PDA

View Full Version : Among the slamless player right now... you wish who to win at least one?

hu2891601
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:29 AM
So, among the slamless players right now, which player do you hope the most that she will be able to win at least one grand slam before she retires or in the future?

well, my pick would be Schnyder... she has her unique style and a lot varieties too. and she's been in the top 10 for a long time too. it's kinda a pity for her not to win a slam her entire career..

LH2HBH
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:59 AM
Schnyder is not a big tournament player. She was never destined for Slam greatness. She is ranked so high because she can throw a good opponent off on the right day, gets deep into tournaments and wins the odd title. I just don't see her beating 3 Top 10 players in a row, which in a slam you have to be able to do on the biggest stages.

Now someone who is slam material who I would love to see pull it together is Nadia Petrova. She has her mental issues but she definitely has the game.

RR-87
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:02 AM
Petrova :) and I'm sure she'll win couple of Slams ;) :yeah:

also Dementieva :)

Hardiansf
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:11 AM
Li Na and Jankovic

:inlove:
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:22 AM
Everyone in my sig that is slamless. :)

Viktymise
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:24 AM
Dementieva deserves it the most, best player without a slam right now, has the weapons and has been oh so close before it would be a real shame if she retired without one :sad:

Goai
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:37 AM
Dementieva should win one to fulfill her potential. Would love Sugiyama to shock the tennis world and win Wimbledon though :devil:

kittyking
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
Dementieva, Zvonareva, Petrova, Vaidisova

DutchieGirl
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:40 AM
Hmm well, it asks who we WISH to win one so: Schnyder and Krajicek. :devil: And Koukalova too - would be nice, but there's no way in hell that's gonna happen. :lol:

Miranda
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:41 AM
dementieva :hearts:

rockstar
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:50 AM
petrova will most likely will once she gets her form back, and dementieva if she doesn't double fault that often :o

bellascarlett
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:52 AM
Dementieva of course. You just wonder if she will ever get that elusive first slam. :sad:

Ferosh
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:54 AM
Petrova & Dementieva

Kimster
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:04 AM
Elena Dementieva would deserve it. :angel:

Kimster
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:05 AM
Everyone in my sig that is slamless. :)

Wanted to give you a good rep for this but they didn't let me. :o :kiss:

skanky~skanketta
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:49 AM
Elena Dementieva. only because she's actually made 2 finals. but she's probably the streakiest 2 time slam finalist.

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:51 AM
ai sugiyama

Williams Rulez
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:03 AM
myself ;)

Filippo-Nastya
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:16 AM
Dementieva

TaliaSecondServe
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:19 AM
Dementieva.
She usually does rather good at Slams, at least at USO and RG probably. She can play really solid time to time and beat any of the top player... I think her real potential is to win one single slam, when everything come together (luck, best form etc). But she's very unconsistent so she won't be able to gain more than one, that's for sure (for me).

DarkchildSwiss
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM
Lena D and Patty

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:46 AM
I wished Nadia Petrova could return to her form earlier this year and win one. She's too good a player not to win one.

Pheobo
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:50 AM
Dementieva and Molik.

saki
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:14 AM
There are a few talented players who haven't won Slams - Patty, Lena D, Nadia, Jankovic, Ivanovic - but, honestly, I don't want any of them to win one without doing what they all should have done some time ago and sorted out their weaknesses. With Patty, Jankovic and Nadia, it's largely mental - even before her run on clay this year Nadia was playing very close matches in Slam QFs, she just wasn't winning them, Patty hardly seems to try at the latter stages of Slams, Jankovic is too much of a drama queen to take responsibility for her game. Ivanovic and Lena D just don't seem willing or able to change the problems with their games or find consistency.

Jankovic and Petrova will sort themselves out at some point and deservedly win Slams but I don't see the others doing so.

Natalicious
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
dementieva & ivanovic :worship: :worship:

shirley
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:16 AM
Vera Zvonareva

.Andrew.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:00 PM
Lena D!!! :hearts:

mrs.nadal
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Lena D!!! :hearts:

:yeah:

cometz9
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:03 PM
Lena D :sobbing:

dumb
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:05 PM
there's no point me naming all the players i would like to see winning a slam...because they won't

Equipped
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:06 PM
I'd like to see Alicia Molik come back and take the Aussie Open!

new-york
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:13 PM
Demented. :)

hingis'boyfriend
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:16 PM
SuperAnne! :D

(Anne Keothavong)

!<blocparty>!
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
I definitely think Nadia can win a slam... her clay run this year told me that. It's just a matter of breaking through those mental barriers... she'll do really well if she wins two throughout her career IMO.

*Jankovic - she has the talent to win multiple slams but is she willing to really put the work in to reach that level? I'm not sure. (Doesn't practice enough nor go to the gym... she goes jogging sometimes when she feels like it) Mental issues again, too.

Vaidisova will win slams, *Ana I may win a couple but they need to mature first.

Dementieva won't win one - she can barely string 7 wins in a row on the tour nevermind doing it at a slam. Her USO QF performance this year was shocking... you just can't have horrendous off days like that at your best slam and expect to come through.

*Tati - can't see winning a slam. :sad:

*wishes. ;)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Hantuchova... I don't know why... maybe it's just to complete my signature :lol:

But I would also like Ivanovic and Jelena to win it.... ;)

Daniel25
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:33 PM
1. Dementieva
2. Schnyder
3. Petrova
4. Vaidisova
5. Ivanovic
6. Krajicek

pierce0415
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:40 PM
1 Na Li
2 Elena Dementieva

DragonFlame
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
just need to say 1 word, elena :o please step it up! do it for yourself and your fans! :bounce:

blumaroo
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
Petrova - She's more complete than Elena D. And she has a very big chance of winning RG. Winning those clay titles with solid clay tennis was not a fluke.

Jankovic - Mostly mental with her.I think she will breakthrough when she plays more against top players.

I'm not so sure about Dementieva. She barely has the consistency to win regular tourneys let alone a slam.

miffedmax
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:04 PM
Lena D. Although at this point my dreams of her winning a major seem about as likely to come true as the actual dream I had where she was hitting me with a loaf of onion bread.

Libertango
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:06 PM
Li Na and Jankovic

:eek: I was going to write those exact words! :worship:

No Name Face
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
Dementieva.

will it happen? no.

Matze
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Players who definetly have the game to win a slam are Tati, Nadia, Elena D, Nicole and Jelena Jankovic...

Maybe:

Ana I: She has to get better physical strength!
ALG: The right coach could learn her how to do some serious damage.... She is tactical and mental not at her peak, but she has some delicious net-play and really some huge, huge groundies!

Paul.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:39 PM
i would love to see the sneeders win a slam. that is one of my tennis dreams!! can you imagine many people would have to eat their words?! imagine if she beat someone like sharapova in the final ;)

i would love to see zheng and golovin win one. i think golovin really has the potential but i feel that zheng will only reach some quarter finals :sad:

AJZ.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:45 PM
Elena Dementieva and Nadia Petrova have the potential to, so does Jankovic.
And like someone else said, I would love to see Sugi shock the tennis world :hearts: (But it's unlikely :sad:)