PDA

View Full Version : OMG Tamira isn't even Austrian?

Slumpsova
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Youíve got a fairly diverse heritage. Talk to us about that.
My dad was born in Tanzania and grew up in Kenya, and in 1979 he went to Canada and lived there for about 15 years, and in 1994 he went to Austria. My mom was born in Chile, and when she was small she went to Austria because her mom was from Austria and her father was half-Polish, half-French; thatís why I have a Polish name. My fatherís grandparents were Indian. So Iím a mixture!
and her surname sounds like a czech :shrug:

Xian
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:22 PM
well I consider somebody who was born in Austria and spend all her life there an Austrian

:eek: :eek: :eek: Agassi isnt even American
:eek: :eek: :eek: Philippoussis isnt even Australian

would be the same :o

Slumpsova
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:27 PM
well I consider somebody who was born in Austria and spend all her life there an Austrian

i mean it surprised me that there are so many races in her family ;)
what is her father's nationality anyway? she said he is from Africa but like i said Paszek sounds like a czech :shrug:

Experimentee
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Just because her parents are from somewhere else doesnt mean she isn't Austrian :rolleyes:

Xian
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:33 PM
i mean it surprised me that there are so many races in her family ;)
what is her father's nationality anyway? she said he is from Africa but like i said Paszek sounds like a czech :shrug:

Fathers Nationality is Tanzanian, his name is Mohammed Arif, mother Francoise is from Chile with Austrian background and she has the name of her mothers family
Paszek ( PASHEK)

JackFrost
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:34 PM
A lot of Austrians have czech or hungary names. Thats because Hungary and Chechoslowakia (Boehmen and Maehren) was a part of the austrian "donaumonarchie" in the past.

azdaja
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:53 PM
A lot of Austrians have czech or hungary names. Thats because Hungary and Chechoslowakia (Boehmen and Maehren) was a part of the austrian "donaumonarchie" in the past.
yeah, but tamira is a much more complex "mixture" and all that has little to do with the monarchy times.

and she is austrian. i suppose not even the 2 austrian political parties currently trying to outperform each other in xenophobia would deny that :tape:

clonesheep
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:35 PM
An odd case that came to mind is Nikola Hofmanova. Aparently her parents are Austrian but they lived in Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic and so their daughter's name has -ova attached by the local convention. (I guess this one has nothing to do with history.)

ezekiel
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:39 PM
I thought her name sounded slavic and hungarian . is her father black african cause she hardly seems to have those features ?

Slumpsova
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Fathers Nationality is Tanzanian, his name is Mohammed Arif, mother Francoise is from Chile with Austrian background and she has the name of her mothers family
Paszek ( PASHEK)
imagine if she uses her father's name, she would be Tamira Arif :tape:
i think she can ask for a WC to play Dubai & Doha :lol:

Mike_T
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I donít care where she comes from, as long as those bre_sts* donít come from silicone valley.

*Canít say the Ďb-wordí, sheís not quite 16 yet.

Sabatinifan
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=ezekiel]I thought her name sounded slavic and hungarian . is her father black african cause she hardly seems to have those features ?[/QUOTE

The article said her father's grandparents were Indian, I don't know if that means all of them but a lot of Indians were moved during british colonial times to Southern and Eastern Africa.

Xian
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:46 AM
what I remember I thik her father is not total black, more like a mulatto

SloKid
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:42 PM
Mr. Arif:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2387.jpg

azdaja
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:37 PM
her father is of indian origin as tamira said in her interview. like someone mentioned, a lot of indians were brought to africa during colonial times. i also know a brit whose parents are from uganda, but also of indian origin.

Carmen Mairena
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:56 PM
Hitlerian and stupid thread... :weirdo:

matthias
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:04 PM
who cares, she is playing for austria, thats what count

starr
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:06 PM

Agassi was born in the united states. His father wasn't, but he was. And all of his siblings too, I think. Agassi is the youngest.

starr
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:11 PM
Anyway, I love the mixtures and her varied backgournd. Think what a wonderful flavor it must give to her life! And you know, if Mary Pierce can be "French," I think someone who has grown up in Austria, certainly can be Austrian.

I dont' understand this need to have people tied to a certain racial heritage and having to choose only one. It seems to me it's better to have connections to all sorts of places in the world.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:20 PM
Mr. Arif:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/SloKid/WTA%20Portoroz%202006/IMG_2387.jpg

its Penfold ;)
where's Dangermouse

i didnt know that was her dad, just her coach (now its Passos who coaches her)

Slumpsova
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:31 PM
Hitlerian and stupid thread... :weirdo:
at least now you already know it's not only you who are stupid and nazism. now please tell me how to be a completely retard like you.

Natalicious
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:35 PM
who cares, she is playing for austria, thats what count

agree!!

pnewman
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by www.sonyericssonwtatour.com
Youíve got a fairly diverse heritage. Talk to us about that.
My dad was born in Tanzania and grew up in Kenya, and in 1979 he went to Canada and lived there for about 15 years, and in 1994 he went to Austria. My mom was born in Chile, and when she was small she went to Austria because her mom was from Austria and her father was half-Polish, half-French; thatís why I have a Polish name. My fatherís grandparents were Indian. So Iím a mixture!

and her surname sounds like a czech :shrug:
can the posters here read? to all who tried to guess it (special dedication to the tread starter): Paszek is Polish name which it is clearly stated in the first post. nice tries but usually it is better to read first.

DutchieGirl
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:37 AM
An odd case that came to mind is Nikola Hofmanova. Aparently her parents are Austrian but they lived in Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic and so their daughter's name has -ova attached by the local convention. (I guess this one has nothing to do with history.)

Well that happens for anyone who moves to Czech Rep (and probably to Russia too I guess - not sure about Russia though).

Krajicek lives alot of the time in Czech Rep, and her parents are Czech, and when she's there, they always write her name as "Krajickova".

DutchieGirl
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:40 AM
can the posters here read? to all who tried to guess it (special dedication to the tread starter): Paszek is Polish name which it is clearly stated in the first post. nice tries but usually it is better to read first.

Oh come on - for people not living in Poland or the Czech Republic, it's not hard to mix up the languages - they do seem quite similar to us, and I can even write in Czech here with some of the Polish people, and they will understand me!

Slumpsova
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:45 AM
Well that happens for anyone who moves to Czech Rep (and probably to Russia too I guess - not sure about Russia though).

Krajicek lives alot of the time in Czech Rep, and her parents are Czech, and when she's there, they always write her name as "Krajickova".
because czech name is cool. even me want to have a czech name to :lol:

DutchieGirl
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:49 AM
because czech name is cool. even me want to have a czech name to :lol:

:lol: I didn't say Czech names weren't cool. ;)

pnewman
Oct 2nd, 2006, 08:30 AM
Oh come on - for people not living in Poland or the Czech Republic, it's not hard to mix up the languages - they do seem quite similar to us, and I can even write in Czech here with some of the Polish people, and they will understand me!I don't blame people for mixing up Polish and Czech languages (though it is a bit different story with Polish and Hungarian). they (especially tuna who started it) are to balme for trying to guess something which was obvious, granted, you read Paszek words in tuna's quote. :help:

Slumpsova
Oct 2nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
I don't blame people for mixing up Polish and Czech languages (though it is a bit different story with Polish and Hungarian). they (especially tuna who started it) are to balme for trying to guess something which was obvious, granted, you read Paszek words in tuna's quote. :help:
she said her name is polish so i thought she meant "Tamira" i don't even know Paszek is polish surname, it sounds like a czech. now please stop being so intellectual :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:04 PM

Of course I don't think she's not Austrian, but Agassi and Philippoussis were actually born in the country they represent(ed) ;)

SloKid
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Of course I don't think she's not Austrian, but Agassi and Philippoussis were actually born in the country they represent(ed) ;)
She was born in Austria. :p