PDA

View Full Version : I Am Starting To Get Tired Of Kuznetsova's Cakewalk Draws

pierce0415
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Bali SUPER Tier III (SVETA POCKETED 145 POINTS)
1R BYE
2R Takao 6-1 6-2
Q Bremond 6-3 6-2
S Davenport 7-6(4) 7-6(5)
F Bartoli 7-5 6-2

Beijing Tier II (SVETA POCKETED 195 POINTS)
1R BYE
2R Kostanic 2-1 ret.
Q Li 6-4 4-6 6-4 (only match she worked for in Beijing)
S Peng (injured) 6-0 6-2
F Mauresmo (bagel Momo) 6-4 6-0

Stuttgart SUPER Tier II (SVETA WILL POCKED AT LEAST 99 POINTS)
1R BYE
2R Muller 61 64
Q Jankovic (extremely tired, played past midnight, cramping) 64 61
S Slumping Hantuchova or Slumping Petrova :rolleyes:

pierce0415
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
and I didn't even mention Sveta's Roland Garros run to the final where she didn't beat a Top 10 player

Sveta is becoming the new Nadia :fiery:

Shonami Slam
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
yeah... davenport, shaui, na, mauresmo and bartoli. perfect examples of cakewalking in tierIIIs and IIs

supergrunt
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:28 PM
yep :p .

The Daviator
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:30 PM
Classic pierce7376489326495 :rolls:

Sveta has faced and beaten Davenport, Hingis, Venus, Mauresmo, Sharapova, Dementieva and many others during her many 'cakewalk' draws this year, so some respect please ;)

hablo
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:31 PM
i can understand pierce0415's frustration, i mean chokomomo is now the new#1 bagel lady :shrug:

new-york
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:34 PM
Tier 3 aren't supposed to offer the biggest competition & a win over Davenport is very decent. Bartoli beat the other top player censed to be the other finalist.

I'm sure you'll agree that Na is far from being a cakewalk and that in order to beat the number 1 player with that scoreline, there must be also something about playing good tennis.

pierce0415
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:34 PM
Classic pierce7376489326495 :rolls:

Sveta has faced and beaten Davenport, Hingis, Venus, Mauresmo, Sharapova, Dementieva and many others during her many 'cakewalk' draws this year, so some respect please ;)

I am just talking about the last 3 events :p
I mean cmon Takao as a R16 opponent in a SUPER TIER III?
Kostanic only plays 3 games in a TIER II?
Martina Muller as a R16 opponent in a SUPER TIER II?
injured Shuai Peng as a SF opponent in a TIER II?
bagel-prone Mauresmo as a F opponent in a TIER II?

these are cakewalks :(

Scots Kim Fan
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:50 PM
I am just talking about the last 3 events :p
I mean cmon Takao as a R16 opponent in a SUPER TIER III?
Kostanic only plays 3 games in a TIER II?
Martina Muller as a R16 opponent in a SUPER TIER II?
injured Shuai Peng as a SF opponent in a TIER II?
bagel-prone Mauresmo as a F opponent in a TIER II?

these are cakewalks :(

It's like any sport, things even themselves out. My football team were probably due a penalty at the weekend but during the course of the season they'll get one they didn't deserve.

So unless you're suggesting the draw is fixed, you're always going to get easy draws at some tournaments and hard ones at others.

VivalaSeles
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I think pierce7653567897675 is trying to raise his TWAT level and status, because he is afraid to lose to Justeenium in the TWAT semifinal. Good strategy :)

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I'm really starting to understand why a certain poster is still left in a certain contest on this board. :tape:
Maybe if the top players would show up after the US Open like they're suppose to do, then her draws would not be as easy.
We just saw Alona win a Tier II and mostly because it was the weakest Tier II on paper this year.
Don't be a :weirdo: and put blame on one person, blame the WTA.

hablo
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I think pierce7653567897675 is trying to raise his TWAT level and status, because he is afraid to lose to Justeenium in the TWAT semifinal. Good strategy :)
my vote will still go to justeenium though :devil:

VivalaSeles
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
By the way, this is the 8 (!!!!!!) thread on page 1 of GM created by TWAT Competition number 2 seed, Mr. pierce65433467987765443 :)

VivalaSeles
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:06 AM
my vote will still go to justeenium though :devil:

Mine as well :devil: TWAT number 2 seed is just trying to gain more exposure :cool: Check the number of threads he has recently created :eek:

pierce0415
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:09 AM
By the way, this is the 8 (!!!!!!) thread on page 1 of GM created by TWAT Competition number 2 seed, Mr. pierce65433467987765443 :)

is it my fault that other posters decide to post in my threads ;) :confused:
also a few of the threads like the Tokyo pictures one are good threads :lol:

VivalaSeles
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:12 AM
is it my fault that other posters decide to post in my threads ;) :confused:
also a few of the threads like the Tokyo pictures one are good threads :lol:

So you acknowledge the other threads are lousy ones :) That is so honest of you :)

pierce0415
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:13 AM
So you aknowledge the other threads are lousy ones :) That is so honest of you :)

they are not lousy ones - they are just ones where I vent my opinion about certain players :devil:

Foot's Fingers
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM
:tape:

beating Linds Momo and Na Li :roleyes:

just check Patty's draw

Orion
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:10 AM
I think there's a certain fear that Kuznetsova will eventually become the most prominent member of the Russian pack, and a lot of people are uncomfortable with that.

Stingray
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Maybe the WTA should start going "No you can't have that many points cos the players u beat were too easy"

Its all relative. Deal with it. There's many a player whose had a golden opportunity of a draw and failed to take advantage.

Shoulderpova
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:54 AM
:weirdo:

mike/topgun
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Blame the competition and the WTA:rolleyes:

Dexter
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:11 AM
she deserves it. Dawaj! :)

Marcus1979
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:17 AM
see here is the con of taking away Quality pts

a player that wins a Tier II event for example beat 2-3 top 10 players

gets the same amount as a player who wins a different Tier II only beating 1 top 20 player or something

not saying Sveta has had cakewalk draws just mentioning the fact.

Equipped
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I think there's a certain fear that Kuznetsova will eventually become the most prominent member of the Russian pack, and a lot of people are uncomfortable with that.

Amen, brother. :worship: (Go Kuzzi!)

silverwhite
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:39 AM
I enjoy some of your posts but this one is just :weirdo:. Davenport and Mauresmo were definitely not easy opponents. Considering that Peng and Li were playing at home and that Bartoli has been in good form, those were tricky matches too.

Carsten
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:47 AM
would you have said the same when she had to play Peschke? I don't understand people blaming the players for their draws... they can't decide who they have to play against....:rolleyes:

Sveta is becoming the new Nadia :fiery:

but she's definitely much better than Nadia ;)

Mr_Molik
Oct 4th, 2006, 11:48 AM
seriously, wtf? she beat the world number 1. enough said.

perseus2006
Oct 4th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Another thread from a fustrated poster whose fave went down in flames to Kuzy!

Best get used to it, pierce!!!

Ryan
Oct 4th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I kind of see where piercedouche3049325079 is coming from in this thread, simply because it doesn't look like a lot of matches she played. Beating Lindsay and Amelie are obviously huge wins, but no one else there is really noteworthy, and in Bali she only played 3 matches really. Luck of the draw, but she earned all those wins nonetheless.

cellophane
Oct 4th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Oh no!!! pierce0415 has a new favourite. :bigcry:

Kunal
Oct 4th, 2006, 01:46 PM
dont be hatin on that....be anticipatin

cuz before u know it she will have 4 straight tournies with the hardest draws u can think of.....luck has a way of balancing out

laurie
Oct 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM

Why?

Kunal
Oct 4th, 2006, 02:02 PM
why should there be a fear?

it would just show that russian tennis is competetive....

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I think Sveta has had mostly tough draws this year, except the FO

Pasta-Na
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM
i find kuz and fran sexy though :D

charmedRic
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:49 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

goldenlox
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Bring on the music, says Kuznetsova

STUTTGART, Oct 4 (Reuters) - The changes sweeping through women's tennis are music to the ears of world number four Svetlana Kuznetsova.

While other top players are cautious about plans to jazz up tournaments for spectators and television viewers, former U.S. Open champion Kuznetsova is right behind the innovations.

"I think it's very important to bring changes to the women's game, to bring more fans to the courts. I think we should try more new things," said Kuznetsova at the Stuttgart Grand Prix, where she is seeded second.

Some players are wary about being interviewed before they walk on court and having music playing during changeovers but the Russian believes they should make a sacrifice for the good of the game.

"I know some players are distracted by having an interview before the match but people like it and this (playing music) is something else they can do for the fans," she told reporters. "I feel very strongly about that. Other sports have grown -- football, basketball, hockey

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Kiera123/gallery_03_08_slide_slide.jpg

Craigy
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Oh well Pierce651295412541625412421548616254.5 just deal with it because most of us don't care :D

Zauber
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:45 PM
more baloney
she beats the number one player in the world in atier 2 a cake walk. be real.
also beats Li Peng Kostanic all good and dangerous players.
what a cake walk
anyways this whole idea that some players win because they have easy draws or
win slams because of the lack of opposition is absurd.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 4th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Poor pierce666, he's faves always get tough draws :sad:

pierce0415
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:22 PM
ahh lucky Sveta gets a tired Jankovic and then either slumping ALG or slumping Nadia I HATE HER NOW

Milito22
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:24 PM
ahh lucky Sveta gets a tired Jankovic and then either slumping ALG or slumping Nadia I HATE HER NOW
:rolleyes: OK

Shonami Slam
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:39 PM
you cry, God laughs.
i bet he's planning the moscow draw as we speak:
rd1. "out for years" bovina
rd.2 "far from old self" serena
QF "slumping" safina
SF "doesn't care for tennis anyways" sharapova
F "can't handle pressure" elenaD
gosh, cakewalk suckass draw, eh?

Pasta-Na
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:41 PM
more baloney
she beats the number one player in the world in atier 2 a cake walk. be real.
also beats Li Peng Kostanic all good and dangerous players.
what a cake walk
anyways this whole idea that some players win because they have easy draws or
win slams because of the lack of opposition is absurd.

peng was injured :o

tenn_ace
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:50 PM

find who fucking cares... :rolleyes:

the only reason you get all these posts in this thread is that your stubborn stupidity amazes a lot of posters. :p

Craigy
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:52 PM
HAHA!

:nerner:

goldenlox
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Eventually, Sveta will play good players who are in good form.
Until then, just win, baby

timafi
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Pierce shut the hell up already :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ballbasher
Oct 6th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Bali SUPER Tier III (SVETA POCKETED 145 POINTS)
1R BYE
2R Takao 6-1 6-2
Q Bremond 6-3 6-2
S Davenport 7-6(4) 7-6(5)
F Bartoli 7-5 6-2

Beijing Tier II (SVETA POCKETED 195 POINTS)
1R BYE
2R Kostanic 2-1 ret.
Q Li 6-4 4-6 6-4 (only match she worked for in Beijing)
S Peng (injured) 6-0 6-2
F Mauresmo (bagel Momo) 6-4 6-0

Stuttgart SUPER Tier II (SVETA WILL POCKED AT LEAST 99 POINTS)
1R BYE
2R Muller 61 64
Q Jankovic (extremely tired, played past midnight, cramping) 64 61
S Slumping Groenefeld or Slumping Petrova :rolleyes:
She'll play Petrova or Hantuchova

Justine Fan
Oct 6th, 2006, 05:15 PM
you cry, God laughs.
QF "slumping" safina

:haha: fabulous!!!!!!!!!

Valou
Oct 6th, 2006, 07:02 PM
But can you explain to me why some of you always answer unpleasantly to pierce0415 ??

No.1Hingis
Oct 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I just wanna say is not her fault.. you know.. theres the oportunity and everybody would take it.. so.. when all top players can be around .. the story for all them will change subtancially.. so.. actually is the top player with best results this month.. she is just doing what she has to do..

vutt
Oct 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM
well, I'm kind of starting to like pierce21542357 whining.
nothing entertains me more :)

Orion
Oct 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Why?

Of the four Russians who emerged in '04, Kuznetsova is the least glamorous, the 2nd least Russian, draws the fewest fans to the game. Myskina, Dementieva, and Sharapova are all very out-there personalities. The fact that Kuznetsova, with a much more private attitude (yet apparently the best press interview...hmmm...) could eclipse them bothers a lot of people, especially Sharapova fans. It's difficult to say that your favorite dominates the tour when it's not even clear that she is the best from her own nation.

Until the US Open this year, Kuznetsova and Sharapova were about even. While Sharapova had more titles, Kuznetsova had an additional slam final, and doubles success to boot. It's really a race to see which of these two (separated in age by what, a year and a half?) accomplishes more, and the fact that Kuznetsova shows herself to have a multi-faceted game capable of beating the worlds best on any surface is a threat to people who, while fans, recognize that Sharapova doesn't have the all-around credentials of Kuznetsova.

Will be interesting to see what happens the next few years.

Corswandt
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Of the four Russians who emerged in '04, Kuznetsova is the least glamorous, the 2nd least Russian, draws the fewest fans to the game. Myskina, Dementieva, and Sharapova are all very out-there personalities. The fact that Kuznetsova, with a much more private attitude (yet apparently the best press interview...hmmm...) could eclipse them bothers a lot of people, especially Sharapova fans. It's difficult to say that your favorite dominates the tour when it's not even clear that she is the best from her own nation.

Until the US Open this year, Kuznetsova and Sharapova were about even. While Sharapova had more titles, Kuznetsova had an additional slam final, and doubles success to boot. It's really a race to see which of these two (separated in age by what, a year and a half?) accomplishes more, and the fact that Kuznetsova shows herself to have a multi-faceted game capable of beating the worlds best on any surface is a threat to people who, while fans, recognize that Sharapova doesn't have the all-around credentials of Kuznetsova.

Will be interesting to see what happens the next few years.

Bias and wishful thinking trying to pass as "analysis".

I think it's more of a case of you being bothered that your beloved Sveta now has a lot of catching up to do on Maria not only on public notoriety (in what would always be an uneven, almost unwinnable fight) but also on results at major tournaments.

The USO probably provided a few hints about how 2007-2008 will be. The players who dominated the Tour from mid 2005 onwards won't do so for much longer. 2007-2008 may see Clijsters out, Mauresmo very vulnerable, JHH falling apart on the later stages of major tournaments. And I suppose that, for you, it's very hard to swallow that it was Maria, and not Sveta, who came out on top on the curtain raiser.

And no way things were even before the USO; Maria had already been #1.

PLP
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:38 PM
you cry, God laughs.
QF "slumping" safina
:lol: well Bovina is out know (shocker!) but The 2nd rd w/ Rena could still happen!

Shonami Slam
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:18 PM
:lol: well Bovina is out know (shocker!) but The 2nd rd w/ Rena could still happen!

don't worry - she's replaced by "just a stupid junior" pavlyuchenkova

Orion
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Bias and wishful thinking trying to pass as "analysis".

I think it's more of a case of you being bothered that your beloved Sveta now has a lot of catching up to do on Maria not only on public notoriety (in what would always be an uneven, almost unwinnable fight) but also on results at major tournaments.

The USO probably provided a few hints about how 2007-2008 will be. The players who dominated the Tour from mid 2005 onwards won't do so for much longer. 2007-2008 may see Clijsters out, Mauresmo very vulnerable, JHH falling apart on the later stages of major tournaments. And I suppose that, for you, it's very hard to swallow that it was Maria, and not Sveta, who came out on top on the curtain raiser.

And no way things were even before the USO; Maria had already been #1.

The section you bolded has me confused. Was that the primary point you were trying to refute, or...?

Well, on to the matter at hand: You are right, there is going to be a large vacuum in the tour in the upcoming years. Mauresmo is getting older, Henin is physically prone to minor death, Clijsters is less and less interested in actually winning, the Williams' may never return full strength, Davenport has another season at best, Pierce was a flash in the pan, Dementieva and Myskina are falling behind, and the younger players that haven't established themselves (Ivanovic, Jankovic, Vaidisova, etc.) are extremely patchy, mentally and game-wise.

But the two younger players who have solidified their place and established themselves as top ten, even top five talents are: Kuznetsova and Sharapova.

By no means do I think it's a foregone conclusion that Kuznetsova will eclipse Sharapova; there's a lot to be said for it to go the other way around. For one thing, Sharapova is clearly the steadier player (mentally) of the two right now. There's more maturity to Sharapova's game.

However, while I don't think it's definite that Kuznetsova will be the top Russian, I think it's very likely. She may not have developed her game as much as Sharapova, but she has a lot more depth of play than Sharapova. We're looking at a player who has the game to succeed on EVERY surface, and has more than a baseline wham-bam-thank you, ma'am style of play. And yes, I know there's more to the "big babe" tennis style than that, but if a player can do that and then some, why are we arguing?

If you think of the US Open as the curtain riser (is that even an expression?) for the next generation of women's tennis, then sure, Sharapova is at the forefront. Really though, she and Kuznetsova are still playing second fiddle (actually, third and fourth fiddle) to the French-speakers domination of the tour.

And no, I am not particularly upset that Kuznetsova didn't win the US Open. My emotions are not centered around tennis. It's a hobby. In addition, it would have been premature. She's not an early bloomer. Nor am I upset at all that Kuznetsova isn't a media darling. The two most famous reclusive champions I can think of? Pete Sampras and Steffi Graf. In no way do I think Kuznetsova will have a career to rival either of them, but if she can keep her eye on the prize, she's got what it takes to be a dominant figure.

I see no need to denegrate Sharapova's accomplishments. She's done more than I ever could have coming from her situation. She also plays extraordinarily well for someone whose game has so little variety. And that's not an insult, that's a compliment. Of all the "big-babe" players to explode from Florida in the past ten years, Sharapova easily has the most promise. But if you were to count their record in slams right now, Kuznetsova wins. Sharapova has been world number 1, and has two singles slams, but Kuznetsova is a champion in both singles and doubles, and has succeeded on a much greater variety of surface than Sharapova. If you were a young player deciding who to model my game after to maximize success, who would you choose?

P.S. That was one of the most intelligently written rebuttal posts I've read in a long time, Corswandt! Good to have people like you keeping me sharp.

Orion
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Oh, also, that's an awesome Avatar (is that what the little pictures are called) of Jana. One of the more interesting tennis photographs, drama-wise.

Corswandt
Oct 6th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Oh, also, that's an awesome Avatar (is that what the little pictures are called) of Jana. One of the more interesting tennis photographs, drama-wise.

A real life happy end, for once. And when I had already stopped believing it could happen.

Corswandt
Oct 7th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Well, on to the matter at hand: You are right, there is going to be a large vacuum in the tour in the upcoming years. Mauresmo is getting older, Henin is physically prone to minor death, Clijsters is less and less interested in actually winning, the Williams' may never return full strength, Davenport has another season at best, Pierce was a flash in the pan, Dementieva and Myskina are falling behind, and the younger players that haven't established themselves (Ivanovic, Jankovic, Vaidisova, etc.) are extremely patchy, mentally and game-wise.

People tend to label the period from mid 2005 up to now as a transitional stage, but I think it witnessed a clear domination by the three best players of its day: the Belgians and Mauresmo.

I feel it's the next couple of seasons that will indeed be a transitional stage, much like 2000-2003 were on the ATP (during those years the ATP witnessed a brief domination by Hewitt, a hard working, opportunistic player of middling talent, but that doesn't chance the real nature of that period - once the real deal emerged Hewitt, just like most of the other lucky champions of the time, was toast).

I may be going too far here, but what I'm beginning to believe (these thoughts of mine are still very much a work in progress) is that 2007-2008, with the Belgians and Mauresmo on the wane and Davenport and Pierce definitively out, will see several fluke-y, borderline random deep runs at major tournaments, maybe even finals and victories, by unexpected players. Jankovic at the USO may have been one of the first examples of this. Some of those good runs may come from youngsters for whom everything clicked together for a couple of weeks, others from the last hurrahs of wily veterans taking advantage of good draws, retirements and/or flaky opposition to go surprisingly deep even into Slams.

Looking at the coming years as a duel between Sharapova and Kuznetsova, as you do, or as the affirmation of Ivanovic and Vaidisova, and many do and I hope (wishful thinking ;) ), is probably over-simplifying things.

If you think of the US Open as the curtain riser (is that even an expression?)

Yes, it is:

curtain raiser

NOUN:

1. A short play or skit presented before the principal dramatic production.
2. A preliminary event.

Nor am I upset at all that Kuznetsova isn't a media darling. The two most famous reclusive champions I can think of? Pete Sampras and Steffi Graf. In no way do I think Kuznetsova will have a career to rival either of them, but if she can keep her eye on the prize, she's got what it takes to be a dominant figure.

Sveta isn't merely reclusive, she's repulsive. Unmarketable by definition. Dominating the game won't do anything to change that.

But if you were to count their record in slams right now, Kuznetsova wins. Sharapova has been world number 1, and has two singles slams, but Kuznetsova is a champion in both singles and doubles, and has succeeded on a much greater variety of surface than Sharapova.

Sharapova has reached the QFs of every Slam at least twice, and won Slams on two different surfaces. Kuznetsova hasn't. And nobody cares about doubles.

Slam records, if Sharapova's two wins don't settle the matter:

Sharapova 16 played, 2 QFs, 5 semis, 2 wins [QF or better 9 out of 16]
Kuznetsova 18 played, 3 QFs, 1 final, 1 win [QF or better 5 out of 18]

If you were a young player deciding who to model my game after to maximize success, who would you choose?

http://www.davidnalbandian.net/images/pop_nal.jpg

Fat, lazy guy who likes fast cars, women and eating beef; consistent underachiever, wasting perhaps the smoothest game tennis has ever seen, yet still makes buckets of €€€. Best role model I can imagine.

prowler
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Sveta isn't merely reclusive, she's repulsive. Unmarketable by definition. Dominating the game won't do anything to change that.

I do think calling somebody repulsive....is a bit too much! OK maybe she isn't your fashionable 'babe magnet' (thank god)...but come on! I really do hope she never reads this Board, although I think she's sufficently mature, and gracious enough to overlook such a moronic description.

Corswandt
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:16 AM
I do think calling somebody repulsive....is a bit too much! OK maybe she isn't your fashionable 'babe magnet' (thank god)...but come on! I really do hope she never reads this Board, although I think she's sufficently mature, and gracious enough to overlook such a moronic description.

On prize money alone, Sveta is close to making 2 million USD this season. I'm pretty sure that she doesn't give a flying fuck about what some dork on the web thinks of her.

Orion
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:34 AM
http://www.davidnalbandian.net/images/pop_nal.jpg

Fat, lazy guy who likes fast cars, women and eating beef; consistent underachiever, wasting perhaps the smoothest game tennis has ever seen, yet still makes buckets of €€€. Best role model I can imagine.

Touche.

;)

No, I totally see where you're coming from. And I agree that the next few years will be put up or shut up time for the young brigade.

And I care about double :sad:

Well, let's see what happens, and in the meantime, beat the crap out of each other's posts. :D

Off for the weekend, all!

Enjoy!

pcrtennis
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Kuznetsova has the most annoying perosnality of all the Russians...(ofcourse not qualifying SHarapova as a Russian, she's a semi-Russian.)

St.Sebastian
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Pierce2e2r423r523 troll :weirdo:

Scots Kim Fan
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Kuznetsova has the most annoying perosnality of all the Russians...(ofcourse not qualifying SHarapova as a Russian, she's a semi-Russian.)

Annoying in what way? :confused:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM
On prize money alone, Sveta is close to making 2 million USD this season. I'm pretty sure that she doesn't give a flying fuck about what some dork on the web thinks of her.
true that :worship: :bounce:

WIMBLY2004
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
And I care about double :sad:

Well, double should be counted as one's achievement, but can only be counted as a far less achievement compared to single, you just can't compared these two as the same, do you really believe Paola Suárez (8 double slams) is greater than Justine Henin-Hardenne (5 single slams) :rolleyes: