PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Williams Sisters withdrawals?

LH2HBH
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
What do you think of the Williams Sisters withdrawals?

Are you frustrated, because I am! Why is it happening?

I know Lindsay has spoken out about being forced to enter tournaments. Do you think it's the same situation here?

Tel
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
Couldn’t give a monkeys.

Apoorv
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
their injuries are hurting their careers, their fans, tennis and esp. WTA.

V-MAC
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:45 PM
At the moment, I'm not at all frustrated about Venus as we know that she is injured and so that is it, have to accept it :shrug:

LH2HBH
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:47 PM
Yes Venus seems to be really injured :(

Viktymise
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:47 PM
If there injured theres nothing anyone can do bout it, bitching about it aint gonna help

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:58 PM
This thread seems rather redundant because I have never thought of the fans at this board as being unable to voice their opinions on anything and we are all well aware of the negativity that either Venus or Serena receives when they withdraw, are injured, are seen on the red carpet, beach, on the court with the wrong hairstyle, etc. :shrugs:

I want to see Serena and Venus on the court but I'm not frustrated. I'd rather they be on the court at their full potential and capacity. The bitching and moaning that goes on with everything Williams would only continue at another angle if they appeared and were injured or if they lost so it's a can't win situation sometimes with some folks.

dreamgoddess099
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:19 PM
I think it takes strong character to do what is best for you and your career despite the negative press and disappointment of fans. Athletes are mortal people just like everyone else, sometimes you have to make not so popular decisions. You gotta do what you gotta do to take care of yourself.

vwfan
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
I am a diehard fan of Venus and believe that she really wants to play tennis. She has played injured before and realizes that no one wins when she does. Sh has had one injury after another, preventing her from getting back into any kind of rhythm. But when on, she is always, always a contender for whatever title and whatever player.

I believe that she is an athlete at heart and really wants to get back to a regular schedule.

She is, to my mind, just about the best thing about the tour!

So, am I frustrated: yes!

But forever a fan I will be. :bounce:

supergrunt
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:11 PM
It really upsets me :sad: becusae I get excited but they are doing what is best for them :)