PDA

View Full Version : 0-8 in finals, is it a record???

janko
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:05 PM
I'm really sad for Franny, she really deserves to win something, even Rabat, Tashkent or Forest Hills...

I think 0-8 in finals is a record at wta level, anyone knows??

I remember Nadia and Lena D had a pretty bad record before winning their first title, so as Rachel McQuillan who never won anything :sad:

any other examples?

Reuchlin
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:07 PM
she needs to play some tier 5s

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:09 PM

Do you mean Public Parks Tournaments???? :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:09 PM

There hasn't been a Tier 5 on tour since Ana Ivanovic won in Canberra in 2005.

disco_rage
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:16 PM
Silvia Farina-Elia was 0-9 in WTA finals until she won Strasbourg and then won the title for 3 consecutive years!

actually just checked on WTA tour.com and it was 0-7! was sure it was 0-9! so Schiavone must have broken the record!

Europe rocks
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:20 PM

She can't win ITF singles titles, let alone a Tier 5 (even though they don't have them anymore) :tape:

Nicolás89
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:22 PM
even anna k won two itf titles :tape:

she always goes for the hardest this girl needs a tier III or tier IV
and then the curse will be finished :bounce:

hu2891601
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:23 PM
Maybe she'll win this week, at Stuttgart. ^_^

hurricanejeanne
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:25 PM
I also think she needs to play some smaller tournaments, but at the same time Alona was in a sense the type of player in terms of ranking she'd probably end up facing in a tier 3 or 4.

janko
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:30 PM
I've found that Silvia lost her 7 first finals before Strasbourg 2001

and the record isn't for Franny, not yet! Natasha Zvereva lost her 9 first finals :sad: :eek: :tape: before winning back to back titles in Brisbane and Sydney in 1990

skanky~skanketta
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:02 AM
her time will come. i mean, she's too good a player to actually NOT win a title, no matter how small.

RenaSlam.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:21 AM
God damnit Fran. Embarrassing.

-jenks-
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:24 AM
This was her best chance to win a title. After this lose, i don't think she will ever win a title now.

metamorpha
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:52 AM
which one is better? never won any tour finals but win A grand slam or never won A grand slam but wins so many tour finals?

janko
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:58 AM
which one is better? never won any tour finals but win A grand slam or never won A grand slam but wins so many tour finals?

Ask Chris O'Neil and Helena Sukova

hu2891601
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:06 AM
Obviously a grand slam's wayyyy better!

metamorpha
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:40 AM
Yeah, I think so. One Slam Wonder is not bad in this case.

Anyway, I took my pity to Jana Novotna. One of the most-talented big time choker (the other one is LenaD). A player like her shouldn't have won just a grand slam. She deserved a few more..... I hope the same thing won't happen for Jelena Jankovic in the future.... *gulp*.

Both Fransesco & Jelena had very bad records in their tour finals much alike LenaD. How would they perform at GS finals.....?

Corswandt
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:44 AM
Anyway, I took my pity to Jana Novotna. One of the most-talented big time choker (the other one is LenaD). A player like her shouldn't have won just a grand slam. She deserved a few more.....

Considering that Novotna very, very nearly went without winning a Slam at all, I'm more than satisfied with the way things turned out.