PDA

View Full Version : Was There Ever A Reason Given For Serena's Withdraw From Stuttgart?

pierce0415
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:16 PM
:confused:
I didn't see any news on it :p
Serena where are you

TeamUSA#1
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
I was just wondering the same thing... She hasn't played since the USO... is she injured again??? training to bet in better shape before returning again?? disinterested??

Marcell
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Maybe she had a run-in with Larry Scott similar to what Lindsay had in Montreal and the wildcard was taken away. Seriously, it does seem strange that nothing has been said. It's as if she never entered the tournament.

jimbo mack
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
yeah, i also want to know why everything has been kept 'hush hush' on her withdrawal

dreamgoddess099
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:23 PM
All I've heard is that she was one of many who withdrew, but they don't say why?

Ivanovic joins long list of absentees at Stuttgart tennis
The Associated Press

Published: October 2, 2006
STUTTGART, Germany Ana Ivanovic joined the long list of injury withdrawals from the Porsche Grand Prix tournament.

The Serb hurt her shoulder in practice Sunday and pulled out of the US$650,000 event starting Monday.

Other players who withdrew earlier included Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin-Hardenne, Maria Sharapova, Lindsay Davenport and Serena and Venus Williams.

Amelie Mauresmo is the top-seeded player, followed by Svetlana Kuznetsova, Elena Dementieva and Nadia Petrova. They all have a bye into the second round.

Highlandman
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:28 PM
Nobody knows. Caroline Schneider said that nobody in Stuttgart knows a real reason :confused: :sad:

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:33 PM
I dunno :shrug: I just hope she's working hard wherever she is. I can't deal with another 2006, I thought last year was bad...this is disgusting.

Mattographer
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:34 PM
Lindsay Davenport never committed to this tournament in first place, right? She was signed up too late like Montreal?

pierce0415
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:48 PM
Linds was never committed but Serena was

TomTennis
Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin-Hardenne, Maria Sharapova, Lindsay Davenport and Serena and Venus Williams, Ana Ivanovic

holy shit. What a terrific line-up! Too bad we may never see all of them active at the same time :sad:

Brooks.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:45 PM
she didn't feel like playing.