PDA

View Full Version : Sprembledon - "The Point"

Paul.
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:13 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_TUiXb2Ynu4

i know im really stupid but i kind of forgot what happened. i know the umpire said the score wrong and the players went along with it (weirdly) but did it get corrected or did they just carry on? did it essentially cost vee the match?

thanks

LeRoy.
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:15 PM
Ted Watts seemed smitten by K-Lina . The smile he gives her when she has the confused look on her face was :haha:

njnetswill
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:16 PM
The match continued with the error, no one corrected it. Sprem most likely would have won either way.

mirzalover
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:17 PM
Ted Watts seemed smitten by K-Lina . The smile he gives her when she has the confused look on her face was :haha:

i did not even watch the video and i knew what you where talking about. :lol: :lol:

Paul.
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:27 PM
The match continued with the error, no one corrected it. Sprem most likely would have won either way.

what did vee and k-lina say afterwards?

hurricanejeanne
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:28 PM
i did not even watch the video and i knew what you where talking about. :lol: :lol:

Me too, I remember that tie break well. I remember the goofy ass look Watts gave K-lina and she was a little creeped out. :lol:

But the score wasn't corrected.

drake3781
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:29 PM
I love watching this video. I wish it were just a bit longer before and after that point.

Viktymise
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:30 PM
:sad: i dont like remembering it it, i felt like both players lost their concentration after it happened and without it the match outcome could have been different

Paul.
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:30 PM
i think that karolina's grunt made it look like she was going for the shot even though she knew the serve was out - and then the crown cheering and everything. but when the umpire called the score venus must have just thought she hadnt followed the points right. but surely they knew by which side they were standing at :shrug:

croat123
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:52 PM
ted watts is an idiot, and the last few points of the match were pretty poor quality. both players were just confused at the call

njnetswill
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:58 PM
Both K-Lina and Venus handled the situation after the match very well. I honestly believe neither of them quite knew what was happening during the match.

Derek.
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:49 PM
K-Lina. :hearts:

spencercarlos
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:07 AM
Was like hey hon i just give you a free point i hope you pay me back tonight :devil:

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:11 AM
It could've effected the otucome but Venus had like 4 set points :o

Both players waved it off as no big deal and it really wasn't. That being said I think if Venus won that tiebreak she would've gone on to win the match ;)

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:13 AM
OMG I just saw that look Ted gave Karolina :unsure:

I smell conspiracy :scratch: :fiery: :help: ;)