PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Report - Pics and vids

esquímaux
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:35 AM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Tokyo%20AIG%20Open/Qualies%20day%202/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Tokyo%20AIG%20Open/Qualies%20day%202/CastanoandMe.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Tokyo%20AIG%20Open/Qualies%20day%202/?start=#imgAnch11)

I've timed it!!! It takes me an hour and a half to get there by train :tape::o When I got there I immediately went to the Osterloh/Jidkova match which was something like 3/2 in the first set :bounce: Osterloh was down and getting rather moody and Alina was steady and focused the whole match. Liliah was talking out loud and slapping her thighs whenever she missed points. I started cheering for Miss Lilian and then she started turning the match around. I was shouting, "C'mon Liliah!!!" :lol: Everyone was looking at me too :tape: I sat down next to her coach and asked was it okay to cheer for players and he said yes as long as it wasn't during points....so I cheered even more :haha: Everytime the players changed ends, I change courtsides right along with Liliah :) Eventually Osterloh beefed up the serve and whacked a couple aces to close out the first set. I have a video clip of one of her aces but I need a better place to upload videos besides Photobucket :( Any suggestions? :help:

Jidkova was whacking a few aces too, but Liliah was too strong in the end :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I ran over and got two autographs from the beautiful Miss Lilian after the match (one on my shirts and another on a program). I'll be happy to mail the program autograph to any diehard Lilian fans (Frazier's Fan comes to mind :)) After that, I watched the end of a match with Pin and a girl (who was rather pretty and had a gorgeous accent) that I didn't know. Pin closed it out on the her opponent UFE and I received her autograph too :hearts: Pin's a short-lil cutie pie :)

I walked back over to the court where Jidkova/Osterloh had played on and saw Catalina Costano scoping out a match between UBERoi and Spears. I asked for an autograph and took a pic with her. She is sooooooo nice and has a beautiful smile :hearts: After that, a bunch of Japanese people ran up and bombrushed her :lol: I worked my way of to a practice court in the back and saw Shaughnessy steadily grillin' Wozniacki and Domatchowska (sp) and other players were there too. I was determined to get a Meggy autograph so I camp out there for a few minutes and got distracted when I saw Dushevina walking around by herself. MAN! Vera is also very pretty she happily gave me an autograph and looked astonished that I even knew her name :lol: She really looked surprised. I saw Dulko, her brother, and mommy practising on a tucked away court. Gisa looked kinda agitated so I left. She was doing some really good spring workouts and such.

It started to rain so I sat down and had a doner kebab and thought...."Hmmmm....I wonder if Megz is still practising??" So headed back over to her courts and saw her leaving. We stopped and had a nice conversation :eek: :eek: She asked me in disbelief, "Do you live here?!?!" :lol: :lol: :lol: I told her how I been a fan throughout the years and congratulated her on her wins in Rabat and Forest Hills, and she seemed really ecstatic that I knew about them :hearts: It was nice, and yes I got an auto :bounce: :bounce: It started raining more intense and play was halted.

On the practice courts in the back, Schuettler was practicing with a Japanese teenager and Safarova was WORKING HARD on her backhand down the line with her dad/coach. I mean really WORKING HARD!!!! She was gruntin' real loud and such. You would've thought she was playing a match. I don't know her native language, but it sounded really cool when she was speaking. After practice I wished her luck and she gave me one of her old beatup tennis balls. I'll be more than happy to mail it to a diehard Lucie fan :wavey:

Then came even more rain and a few the rest of the qualies matches were held in the Coliseum. Nothing too spectacular there other than the Balleret/Troicki match. Those guys were trying so hard and hit so many great shots. I left at 3/0 in the second set though because I hate taking the trains at night. So I snapped a few shots of the Women's main draw and headed out :wavey:

hablo
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:44 AM
thanks for the report :yeah:

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:50 AM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Tokyo%20AIG%20Open/Qualies%20day%202/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Tokyo%20AIG%20Open/Qualies%20day%202/CastanoandMe.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Tokyo%20AIG%20Open/Qualies%20day%202/?start=#imgAnch11)

I've timed it!!! It takes me an hour and a half to get there by train :tape::o When I got there I immediately went to the Osterloh/Jidkova match which was something like 3/2 in the first set :bounce: Osterloh was down and getting rather moody and Alina was steady and focused the whole match. Liliah was talking out loud and slapping her thighs whenever she missed points. I started cheering for Miss Lilian and then she started turning the match around. I was shouting, "C'mon Liliah!!!" :lol: Everyone was looking at me too :tape: I sat down next to her coach and asked was it okay to cheer for players and he said yes as long as it wasn't during points....so I cheered even more :haha: Everytime the players changed ends, I change courtsides right along with Liliah :) Eventually Osterloh beefed up the serve and whacked a couple aces to close out the first set. I have a video clip of one of her aces but I need a better place to upload videos besides Photobucket :( Any suggestions? :help:

Jidkova was whacking a few aces too, but Liliah was too strong in the end :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I ran over and got two autographs from the beautiful Miss Lilian after the match (one on my shirts and another on a program). I'll be happy to mail the program autograph to any diehard Lilian fans (Frazier's Fan comes to mind :)) After that, I watched the end of a match with Pin and a girl (who was rather pretty and had a gorgeous accent) that I didn't know. Pin closed it out on the her opponent UFE and I received her autograph too :hearts: Pin's a short-lil cutie pie :)

I walked back over to the court where Jidkova/Osterloh had played on and saw Catalina Costano scoping out a match between UBERoi and Spears. I asked for an autograph and took a pic with her. She is sooooooo nice and has a beautiful smile :hearts: After that, a bunch of Japanese people ran up and bombrushed her :lol: I worked my way of to a practice court in the back and saw Shaughnessy steadily grillin' Wozniacki and Domatchowska (sp) and other players were there too. I was determined to get a Meggy autograph so I camp out there for a few minutes and got distracted when I saw Dushevina walking around by herself. MAN! Vera is also very pretty she happily gave me an autograph and looked astonished that I even knew her name :lol: She really looked surprised. I saw Dulko, her brother, and mommy practising on a tucked away court. Gisa looked kinda agitated so I left. She was doing some really good spring workouts and such.

It started to rain so I sat down and had a doner kebab and thought...."Hmmmm....I wonder if Megz is still practising??" So headed back over to her courts and saw her leaving. We stopped and had a nice conversation :eek: :eek: She asked me in disbelief, "Do you live here?!?!" :lol: :lol: :lol: I told her how I been a fan throughout the years and congratulated her on her wins in Rabat and Forest Hills, and she seemed really ecstatic that I knew about them :hearts: It was nice, and yes I got an auto :bounce: :bounce: It started raining more intense and play was halted.

On the practice courts in the back, Schuettler was practicing with a Japanese teenager and Safarova was WORKING HARD on her backhand down the line with her dad/coach. I mean really WORKING HARD!!!! She was gruntin' real loud and such. You would've thought she was playing a match. I don't know her native language, but it sounded really cool when she was speaking. After practice I wished her luck and she gave me one of her old beatup tennis balls. I'll be more than happy to mail it to a diehard Lucie fan :wavey:

Then came even more rain and a few the rest of the qualies matches were held in the Coliseum. Nothing too spectacular there other than the Balleret/Troicki match. Those guys were trying so hard and hit so many great shots. I left at 3/0 in the second set though because I hate taking the trains at night. So I snapped a few shots of the Women's main draw and headed out :wavey:

:bounce:

Glad you got those autographs you wanted :hug:

I am so jealous you got to meet Vera D :fiery: I absolutely love :hearts: I got to see her at the US Open but I had to leave during her doubles match :awww:

Anyways hope your having a great time! Try to get some pics of Vera for me :hearts:

Lenafan
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:28 AM
Great report.

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:13 AM
I see the pics now :D Seems like you had a great time. I wonder if Lilias soon to be husband was there :D :bounce:

Thanks for the report!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: GO GO LILIA! :p

*Jean*
Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:23 AM
You MUST give me Meg's autograph :lol:

Drake1980
Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:32 AM
That picture of Catalina is so cute!! Thank you!

isabellea
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the report and for Vera D's pics.

It's funny that she was surprised that you knew her name. That's vera.

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:44 PM
:kiss:

esquímaux
Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:28 AM
I see the pics now :D Seems like you had a great time. I wonder if Lilias soon to be husband was there :D :bounce:

Thanks for the report!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: GO GO LILIA! :pOf course I was there :(:lol::lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:20 AM
Of course I was there :(:lol::lol:

:spit: Lilia looks to be in better shape then last year at this time. I think she has a new coach or maybe a new fitness coach. She is looking much more solid ;) :bounce: I hope you get to see her vs MEG today. :bounce: