PDA

View Full Version : Who By Your Criteria Has The Best Second Serve?

Nicolás89
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:10 PM
Justines Second serves are really good, she really needs them cause she doesnt have really often a first serve :tape:

im not making a poll because is a really tough question, i think :rolleyes:

-VSR-
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:11 PM
Serena's kicker is awesome! :D

Aaron.
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:14 PM
Serena Davenport Sharapova Henin

Dementieva Vaidisova Petrova need to work on thiers

jas_aussie
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:15 PM
SAMMY!!! best second serve kicker in the game

IceHock
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:16 PM
Stosur

Kimster
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:19 PM
Bananamash(a) and Ree.

Corswandt
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM
SAMMY!!! best second serve kicker in the game

No, that would be Molik. Molik actually wins free points off her kicker to her opponent's BH. Stosur's kick second serve is overrated - and predictable. I watched her hit it against Vaidisova at Stanford and Nicole merely took a couple of long strides to the left and returned it with ease with that ugly, awkward looking BH of hers. Molik's kicker on the other hand bounces so high that, even if her opponent very well knows what's coming her way, there's nothing she can do about it.

And on topic, Molik again. Sharapova's second serve may be difficult (but not impossible) to attack, but it's Molik who wins the most free points off hers, and that's as good a criterium for effectiveness as any.

PatrickRyan
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:32 PM
serena or sharapova

Cat's Pajamas
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:33 PM
Serena :worship:

I'd also like to mention the Pattycakes left-handed hook shot :cool: :angel:

RenaSlam.
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:02 PM
Henin double faults a shitload.

LoveFifteen
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:39 PM
Hingis and Demetieva :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:41 PM
serena just ahead of molik

Ryan
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:45 PM
No, that would be Molik. Molik actually wins free points off her kicker to her opponent's BH. Stosur's kick second serve is overrated - and predictable. I watched her hit it against Vaidisova at Stanford and Nicole merely took a couple of long strides to the left and returned it with ease with that ugly, awkward looking BH of hers. Molik's kicker on the other hand bounces so high that, even if her opponent very well knows what's coming her way, there's nothing she can do about it.

And on topic, Molik again. Sharapova's second serve may be difficult (but not impossible) to attack, but it's Molik who wins the most free points off hers, and that's as good a criterium for effectiveness as any.

I definately agree. In 2004, especially at the AO, Alicia had a killer serve, first and second, that won her lots of free points agains Venus and Lindsay. It's not as good now, but once she picks her game up I'm sure it will improve again.

Derek.
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:46 PM
1) Serena Williams
2) Alicia Molik
3) Maria Sharapova
4) Nicole Vaidisova
5) Sam Stosur

supergrunt
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:50 PM
Serena :)

hu2891601
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:52 PM
Henin

LindsayRulz
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:11 AM
Sharapova at 04 wimbly

Vincey!
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:21 AM
1-Sharapova
2-Molik
3-Serena
4-Stosur
5-Davenport

franny
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:16 AM
Sharapova, right now. The way she served at the Open was amazing. It is difficult to attack. She often hits aces on second serves in big game situations. She gets it around 90+ mphs, and the biggest part, she has variety. That's why I think she has the best serve, because she has amazing placement and variety. Serena in her prime was like that, with an amazing serve.

blumaroo
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:17 AM
1. Molik (when on the best server with Serena)
2. Sharapova (consistent second serve in pace and placement)
3. Nicole/Stosur/Krajicek/Henin ( well placed with decent pace but inconsistent)
4. Davenport/Serena (only fourth because their serves aren't as good as they used to be)

LegionArgentina
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:26 AM
1-Serena Williams and Alicia Molik

safinforlife
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:36 AM
Venus Williams!!

Andy.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:38 AM
Maria, Alicia and Sami. It used to be Serena in her prime, her second serve had so much work it was unattackable.

Dawn Marie
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:41 AM
Serena. She has showed this to the world by beating the BEST players in the TOUGHEST of draws. I was still amazed during the THIS US Open at how beautiful and fluid her second serve is. I remember her beating down Hingis at the US Open in 200 I think and not even having to go for a second serve. She hit all her first serves in.

Can't nobody beat Serena's second serve.

Andrew..
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:16 AM
Lindsay and Serena had the best second serves in the game by far. Serena's deteriorated into a weakness by the start of 2005, and Lindsay's entire serve has become ineffective in the last year.

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:54 AM
Serena, Linds, Molik and Masha

ZeroSOFInfinity
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:57 AM
Henin double faults a shitload.

Maybe you have too much time in your hands... I suggest you go watch reruns of Serena's games in your VCR and stop making piss-off stupid posts.

You are making a mockery of yourself and other Serena fans. :help:

tennisbear7
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:13 AM
Henin does make a lot of double faults, though.

I think that Molik and Sharapova have got the best second serves.

Lunaris
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:25 AM
Henin has often problem with hexed elbow when hitting the 2nd serve, it could be much better. Though for such a small figure it is still incredible.

sunset
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:35 AM
Justines Second serves are really good, she really needs them cause she doesnt have really often a first serve :tape:

im not making a poll because is a really tough question, i think :rolleyes:

I agree, Justine are the best. :bounce:

Mightymirza
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:40 AM
Well with 2nd serve, you should be able to go both ways..Mist of female players kinda slice it and male players kick it wide(to BH ) Very few can actually vary it reasonably..

mboyle
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:42 AM
I don't think any one thing about Masha's game is the best in the business. Maybe her first serve is tied for the best, but I don't think so. Masha wins because she is one of the best 3 at five things (first and second serves, forehand, backhand, mental toughness.)

morningglory
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:15 AM
Masha has a very unattackable 2nd serve :)

bellascarlett
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:41 AM
Sharapova, right now. The way she served at the Open was amazing. It is difficult to attack. She often hits aces on second serves in big game situations. She gets it around 90+ mphs, and the biggest part, she has variety. That's why I think she has the best serve, because she has amazing placement and variety. Serena in her prime was like that, with an amazing serve.

She often really doesn't know how to hold back on her second serves which just annoys the heck outta me sometimes...as it leads to more double faults...at times she risks stepping onto Dementieva territory :tape:...but yeah she served amazingly at the Open and didn't have to risk that much with second serves. but if she gets it right, she does have a really good second serve.

RJWCapriati
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:45 AM
S. Williams

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:54 AM
At one time it was Serena, however it has declined like the rest of her game. I'd say right now it's Sharapova, although put her on the court with a Venus, Serena, Lindsay, Justine etc; and it's attackable for them. But you won't see someone #95 in the world being able to smack a Maria 2nd serve for a winner like some of the other top players.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:55 AM
I also think Patty Schnyder has a pretty good 2nd serve, I remember last year in the Stanford SF Venus was having more trouble with Patty's 2nd than her first :eek:

MisterQ
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:56 AM
Serena Williams immediately came to mind.

santhuruu
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:26 AM
I love the kick serves on the second serves, and Serena and Molik are very good at that, also Shaughnessy has got an amazing kick serve.

amelie/sugiyama
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
Serena has the best kick serve out wide on the ad side. sharapova also has a really good second serve.

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:49 PM
best 3 serena williams, mary pierce and maria sharapova.but the best is ANTONELLA SERRA ZANETTI :bounce:

Ntour
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
defintely molik!!

Ellery
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Alicia :worship:

Louis Cyphre
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:36 PM
it becomes something like "my fave player is the best"

Ksenia.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:41 PM
Dementieva! :lol:

Seriously, Serena & Maria

Ben.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:09 PM

yeah. have 2 agree with u on that statement there. i mean who can kick the 2nd serve that high besides alicia.