PDA

View Full Version : Stuttgart Draw

pierce the best
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:08 PM
Hi boys and girls,

mary will play in the first round Jelena jankovic(8). So not that easy, jelena is playing very good tennis. Second round it will be a qualifier and then in the quarters could be Svetlana Kuz. and in the semis or Petrove or Safina

So the question is has Mary a coach or not. Does anibody knows something

ClaudiaZ-S
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:35 PM
:help:

Lunatiq
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM
Hi boys and girls,

mary will play in the first round Jelena jankovic(8). So not that easy, jelena is playing very good tennis. Second round it will be a qualifier and then in the quarters could be Svetlana Kuz. and in the semis or Petrove or Safina

there won't be any second round! Jankovic will win in two sets. If Mary will win that would means she works on her fitness and form. That would be cool;)

But for now I feel there won't be any second round. I hope I am wrong...

Paul.
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:15 PM
HORRIBLE DRAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only thing is that jelena retired against anna so she obviously isnt 100%

pierce_fanatic
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:23 PM
there won't be any second round! Jankovic will win in two sets. If Mary will win that would means she works on her fitness and form. That would be cool;)

But for now I feel there won't be any second round. I hope I am wrong...
geeez you cant get any more negative than that :help:

I don't care what happens, as long as Mary tries her best and who knows she could very well surprise us.

Good Luck Mary and have fun :kiss:

saby
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:24 PM
Hi boys and girls,

yes she has one i posted on the "news of mary september 2006", it's an american but we don't know the name yet, but stefi is going to stutgart this week so will know his name soon...

pierce the best
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:34 PM
dont think because she lost in the first round in luxembourg that she will loose against jelena, i really think she has chances to advance.

it can perhaps be that the coach she has is one of the bollietterie academy.

Sund7101
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:46 PM
This is good for Mary, she's not playing horrible last week she lost to the eventual champion. She isn't near 100%, but she needs to play better people in order to regain her top form. I'm glad this happened win or lose, but hopefully a win. :)

TennisPlayingFox
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:20 PM
A very tough draw! Jankovic will be evry tough but Mary can beat her! Good luck Mary!

saby
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM
Mary said she is at 60% of her real level but she's getting better and better

Vanilla Ninzia
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:39 PM
Jankovic was injured.

Belmont Lad
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:24 PM
:scared: Jelena is a tough first rd draw. Hopefully Mary can bring her best!

DomenicDemaria
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:19 AM
Tough first round. It will be a good test. Good Luck Mary. I think Mary in three.

Verdasco
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:52 AM
Go Mary. I hope she beats Jankovic. As somebody said earlier, Mary isn't playing bad just because she lost in the First Round of Luxembourg because she lost to Alona Bondarenko who went on the win the Title. Also, Jankovic retired injured in her last match a few days ago so she might not be 100% so Mary does actually have a chance. Never count Mary out. Remember when everybody thought she was going to retire and then she reached the Final of the French Open 2005?

Jelena Dokic Mary Pierce Kim Clijsters Nadia Petrova Lindsay Davenport Jennifer Capriati Elena Dementieva Dinara Safina Daniela Hantuchova

Verdasco
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:57 AM
Oh and by the way, Mary and Jankovic have played each other once before and that was at the US Open Third Round 2005 where Mary was leading 6-3 3-0 when Jankovic retired.

DokicForever
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:25 AM
come on Mary. you can do it!!

squig2k
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:16 PM
when i saw mary drawn against jankovic, i nearly gave up. but this should be a good test for mary, althought i like jankovic, perhaps her injury may allow mary to dominate, althought jankovic does retire quite regularly in her matches :S
all marys hard work this fall should hopefully pay off

1star
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:59 PM
HORRIBLE DRAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only thing is that jelena retired against anna so she obviously isnt 100%Remember Anna leads the H2H by 4:1. She can beat a 100% Jelena.
I have a feeling that Mary will have a chance.

atoutix
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:49 PM
mARY...DO IT !!! :)

rsunderji
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
I think it's irrelevant who Mary plays. She's proven that if she is healthy and fit and match-ready that she can beat anyone on the tour. Let's hope that she is in good shape and ready to grind out a tough match. Go Mary!
Rahim

sebbe
Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:16 AM
This will be a great test for Mary.

DomenicDemaria
Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:26 AM
I think it's irrelevant who Mary plays. She's proven that if she is healthy and fit and match-ready that she can beat anyone on the tour. Let's hope that she is in good shape and ready to grind out a tough match. Go Mary!
Rahim

I absolutely agree with you. Mary has the experience and game to beat anyone. Hopefully she can get a few wins here. It would be good for her confidence.

ashwu
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:29 PM
when will mary play? i just got back, fill me in~

saby
Oct 3rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
You can see mary few secondes on that video

http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/web/german-tournament_movie_highlights (http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/web/german-tournament_movie_highlights)

Paul.
Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
i think i will be able to watch the match :banana:

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Ok the order of play is out for October 4

Center Court (from 13.30hrs)
Hantuchova vs. Bammer
Dementieva vs. Srebotnik (NB 16.00hrs)
Jankovic vs. Pierce
Müller vs. Kuznetsova (NB 19.30hrs)
Benesova vs. Schiavone

It's a bit strange how Mary is playing her first match on Wednesday but anyway.

Good Luck Mary. You can do it :)

Sund7101
Oct 4th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I am so excited that Mary is playing again, I hope she can play well and regain her confidence. If she can gain some momentum into next year that would be great!

Good luck tomorrow!

Allez Mary!

sebbe
Oct 4th, 2006, 01:09 AM
To bad she is the third match...eurosport will just cover the first to matches! Quelle surprise!

Vacant
Oct 4th, 2006, 02:05 AM
It's on ES2 if you have it. I can't wait.

Jankovic is playing great, but she's a little tired so I hope Mary can take advantage.

dannypierce
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Allez Mary.

ashwu
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:58 AM
go mary!!!!!

Verdasco
Oct 4th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Come on Mary. You can do it.

Mary has tried to make a comeback for several years but she has unfortunately injured. In 2005, she was practically injury free and had a great year. Unfortunately it takes ages for Mary to recover from her injuries and even when she recovers, she goes through a couple of tough losses, like she has in the last couple of months in 2006. If Mary can stay injury free for the rest of the year, I think she will be a player to watch at the Australian Open 2007 because she will have some matches under her belt.

Go Mary! Kill Skankobitch!

Mary Pierce
Australian Open Champion 1995 Roland Garros Champion 2000

paul B
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:32 AM
thinking of you mary.all the best against jankovic.have fun.love you heaps.

paul B
Oct 4th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Mary is still number 17 in world.Wow,shows how good she is to be still ranked so high after an uneventful year.I'm excited about her next 18 months.GO MARY.

zibaas
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Mary is still number 17 in world.Wow,shows how good she is to be still ranked so high after an uneventful year.I'm excited about her next 18 months.GO MARY.

yeah!!
she was 18# last week but after luxembourg she claimed to 17# :)

Belmont Lad
Oct 4th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Omg, will this interminably boring Dementieva/Srebotnik match ever end?!!! :fiery: :mad: Bring on Mary/Jelena already! :armed:

Belmont Lad
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:08 PM
A very well played first rd match, but Mary came up just on the losing end against Jankovic this evening. :sad: It was a tough draw against Jelena, and I think Mary aquitted herself quite well. I have all confidence that with a decent draw and continued health, we will see great results from Mary still to come :kiss: :)

Paul.
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
really positive perfromance from mary

she played extremely well in the first set

she could have beaten practically anyone playing like that - jelena's serving was just too good.

i am really happy at how mary played - if this is 60-70%, i cant wait to see when she gets back to 100%!!!!

and as usual, she clapped jelena after her great shots and the hand shake at the end
was a great moment - mary's genuine smile ;)

Paul.
Oct 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
a good draw in zurich and linz should see mary win a good few matches ;)

squig2k
Oct 5th, 2006, 04:19 PM
amazing match - im proud of how mary played, it really cheered me up for her comeback! if it was not jankovic, she would have beaten her opponent, its a pity she was drawn against one of the most in form players this year.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 6th, 2006, 06:35 AM
GOOD LUCK in Zurich Maree :kiss: