PDA

View Full Version : who is the biggest choker

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:36 PM
ai sugiyama losing to bremond in wimbledon after having 9 set points and also in the final of seoul losing the match after being up 5/4 love 40.or schiavone losing to peer after 5 /1 up and generally in every final she plays.
i DO LIKE both players mentioned above.

pierce0415
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:37 PM
well you know a conversation about choking is not going to be complete w/o the mention of ....

chokomomo

IceHock
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:37 PM
Daniela, no contest.She finds ways to choke when you think there is none.

IceHock
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:38 PM

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:44 PM
yes daniela always chokes away matches if she is up 5 /2 u just know she is goin to lose the set 7/5.daniela has such a variety of unforced errors its funny :devil:

RJWCapriati
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:50 PM
Hantuchova, Mauresmo, Schnyder, Schiavone

sapir1434
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:59 PM
Maybe Amelie used to be, but that's funny that there are people that think she still is

hablo
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:02 PM
well you know a conversation about choking is not going to be complete w/o the mention of ....

chokomomo
wrong... now it is chokobagel#1momo :awww:

pierce0415
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:03 PM
wrong... now it is chokobagel#1momo :awww:

:lol:
:hug: I hope Ame is not bageled in Stuttgart :tape:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
Daniela for sure, she always has to waste her lead :rolleyes:
*wondering when it ends* *sigh*

Ballbasher
Sadly Daniela :(

mauresmo/pierce
amelie :devil: is no choker ne more.fran has taken over the tag as the biggest choker

hablo
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:05 PM
:lol:
:hug: I hope Ame is not bageled in Stuttgart :tape:
i hope so too ... get it together chokobagel#1momo :mad::scared:

amelie/sugiyama
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Amelie has gotten over that ages ago, she may have a few glitches here and there but she is is more steddy than most these days. I think fran gets the title for biggest choker, She has to win something i suppose. :D

Tennace
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Sadly it's probably Dokic. All 3 WTA matches this year she won the first set then in the 2nd set she had 2 MPs on match, she was up 6-5 one match, and led 5-3 in the last match. She lost them all :hysteric:

Louis Cyphre
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:09 PM
i dont think so.Maybe coz I`m not a fan of her and I dont follow her results but most of the times when she`s a set down or almost loose a match she somehow manage to return in the match and to win it(I remember 4-5 matches like this and i cant remember a match where she chokes) :shrug: But as I said maybe I remember only that kind of matches and I miss the others

Nicolás89
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
dani, momo , maria k

timafi
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:13 PM
dani, momo , maria k
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you got guts to put Mauresmo between Kirilenko and Hantuchova winners of 2 titles against the 23 titles of Mauresmo :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
this was not a tread for peple to bash amelie :( .amelie is the best :)

IceHock
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:22 PM
i dont think so.Maybe coz I`m not a fan of her and I dont follow her results but most of the times when she`s a set down or almost loose a match she somehow manage to return in the match and to win it(I remember 4-5 matches like this and i cant remember a match where she chokes) :shrug: But as I said maybe I remember only that kind of matches and I miss the others

Like the last 5 matches she's played she's lost leads while serving for sets.Against Safina, Golovin, Czink, Serena, and Mattek.In two of them she still won.Also another notable is against Na Li in Doha, she was up 6-4,5-1 with 4 match points and she lost.

Louis Cyphre
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:26 PM
Like the last 5 matches she's played she's lost leads while serving for sets.Against Safina, Golovin, Czink, Serena, and Mattek.In two of them she still won.Also another notable is against Na Li in Doha, she was up 6-4,5-1 with 4 match points and she lost.
OMG :lol: :help: :lol:
I didnt knew that

IceHock
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:28 PM
OMG :lol: :help: :lol:
I didnt knew that

Lol, I know.It's bad, there will probably be another one this week.

Louis Cyphre
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Lol, I know.It's bad, there will probably be another one this week.
Yeah but at least she looks good :lol:

Wayn77
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Patty Schnyder (oh dear Patty, oh dear)

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:35 PM
Sadly Dani yeah... :sad:

Jakeev
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:37 PM
this was not a tread for peple to bash amelie :( .amelie is the best :)

Than you shouldn't have started this tired thread:rolleyes:

iPatty
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:52 PM
Patty Schnyder (oh dear Patty, oh dear)

i wouldn't call patty a choker, she just decides to not show up for matches sometimes.

she's really only lost one match this year when she's been way ahead and lost; in berlin against na.

urock34
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:55 PM
ana k

Wayn77
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:56 PM
i wouldn't call patty a choker, she just decides to not show up for matches sometimes.

I think you are right, trouble is the matches she doesn't show up for tend to be quarter-finals of major events.

OK I will go with dear Dani. :hug:

Pasta-Na
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:57 PM
dani for sure :lol:

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:58 PM
Amelie has gotten over that ages ago, she may have a few glitches here and there but she is is more steddy than most these days. I think fran gets the title for biggest choker, She has to win something i suppose. :D

i agree 100%

The.slovak.dream
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:59 PM
Yeah but at least she looks good :lol:

yeah, I think that´s exactely what a tennis pro wanna hear :tape:

Dani, please stop choking :sad:

iPatty
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:59 PM
I think you are right, trouble is the matches she doesn't show up for tend to be quarter-finals of major events.

OK I will go with dear Dani. :hug:

so true.
other instances:

charleston finals, third set.
french open 4r, second and third sets.
australian open qf, whole match.
luxembourg qf, whole match.

amongst others. :help:

selyoink
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Probably has to be Daniela.

Carmen Mairena
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
Agnieszka choked against that Italian "¿player?" :haha: ??? That's very sad considering that Italia hasn't had a decent player since Mlle. Farina... :rolleyes:

Carmen Mairena
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:30 PM
Agnieszka choked against that Italian "¿player?" :haha: ??? That's very sad considering that Italia hasn't had a decent player since Mlle. Farina... :rolleyes:

mrs.nadal
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:10 AM
fran....much to my annoyance :mad:

The_Pov
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:12 AM

Makiri is giving her a run for her money, she's started to invent new ways to choke a match.

Brooklyn90
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:13 AM
Dani

IceHock
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:14 AM
Makiri is giving her a run for her money, she's started to invent new ways to choke a match.

Really?!They should play eachother, then we'll see who the ultimate choke artist is.

spencercarlos
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:31 AM

she's really only lost one match this year when she's been way ahead and lost; in berlin against na.
Patty choked one match this year against Li (im not sure) in Berlin this year.

metamorpha
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:50 AM
1. Fransesco
2. Daniela
3. Elena Dementieva
4. Nadia Petrova
5. Jana Novotna
6. Amelie Mauresmo
7. Dinara Safina (?)

Hingis is also prone to choke but it only happened against physically and mentally powerful players.

But so far the biggest one maybe Franny

anlavalle
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:59 AM
i think there are different types of chokers
there are the ones who chokes badly since the first round, for example: makiri, daniela, dulko
there are others who can make a good run in a tournament and choke in the most important match (like semis or final), in this group are Francesca, Patty, Tati and Amelie used to be of this group (but not anymore), imho

Lulu.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:07 AM
Dani :sad:

Martian Jeza
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:46 AM
Daniela Hantuchova without a doubt, unfortunatly...

Derek.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:54 AM
Hantuchova & Kirilenko.

spencercarlos
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:56 AM
Hantuchova & Kirilenko.
Another common between Federer and Hantuchova!
Did you see Federer vs Blake at the Usopen? :p @ Choker :angel:

:kiss:

Lenafan
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:59 AM
There have been quite a few chokes, but Jankovic's against Henin at the US Open was the worst one I have seen this year especially given how well Jankovic was playing and how poorly Henin was in that match.

Orion
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:13 AM
There should be a volume in the history of sports chokers devoted to Jana Novotna. Seriously, if she didn't have so many problems closing out matches, she probably would have had 5 slams.

MinnyGophers
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:34 AM

chokomomo

Dude, chokomomo died last year in Los Angeles. Then came Rogelie, then Rafamomo, and now BagelMomo. She sure evolves a lot, that Pokemelie. :devil:

NyCPsU
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:42 AM

i hope your signature is some sort of sick joke :help:x10000000

but the topic of this thread it has to be daniela, im sure these other players have had bad chokes, but are they as consistent as danka? 5 matches in a row she has been up 5-2 or 5-3 in the first set and blew it. Thats got to be a record of some sort :o

Serge007
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:19 AM
in bad shape - all chokers.

DomenicDemaria
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:41 AM

Flavia will be better than Farina ;)
If she just stopped choking or getting tight in close matches.

It has to be Fran. 0/8 finals is pretty bad.

Jeff
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:03 AM
There are more than a handful to make it worth even naming

rockstar
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:09 AM
daniela is the queen of choking! :bow: :p
kirilenko comes in as stiff competition though :p

Just Do It
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
Jankovic !

GoDominique
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:57 AM
All my faves.

Equipped
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:04 AM
There should be a volume in the history of sports chokers devoted to Jana Novotna. Seriously, if she didn't have so many problems closing out matches, she probably would have had 5 slams.

You got that right. Novotna was the Choker-par-excellence. Hantuchova may choke away easy victories, and Mauresmo may have had a (career-long) infatuation with losing, but Novotna choked away the big ones like no one else.

Wimbledon 1993: :hysteric:

Filippo-Nastya
Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:21 AM

Unfortunately, you are right. :sad: :sad:

azza
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
Daniella 6-2 5-0 Vs Alicia loses 6-2 5-7 0-6

hingis'boyfriend
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:45 PM
What about Clijsters?

dumb
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:49 PM
some i seen were...Sabatini, Novotna and a few others...but many times all top players have trouble closing matches out...i wonder what the stats are for say major finals when a player serves for the match...how many times have they held serve and won the title?

anlavalle
Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:54 PM
Another common between Federer and Hantuchova!
Did you see Federer vs Blake at the Usopen? :p @ Choker :angel:

:kiss:

but he still won the match

Ballbasher
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:17 PM
Likhovtseva loses all big matches really easily but noone sadly tops Dani or Makiri :bigcry:

The_Pov
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
Really?!They should play eachother, then we'll see who the ultimate choke artist is.

If it was at a grand slam (with no 3rd set tiebreak) the match would go on forever as both Makiri and Danka can't close out matches :o

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:50 PM

I would good rep if I could!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 4th, 2006, 09:55 PM
great choke srebotnik against elena d,she could hardly hit the ball at 4 /1 up :(

Billabong
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:07 PM
What about Clijsters?

yah it happened a few times, in 1999 USO and 2003 AO against Serena, 2003 RG and USO against Henin (was totally petrified by nerves in both)...