PDA

View Full Version : How much does Tennis Australia suck thread!!

OZTENNIS
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:21 AM
How much does Tennis Australia suck?!!? I think that they and their member organisations r some of the most backward organisations in the tennis world! :devil:

Lunaris
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:33 AM
Hewitt sucks

Dani12
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:07 AM
Yes because you must suck to win Wimbledon and the US Open.

and yeah Tennis Australia could be better.

kittyking
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:08 AM
How much does Tennis Australia suck?!!? I think that they and their member organisations r some of the most backward organisations in the tennis world! :devil:

I see your from Australia too, your certainly not a nationalist anymore are you :lol:

Dani12
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:13 AM
Ok....i'll keep quiet.

kittyking
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:27 AM
Ok....i'll keep quiet.

Good aussie :)

DutchieGirl
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:18 AM
they suck! ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:37 AM
They'd be better if they kidnapped Jelena Dokic and demand she trained and TRIED in Australia.

So, they suck.

Martian Stacey
Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:21 AM
They'd be better if they kidnapped Jelena Dokic and demand she trained and TRIED in Australia.

So, they suck.
They've already done more than enough for her :rolleyes:

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:41 AM
They've already done more than enough for her :rolleyes:
You take things too seriously.

Kirt12255
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:36 AM
OMG Don't get me started on Tennis Australia!!!!!

I'll send links to other posts I have said about them.

Simple facts:

We lost a few generations through the AIS (as well as funding) due to poor management. Tennis players with eating disorders is never a pretty thing.

Dianne Ballestrat has been putting her hand up for ever, and ignored, she personified fitness. Nicole Bradtke is a linch pin however being involved now even after her criticism of the system.

I was stuck in the country, as a 10 year old, all I wanted to do was hit a tennis ball. I walked 4 kilometers to the "bitchumin" courts at Trida Tennis Club (2 courts on a mountain in south-east Victoria)....hit serves and walked to the other end and did the same for hours. I had a sheet of cement I hit against at home as well. I walked home when it was dark...walked past rotting wombats (road-kill) on a dirt road.

I played McDonalds cup but was never given a hand. One coach and 20 players...I was in 12's...yet beat this coaches fav in the 14's (8-1..I gave him a game :-))...politics!

I was so knackered by the time I travelled to Traralgon for regional McDonalds cup events I rarely lasted long. I trashed the #1 seed (8-0)in a match only to be pulled from the squad by my coach. I walked away still using a forehand grip for a backhand and had learned to adjust.

I was playing A Grade Juniors in my league and never beaten...was playing A Grade Seniors also. I was banned from juniors as the standard was too low. Where was Tennis Australia for a keen junior?

Thank heavens for the likes of Yvonne Cawley for getting out to rural areas.

I love Tennis Australia!!! :tape: :help: :lol:

ozfan44
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:40 AM
Tennis Australia. sure they have there faults all associations do but they are in a re building phase give it time!

Mattographer
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
The only one thing I don't like about the officials is they always give all WCs to young players not veteran players and most of time they lost in first round :rolleyes:

saki
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:45 AM
OMG Don't get me started on Tennis Australia!!!!!

I'll send links to other posts I have said about them.

Simple facts:

We lost a few generations through the AIS (as well as funding) due to poor management. Tennis players with eating disorders is never a pretty thing.

Dianne Ballestrat has been putting her hand up for ever, and ignored, she personified fitness. Nicole Bradtke is a linch pin however being involved now even after her criticism of the system.

I was stuck in the country, as a 10 year old, all I wanted to do was hit a tennis ball. I walked 4 kilometers to the "bitchumin" courts at Trida Tennis Club (2 courts on a mountain in south-east Victoria)....hit serves and walked to the other end and did the same for hours. I had a sheet of cement I hit against at home as well. I walked home when it was dark...walked past rotting wombats (road-kill) on a dirt road.

I played McDonalds cup but was never given a hand. One coach and 20 players...I was in 12's...yet beat this coaches fav in the 14's (8-1..I gave him a game :-))...politics!

I was so knackered by the time I travelled to Traralgon for regional McDonalds cup events I rarely lasted long. I trashed the #1 seed (8-0)in a match only to be pulled from the squad by my coach. I walked away still using a forehand grip for a backhand and had learned to adjust.

I was playing A Grade Juniors in my league and never beaten...was playing A Grade Seniors also. I was banned from juniors as the standard was too low. Where was Tennis Australia for a keen junior?

Thank heavens for the likes of Yvonne Cawley for getting out to rural areas.

:tape: :help: :lol: I love Tennis Australia!!!

You should talk to an Australian newspaper or two about this. I bet they'd pay you a bit for an article on Tennis Australia. Newspapers are always keen on digging up dirt.

Kirt12255
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:16 AM
You should talk to an Australian newspaper or two about this. I bet they'd pay you a bit for an article on Tennis Australia. Newspapers are always keen on digging up dirt.

Yeah perhaps...wouldn't solve anything. The association is improving...just a little too slow for me;)

Just Do It
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Jelena's sub-forum is the most popular in TENNIS AUSTRALIA AND NZ...from that fact you can see how big their problem is :tape:

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Jelena's sub-forum is the most popular in TENNIS AUSTRALIA AND NZ...from that fact you can see how big their problem is :tape:
:haha:

Kirt12255
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:34 AM

Their problem has been their fascination with the AIS (Australian Institute Of Sport)...the burn-out rate has been beyond comparison. Tennis Australia refute past players that want to contribute, yet encourage half-arsed tennis coaches to.:confused: Kerry-Anne Guse couldn't even get her coaching certificate after playing on the professional tour.

Jelena had a heap of pressure on her.

Effectively Geoff Pollard and the likes have a lot to answer for.

Pat Rafter, Alicia Molik, Lleyton Hewitt....sure may have been given wild-cards but they did it the hard way. Australian players tend to be lazy.

I'd start a burnout list for you of potential champions....I won't bother....TA sat on their high horse of past wins for far too long. They became complacent.

I remember when tennis was the 3rd most popular sport in Australia, TA did nothing. It's rare to see anything but a short snippet of tennis in the papers unless it's January. That is an issue they need to address.

Just Do It
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:41 AM
I think Australia will soon be in the same position like UK :tape: both countries have GS and no players in top100 !

Dani12
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:15 AM
Ohhh, this is making me sad. I want to keep positive. There are people out there in Australia that really do care and are working hard to get the juniors working hard. There is still a little bit to go, but they just need to get kids interested. I have faith :)

Kirt12255
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:53 AM
Ohhh, this is making me sad. I want to keep positive. There are people out there in Australia that really do care and are working hard to get the juniors working hard. There is still a little bit to go, but they just need to get kids interested. I have faith :)

I'm glad you do ;) I threw all of my trophies in the bin.:lol: They just collect dust anyhow.

Yes TA has made changes, in the right direction. Setting up camps in Europe was a great start.;) I'm 29 btw...I'm no spring chicken.

kittyking
Oct 14th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I think tennis australia is on the right track, maybe not in mens but definately on the womens side.