PDA

View Full Version : Interesting proposition...

Orion
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:19 AM
Let's say the William sisters regain their form and fight back into the top 20. And also, Tulyaganova makes a complete recovery. And, just for arguments sake, Daniliidou too. Which players do you see them replacing?

In other words, who are the weakest links in the top 20 and thereabouts right now?

hingis'boyfriend
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:21 AM
Schnyder, Petrova, Groenefeld and Na Li

DutchieGirl
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:21 AM
Penetta...if she's even still in the top 20, would probably be one to drop...

Europe rocks
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:29 AM
Pennetta, Groenefeld, Pierce, Li

brytnni
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:32 AM
all except amelie..maria...kim...justine...the rest are dreadful

papru
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:29 PM
petrova, schnyder, myskina, groenefeld

Beny
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:32 PM
Anna-Lena and Petrova. But Petrova will play well soon...So will Patty.
Anna-Lena is hopeless...
Pierce..will play better soon...too.
So only one place left- possible for one of those four

krystlel
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:48 PM
Pennetta has just dropped out of the top 20. She's at 21 at the moment.

Groenefeld most likely, but her form could pick up.
Hantuchova probably. Her results aren't consistent enough and she won't have many great tournaments either.
Pierce, though Pierce has plenty of opportunities to pick up points. It really depends when this "replacement" will occur. If it's in the near future, Pierce, yes, if much later, maybe not.
For the fourth choice, Li or Myskina.

How boring of me. I pretty much picked the bottom four in the top 20.

Really, any of the lower section could start slumping, though some of the more talented or more dangerous players might be able to get away with it more with some great results. Then again it is usually those type of players that slump, not the consistent ones (at least not to the same extent).

Shonami Slam
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:39 PM
never going to happen, otherwise why not add smashnova, shaugnessy, zvonareva and suarez into the list - all had a time in which they were ligitimate top20 players with consistent form that troubled the greats, combining wins over just about the complete tour between them.

supergrunt
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:27 PM
Serena= Mauresmo
Venus= Justine

DutchieGirl
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:54 PM
Pennetta has just dropped out of the top 20. She's at 21 at the moment.

Groenefeld most likely, but her form could pick up.
Hantuchova probably. Her results aren't consistent enough and she won't have many great tournaments either.
Pierce, though Pierce has plenty of opportunities to pick up points. It really depends when this "replacement" will occur. If it's in the near future, Pierce, yes, if much later, maybe not.
For the fourth choice, Li or Myskina.

How boring of me. I pretty much picked the bottom four in the top 20.

Really, any of the lower section could start slumping, though some of the more talented or more dangerous players might be able to get away with it more with some great results. Then again it is usually those type of players that slump, not the consistent ones (at least not to the same extent).

ahh ok - I wasn't sure exactly where she was. ;)