PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Become a Fan of Alona Bondarenko This Week?

-sugi-
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:42 PM
I was just wondering, because it seems Alona has gained lots more support and thought it would be interesting to see...

I liked Alona since I saw her match vs Dementieva in the first round of the 2005 Australian Open but this week has made me like her even more and appreciate her. Lets hope it will be the first of many titles

:yippee:

So who else has become a fan this week? :wavey:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:44 PM
Well I'm a bit of her fan now, she impressed me by the way she played during the tournanemt and I'm quite happy that she's the winner of Luxembourg ;)

BUBI
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:45 PM
Me :yippee:

She's gorgeous :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Dexter
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:45 PM
I always liked Bondarenko sisters... not a hardcore fan, but always wish them luck :angel:

partbrit
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:46 PM
I became a fan of hers during this year's Family Circle Cup. If you saw her there, it was hard to forget her.

LDF
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:48 PM
Before this week I hadn't seen too much of Alona, but her performance in Luxembourg was brilliant. She was so composed in the final (much more so than Schiavone) and produced some stunning power tennis :worship:

Hopefully she can build on this tournament :)

The Dawntreader
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM
Before this week I hadn't seen too much of Alona, but her performance in Luxembourg was brilliant. She was so composed in the final (much more so than Schiavone) and produced some stunning power tennis :worship:

Hopefully she can build on this tournament :)

Yeah i was so impressed with Bondarenko this week. Up until now, she's kind of been a background name, but she's really shone this week.

Her baseline game is so strong. She takes the ball at the top of the bounce and really produces stunning winners. Also she has very strong movement, especially moving forward :D

And also, she aint half hot! :hearts:

Shonami Slam
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:55 PM
ever since looking for other tennis triple-siblings other than maleevas. some year and a half ago.

Ksenia.
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:03 PM
Meeee :D

IMPOSSIBLE
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:17 PM
Like Her Game

Paul.
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:31 PM
definitely me!

safinforlife
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:32 PM
I think shes a train wreck.

Natalicious
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:51 PM
i like her game!! i'm a little fan of her now

RR-87
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:00 PM
I've been always fan of her but now I love her more :) :hearts:

-GenEz.Williams
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:06 PM
not really a big fan ...but i like her now and then.

Kimster
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:15 PM
I started to like her this week, so i put her in my list... Don't know whether she'll work her way up or not. It's all up to her. :)

Jogi
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:18 PM
me, definitly

Wayn77
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:22 PM
Not a fan yet, but I was impressed with what I saw today - top 20 potential for sure.

DragonFlame
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:42 PM
definetly beginning to like her after this week, she made some amazing shots! :eek: :D

~Eclipsed~
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:22 PM
I wish I could have seen her play. I only seen pictures from her and she's pretty hot. That's all i know about her lol

Mileen
Oct 1st, 2006, 09:55 PM
Me!

LeRoy.
Oct 1st, 2006, 09:57 PM
is she the flavor of the week ? if so i am on the bandwagon until she loses her next match :)

crazillo
Oct 1st, 2006, 09:59 PM
I liked her before, but even more now. :)

meyerpl
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:13 PM
I found an open tattoo parlor this afternoon and got her likeness tattooed on my bicep. When I flex my muscle, she winks.

AJZ.
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:00 PM
I don't know. She seemed kind of rude when I saw her...

Cris Senior
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:27 PM
This is actually a comeback of sorts for Alona who at the USO hadt 4 mp's against Chakvedtaze and ended up losing the match in an iunbelievable case of butterflies and nerves. I talked to her coach during practice and recommended to put her immediately under meditation exercizes. He actuallly thouight it was a good idea, so maybe it worked..
Also her sister Katerina ,twice alona;s size , is very impressive and the two play excellent doubles.

Ferosh
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:28 PM
Congrats to her on the win. However, I did not become a fan.

Shooter
Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:32 AM
Interesting, because I saw Alyona beat Chakvetadze in L.A. She's not as talented as Anna. She won that match on sheer guts and desire. She impressed me that day. Alyona's sister, Katerina, is the one who needs meditation or a sports psychologist. Kat gets very wound up during matches. Witness the pic below from the San Diego qualifying. She was on the verge of a nervous breakdown the whole match (which she won)!

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/Misc/Kat_Mad.jpg

This is actually a comeback of sorts for Alona who at the USO hadt 4 mp's against Chakvedtaze and ended up losing the match in an iunbelievable case of butterflies and nerves. I talked to her coach during practice and recommended to put her immediately under meditation exercizes. He actuallly thouight it was a good idea, so maybe it worked..
Also her sister Katerina ,twice alona;s size , is very impressive and the two play excellent doubles.

jimbo mack
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
I was impressed by alona's coolness and the way she kept calm during the final, shows she can handle the big situations

mashamaniac
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:03 PM
yeah.i also sided her in this luxemborg final and found her one of the nicest girls out there on the wta tour...so hoppe she'll keep up the good work!

V-MAC
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
she sure is pretty to look at ;) but I'll leave this bandwagon pass me by for now

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:32 PM
She played well and I didn't know that she's a very pretty girl.
She's in my top 10 now (on that list). But I'm not a real fan.

Wintermute
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:28 PM
This is actually a comeback of sorts for Alona who at the USO hadt 4 mp's against Chakvedtaze and ended up losing the match in an iunbelievable case of butterflies and nerves.

Do you mean set points? Because Anna won that match 7-6(6) 6-0.

meyerpl
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:45 PM
Truthfully, I don't know how you could have watched her in Luxembourg and not liked what you saw.

sapir1434
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
I don't think I became a fan of her but she definitely impressed me this week, so I wish her luck ;)