PDA

View Full Version : Serena likely to receive WC for Moscow

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:54 AM
Today I listened to Radio Sport FM (Russian radio station) as they were talking to Tarpischev who said, "WTA asked us [Kremlin Cup organizers] to give wild card to Serena Williams. We will come to decision tomorrow". Other wild cards are going to Elena Bovina and Vera Dushevina.

It would be great to see Serena in Moscow but I'm not sure if she really is going to play. I mean, she just withdrew from Stuttgart with no certain reason. :confused:

Dunlop1
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:18 AM
No they shouldn't give her a wildcard. Qualies or bust Serena. She isn't too good to play qualies. She needs to work for it this time. No special treatment. Why should she get a wildcard anyway? The draw has big names so there is no pressure for the tournament to get her in.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
she would more than likely get a WC

Foot's Fingers
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:51 AM
ohhhh no

Jaffas85
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:52 AM
Is Serena a former champion there?

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:02 AM
she would more than likely get a WC

I know she will definetely get the wild card. But since it's still "unofficial" I prefer to write she likely to receive WC.

And no, Jaffas,
Serena hasn't won Moscow. She's played Kremlin Cup only once in 1997 coming through qualifications and losing in the main draw 1st round.

bellascarlett
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:13 AM
how many wc were given to russian girls? and normally how many do they give out to their own players?

AnnaK_4ever
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
how many wc were given to russian girls? and normally how many do they give out to their own players?

Bovina and Dushevina received wild cards. And Serena might have Gold Exempt status, I suppose.

kadirelf
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:41 PM
yes serena gooooooooooooooo

moscow final

serena vs venus

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee not withdraw venus

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
Serena Williams should never have to play another qualifying round during or after her career is over. Multiple Grand Slam Champions should never be made to play a qualifying event. She has earned that privilage many times over.

olivia100
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
yes serena gooooooooooooooo

moscow final

serena vs venus

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee not withdraw venus

YOu do realize that Venus is injured right?

serenafan08
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
Was there any reason given for her pulling out of Stuttgart?

Shonami Slam
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:02 PM
that's mostly bad for pavlyuchenkova.

MH0861
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:19 PM
Serena should only play qualies if she wants to - I don't really think she's lacking in match play so she should definitely get a WC. She brings buzz and interest wherever she goes.

Lulu.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:40 PM
They better give her a WC if she wants one. She is Serena Williams she doesnt play qualies :rolleyes:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
No they shouldn't give her a wildcard. Qualies or bust Serena. She isn't too good to play qualies. She needs to work for it this time. No special treatment. Why should she get a wildcard anyway? The draw has big names so there is no pressure for the tournament to get her in.

Who the f*ck are you to say what she needs to work for? She has been #1 in the world has 7 GS titles several tier I titles and an Olympic gold medal. She has done a lot for women's tennis, she's definitely entitled to a wild card.

starr
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:51 PM
The tournament director might want to have certainty she will show up before giving out a wild card to her.

dreamgoddess099
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
The only way Serena's coming close to playing qualies is if she wants to play them.

Il Primo!
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
They better give her a WC if she wants one. She is Serena Williams she doesnt play qualies :rolleyes:

I second that

SerenaSlam
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
i think it is up to serena, b/c serena i feel will just not play the tournament in the sense and it is somewhat true, that its the tournies loss. its serena, whether she is number 1 or trying to make a "comeback" her story is always "that important"

they will probably give her one, and if not, look for serena not to enter, i think that may just be what happend in stuggart. don't know though

SerenaSlam
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
Who the f*ck are you to say what she needs to work for? She has been #1 in the world has 7 GS titles several tier I titles and an Olympic gold medal. She has done a lot for women's tennis, she's definitely entitled to a wild card.
im like you, and i don't want to sound mean, but if you put serena in the qualies, where is the "work" that she needs to put forth?

Viktymise
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Wow so Bovina is actually going to play :D

thiaela
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:03 PM
She would taken WC