PDA

View Full Version : How Can Venus Lose 6-0 ??

Direwolf
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I just wanted to know why she didnt change her game plan...
I mean, she would have, had this match taken place in
2002, well I think she would..
What did Aga(sp) did that Venus had trouble with??

Is it a good thing that she lost,
I mean, so that she could perfect that slice backhand???

arslan2660
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:22 PM
She just wasnøt there!! First of all, she WAS injured. And Aga just got everything back, which Venus couldn't handle. But I understand how you feel, i felt the same way! But, hey.. She will be back, so don't worry!!!

hingis'boyfriend
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:23 PM
How could Hingis lose 6-0? :help:

Brooklyn90
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:24 PM
she was injuredddddddddddddddddddddd

CooCooCachoo
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Cause she likes bagels? :shrug:

What a :weirdo:ed question.

Darop.
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:27 PM

Perfect the backhand slice???? :spit: :haha: :roll:

Yeah, she was playing the backhand slice because she wanted to perfect it, while playing the 2nd round in a Tier II.

:weirdo:

Viktymise
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Cause she couldnt hit a BH and was reeling that she reinjured herself, its not like Radwanska outplayed her :rolleyes:

Direwolf
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:55 PM
yes she was injured (LEFT WRIST), can't she serve and volley??
or run to the forehand..

Perfect the backhand slice???? :spit: :haha: :roll:

Yeah, she was playing the backhand slice because she wanted to perfect it, while playing the 2nd round in a Tier II.

Dumbass...i notice that she did some slices but wasnt that good enought...
obviously u cant perfect strokes at once...
What i meant was, she realised that she need to perfect her slices so that once her wrist flarred up again, she still have that slices to turn to...

How could Hingis lose 6-0?
I was shocked by the score too....

well it's all over now...
i just hope that she would learn a lot from this... :angel:

supergrunt
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:57 PM
yes I agree she was definatley injured. :) It is hard to beleive that she beat Ana and then and then lost to Aga simply becuase Aga outplayed her.

:inlove:
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:59 PM
She has had experience getting served bagels from teenagers. :)
Pironkova, Karatancheva...One more couldn't hurt. :shrug:

LH2HBH
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Venus's slice backhand is not the best in the business. She uses on occasion though and I guess it came in handy the other day.

davidmario
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:08 PM
venus bagelled karatantcheva in that match and not the other way;)

vee was injured in that match against aga. she even had problems to toss the ball while serving. it was wrong from her to continue that match:SAD:

new-york
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:11 PM
tennis offers tons of situations.

the last time, she got bagelled, her wrist helped a lot.

croat123
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:36 PM
i'm not even a fan of venus, but i must say that she showed true class and courage in that match. 99% of players would have retired, but she fought and tried everything she could. radwanska hit every to her backhand and that made it impossible because venus only tried to hit the two hander once in that set. it was really sad to watch (although she did have that one sick slice winner crosscourt)

Aaron68
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:41 PM
i'm not even a fan of venus, but i must say that she showed true class and courage in that match. 99% of players would have retired, but she fought and tried everything she could. radwanska hit every to her backhand and that made it impossible because venus only tried to hit the two hander once in that set. it was really sad to watch (although she did have that one sick slice winner crosscourt)

Quoted for Truth.

I am not, by any means, a Venus fan. But that was classy and gritty of her to try and fight it out.

She probably had little chance of making the injury worse, since she wasn't really using that wrist. So she just fought her best. Good for her.

And that ends up being a pretty huge win for Aga too. Too bad they did away with quality points, eh?

Aaron68
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:41 PM

Quoted for Truth.

I am not, by any means, a Venus fan. But that was classy and gritty of her to try and fight it out.

She probably had little chance of making the injury worse, since she wasn't really using that wrist. So she just fought her best. Good for her.

darrinbaker00
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Cause she couldnt hit a BH and was reeling that she reinjured herself, its not like Radwanska outplayed her :rolleyes:
1. If Venus was healthy enough to start and finish the match, then she was healthy enough to win it.
2. The chair umpire said "Game, set, match, Radwanska" after the last point was played, so Radwanska did outplay Venus.

Like a poster said earlier, Venus could have tried coming in behind her serve. She also could have tried chipping and charging on Radwanska's serve. I give Venus all the credit in the world for not defaulting, but in doing so, she proved the fact that her game lacks variety.

Paneru
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:33 PM
1. If Venus was healthy enough to start and finish the match, then she was healthy enough to win it.
2. The chair umpire said "Game, set, match, Radwanska" after the last point was played, so Radwanska did outplay Venus.

Like a poster said earlier, Venus could have tried coming in behind her serve. She also could have tried chipping and charging on Radwanska's serve. I give Venus all the credit in the world for not defaulting, but in doing so, she proved the fact that her game lacks variety.

Oh please! :rolleyes:

Her wrist was hurting dipshit! I don't care how much
fucking variety you have, if your wrist is hurting like
that and your opponenet knows it and hits everything
to that wing, the result would still more than
likely have been the same despite the score.

Venus has nice variety for one whose entire game is based
on power and naturally much less than the Momo's and JHH's
out their whose games were not.

Venus' slice is okay but she hasn't really ever continued on in
a match before in that kind of pain where she knew their was
little to no chance and one could see that on her face as she
has been taught to retire from such matches. So kudos to her
for atleast giving it a go. And who knows, maybe this will prompt
Venus to maybe work on that slice a bit more as often times being
forced to use what is out of the ordinary brings new things you've
only ever maybe used in passing.

Leave it to this board to slam her when she didn't retire
but tried even hurt, yet had she retired would've been slammed
even worse.

Radawanska is a good up and coming player who saw an opportunity
and was able to mentally focus and capitalize, so that speaks
well for her also.

darrinbaker00
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Oh please! :rolleyes:

Her wrist was hurting dipshit! I don't care how much
fucking variety you have, if your wrist is hurting like
that and your opponenet knows it and hits everything
to that wing, the result would still more than
likely have been the same despite the score.

Venus has nice variety for one whose entire game is based
on power and naturally much less than the Momo's and JHH's
out their whose games were not.

Venus' slice is okay but she hasn't really ever continued on in
a match before in that kind of pain where she knew their was
little to no chance and one could see that on her face as she
has been taught to retire from such matches. So kudos to her
for atleast giving it a go. And who knows, maybe this will prompt
Venus to maybe work on that slice a bit more as often times being
forced to use what is out of the ordinary brings new things you've
only ever maybe used in passing.

Leave it to this board to slam her when she didn't retire
but tried even hurt, yet had she retired would've been slammed
even worse.

Radawanska is a good up and coming player who saw an opportunity
and was able to mentally focus and capitalize, so that speaks
well for her also.
1. It's MISTER Dips***, thank you very much.

2. Since Venus obviously couldn't hit her normal backhand groundstrokes, why not come in as much as possible and make Radwanska pass her? The result couldn't have been any worse, don't you agree?

3. The part of your post I bolded is a contradiction. If your entire game is based on power (or any one element, for that matter), you can't have variety.

4. Venus has contined on in matches when she was in that kind of pain before. Remember Wimbledon '03? I'm sure Kim Clijsters does.

5. If I or anyone else is slamming Venus, so what? If you don't want criticism, then don't do anything.

perseus2006
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:57 AM
How Can Venus Lose 6-0 ??

The traditional way is to play a set without winning a game.

manu32
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:58 AM
is not how but why???

perseus2006
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:02 AM
The thread question is clearly spelled out as "How".

Veenut
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:08 AM
Shit happens!! I Think she should have retired after the first set and saved herself the agony.

darrinbaker00
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:13 AM
Shit happens!! I Think she should have retired after the first set and saved herself the agony.
That's not what champions do, my friend.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:15 AM
Should I blames Agnieszka Radwanska? Cause much satirizes at the face of defeat to favorite of this person is Venus Williams! Really discontent ensues, with much droppings gone forward with tampons! Got much harvest shit!

Anyone advices me on how to do? :confused:

darrinbaker00
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:18 AM
Should I blames Agnieszka Radwanska? Cause much satirizes at the face of defeat to favorite of this person is Venus Williams! Really discontent ensues, with much droppings gone forward with tampons! Got much harvest shit!

Could someone please translate that for me? I'm not fluent in gibberish.

faste5683
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:21 AM
1. It's MISTER Dips***, thank you very much.

:lol:
I thought it was MISTER "Backwater" - Dip***! :tape:

What the hell is going on around here Darrin? Is it "Abuse a C.P.A." week or what?? :eek:

:wavey:

olivia100
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:23 AM

What the fuck are you saying. And somebody talked about my grammar. How come you people are not attacking this poster. Not one of us on this board has a clue what he/she/it is trying to say. Oh lord have mercy.

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:24 AM
Not one of us on this board has a clue what he/she/it is trying to say.
That was the point of my post, dear.

50Sense
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:25 AM
....by not winning any games. That's how.

darrinbaker00
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:28 AM
I thought it was MISTER "Backwater" - Dip***! :tape:

What the hell is going on around here Darrin? Is it "Abuse a C.P.A." week or what?? :eek:

I'm not a CPA, Ed. I work for a living. ;)

Veenut
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:08 AM
That's not what champions do, my friend.

Well this is not a stomach ache and the last few times she continued to play hurt caused her to be out for several weeks.

sunset
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:51 AM

You still don't get it do you.
It's Over. :lol:

Williams Rulez
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:19 AM
It's Over. :lol::rolleyes: so nice of you to be so sympathetic towards someone who was injured but still trying hard on court

Marcus Jordan
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:36 AM
Martina beat her 6-1 6-1 in 2001 (also beat Serena in the same Aust Open)

Lindsayfan32
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:49 AM
she was injuredddddddddddddddddddddd

That's a really good over used ready excuse. If she was "injured" why didn't she pull out before the match. The Williams sisters are good with the excuses and its never I was beaten by a better player.

Also its not that hard to beat Venus 6-0 either they need to go and get themselves a coach that not their parents and then work really hard on theiir fitness then they might start winning matches or heck they might even get back to their former glory days.

Uranus
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:49 AM
Venus was injured and couldn't hit a two-handed backhand. That's all!

sky20748
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:57 AM
i saw the match and let's say that the player out there was not venus williams.i will give the other girl credit ok she played smart.but it was very evident that venus was injured.holding her wrist and grimacing and i thought at one moment she was going to burst out crying.i felt so bad that i was screaming thru my set for her to retire.but i am glad that she stuck it out and showed that she has true sportsmanship.i know that she was hoping against hope that she could turn it around.but i saw her toss and it was not good.i just hope that she takes the rest of the year off and rehab and get stronger and if she comes back good,if she doesnt still good because she has nothing to hold her head down for.she was number one she has 5 grandslams,various titles and doubles titles and olympic gold.not to shabby if u ask me.

sky20748
Oct 1st, 2006, 09:06 AM
people are bashing venus,but what about elena d.she was clearly not injured and the girl put a whooping on her.and then to get beat by schiavone ok.like i said yes venus need to incorporate different elements in her game but elena d will never win a slam with that double fault problem.it goes to show that no matter what is said about venus and serena when they put there mind into it they win.hell last year they won a grandslam.but they are washed up right.the same opponent(davenport) was beaten by 2 washed up sisters in the same year for a grandslam.come on people.everyone is human and venus got injured.when she loses everyone jumps down her throat,when she wins u jump down her throat.come off it.is anyone on this board a professional tennis player.hell no.dont judge cuz when they finally retire from tennis then what.you have girls on tour who won what 1-2 titles and not a grandslam.so dont bash the williams girls cuz they already did there duty.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:22 AM
That's a really good over used ready excuse. If she was "injured" why didn't she pull out before the match. The Williams sisters are good with the excuses and its never I was beaten by a better player.

Also its not that hard to beat Venus 6-0 either they need to go and get themselves a coach that not their parents and then work really hard on theiir fitness then they might start winning matches or heck they might even get back to their former glory days.
Because she reinjured her wrist during the match :rolleyes: And then she continued to play because she was ambitious and wanned to finish the match, that's all...

Dexter
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:24 AM
wow, some people will never get over it, it seems... :tape:

faste5683
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:25 AM
Well, the way I look at it is that Vee made a decision: she was going to play that second set even though early on she knew she didn't have much of a chance. I applaud the decision, because she (more than likely) wanted to give the fans a bit more tennis. If she had retired, that would have been fine too.

new-york
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:31 AM

nobody said they can't be beaten with that scoreline without being injured.

yet, this specific time, not being able to produce her best shot was definitely a factor.

olivia100
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:41 PM
That was the point of my post, dear.

Why would you create a post that no one understands?

olivia100
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:43 PM

Don't be mad at V&S because they both beat her in the last two GS finals they played in. Maybe Lin should get a coach to teach her how to win slams...don't ya think.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:34 PM
Venus didn't lose. She beat herself.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:56 PM
What the fuck are you saying. And somebody talked about my grammar. How come you people are not attacking this poster. Not one of us on this board has a clue what he/she/it is trying to say. Oh lord have mercy.

I understood to this post completely and it amuses me it is large as you can be therefore delayed in the development [o] you will ask to this persona of features take, it is which he speaks, I will intend, you think you??!!!!!!

Venus Of williams losing complete set 6-0 to certain persona from EUROPE it tells us that tennis goes into disrepute and everything ruins…. it clearly does show she does have 0 varieties and is incapable even to arrive to net and to make her opponent to pass it… was it possibly time of the month?

davidmario
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:11 PM
I give Radwanska NO CREDIT for that win. It's just that Venus gave her that win due to the injury. I think I would have won against Venus too!

I do give her Credit for beating Dementieva, though :bigclap:

Direwolf
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:43 PM

I mean Venus nor Radwanska any disrespect.

Cuz I dont think that the problem with Venus is only her 'BACKHAND',
Cuz i know that when she gets injured during a match,
she lets that injury bother her.

I mean Wimbly 03, she aggrevated her injury again
in the Semis right, she continued to 'let'
that injury affected..then suddenly the rain came
and it helped her cope with her injury MENTALLY...
SHE BLOCKED THAT INJURY..
...GET IT??!!!...

So...all in all...i have a concluded that
she isnt MENTALLY HEALTHY enought to play (at the top level) consecutive matches at a tournament, well not anymore..!!!

But...I think that she should get a coach to coach her bout preparing her mental toughness for a 'whole' tournament
and not just for a match...

And...i hope that they go back on bringing their notes to the court..!! :)
Heal fast Venus !!

hotandspicey
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:57 PM
And you should get over your automatic bad reps, calling people "racist fuck, bitch dog".:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Net time you take a vacation, I hope it's for good.

vwfan
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:02 PM

Also its not that hard to beat Venus 6-0 either they need to go and get themselves a coach that not their parents and then work really hard on theiir fitness then they might start winning matches or heck they might even get back to their former glory days.Yeh, it happens all the time and is the reason we have a thread about it. every player loses badly and inexplicably including getting bagelled.

In fact, I recall a Grand Slam final where your favorite (and one of mine's btw) got bagelled. :tape:

I also recall that Venus' "glory days" are more a part of recent memory than say, Lindsay's. So Venus' fitness and coaching got her 5 grand slams and one as recently as last year.

Again, people who live in glass houses, really really should avoid stones at all costs!

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 1st, 2006, 07:57 PM
I understood to this post completely and it amuses me it is large as you can be therefore delayed in the development [o] you will ask to this persona of features take, it is which he speaks, I will intend, you think you??!!!!!!

Venus Of williams losing complete set 6-0 to certain persona from EUROPE it tells us that tennis goes into disrepute and everything ruins…. it clearly does show she does have 0 varieties and is incapable even to arrive to net and to make her opponent to pass it… was it possibly time of the month?
The swallow and the advance guard of this harvest gumballs hazard this Jen who is not it it is prepared that much and there is, I. With realness the muchly wind it does to sleep in company one despair? When it enters the inside the bedroom in this barn of this and in the tennis court and possibly inside the gras, the chicken hatched the hay which it does not know is visible on the right side. All there is a good intention this case of what hereupon to in the tree, my indirect non- pulverization volley. This chance hazard thanks. Very inside future company one total Ing s. Possibly to Venus compared to there is a chance inside hour?

!<blocparty>!
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:28 PM
The swallow and the advance guard of this harvest gumballs hazard this Jen who is not it it is prepared that much and there is, I. With realness the muchly wind it does to sleep in company one despair? When it enters the inside the bedroom in this barn of this and in the tennis court and possibly inside the gras, the chicken hatched the hay which it does not know is visible on the right side. All there is a good intention this case of what hereupon to in the tree, my indirect non- pulverization volley. This chance hazard thanks. Very inside future company one total Ing s. Possibly to Venus compared to there is a chance inside hour?

hmmm, I see its point here, which is in fact extremely valid. nevertheless with the chicken and the wind in the barn, Venus was put possibly extinguished by the shouts and the lamentations of the animals. But fear no, his fourth ruthless forward and service could become and save the day secondly. Varitey was the dominant one… because she did does not give to return in a single machine backhand it given as GRAF de STEFFI and strikes foehands deeply inside of the corner backhand, this would have been possible. But NO! SHE LET IT GO! Idiot American. :mad::mad:

Lindsayfan32
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:29 PM
Don't be mad at V&S because they both beat her in the last two GS finals they played in. Maybe Lin should get a coach to teach her how to win slams...don't ya think.

I'm not mad at that they deserved their wins. I am just stating the facts about the question being asked. The williams sisters won't even get close to where they were unless they out and do the hard work. At least in Lindsay's case she putting in the hard work and playing matches and when she beaten she's beaten by a better player not by an injury or that they played badly. Its the one thing I can't stand about the sisters they are graceless losers and bad sports when they lose.

sunset
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:31 PM
I'm not mad at that they deserved their wins. I am just stating the facts about the question being asked. The williams sisters won't even get close to where they were unless they out and do the hard work. At least in Lindsay's case she putting in the hard work and playing matches and when she beaten she's beaten by a better player not by an injury or that they played badly. Its the one thing I can't stand about the sisters they are graceless losers and bad sports when they lose.

Well spoken! :bounce:

WhatTheDeuce
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:33 PM
hmmm, I see its point here, which is in fact extremely valid. nevertheless with the chicken and the wind in the barn, Venus was put possibly extinguished by the shouts and the lamentations of the animals. But fear no, his fourth ruthless forward and service could become and save the day secondly. Varitey was the dominant one… because she did does not give to return in a single machine backhand it given as GRAF de STEFFI and strikes foehands deeply inside of the corner backhand, this would have been possible. But NO! SHE LET IT GO! Idiot American. :mad::mad:
When the match starts, Venus served well. When she from inside it pu gets a wouldnt situation, couldnt companionway because of the chicken! Dotted decimal notation defect and the wrist became the cause which gets up the anger which is the possibility of turning in vast quantity of the despair whose Venus is thin,! It is not an advance guard SteffiGraf and it works and to peel when this fact that time of this it connects why but? To hundred hand formation of a cabinet did the many lovable corner think but us who are not because is what? The animal it hasted the barn it happens possibility it is this very? Or be?

olivia100
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:35 PM

Like I said before don't attack V&S because they have accomplished more that Lindsay. That's exactly why you are angry with them and spreading your hatred. Now answer me, wasn't Venus injured in that match or am I missing something here. I will not attack Lin because she is American and one of my favs along with V&S. However, your hatred for V&S stems from them keep beating her down. Don't blame them blame Lin.

I don't see how Venus is a bad sport if she reinjured her wrist in that match. At least she finished it bagle or no bagle can't say Lin would have done the same thing.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:41 PM
Meh.
Strange things happen when a player is hurt. And that includes bagels
She made the choice to play on and get bagelled. Obviously, she had no problem with it.
Let it go.

thiaela
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:28 PM
Because she don't feel good.
Maybe is the injury.

Justine Fan
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:13 AM

:hehehe:

Justine Fan
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:17 AM

:haha: :haha:

Justine Fan
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:18 AM

:yeah:

sunset
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:21 AM

G1Player2
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:24 AM

And how many bagels has Demented gotten RACIST? :lol:

sunset
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:32 AM
And how many bagels has Demented gotten RACIST? :lol:

Sorry Racist, Elena is not my fav. :lol:

G1Player2
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:34 AM
Sorry Racist, Elena is not my fav. :lol:

:lol: BS. You just had her in your avatar. Why did you change? And I see you changed to Jelena Jankovic :lol: Like she is any different than Demented. Neither of their results come close to Venus or Serena. :p

sunset
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:37 AM
:lol: BS. You just had her in your avatar. Why did you change? And I see you changed to Jelena Jankovic :lol: Like she is any different than Demented. Neither of their results come close to Venus or Serena. :p

Funny Racist. Jelena just took out both Venus and Serena or don't you fallow tennis. :lol: :bounce: :bounce:

G1Player2
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:38 AM

That's a damn lie. Show me a quote or anything close when Venus and Serena have been graceless or a bad loser to ANY opponent they have faced. Sure, they might say that they lost from playing bad, but it is normally the truth and I don't see how that is being a bad sport at all. I can show you PROOF where they have given credit to opponents on numerous occasions when they've lossed so this gives credence to the fact that if they lose a match mainly because they played badly, then it is correct. Like I said, I have plenty of prrof where they have been VERY classy after a loss so you trying to attack them with your blind Williams hate won't cut it with me.

G1Player2
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:40 AM
Funny Racist. Jelena just took out both Venus and Serena or don't you fallow tennis. :lol: :bounce: :bounce:

Grand Slams
Venus 5
Serena 7

Jelena: 0
Demented: 0

That pretty much speaks for itself.