PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay set to announce wheather she wil continue or retire by mid November

Lindsayfan32
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Just thought i would post this small article I found on ESPN.com a fews days ago it was about story lines for the rest of the year and one of them was about Lindsay and thought the clan might interested. I am retyping this off a copy of the article so sorry if there are any typos in it.

Shy but not retiring?

Lindsay Davenport said she'd know by mid-November whether she'll call it quits or devote herself to preparing for the Australian open. She had decent results since her return in August but Davenport made it clear at the US Open that it won't be as much about W's and L's as how she feels when she goes out to practice every day. Expect alow key announcement either way.

I have one thing to say about this myself and that's please play on for at least the Australian summer I will miss you and the summer won't be the same without you. Lindsay still has alot to offer if she stays healthy and can get back to where she was before she injured her back.

:worship::):worship::):worship::)

lindsayno1
Sep 30th, 2006, 02:22 PM
meh Lindsay!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 30th, 2006, 03:19 PM
She's been talking about playing the Australian Open since she came back. I'm not sure that if she wasn't going to play 07 if she would have entered Linz and Quebec City. She hasn't played Linz since 2001, and she's never played Quebec and hasn't played in Canada since 2000. I look at those entries as a definate sign she'd play next year, since to me at least playing Quebec is more of a point tournament for the ranking like she's trying to get a decent seed for the AO. And she said this in New York, a month ago, she has talked about the retirement thing in Bali and Beijing.
In her poorly translated interview in Beijing after she lost to Mauresmo she said she wanted to raise her game another level. Why would she want to raise her game another level for two more tournaments and then quit? It doesn't make sense to me. She kept saying in Beijing that there's something that keeps her going, even though she's not sure what it is.

Lindsay's fitness in my opinion is the root of why she's be less then stellar as of late, her footwork is off and that can affect her ground game. Lindsay knows how much work it will take to get her fitness back to where it should be. To a level where she would be at to win against players she should beat.

I do think it that a lot of it could depend on her results in Linz and Quebec. If she does decently in Linz, like a semifinal and wins Quebec I think she'll play on.
In the simplest of terms, it's a question of how much she wants to recommit, you cannot half-ass this stuff, and I think she knows that with what happened in Asia.

mike/topgun
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:05 PM
It'll be just about time...but if she was really commited she would say something like - "I'm playing AO defintely and then see what happens". She still desn't know...
anything can happen
let's hope Lindsays' healthy;)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Coordinating her schedule in small increments, Davenport said she plans on playing in a few tournaments in December leading up to next year's Australian Open. She admits that she's not making plans yet to play in the French Open or Wimbledon, but she said she is not ready to retire either. "I don't know what the process is, but I'm sure if I'm sitting there not wanting to go play tennis, I would definitely retire," Davenport said. "There's nothing stopping me, nothing forcing me back out there."

This is what I was referring to when I talked about the Australian. This is from the NYTimes article I posted back in August on the eve of New Haven. At the end of the day she knows how much work she has to do to get back to the top ten, which is a reasonable goal at the moment.
We'll see what happens, it's Lindsay and her outlook on her future changes with the phase of the moon.
I hope she soldiers on and stays healthy. :)

The Daviator
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:29 PM
If that's true then I'm nervous :unsure:

I agree with Jeanne, there is absolutely no point in committing to Linz and Quebec if she's going to retire at the end of the year, she might aswell just end it now if she's going to stop at the end of the year, I can't see her wanting to end her career in Quebec, she's always wanted to finish up at Indian Wells I believe, so I'd expect that if she is to retire soon, she'll do it there, after playing the AO, but obviously I'd love her to play another full season, and visit Wimbledon once more...

Who knows with Linds :unsure:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:52 PM
If that's true then I'm nervous :unsure:

I agree with Jeanne, there is absolutely no point in committing to Linz and Quebec if she's going to retire at the end of the year, she might aswell just end it now if she's going to stop at the end of the year, I can't see her wanting to end her career in Quebec, she's always wanted to finish up at Indian Wells I believe, so I'd expect that if she is to retire soon, she'll do it there, after playing the AO, but obviously I'd love her to play another full season, and visit Wimbledon once more...

Who knows with Linds :unsure:

Dav, she said something along these lines in one of her interviews from the Open. She said that in Mid November when she would have to start training for the Australian and if she went out there and didn't have the desire to play and train all over again, she'd quit. But, obviously if she does have the desire to play, the same desire she keeps talking about she'd play on, barring injury. Personally, part of me thinks that this article is a bit of sensationalism, over dramatizing something she said.

Lindsay, in that original statement was referring to her 'moment of clarity' or the sign to stop. If she does have that sign, she'll announce her retirement, if she doesn't we'll see her Down Under in January playing somewhere.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:15 AM
Also, for whatever it's worth, looking at the tournament schedule, Quebec City is held from October 30-November 5. If Lindsay shows up and plays there, I'm sure she'll let the world know then if she's playing the Australian or not.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:18 AM
I totally agree with everything that's been said here. If Lindsay was going to retire why play Linz and Canada. I posted it as I thought the rest of you might want to read it. I hope she plays on. If Lindsay gets her fitness back and stays healthy she can do anything. But if the heart not in it anymore then she should retire I don't want to see her fade out.

mike/topgun
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:17 AM
And the mere fact that Lindsay's on the entry lists for QC and Linz doesn't mean a thing. She can pull out anytime. It's like day by day searchig for the desire to get fit, to be able to fight for the ultimate goals. There's nothing certain. We'll see soon.

mike/topgun
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:23 AM
Personally, I don't buy the argument that Lindsay's playing just for fun, cos she's not having fun out there when she's playing like she was after US Open. She doesn't know if it's worth to give herself another try next year. She could just shelve the season here, and get her ass back on the practice court and in the gym. There are too many options for my liking;)
I'd be glad if she retires this year, or next year, or whenever she wants.:worship:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:21 PM
I actually disagree about the entry lists. Lindsay didn't sign the player commitment contract for this time of the year, a month ago she had nothing scheduled after Beijing, then she suddenly enters Linz, a tournament she hasn't played in 5 years and QC a tournament she's never played in a country she hasn't played in in 6 years. Lindsay entered these tournaments because she missed the Zurich deadline and didn't want to sit on the next in list. The tour isn't forcing her to play these tournaments.
Yes, she can pullout, but as of now she's playing them.
Like I said, I see those entries, because she made them herself, as a sign she is to continue.

Honestly, I'm not sure how many times I've read or heard Lindsay say that it may not look like she's having fun, but she is. Yes it's not fun to lose to players that she should beat, and it's not fun when you're missing your best shots for whatever reason. Yes it's not fun to have your fitness be an issue. If she didn't enjoy playing she would quit, that's what she keeps saying. That's really the only thing that is keeping her out there.

If she shelves the season here, in my opinion she quits here. Her ranking, which is already dead, will be barely top 30. She won't want to come back from that.
She is at another one of those crossroads. Honestly, I wasn't sure if she was going to come back this summer either. But she did.

I'm basing my opinion on what she said in Beijing and her entries. To me, it sounds like she'll keep going. That she knows now where she is and what it'll take for her to get back. It's a question of how much she still wants it. If she still wants to play and begin the march back, she'll keep going.

Andrew..
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:20 PM
Lindsay is acting like a baby for not wanting to sit on the Zurich next-in list. Top players do it all the time. Get over it. She's not #1... hell, she's not even top 10 anymore. And very soon, she won't be top 20.

And if she plays Linz, you know she's not playing Quebec City.

mike/topgun
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:49 PM
I must agree Andrew.:wavey:

I'm basing my opinion on what she said in Beijing and her entries
Well, it's not the best option to trust what Lindsay says, cos she changes her mind fairly regularly;)

Those entry lists...most of the top players wait on the next-in-lists for the big events (CONSTANT late entries!), cos of CONSTANT injuries and withdrawals.
So, my guess is that, if Lindsay really wanted to defend her titles in Porsche GP and Zurich she would have entered those next-in lists.:p
I suppose she was *forced* by "you-know-who" to commit to Linz and QC:lol:
Seriously, I can't see her flying all over the Atlantic to play a low-key tier II and then back to America for a tier III:tape:
Hope she plays there, but I wouldn't count on her appearance that much...not in this stage of her career, when she's not sure whats next, wheteher it's worth it, whether she's palying next year...

PS.While her body holds up, I remain positive about the next season.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:17 PM
I am well aware of Lindsay mind changing with the phase of the moon, but still I am I supposed to be like "liar" with her all the time?
It's an opinion. I choose to trust her, I guess.

And I personally don't expect much in Linz. She might not even be seeded. If she makes quarters she'll be luck, semis is the best she'll make there, if she doesn't draw Sharapova. If she loses early(quarters) in Linz I think she'll play QC. That and there's always her apperance fee and she might actually, you know, want to try and win a title this season.

Zurich, she wimped out on because of the entry list thing and she probably knew she wasn't going to do well there anyways in her current form so she opted for Linz instead. Lindsay's scheduling has never made sense. I was NOT surprised she didn't play Stuttgart. She played five weeks in a row, she isn't going to take a week off and the fly back to Europe for that tournament. I don't know, I'm not Lindsay. Hell she doesn't even know what she's doing at this point, except trying to play tennis and get back to some sort of "normal".
I don't know. Play it by ear, basically.
She'll either keep playing or quit.

The Daviator
Oct 1st, 2006, 09:40 PM
Well whatever you feel about her not playing Stuttgart or Zurich or whatever, at least she's still playing, I'm glad she's down for Quebec, because if she's in any decent form at all, she'll end up with a title at last, and as for Linz, well as I say, at least she's playing, better than nothing...

Hopefully she can end the year on a positive note, that might keep her going over the off-season, and then get ready for Australia, I'm still thinking about a comment she made just after she returned in the summer, about defintely planning on going to Australia, and that gives me optimism, I know how she gets when she's away from the game for a while, thinking about not coming back and what not, but I honestly think she'll be in Melbourne next January...

Andrew..
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:14 AM
I don't know why you all think a Quebec City title is a shoe in. One, I think there's less than a 50/50 shot of her turning up. Two, while it's not a great field, that's the strongest field QC has seen in a while. And in her current form, she's not beating a player like Jankovic.

I personally think she'll play the AO next year. She'll lose in the 4r, but at least she'll be playing.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:41 AM
I don't know why you all think a Quebec City title is a shoe in. One, I think there's less than a 50/50 shot of her turning up. Two, while it's not a great field, that's the strongest field QC has seen in a while. And in her current form, she's not beating a player like Jankovic.

I personally think she'll play the AO next year. She'll lose in the 4r, but at least she'll be playing.

Quebec isn't a gimme title, but it's her best shot at one. I think the percentage of her playing is also slightly higher than that. But that's my take. I don't know about her form, which I still think is related to her fitness which sucks at the moment. And Jankovic is a pain in the ass to beat, even the great Christine had issues with her.

Her form can improve if she getting her ass to the gym and the practice courts, it won't be a total turnaround in four weeks but it can improve.
I'm nervous about her though.

mike/topgun
Oct 2nd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew..
:speakles:
:wavey:

Andrew..
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:04 PM
Quebec isn't a gimme title, but it's her best shot at one. I think the percentage of her playing is also slightly higher than that. But that's my take. I don't know about her form, which I still think is related to her fitness which sucks at the moment. And Jankovic is a pain in the ass to beat, even the great Christine had issues with her.

Her form can improve if she getting her ass to the gym and the practice courts, it won't be a total turnaround in four weeks but it can improve.
I'm nervous about her though.
Her fitness isn't the issue. Lazyness is. Let's stop making excuses.

lindsayno1
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:56 PM
Lindsays fitness is fine. I agree about the laziness. Its almost like she wants it on a plate. I couldnt believe the way she played in Beijing

hurricanejeanne
Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:15 AM
Honestly, Lindsay needs to improve all aspects of her game.
She has no confidence in her shots and it shows. She's not as consistant as she could be. She served like crap in her last two losses. Her game revolves around her serve. When she serves well she plays well, and she's not serving the way she normally would, or how she did in New Haven at least.

I don't know, I just hope she's still motivated to get better. She did say after her loss in Beijing that she wanted to raise her game. I hope she still can and will.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:21 AM
Her fitness isn't the issue. Lazyness is. Let's stop making excuses.

What a load of crap the above statement is. Lindsay said for thr first three months she was off she did no on court or finness work and of course she going to suffer for it you don't ge tback the fitness Lindsay had in a week. and yes its still an issue along with her serve.

mike/topgun
Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah, Andrew, you're right, Lindsay is just lazy:rolleyes:

During New Haven we got excited when she beat Momo, but Lindsay was serving great that tourney, before the arm/shoulder flared up. Those 5 conscutive weeks were really exhausting for her, so the fitness is a BIG issue.
I hope she's actually working her ass in the gym and on the practice courts, but well...

LindsayRulz
Oct 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM
WTF!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJtoVSeOQcc

at 50 seconds of the clip, the commentator says that Lindsay has affirmed that the China Open was her last tournement of the season.(The clip is in french)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 12:11 AM
WTF!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJtoVSeOQcc

at 50 seconds of the clip, the commentator says that Lindsay has affirmed that the China Open was her last tournement of the season.(The clip is in french)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Note: A commentator(Italian Eurosport if my memory is correct) also said in the spring that she was knocked up too so who the hell knows.
I think she would have mentioned something when she lost in Beijing but she didn't. The only thing along any kind of future lines she said was "I want to improve my level" and "No, I'm not retiring yet"(in reference to being asked if she didn't win the China Open, she'd quit).

I doubt the tour is forcing her name on to the entry lists in Linz and QC. It wouldn't make any sense, seeing as she once again didn't sign the player commitment contract.

Maybe they(the commentator(s)) didn't know she had entered Linz and QC, it came as a surprise to us as well and all.......
I guess we'll see...in 2 weeks and whether or not she shows in Linz.

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Maybe they(the commentator(s)) didn't know she had entered Linz and QC, it came as a surprise to us as well and all.......
I guess we'll see...in 2 weeks and whether or not she shows in Linz.

yeah maybe

But it seemed so serious cuz the commentators said that it was a historic match cuz it was maybe lindsay's last match of her career. I was like -> :eek: <- Gosh they almost give ma a heart attack.

anyway we cannot always trust what the commentators say :rolleyes:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 12:55 AM
yeah maybe

But it seemed so serious cuz the commentators said that it was a historic match cuz it was maybe lindsay's last match of her career. I was like -> :eek: <- Gosh they almost give ma a heart attack.

anyway we cannot always trust what the commentators say :rolleyes:

I don't speak nor understand French so I don't understand the clip. But I think if it was as serious as those commentators stated it, I think she would have said something. And she hasn't. I also think that there would be some news on it here and there isn't. Maybe they didn't know that she had entered the other two tournaments?
The most recent news piece I have in my sources reguarding Lindsay in to her leading the field into Quebec City.

Also the commentators here on TTC were talking a little about Lindsay today and I think if that was true they may have mentioned it but didn't. So I don't know...

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 12:59 AM
I guess we'll have to wait and see...

exactly... we never know what can happen with Lindsay

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:04 AM
exactly... we never know what can happen with Lindsay

I know, she makes me a million times more anxious than I should be. But I still think she'll show up for Linz though.
I just think that if she was gonna just shut the year down after China she would have said so. She didn't so it could be just heresay seeing as everyone thought that since she hadn't scheduled anything after China.

I don't trust a lot of commentators. The only one I kinda trust is Mary Joe and that's because she's friends with Lindsay and all.

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:16 AM
I know, she makes me a million times more anxious than I should be. But I still think she'll show up for Linz though.
I just think that if she was gonna just shut the year down after China she would have said so. She didn't so it could be just heresay seeing as everyone thought that since she hadn't scheduled anything after China.

I don't trust a lot of commentators. The only one I kinda trust is Mary Joe and that's because she's friends with Lindsay and all.

And if she wants a decent ranking for the australian open next year, she sould play at least Linz. I mean, I don't wanna see her play Christine in the 3rd round...:mad:

and yes I think that Mary Joe is the best source of news about Lindsay in all the commentators.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:22 AM
And if she wants a decent ranking for the australian open next year, she sould play at least Linz. I mean, I don't wanna see her play Christine in the 3rd round...:mad:

and yes I think that Mary Joe is the best source of news about Lindsay in all the commentators.

I want her to play Linz for ranking points and I want to see her on tv once more before the end of the season.
And I'll have a hernia if she plays Christine AGAIN at the AO.
Quebec it much more dicey in my eyes. But like I said, I think if Lindsay wanted to end her season in Beijing she would have just said so, instead she said "I don't know" in Bali and the next week she was on two entry lists to make up for Zurich.

I think, well, I hope she plays. I really do.

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:40 AM
I want her to play Linz for ranking points and I want to see her on tv once more before the end of the season.
And I'll have a hernia if she plays Christine AGAIN at the AO.
Quebec it much more dicey in my eyes. But like I said, I think if Lindsay wanted to end her season in Beijing she would have just said so, instead she said "I don't know" in Bali and the next week she was on two entry lists to make up for Zurich.

I think, well, I hope she plays. I really do.

Damn, you are so lucky to be able to see the Linz tournament on TV. My sport channel (RDS and TSN) show only the slams, IW , Miami and Montreal/Toronto. They also show Rome and the season ending championship but only the men.

I hope that she will play Québec cuz it's at 1 hour from my home. But I really doubt that she will play there. :(

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Damn, you are so lucky to be able to see the Linz tournament on TV. My sport channel (RDS and TSN) show only the slams, IW , Miami and Montreal/Toronto. They also show Rome and the season ending championship but only the men.

I hope that she will play Québec cuz it's at 1 hour from my home. But I really doubt that she will play there. :(

I have The Tennis Channel and they only show the semis and the finals of these indoor tournaments and they replay them all day long. I'm currently watching Tati/Patty for the third time today. TTC usually shows the tournaments that ESPN2 doesn't which is nice.

With Quebec it's 50/50 to me. I didn't think she'd actually play Bali last year when I saw that she entered and she did and I never thought she'd play Strausborg again in 04 but she did. Lindsay's a mysterious creature. I really hope she plays. I really do.

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:00 AM
I have The Tennis Channel and they only show the semis and the finals of these indoor tournaments and they replay them all day long. I'm currently watching Tati/Patty for the third time today. TTC usually shows the tournaments that ESPN2 doesn't which is nice.

With Quebec it's 50/50 to me. I didn't think she'd actually play Bali last year when I saw that she entered and she did and I never thought she'd play Strausborg again in 04 but she did. Lindsay's a mysterious creature. I really hope she plays. I really do.

I still don't understand why plays Québec while she could have played Zurich or Moscou... maybe she wanted a longer break after New Haven, US Open...

Hahaha! yeah she is a kind of mysterious creature and I would really like to meet her at Québec. I have never meet her before cuz she doesn'T play very often in Canada :(

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:06 AM
I still don't understand why plays Québec while she could have played Zurich or Moscou... maybe she wanted a longer break after New Haven, US Open...

Hahaha! yeah she is a kind of mysterious creature and I would really like to meet her at Québec. I have never meet her before cuz she doesn'T play very often in Canada :(

One source said that she had tried to enter Zurich but she missed the deadline and they wouldn't give her direct entry. And for whatever reason she decided to enter Linz and Quebec instead of waiting on the next in list for Zurich.

I don't think she'll play Moscow ever again. She was really sick there in 04 and the surface is a lot slower for an indoor court.

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:20 AM
One source said that she had tried to enter Zurich but she missed the deadline and they wouldn't give her direct entry. And for whatever reason she decided to enter Linz and Quebec instead of waiting on the next in list for Zurich.

I don't think she'll play Moscow ever again. She was really sick there in 04 and the surface is a lot slower for an indoor court.

And I suppose that she couldn't get a wildcard cuz of this damn Larry Scott. :mad:

yeah she's not playing Moscou so, 04 was definitively her last apparence there.

I can't believe that her last chance to win a slam is the AO next year. I will really miss her after this tournament. if she play there :sad:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:31 AM
And I suppose that she couldn't get a wildcard cuz of this damn Larry Scott. :mad:

yeah she's not playing Moscou so, 04 was definitively her last apparence there.

I can't believe that her last chance to win a slam is the AO next year. I will really miss her after this tournament. if she play there :sad:

I wouldn't say that. I truly think that if she starts 2007 she'll play though 2007, at least through to the US Open. I think she'll only quit before that if she gets hurt or loses all desire.

I think she'll play. I still do.
I'm also not ready to say goodbye, but then again I don't think I'll ever be ready. I'll miss her so much... :sad:

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:37 AM
I wouldn't say that. I truly think that if she starts 2007 she'll play though 2007, at least through to the US Open. I think she'll only quit before that if she gets hurt or loses all desire.

I think she'll play. I still do.
I'm also not ready to say goodbye, but then again I don't think I'll ever be ready. I'll miss her so much... :sad:

I will be in a total shock when she will annonce it. There is no and there will never ever have a tennis player who will be able to replace her.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:45 AM
I will be in a total shock when she will annonce it. There is no and there will never ever have a tennis player who will be able to replace her.

I'll be depressed for a while, tennis won't be the same. I'll hear the echo of her shots in my head and spend a fortune on buying matches on DVD.

I agree, no one will ever, EVER, take her place. She will always be my favorite. But on the other hand, I know that she'll be well taken care of when she walks away, but god I'm gonna miss her.

But I will enjoy whatever amount of time we have left with her.
My only regret is not getting into this sport sooner...

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:58 AM
I'll be depressed for a while, tennis won't be the same. I'll hear the echo of her shots in my head and spend a fortune on buying matches on DVD.

I agree, no one will ever, EVER, take her place. She will always be my favorite. But on the other hand, I know that she'll be well taken care of when she walks away, but god I'm gonna miss her.

But I will enjoy whatever amount of time we have left with her.
My only regret is not getting into this sport sooner...

She is the only one who can hit the ball with this clean and pure sound. Since a couple of weeks, I have started to burn a lot of her match on CD. But it's definitly not the same feeling to see her on a CD then live.

I'm fan since Wimbledon 2000 so I never had the chance to see her win a slam :(

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 03:03 AM
She is the only one who can hit the ball with this clean and pure sound. Since a couple of weeks, I have started to burn a lot of her match on CD. But it's definitly not the same feeling to see her on a CD then live.

I'm fan since Wimbledon 2000 so I never had the chance to see her win a slam :(

I've only been a fan since the US Open 2003, when she was injured with the foot thing.
Her ballstriking and service motion drew me to her, they're just so beautiful to watch. There's a lot of older matches that I want to see so I'll be buying them I'm too scared to download anything on my computer, I attracted viruses.

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 03:08 AM
I've only been a fan since the US Open 2003, when she was injured with the foot thing.
Her ballstriking and service motion drew me to her, they're just so beautiful to watch. There's a lot of older matches that I want to see so I'll be buying them I'm too scared to download anything on my computer, I attracted viruses.

Yeah me too, there is a lot of old match that I would like to see. I will have to buy matchs too.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Yeah me too, there is a lot of old match that I would like to see. I will have to buy matchs too.

The one time I tried to tape a match, it wouldn't tape. I was so mad. It was the old Fed Cup match from 1994 between Lindsay and Mary. The showed it when Lindsay was out injured a couple of times this year and it made me happy to see her, even if it was an old match. :)

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 03:24 AM
The one time I tried to tape a match, it wouldn't tape. I was so mad. It was the old Fed Cup match from 1994 between Lindsay and Mary. The showed it when Lindsay was out injured a couple of times this year and it made me happy to see her, even if it was an old match. :)

You are so lucky to have the tennis chanel. At least you have seen this match lol. I would really like to see her victory at the 96 olympics and the 98 US Open.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 03:31 AM
You are so lucky to have the tennis chanel. At least you have seen this match lol. I would really like to see her victory at the 96 olympics and the 98 US Open.

It was so cute to see Lindsay in her chubby stage and wearing a pleated skirt. She really hasn't changed much. Still a poor mover with great shots and the queen of pouting. She was so cute.
The one I really want is the Olympic's match. Along with her slam wins. :)

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 03:44 AM
It was so cute to see Lindsay in her chubby stage and wearing a pleated skirt. She really hasn't changed much. Still a poor mover with great shots and the queen of pouting. She was so cute.
The one I really want is the Olympic's match. Along with her slam wins. :)

Do she always have been chuby when she was young? I think that I have read somewhere that she started to gain weight after the separation of her parents. It was surely a big shock for her.

I have seen a tons of pictures of her winning the us open and I agree that she was so cute lol

and I have the Wimbly 99 and the us open 00 final on my computer...

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Do she always have been chuby when she was young? I think that I have read somewhere that she started to gain weight after the separation of her parents. It was surely a big shock for her.

I have seen a tons of pictures of her winning the us open and I agree that she was so cute lol

and I have the Wimbly 99 and the us open 00 final on my computer...

She was 18 at the time so she wasn't at her biggest, that was 1995. But I also read that she started to put on the weight when her parents divorce. I've seen pictures of her at 14, 15 years old and she wasn't overweight at all, but she's always been super tall. I remember watching that match and wanting to pinch her cheeks. :tape:

Aww, I'm jealous I want to see those matches.

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 04:01 AM
She was 18 at the time so she wasn't at her biggest, that was 1995. But I also read that she started to put on the weight when her parents divorce. I've seen pictures of her at 14, 15 years old and she wasn't overweight at all, but she's always been super tall. I remember watching that match and wanting to pinch her cheeks. :tape:

Aww, I'm jealous I want to see those matches.

HAHAHA pinch her cheeks...

I could try to upload the wimbly 99 final if you want...

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 04:05 AM
HAHAHA pinch her cheeks...

I could try to upload the wimbly 99 final if you want...

Maybe you could upload it in the video thread, it's up to you. :) I'm sure others would like to see it.

And yeah her cheeks were so chubby. She's like two different people now with the weight difference.

But, yeah, I really hope she shows in Linz at least. I still think she will. ;)

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Maybe you could upload it in the video thread, it's up to you. :) I'm sure others would like to see it.

And yeah her cheeks were so chubby. She's like two different people now with the weight difference.

But, yeah, I really hope she shows in Linz at least. I still think she will. ;)

Yeah her boby is so different now. And it includes her cheeks unfortunately lol.

I really want her to play Linz and win this title. It could give her a lot of confidence to finaly win a title this year. Win Québec will not give her as confidence as win Linz.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 8th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Lindsays is lazy, Andrew is correct. Did people actually see her last two losses? She just didn't care and wasn't willing to put any effort in when the stakes were down.

She laughed at Sveta's winners, and didn't even challenge a clearly out Momo first serve at 30-30 in the final game on their match.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 8th, 2006, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=!<blocparty>!]Lindsays is lazy, Andrew is correct. Did people actually see her last two losses? She just didn't care and wasn't willing to put any effort in when the stakes were down.

She laughed at Sveta's winners, and didn't even challenge a clearly out Momo first serve at 30-30 in the final game on their match.[/QUOT

Gee blockparty why to bother being a fan of Lindsay's all you seem to do is nick pick at her every time she loses. Are you really a fan of Lindsay's? It doesn't seem to me you are.

:devil::fiery:

!<blocparty>!
Oct 8th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I'm being realistic.

Her attitude since the USO has STUNK. She should have beaten Svetlana and Mauresmo but she couldn't be bothered to fight.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 8th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I'm being realistic.

Her attitude since the USO has STUNK. She should have beaten Svetlana and Mauresmo but she couldn't be bothered to fight.

There being reallistic and then there going over the top for want of better term for it and you're not happy unless Lindsay wins every tournment she plays in and that's not going to happen. I for one take as giving a full effort everytime she plays yes the demeour could be lot better agree with you on that one but having her back playing is better than her not playing at all. Just remeber she could be retired by mid November just chill a bit that's all I'm asking. I have to admit I have only see two of Lindsay's New Haven matches and two of her US open matches so I can't totally comment on after the us open at all I only go on what I've heard.

mike/topgun
Oct 8th, 2006, 10:03 PM
In NH Lindsay was focused and having fun. She played with no stress going for her shots. It worked out really well. Until the shoulder problem flared up.
Then it was never the same - especially with the serve.
The US Open campain was a succes, considering the long lay off, injuries, lack of practice.
Losing to JHH is no shame, after all.
But, the type of tennis, that Lindsay showed in that match was not impressive by any means. There were chances, significant opportunities to win that match, or at least take it out to the third.
Lindsay missed those chances, mainly cos of the serve and stupid errors, even when she was not going for her shots. She constantly hit to the middle of the court, took almost zero risk at changing directions...The confidence was not there.
Those tourneys in Asia were not a good idea, as Lindsay was tired, especially after playing singles and doubles in Bali...then she decided to play Beijing which definitely was not a good option.
Certainly, the better option was to enter Zurich's next-in-list and Linz.

Now, all we know is, that she's not retired, not yet.
Yeah, she said something about playing better and so on.
But everyone who saw that match against Momo knows, that after first 7 games Lindsay melted down physically and mentaly.
She was not trying hard, fighting etc. She was not having fun out there anymore. That's my main concerne, cos if Lindsay's to be back playing the way she used to, if it's possible....Basically she needs to play better, in order to have fun!
To do that she needs to work hard and, honestly, I'm afraid she's not able to commit full time...I'm afraid, that she's not commited to do what is needed to get back where she belongs, more so while she's at this stage of her career.
I can't see it in her...and her game anymore. Her atittude has changed after the injury. And Lindsay must remember that she's got not much time left:o

edit:
In 2003 I thought it was the end...then the next 2 years were awesome.
So, I hope for a repeat of 2004.;)

:wavey:

MH0861
Oct 8th, 2006, 10:14 PM
We've been lucky that Lindsay has never really "slumped" - even when she played poorly in parts of 2005, she was still winning, winning, winning. I thought the little Asia swing was just too much, and for what I've read she didn't care at all - which isn't surprising. All signs are pointing to Lindsay playing next year - atleast part of it - and I don't know about you all, but I really thought it was over midway through this year and that she'd never play again, so I'll take whatever I can get.

That being said, we need to weather the storm of this "slump" and hope she rededicates herself, gets the serve back in order (She served quite well in NH), and plays to win again. Hopefully this break has done her well and she'll be in better form in Linz.

As for her inevitable retirement.. I don't know, I feel like I'll be okay with it. The huge layoff this year put things in perspective, and I feel like I can appreciate all she's done and accept it, rather than be depressed about it.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 8th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I leave all the Lindsay Love for you lot.

LindsayRulz
Oct 8th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I leave all the Lindsay Love for you lot.

:hug:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 8th, 2006, 11:39 PM
We've been lucky that Lindsay has never really "slumped" - even when she played poorly in parts of 2005, she was still winning, winning, winning. I thought the little Asia swing was just too much, and for what I've read she didn't care at all - which isn't surprising. All signs are pointing to Lindsay playing next year - atleast part of it - and I don't know about you all, but I really thought it was over midway through this year and that she'd never play again, so I'll take whatever I can get.

That being said, we need to weather the storm of this "slump" and hope she rededicates herself, gets the serve back in order (She served quite well in NH), and plays to win again. Hopefully this break has done her well and she'll be in better form in Linz.

As for her inevitable retirement.. I don't know, I feel like I'll be okay with it. The huge layoff this year put things in perspective, and I feel like I can appreciate all she's done and accept it, rather than be depressed about it.

Lindsay really hasn't ever truly slumped(not that I know of at least), she's had some crap losses but she really hasn't slumped. She has had her issues coming back from injuries, ie 2002 however. I do think playing all those tournaments in a row was too much for her, I'll get my head bitten off for saying that, but it's my opinion on it.
I also thought she wasn't coming back after she pulled out of Wimbledon this year. I thought that was the final nail in the coffin. Where I came home the year before to check her scores I found myself coming home from work to see if there was an announcement or not. I was just so happy to see her name in a draw in LA.

I agree we really do need to weather this "slump" or whatever she's going through. It sounded to me that Lindsay knows she isn't anywhere where she needs or wants to be at after her last loss and that she wants to improve and such. I hope she has been and is putting the work in during this time off she's having on her fitness and her game so that when she returns in Linz she is in better form.

I am also trying to enjoy her while we still have her.
It's going to be hard to say goodbye, but we'll always have the memories and she'll still be happy.
But it's still going to suck.

The Daviator
Oct 9th, 2006, 01:26 AM
I agree with MH, we're spoiled as Lindsay fans, when she's fit, she's in the top 10, and that's that, and even with these recent losses, you still can't say she's been in a slump, Stosur aside (and that was her first match back after months away), every match she's lost has been to a Slam champion! People can say she shouldn't have lost to Sveta, but Svetlana Kuznetsova is a very gifted player! And can beat anyone on her day, Mauresmo is also not bad at this sport! :lol: You can't criticize Lindsay for losing to her, she's not going to beat her every time they play, and again, as MH says, she clearly didn't care too much about the Asia swing, hence her torrid times against Chakvetadze and Zheng, and, yes, that does deserve some criticism, hopefully we'll see a more committed Lindsay in 2007, hopefully we see her, period.

And I agree, certain posters aren't happy unless she goes through a season 50-0 :o Get real guys...

hurricanejeanne
Oct 9th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Wow, this is gonna get ugly.
Every player, including Lindsay is allowed to be critized...as long as it's constructive.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 9th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Hey guys when I took Blockparty to task of their treatment of Lindsay I didn't mean for it to be an all in attack. While I am not the only one who doesn't like it there is no use in fighting over it. It really not worth it. Let's keep this board a happy place and a place where people can have a chat about Lindsay matches, result and anything else you may want to chat about. To sum in one word chill.

Lindsayfan32
Oct 9th, 2006, 09:02 AM
If you wnat to buy some of Lindsay old matches on dvd including the 98 us open I can recomnmend someone for you all to buy from. He's name David and he has alot of old Lindsay matches I've brought four from him and while I haven't watched them in full yet the quality is good to excellent.

His email address is tenniscoolio@aol.com

Send him an email with what you want and he will happly help you and he charges $13 a dvd

hurricanejeanne
Oct 9th, 2006, 11:28 AM
If you wnat to buy some of Lindsay old matches on dvd including the 98 us open I can recomnmend someone for you all to buy from. He's name David and he has alot of old Lindsay matches I've brought four from him and while I haven't watched them in full yet the quality is good to excellent.

His email address is tenniscoolio@aol.com

Send him an email with what you want and he will happly help you and he charges $13 a dvd

Gracias. :) I'm always on the lookout for decently priced high quality matches. I'm going to have to start to reserve some funds to get my collection started soon.

Reguarding us bickering, there's no use in it, we can't change Lindsay only she can make the proper adjustments. All we can do as fans is hope for the best.

lindsayno1
Oct 9th, 2006, 06:42 PM
oh god...im not even reading all this crap!

MH0861
Oct 10th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I had a dream last night that Lindsay announced she secretly had two kids. :help: :unsure:

LDF
Oct 10th, 2006, 07:25 PM
I had a dream last night that Lindsay announced she secretly had two kids. :help: :unsure:

:lol: