elena Rocks!!!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:58 PM

You are sooooooooooo.... dead. :lol:

tenn_ace

and that's coming from a pierce fan? :haha:

GoDominique
She's also making more errors these days, and if you rely solely on defending you just can't afford that.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
i agree about it being a little boring, but that's only now. when she's on though, she's absolutely amazing to watch. her match against mauresmo at the FO 04 was great.

Viktymise
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
She's also making more errors these days, and if you rely solely on defending you just can't afford that.
She is just out of form right now, at LA she played great attacking loads but since winning that she is slumping a liitle, played decent at USO until the quaters were she imploded against Jankovic and last week was pretty poor shes just going through a bad patch

MistyGrey
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:03 PM
She is boring. But only coz she is in a semi slump. She is very entertaining when she is playing well.

timafi
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM

:weirdo: :weirdo: :weirdo: :weirdo: :weirdo: :weirdo:

P_Fer
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Dementieva is far from boring

densuprun
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:10 PM

My thoughts exactly.
Even if I don't give a damn about Elena D.

Vacant
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Well, it's true at the moment.

She's not going for her shots at all. Just running everything down, and then missing. :o

pierce0415
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Dementieva :help:

tennnisfannn
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:24 PM
what player isn't boring when they are not at their best. Even hingis gets pretty boring when she is having a bad day as she makes very uncharacteristic errors and her magic is all gone. When ElenaD is on, she is simply amazing as she doesn't miss, finds balls that should be winners, even her serve is amusing.

hablo
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:30 PM
well, it's not fun to watch either when a player is trying to be aggressive and is missing everything as pierce did last year during the roland garros final.
what a crappy match that was ! :rolleyes:

Shonami Slam
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:31 PM
1) her abbility to run and run and run and hit the ball IS part of her amazing abbility.
fastest player in top20 apart henin and best mover considering her hight.
2) she not only hits the ball ' she strokes a relativly flat ball with side'spin when going insideout
3) her forehand CC shot is awing
4) she has so much game, i cannot understand how one can find her boring
and after all that said, she is playing badly lately

Yonexforever
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:34 PM

You are correct to a point... but it can be applied to ALL the baseline huggers.

Personally the only thing i find interesting to watch is how consistent they are while doing all that running side to side, but with no other options, consistency would be a natural result.. hence your boredom i guess huh?

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I like watching he on a day she plays well. She can beat anyone with sheer effort

Stamp Paid
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:54 PM
You're watching a bad match of hers, I guess.

Mightymirza
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:00 PM
well not many players can stage as huge comebacks as lena does in most of the matches...

HotHotHeat
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Nah, Dementieva is not boring. :hearts:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Hahaha

bellascarlett
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I can easily think of many many players who are more boring to watch...:yawn:

No Name Face
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:18 PM
when elena is on she is captivating.

MisterMan
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:18 PM
She just came back from a Set down and losing 4-1 (?) in the second to tie up the match at one set each.
This equals = Not Boring.

LH2HBH
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:20 PM
She is a very entertaining player to watch, especially if she is on her game!

I love how she can hit that cream puff serve but be ready RIGHT AWAY for a hard hitting baseline rally. Probably on of the best ground games in the business.

Danči Dementia
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM

EXACTLY :lol: :lol: :lol:
PIERCE :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

You have nothing better to do right???? :o :o

pla
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Elena can't be boring, winning or loosing. She's just SO funny to watch, her game, her reaction, the things she's saying :D

miffedmax
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Elena can't be boring, winning or loosing. She's just SO funny to watch, her game, her reaction, the things she's saying :D

All that, and she's just so :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

pla
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:41 PM
All that, and she's just so :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

:lol: Yeah I know :D Even a straight female is sensible in a way to this (i.e. me :lol: )

LindsayRulz
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:43 PM
yeah I agree, she is really boring to watch but it's just a personnal opinion. some person could say the same thing about Lindsay or Maria...

.david.
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:51 PM
She is amazing to watch when she is on.

HotHotHeat
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I can't get bored by watching hot players :hearts:

Drake1980
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
:tape:

Milito22
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:02 PM
:yawn:.......................:zzz:

thiaela
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:02 PM
She is not bored.

GoDominique
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:05 PM
A new kind of jinx, this thread. :lol:

MistyGrey
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:14 PM
A new kind of jinx, this thread. :lol:

:lol:

-GenEz.Williams
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:17 PM
she´s not boring all the time..
one of my favourite match of all time is from dementieve def capriati 2004 qf
that was so cool!!

MisterMan
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Did you people who say she's boring hear what just happened ?
Coming back from a set and a half down. Made it to 5-4. Cramped during her serve.
Got broken to 5-5. Broke back to 5-6, and won 7-5.
Helllllooooooooooo ??

exodus'05
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I just love the timing of this thread :rolleyes: :tape:

blumaroo
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Some people don't like how Elena drags every match into three sets. Because it's not always pretty to watch.

TiK-Tee
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:24 PM
No Im not boring :D

Zauber
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:37 PM
rediculous
she has great ground strokes great movement.
I have savaged her for being incapable of improving her serve.
However her game is anything but boring to watch her play.
In fact her game is one of the nicest to watch if you ignore her serve.
another rediculous statement on this board.

DEETHELICK
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Each to their own :)

Elena today needed a gritty win. Something to restart the heat as it was getting slightly poor. But boy did she show game (47 winners!), heart, courage and determination to fight off an opponent who was playing better than her and the infamous cramps!

Kudos Elena. The WTA is a better place WITH you :)

Wayn77
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:00 PM
The Queen of the Baseline is wonderful to look at and wonderful to watch :hearts: :drool:

Showed her mettle today: playing a clever opponent - the serve was wobbling, has a mediocre run recently, dug deep and got the job done.

Lunaris
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:02 PM

I hope that you saw her today's match against Srebotnik and believe that you posted this thread only to earn some cash, 'cause there are many Elena's fans who are probably going to answer you. It is nonsense btw.

Viktymise
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:13 PM
This thread lost any creditbility it had after todays match :lol:

.Andrew.
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Not true at all! Lena D to me is one of the most exciting players to watch on tour! HUGE forehead, steady backhand, consistent volleys, and lots of double faults, :hearts: She is so much fun to watch because you neve know what you will get from her! She has her on and off days. Loves Lena D! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Wayn77
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Dementieva is CLASS! :worship:

sapir1434
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:24 PM
:lol: I'm definitely not a fan of Dementieva, but hell I just can't find her boring.

!Gio!
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah she is so boring, thats why she is constantly providing the most exciting and epic matches.
Lets not even bring the US open matches she has had, Elena is something else, without her the tour would be boring for me.
She just brings something special to the game of tennis.

vesanto
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:49 PM
I understand what you say but her matches are almost never boring because you never what to expect from her...but yeah, sometimes she is just stuck in the baseline hitting balls like a training session...the problem is that her opponents gain rythm and start hitting well also and then goes the stories of the multiple 3 sets victories...

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:58 PM
:haha:
This is the stupidest post that I have ever read in that forum :lol:

i TOTALLY AGREE

Dementieva-fan
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:03 PM
All I can say is........ WHATEVER!!!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Well I don't find her game attractive but she's not boring... She really can play a good interesting match. If you're judgement is made after match against Srebotnik then watch some of her good matches...

DragonFlame
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:49 PM

lol, coming from a mary pierce fan. :rolleyes: at least elena doesnt take 1 hour to serve even though she has loads of df's :tape: :lol:

BoucharDRules
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Elena's matches are never boring. Even if her play is ragged, you can turn off the volume and ignore the ball, and admire her physical attributes. :drool: ;)

Cankarlo
Oct 5th, 2006, 06:34 AM
She is not boring. I think she has a great game to watch. And her match against Srebotnik was also very entertaining.

Dani12
Oct 5th, 2006, 08:02 AM

Where's my gun!

...lol kidding.

aussie_fan
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:29 AM
As much as I'm not a big fan of Dementieva's game, sometimes that serve can be awfully terrible but a couple of the better matches i have seen have involved dementieva. The QF and SF at the US Open in 2004 were great matches, so in my opinion she isn't boring to watch.

Veritas
Oct 5th, 2006, 09:42 AM

It's boring when she's making 3 double faults per service game, but when she's mixing the rallies up a bit (i.e. doing something other than a forehand), it's a pleasing sight.

Besides, the fact that her game's frustrating to watch makes it all the more interesting. You know she's got a lot of potential, so when those unfortunate errors start building up, you feel like screaming at her for making those retarded mistakes. Surely that's more "interesting" than watching a top player doing something routine, like decimating someone ranked below the top-20 (which is another reason why women's tennis as a whole is low on credibility).

Prizeidiot
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:13 AM
She's clearly provides the most entertainment out of all the top players. Some days she plays hideously, but it's never boring. 90% of her matches go to three sets and a fair few of those end in tie breaks. You can't buy that kind of unpredictability. Most other top players, you can put your house on them winning in 2 against someone outside the top 50.

Justine Fan
Oct 5th, 2006, 10:21 AM
This thread lost any creditbility it had after todays match :lol:

Did it have any credibility ? Nope

Pathetic thread title. OP should take their meds :rolleyes:

Dani12
Oct 5th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah I think if you type in Demetieva's name into youtube you'll find some pretty special ralley's. Her running forehands are an honour to watch and her game can be beautiful when on, she always has be on the edge of my seat, maybe because i'm a fan.

Here is one is Elena's ralley's, one of the best I have seen in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITLI5rawgVI

Dementinator
Oct 5th, 2006, 12:56 PM
well Elena can be many things ,gorgeous ,unpredictable ,crap,annoying,wonderful ,awe inspiring but NEVER EVER boring...

Even when shes in crap mode and playing badly ,theres still plenty of drama ,you just do not know what will happen ,THE best final this year full stop was the L.A one ,where both her and Jankovic gave everything and produced everything ,from crap tennis to briliant tennis .In fact Lenas only boring match could well be the Tokyo one where she made Hingis look utterly crap.. Lena provides buckets of entertainment ,from her shreiks and squeals ,her sublime athletic movement ,and unpredictble nature.. if you are bored with Elena ,you are dead ,simple as that...

Foot's Fingers
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:46 PM

:haha: :lol: :haha:

The words form fan of Mary Pierce

If smbdy ask who is the most entertaining player to watch : Elena Dementieva - the first name in yr mind!!!

Ryan
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:57 PM
You will be killed for this by rabid Dementieva fans.

But yeah, you are right. She's not going anywhere with her current game because there's nothing special to it. She's too defensive and her game has too many flaws, the biggest one her serve of course.

Exactly. When Elena played her high octane offensive game, her weapons nearly compensated for her serve. But when she plays too passive, IMO she makes more errors and her serve is even more of a weakness because she chooses (for some reason, does any Elena fan have an answer?) to not go for as much.

jazzfuzion
Oct 5th, 2006, 01:58 PM
yea and its more fun to watch pierce right?stand rooted on the same spot hitting the same type of shots elena hits? WOW

Oizo
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Well I can't say I am a fan of her, but she is definitely not boring. You always have something to watch: Me personally likes when she grunts louder and louder, like in her match with Srebotnik at 5:5 in the third :haha: That was hilarious :lol: My folks told me to shut the volume down or they would kick me out of the room :rolls:

sunset
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Her legs make her fun to watch even when she's losing. :bounce:
I think they are the best on the tour. :bounce:

ezekiel
Oct 5th, 2006, 02:38 PM
she is very mechanical so sometimes she gets tedious but she has a sunny personality and compared to the rest , I like her more :)