PDA

View Full Version : YOUR WEEKLY STATS: Girls who reached their highest ranking As of octopber, 2006

fredbdx
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:45 PM
TOP 200 STAT
In red, girls who are under 20

SAFINA Dinara -Russia -20 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:10
BARTOLI Marion -France -22 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:22
CHAKVETADZE Anna -Russia -19 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:23
BONDARENKO Alona -Ukraine -22 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:33
POUTCHKOVA Olga -Russia -19 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:58
RADWANSKA Agnieska -Poland -17 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:66
LEPCHENKO Varvara -Uzbekhistan -20 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:84
FLIPKENS Kirsten -Belgium -20 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:97
WOZNIAK Aleksandra -Canada -19 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:103
OPZILER Tzipora -Israel -33 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:105
BRIANTI Alberta Italy -26 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:111
KNAPP Karin -Italy -19 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:127
TAMAELA Elise -Netherlands -22 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:137
SAKOWICZ Joanna -Poland -22 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:139
MATEI Simona -Romania -21 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:145
CHAKHNASHVILI Margalita -Romania -23 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:146
MALEK Tatjana -Germany -19 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:150
CHAN Chi Wei -Taipei -21 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:152
PASZEK Tamira -Austria -15 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:158
HISAMATSU Shiho -Japan -27 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:161
ERRANI Sara -Italy -19 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:163
FEDOSSOVA Yulia -FRANCE -18 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:166
MORITA Ayumi -Japan -16 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:171
NAMIGATA Junri -Japan -24 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:185
CHEN Yanchong -China -19 y.o -NEW HIGHEST RANKING:197

My comments:

Alona BONDARENKO: Breakthrough week for Alona who captured her 1rst WTA tour title last week at Luxembourg Tier II. She ousted 8th seed/n18 Pierce en route and 5th seed/n14 Schiavone in final. She's up 29 spots and she's breaking the Top 40.

Olga POUTCHKOVA: Olga keeps rising in the world ranking week after week. She's up 7 places this week after reaching the QF at Guangzhou Tier III upsetting n50 Kostanic en route -(dropping on ly 2 games) before falling to 3rd seed/n26 and eventual winner compatriot Chakvetadze.

Agniska RADWANSKA: She's definitively one of the revelation of the year. That teenage was only ranked n315 at the end of last year and she's already breaking the Top 70! Last wek, she was Semi finalist at Luxembourg Tier II as a qualifer! She ousted former n1 Venus Willimas and Top seed/n6 Dementieva en route before losing to 5th seed/n14 Schiavone in 3 sets.

Aleksandra WOZNIAK: Last week , Aleksandra won her 2nd ITF title of the year at Ashland $50K upsetting Top seed/n67 en route. She's now 3 spots from the Top 100.

Tzipora OBZILER: At the age of 33, Tzipora reached her ever 1rst SF on the WTA Tour! Last week at Guangzhou, she ousted 7th seed/n51 Vesnina and 2nd seed/n20 Li before losing to 4th seed/n31 Medina Garrigues in 3 sets.

Karin KNAPP: Step by step, Karin is starting to make her reputation on the tour. Last week, she bravely competed at Luxembourg Tier II reacheing the 2nd rd as a qualifer. In the qualies, she ousted 8th seed/n81 Bychkova. After qualifying, she performed her ever best victory over 7th seed/n17 Groenefeld before losing to n73 and eventual semi finalist Peschke.

Simona MATEI: Simona won her 2nd ITF title of the year at Lecce $25K ousting top seed/n129 Nagy en route. She also reached the 2nd rd at Biella $50K upsetting n150 Chakhnashvili before losing to top seed/n46 Oprandi.

Tatjana MALEK: Tatjna is breaking the Top 150 this week after qualifying at Luxembourg Tier II. In the qualies, she ousted french rising star 2nd seed/n60 Rezai and 6th seed/n68 sucha before falling to another qualifer in the main draw n100 Vinci.

Shiho HISAMATSU: That double handed both sides player reached her ever best ranking this week after 2 good results.First she won Ibaraki $25K 2 weeks ago, andshe also made it to the SF at Tokyo Challenger $50K last week where she ousted 3rd seed/n181 Fuda before losing to Top seed/n138 Chan in 3 sets.

Ayumi MORITA: That promising teenager is also a duble handed both side player. she won her 2nd ITF title last week at Tokyo $50K upsetting 4th seed/n232 Shikha Uberoi, 6th seed/n209 Namigata and Top seed/n138 Chan. she's now the 2nd best ranked player born in 1990 (Paszek 1rst).

Junri NAMIGATA: Another jampene girl is reaching her best ranking after a good run at Tokyo $50K challengre. She reached the SF ousting 2nd seed/n141 Takao before losing to 8th seed/n210 and eventual winner Morita.

Yanchong CHEN: As WC at Guangzhou Tier III, Yanchiong surprisingly reached the QF ousting n79 Czink and 8th seed/n63 Yakimova before batling but losing in 3 sets to 4th seed/n31 Medina Garrigues.

FASTER MOVERS IN THE TOP 10, 20, 50, 100, 150, 200:

TOP 10:
Dinara SAFINA n10 (+1): Dinara is breaking the Top 10 for the 1rst time and reache dher ever best ranking without playing last week. She benefits from Vaidisova who fall from 2 places. dinara is steadily rising in the world ranking. she finished n)20 at the 2005 year ending and expect to finish in the Top 10 this year.

TOP 20:
Lindsay DAVENPORT n11 (+1), Francesca SCHIAVONE n13 (+1), Mary PIERCE n17 (+1): Francesca is the only one to rise due to good results (she was runer up at Luxembourg Tier II last week. Lindsay didn't play but overtakes Vaidisova and Mary, despite an early loss at Luxembourg vs surprising winner Alona Bondarenko, is up one place too.

TOP 50:
Alona BONDARENKO n33 (+29): see above.

TOP 100:
Agnieska RADWANSKA n66 (+29): see above.

TOP 150:
Simona MATEI n145 (+35): see above.

TOP 200:
Shiho HISAMATSU n161 (+47): see above.

As usual don't hesitate your comment and thanks for your cheering every week! :bounce: ;)

drake3781
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:05 AM
This year, I saw Chin-Wei Chan and Alona Bondarenko, along with of course Marion Bartoli and Dinara Safina.

The only one I was someone excited about was Chan. The others were pretty lackluster. A. Bondarenko's game was nothing much back in April at AI; I hear she is improving now and I can see AI as the beginning of a good season for her. Chan is young and small but I think she can do well on the tour and she definitely belongs there.

P_Fer
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:25 AM
Way to go Chakvetadze and Wozniak

fredbdx
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:16 PM
This year, I saw Chin-Wei Chan and Alona Bondarenko, along with of course Marion Bartoli and Dinara Safina.

The only one I was someone excited about was Chan. The others were pretty lackluster. A. Bondarenko's game was nothing much back in April at AI; I hear she is improving now and I can see AI as the beginning of a good season for her. Chan is young and small but I think she can do well on the tour and she definitely belongs there.

As far as I'm concerned, I saw Alona's match vs Peschke...and I saw her play a couple of year ago, she's defitively reached another level...and she was really brave to come back in the 3rd set...even if I think that Kveta had the match in her hand but didn't succeed to finish it.

Dexter
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:18 PM
it's Alberta Brianti :p

martin white
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:37 PM
congrats to shiho! ive seen her at a couple of 25k's in australia and at melb park this year! great news for her.she is a really friendly girl aswell! go junri also! great effort! :)