PDA

View Full Version : Rankings Mistake??

josemanuel
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:54 AM
I just realised that in the 10000k futures sometimes qualifiers earn those 0.75 points without playing a match!!! I find it quite unfair because a first round losser doesn´t even get points and that tournament doesn´t count for them; but if u were suppossed to play the qualy, qualify for MD without playing a match (because a few players decided to play the qualy) and lose in the first round, u get that 0.75 points. I checked it with some players like Amber Liu and Estefania Craciun, who was a late entry in Guadalajara 2 weeks ago and earned qualy points without playing a match!!! What do u think guys??

Slumpsova
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
you should ask TBE :shrug:

GoDominique
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah I think that has happened before.

But with the new ranking system that's probably coming for 2007 there won't be any points for 10K qualies anyway so ...

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
for some 10k tourns they get given quali pts cos the WTA doesnt "check up" to see if they actually played a match.
they given drawsheets and that player has a Q next to them on sheet so they give pts.

its happened alot in the past too :o
but it will end soon :)

dumb
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:18 PM
terrible..don't even talk to me about the rankings...just the other day at work i was saying to my mate...what do you think about those wta rankings? he never answered me...so he mustn't like it either