PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Kirilenko?

tennisIlove09
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:15 AM
She seems to be struggling ... any idea's why?

stevos
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:16 AM
She seems to be the one to upset these days. I dont consider beating her an upset anymore lately though... :rolleyes: She better pick it up.

ezekiel
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:20 AM
she got out of shape to put it mildly

Derek.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:24 AM
She had a few bad losses and that took a lot of her confidence.

She started having serving problems and now she just can't close out a match. :(

ezekiel
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:29 AM
if you stop staring at the boobs, you'll see the problem
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/a4/full.getty-tennis-jpn-rus-kirilenko_5_35_22_am.jpg

njnetswill
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:52 AM
She and Jankovic exchanged souls.

PatrickRyan
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:54 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/a4/full.getty-tennis-jpn-rus-kirilenko_5_35_22_am.jpg
:drool: she has great boobs

Langers
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:57 AM
Rubbish. How could you possibly say she is "out of shape"?

Derek.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:58 AM

If you're referring to her fitness, then you are way off. :rolleyes:

hablo
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:04 AM
I don't think fitness is the problem either.

ezekiel
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:05 AM
Rubbish. How could you possibly say she is "out of shape"?

She has some flab around and when I saw her play in Montreal, she was moving very sluggishly compared to earlier in the year, for example in Miami

Talita Kumi
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:07 AM
who knows...........:sobbing:

Ryan
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:10 AM
She has some flab around and when I saw her play in Montreal, she was moving very sluggishly compared to earlier in the year, for example in Miami

Oh my god, you're kidding me right? Kirilenko is NOT out of shape. That picture doesn't tell you anything about her fitnes, especially since she's in motion AND hitting the ground with some impact. She's just mentally not there, making more tactical mistakes than usual. Her stamind might not be as good, but she is definately fit.

crazyroberto6767
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:14 AM
Her stamina has never been something to rave about, especially compared to the rest of her game. I saw her practicing @ the USO and she was definitely looking very fit. She moved as well as one can during a hitting session IMO. I'm guessing it's mental, like others have said. This is a big issue, especially considering her game takes more thinking than most of the tour's.

njnetswill
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:18 AM
All the slumping players (Kirilenko, Groenefeld, Dulko, Benesova etc.) have the GAME to do better. It is just about the mental side of it.

selyoink
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:52 AM
She is probably suffering from a lack of confidence. Or maybe she is just tired from the long season. Only she knows probably.

Martian Jeza
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:32 AM
I know about physical side, she struggled a long time with her left knee : it seems it's not 100% cured... Kirilenko's slump is realy sad : she has a nice game to watch to and also she has grace on court... The only thing I hope is that she gets asap her head back together and show us her real game level...

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:08 PM
Every player has slumps

The_Pov
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM
She is probably suffering from a lack of confidence. Or maybe she is just tired from the long season. Only she knows probably.

I don't think it's beause she's tired because this slump started at the start of the clay court season. It's totally mental, she completely breaks down when she is closing out a match.

My one thing that is bothering me is that at the start of the year she was threatening players like Davenport and Big Masha and now she is overpowered by most players in the top 100.

lilimi
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:07 PM
i think it's mental. masha had gained some weight (she was really thin)but she's still one of the best athletes on tour.she's far from being fat and at least now she has boobs:lol:
seriously, i dont know what's happening to her. her game is so great....

rockstar
Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:15 PM
i think it's mental. masha had gained some weight (she was really thin)but she's still one of the best athletes on tour.she's far from being fat and at least now she has boobs:lol:
seriously, i dont know what's happening to her. her game is so great....

you do know the masha stands for MAria SHArapova right?

lilimi
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:10 PM
:tape: no , for me masha stands for all russian marias :) i hate ''makiri", reminds me of 'la vache qui rit' (the laughing cow cheese)
i call sharapova masha beacause she's called maria, the same for kirilenko. here we talk about kirilenko, so MASHA=Maria Kirilenko, the best masha for me :)

thiaela
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:11 PM
I don't think that her boots be her problem

Marcus Jordan
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:19 PM
Some players don't have the motivation to push through the fatigue barrier late in the year. Its no shame, she will get better at that mental side as the years go on.

lilimi
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:25 PM
:shrug: :smash: you badrepped me just for this? moreover you're wrong :tape: :lol: OMG!

hablo
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
:tape: no , for me masha stands for all russian marias :) i hate ''makiri", reminds me of 'la vache qui rit' (the laughing cow cheese)
i call sharapova masha beacause she's called maria, the same for kirilenko. here we talk about kirilenko, so MASHA=Maria Kirilenko, the best masha for me :)
me too :rolls:

Fantastic
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:48 PM
The problem is that Kirilenko has a similar game style to Kournikova, and not much imagination. When she was winning, she improved her shots and that was good enough to beat opponents who'd never played her before. But she then needed to improve her game plan as well. Kournikova also went on a tear when she improved her shots in 1998. But then the other players caught on to how she played and started to mow her down. Kournikova still had most of her shots but she played the same way every time and players kept beating her time after time. I can see that a similar thing is happening to Kirilenko. Tennis is such a mental sport as well. With some girls, the mental game is instinctive (Hingis, Sharapova, Davenport) and with some it's something they've worked hard at developing (Henin-Hardenne, Mauresmo, Williams sisters) but when it's neither instinctive nor something you can admit, it tugs at your confidence.

ALG~FAN
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:53 PM
:haha: Really? Are you serious? No donít tell me. :haha:

azdaja
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:56 PM
it doesn't ;)

Helen Lawson
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
I'm to the point where I don't even want to look at her results anymore. Poor Little Masha!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I haven't seen her play since the beginning of the year. Maybe it's mental like people are saying. Also, she has no power at all, and she's no Martina Hingis in the brains department, maybe the other players have gotten used to her and just are routinely blowing her away now. It was so promising this year, I'm so sad. We need to give Little Masha a big hug and hope for a better next year! :hearts: :hearts: :kiss:

Derek.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:14 PM
I'm to the point where I don't even want to look at her results anymore. Poor Little Masha!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I haven't seen her play since the beginning of the year. Maybe it's mental like people are saying. Also, she has no power at all, and she's no Martina Hingis in the brains department, maybe the other players have gotten used to her and just are routinely blowing her away now. It was so promising this year, I'm so sad. We need to give Little Masha a big hug and hope for a better next year! :hearts: :hearts: :kiss:

No one's routinely blowing her away.

That's exaggerating things just a bit. ;)

Maria has had leads in her last three losses.

She can't close out a match it seems.

frenchie
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:18 PM
She IS in good shape!
more a mental problem IMO

The_Pov
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
No one's routinely blowing her away.

That's exaggerating things just a bit. ;)

Maria has had leads in her last three losses.

She can't close out a match it seems.

I've noticed that she panicks as she gets nearer to closing out the match and she starts making too many errors and going for too much when she should be holding back.

ANz
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:34 PM
My best guess would be that this all tarted after her Fed Cup loss. She was not set to play this match. And it was a key match.

star
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:14 AM

:spit: okay now that's all I'll ever think of :lol:

Dan23
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Fed Cup was where Maria's problems began this year...whether it was a blow to her confidence I dont know. Shes hardly overweight or even much bigger than she normally is.

As said before she was in a strong position in her last few matches but fell over when the match was there for her to win. Especially on serve her confidence goes right away. Maria has always been this way but when the losses build up like this it gets harder. I think she can break the slump and with only a few tournaments to go the break will be the time for her to recover.

btw I also dont like the term 'Makiri' :o

Joana
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:51 AM
btw I also dont like the term 'Makiri' :o

It's :weirdo: and by that I don't mean weird.

.Andrew.
Oct 4th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Maria K! :sad: Please start winning matches again! :hearts: :drool:

Wiggly
Oct 4th, 2006, 01:19 AM
All the slumping players (Kirilenko, Groenefeld, Dulko, Benesova etc.) have the GAME to do better. It is just about the mental side of it.

I agreeť The girls were doing great and then ... SLUMP.