PDA

View Full Version : In stuttgart with the Rezai's family (an interview for French TV)

Nicolas
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:33 PM
http://sport.france2.fr/stade2/

His father is :tape:

meruvien
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:00 PM
I love to see Aravane Playing tennis but she starts to annoy me because according to her, she (and her family) is always the victim of something. Sure she has a problem with the french federation but she (or should I say her father) doesn't want to solve it.
why is she refusing any help (Coach, physical trainer) ????? She needs a least a physical trainer.
Sorry but i dont understand this girl :shrug:

Nicolas
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:36 PM
Yes, she is a very great talent and she needs a real coach..... and not to sleep on a van during the tourneys.....

:help: @ her father who paints her shoes in red......

Neptune
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:50 PM
I love to see Aravane Playing tennis but she starts to annoy me because according to her, she (and her family) is always the victim of something. Sure she has a problem with the french federation but she (or should I say her father) doesn't want to solve it.
why is she refusing any help (Coach, physical trainer) ????? She needs a least a physical trainer.
Sorry but i dont understand this girl :shrug:
I'm starting to think like you.She's always complaining about something.She has said that people judge her and the family.That's obvious,she has chosen to live on the fringue of society.What does she excepts?
I saw the car.I saw how she is slepping every night.And I can't understand this way of live.With all the money that she has won,the father would stop to say that they are poor.
She's refusing all the proposition to help to become a better player.No coach,No manager....If she doesn't want to be integrate,that's logical that the other player or people on the circuit have difficulties to understand her.STOP TALKING LIKE A VICTIM!

Uranus
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:59 PM
Yes, some of her choices (or her father's, I don't know... :tape: ) are quite weird...

hablo
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:01 PM
what a negative and biaised "reportage" :rolleyes:
obviously this tv show/station wants the rezai to work with the french federation :tape:
so far what she's doing with her dad seems to be working :lol:
and her brother (tennis trainer ?) should be able to help out too.
she just needs more experience and to get fitter.
and if the french federation would compromise (helping with $$$) while letting her work with her dad, she wouldn't need to travel in a van....

Neptune
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:05 PM
obviously this tv show/station wants the rezai to work with the french federation :tape:
and if the french federation would compromise (helping with $$$) while letting her work with her dad, she wouldn't need to travel in a van....
With all the money that she has won since her carrier?She can take all the planes that she wants.That's just a choice of life.The federation has nothing to do with that.

Nicolas
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:09 PM

They are not saying that she should stop being coached by the father, they are just "critiscizing" the way she is coached.
I don't think the $$$ is the problem (nearly 150.000 $ prize money this year), it is just the father who compares himself to Rich Williams and Melanie Molitor..... :help: :lol:
She is definitely a great talent and promising player.

hablo
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:11 PM
With all the money that she has won since her carrier?She can take all the planes that she wants.That's just a choice of life.The federation has nothing to do with that.
$192,153 career earnings
$140,764 of it came this year, so far

I wouldn't call her "rich"... hotels, planes, food (and whatever other expenses) for 3 other people (dad, mom, brother), as well as oneself is not cheap... I don't blame them for watching their money :tape:

hablo
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:13 PM
They are not saying that she should stop being coached by the father, they are just "critiscizing" the way she is coached.

that's not the impression I get... they said in the reportage that the french federation has problems with her dad :shrug:

anyhow, it's too bad they have to make her and her family look like weirdos in this "reportage" that's all. I remember a canadian player who had to sleep in a car, nevermind a van, cause she didn't get sponsorship at one time.

Neptune
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:17 PM
$192,153 career earnings

I wouldn't call her "rich"... hotels, planes, food (and whatever other expenses) for 3 other people (dad, mom, brother), as well as oneself is not cheap... I don't blame them for watching their money :tape:
Je continue en Français si ça ne te dérange pas! ;)
Je voulais dire que quelque soit les aides que donnerait la fédération(de toute façon le père serait trop fier pr les accepter donc la question ne se pose pas).
Je pense que la famille gardera le même train de vie,parce que c'est avant tout un choix de vie.Ils ont chosit de vivre comme cela.Crois moi qu'il y a des joueuses qui ne sont pas très riches et qui arrivent à se payer un hotel et des avions pr commençer leurs carrières en attendant mieux.C'est qu'ils ne veulent pas tout simplement. :)

Diam's
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:17 PM
$192,153 career earnings

As they say at the end of the reportage, it's their choice to travel like this :shrug:

Uranus
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:23 PM
There were problems between father Rezai and the FFT... I don't know exactly what but we can't totally blame the FFT for that.

I think nearly $150,000 tennis earnings is enough to travel :confused: Maybe they have debts :shrug:

Diam's
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:24 PM
that's not the impression I get... they said in the reportage that the french federation has problems with her dad :shrug:

It's not as if the French federation had never helped her. They stopped to help her apparently because of some incidents involving her father. The problem is that we don't know what actually happened (but it's obvious that something happened because she herself doesn't seem to deny it) so it's a little easy to put all the blame on the federation.

CooCooCachoo
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah, it is their choice.

I think it would be best for Aravane to break with her dad, but she won't. It's so hard on her, but she remains such a sweet and positive girl!

Nicolas
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:26 PM
Je voulais dire que quelque soit les aides que donnerait la fédération(de toute façon le père serait trop fier pr les accepter donc la question ne se pose pas).
Je pense que la famille gardera le même train de vie,parce que c'est avant tout un choix de vie.Ils ont chosit de vivre comme cela.Crois moi qu'il y a des joueuses qui ne sont pas très riches et qui arrivent à se payer un hotel et des avions pr commençer leurs carrières en attendant mieux.C'est qu'ils ne veulent pas tout simplement. :)

C'est clair qu'on ne peut pas lui imposer de changer. Maintenant, on verra si elle est capable de devenir N°1 mondiale avec ce style de vie ;) (je lui souhaite evidemment)!!!

Neptune
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:28 PM
There were problems between father Rezai and the FFT... I don't know exactly what but we can't totally blame the FFT for that.

I think nearly $150,000 tennis earnings is enough to travel :confused: Maybe they have debts :shrug:
Yea,it's enought.Her father clearly explain in the interview that he want to become a Richard Williams,you know,a french version of the father who has educated her daugther to achieve great thing in tennis.Has clearly said that he want Aravane to become the Number one in the world.
Even if the federation will start to give some money,her father will refuse by pride.So,the question is not here,they has said that it's their choice to live like that. :)

Uranus
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:29 PM
Je pense exactement la même chose. Maintenant je ne suis pas dans sa tête :drool:

Diam's
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:37 PM
As for sponsors, does anyone remember that during Roland Garros her dad had said that he had contacts with some potential sponsors ?
and yet according to this reportage she currently has only one single sponsor. :shrug:

Neptune
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:47 PM
As for sponsors, does anyone remember that during Roland Garros her dad had said that he had contacts with some potential sponsors ?
and yet according to this reportage she currently has only one single sponsor. :shrug:
She's sponsorised by a airport,that's all I know.

hablo
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:56 PM
je sais pas trop si il est question de fierté pour le père et ses conflits avec la fédération ;)

mais bon, si c'est ce qui l'accommode de voyager en caravane, enfin ça la regarde (moi je ferais pas ça :tape: )... moi ce qui me dérange avec ce reportage c'est le parti pris, le ton... on veut donner l'impression que cette famille est bien étrange à cause des conflits avec la fédération française, mais à tt un chacun son opinion :)

Neptune
Oct 1st, 2006, 09:04 PM
je sais pas trop si il est question de fierté pour le père et ses conflits avec la fédération ;)

mais bon, si c'est qui l'accommode de voyager en caravane, enfin ça la regarde (moi je ferais pas ça :tape: )... moi ce qui me dérange avec ce reportage c'est le parti pris, le ton... on veut donner l'impression que cette famille est bien étrange à cause des conflits avec la fédération française, mais à tt un chacun son opinion :)
Le conflit avec la fédération n'est abordé que trois secondes dans le reportage.Ce que le journaliste souhaite avant tout montrer,c'est le style de vie différent et original qu'on adpoté les Rezai.D'ailleurs,ils ne les jugent jamais dans le reportage en disant que c'est ridicule ou quoi que ce soit,il montre leurs univers de manière assez objectif.Et c'est à souligner,parce que Stade 2 ne fait pas toujours dans la dentelle.Comme il l'explique(la famille et le journaliste)c'est leur choix.Ils le répètent plusieurs fois durant le reportage.
Néanmoins,pour donner mon avis,je trouve leur système de vie assez impensable vu tout l'argent qu'ils possédent.Et toujours à se plaindre qu'ils n'ont pas assez d'argent pour voyager,c'est faux.
Rezai ne pourra continuer a espéré aller plus loin si elle contunie comme ça.D'abord dormir dans une caravane,c'est mauvais pour le dos.Elle pourrait récupérer cent fois plus vite si elle voyagait en avion plutôt que de rouler toute les nuits et de dormir très peu.Je crois qu'à un moment donné,pour avancer,il faut savoir prendre des choix.

polishprodigy
Oct 1st, 2006, 09:31 PM
I don't speak or understand French, but from what I gathered from the video, Aravane is another tennis player with a "demanding" father. Hey, she is doing well, and if this is what she chooses to do, then so be it, but she shouldn't complain that she is poor.

What "top" training she receives (lol at the green chair).

Also, is it not true the French Federation was upset that Rezai chose to represent Iran at the Muslim Games?