PDA

View Full Version : Barbora Strycova, whats wrong with her, why cant she break through :confused:

Viktymise
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:52 PM
:confused: Her results were so good on the junior circuit and in 04 she had some really good tournies including getting to the 4th round of Indian Wells as a qualifier and the semi's or other tier 4 tournaments, after 04 her career has been in freefall, has'nt made the main draw of any main tour event in 06 an has just lost 7-6 in the 3rd to Benesova in the 2nd round of qualies in Stuttgart after serving for it, so why hasnt she broke through, is it her head or her game which lets her down ???

Carsten
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:57 PM
the last time i saw her in summer she was shouting all the time and smashing her raquet... she had absolutely no gameplan, went for her shots in the worst situations.... seems like she has really some problems with her head...

SloKid
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:59 PM
seems like she has really some problems with her head...
Wait, wait, wait...you're saying there are Czech players with problems with their heads out there. :eek:

:help:

safinforlife
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:01 PM
umm. cuz she sucks

AceTennisGrrrl
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:01 PM
she got married

marriage = tennis suck.

Lunaris
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:30 PM
she got married

marriage = tennis suck.
Like Davenport or Henin. ;)

:inlove:
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:34 PM
Barbora. :help: :sad: She's really talented.

Wannabeknowitall
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:35 PM
She's overweight.
She has good volleys but she doesn't come to net when she's suppose to.
She doesn't have any power shots.
She has variety but she doesn't use it in a high percentage fashion.
She doesn't have a gameplan when she's out there.
Her serve is a liability.

She also needs to find herself a consistent doubles partner.

égalité
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:36 PM
Like Davenport or Henin. ;)

No no, Pierre-Yves is just a concubine. He probably knits vests and gem sweaters for her.

tennisbuddy12
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:46 PM
i dont know right after (like the week after) she reached gangzhou sf....i went to FL for my sisters wedding and we practiced right across the street from her sisters house. some guy saw me and my brother and he was a former pro....no big name and said he met and ate dinner with her..im sure he practiced with her too.....just a cool memory i remember