PDA

View Full Version : Henin-Hardenne Likely Out For Season

tennisIlove09
Sep 30th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Henin-Hardenne Likely Out For Season
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/HeninPZimmer5.jpg
Photo By Paul Zimmer By Tennis Week
09/29/2006

An examination of Justine Henin-Hardenne's injured right knee earlier this week revealed the knee condition has not worsened, but doctors have advised the second-ranked Belgian to rest her knee. It will be at least two weeks before Henin-Hardenne can return to the practice court.

The three-time Roland Garros champion has no plans to play any tournaments prior to the season-ending Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships in Madrid and at this point Henin-Hardenne's status for the November 7-12 Madrid tournament is highly questionable.

"Justine will not play any tournaments before Madrid. She does hope that the wound will heal properly to finally participate in the WTA Championships, but this is not yet certain," says a statement posted on Henin-Hardenne's official web site (http://www.henin-hardenne.be/bin/index.asp?lang=en) today. "For the last two years, she's made the final eight, but injuries held her back to appear and play at the big tour finale."

Nearly two weeks ago, Henin- Hardenne aggravated an existing right knee injury in her 6-4, 7-5, victory over Italy's Francesca Schiavone in the Fed Cup final between host Belgium and Italy, before Mara Santangelo defeated Belgium's Kirsten Flipkens, 6-7(3), 6-3, 6-0, to even the final at 2-2. Henin-Hardenne played two sets of the decisive doubles match partnering Flipkens before the knee injury forced her to retire while the Belgian duo trailed Schiavone and Roberta Vinci, 3-6, 6-2, 2-0.

"I felt something wrong, something very sudden, but have no regrets," Henin-Hardenne said immediately after the tie. "When I walk on the court it's to give 200 per cent. I couldn’t do more, I gave a lot to the team, it wasn’t enough." The woman who reached all four major finals this year suffered a "tear to the posterior part of her right leg" according to her web site. Mobility is an essential element of the 5-foot-5 3/4 Belgian's game, she will have been sidelined nearly two months by the time the season-ending tournament stars and when you consider she has not played the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships since 2003 — Henin-Hardenne has only played the season-ending event twice in her career — her status for the 2006 WTA Tour Championships, which debut in Madrid after a lackluster Los Angeles run, appears unlikely.

Mother_Marjorie
Sep 30th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Good news that the knee hasn't worsened! Rest and come back to dominate again!

Cat's Pajamas
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:01 AM
:eek: hopefully she is able to play at the YEC, otherwise the tournament will just be a hot mess :o

ZeroSOFInfinity
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Now... who said that her knee injury was NOT SERIOUS again? :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:11 AM
that's sad for her. but on the bright side, she hates this part of the season, and she should be rested and prepared for the beginning of next year where she should shine.

the downer-- she may not end the year #1 now.

hu2891601
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:30 AM
I believe that she will get ready for the YEC and claim the year ending #1!!!

MH0861
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:59 AM
She should definitely just take the rest of the year off -- no sense in risking more damage. She's not defending anything anyway.

Diediediediebark
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:18 AM
poor JHH; she is the best, but injuries keep her from having momentum

hu2891601
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:21 AM
She should definitely just take the rest of the year off -- no sense in risking more damage. She's not defending anything anyway.

she's not defending anything.. but how about year ending #1??

MH0861
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:22 AM
she's not defending anything.. but how about year ending #1??

See: Clijsters, Kim and Returning Too Early. Is it worth it?

Wannabeknowitall
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:32 AM
I've been saying the same thing since the Italians won FED CUP, Justine isn't going to play the YEC and can afford not to play and still have a good chance at the year ending number one.

Now that Tennis Week has said it maybe Justine Fan will stop bad repping me for :weirdo: stuff.

Mother_Marjorie
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:35 AM
I've been saying the same thing since the Italians won FED CUP, Justine isn't going to play the YEC and can afford not to play and still have a good chance at the year ending number one.

Now that Tennis Week has said it maybe Justine Fan will stop bad repping me for :weirdo: stuff.

As though Justine Fan is the only person that bad reps you... :tape: :tape: :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:46 AM
As though Justine Fan is the only person that bad reps you... :tape: :tape: :tape:

Of course you would know that, you were the last one to give me one. :p

Now what did I say that made you angry?
Ahh...I gave a Justine fan a good rep for making a poll about Justine being the best ever. :rolleyes:
Very smart.
So if you're nice to Justine, you get bad repped.
When you're not, you get bad repped.
Fuck it I'll just go on a Beyonce crusade with Justine. :devil:

morningglory
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:04 AM
:( too bad... still thinking she SHOULD have regrets about playing that final rubber... I mean come on... this is definitely not her last DC...

Piotr'ek
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Momo still goiong to be no1 :mad:

crystall
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:39 AM
This is sad.. :(
She's been quite impressive this year..

hu2891601
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:50 AM
well, still not sure yet.. at least she said that she'll try her best to play in Madrid on her official website.. so, just pray..

Justine Fan
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:09 AM

There are reasons why I bad rep posters. Yours is because it's the way you say it and the sarcasm and little "negative digs" you put into the posts i.e.

Uh huh. Questionable for Madrid. Suprise Suprise.
She's still the odds on favorite to get the year ending number one ranking without playing the YEC.
I see another no show.

She's not playing the YEC. She's one of those players who would have issues winning it like Lindsay. Beating 4 or 5 top players in six days is a lot to ask even of Justine if she was healthy.
She might as well just use this injury as an excuse not to play like she's been doing and get ready for the Australian next year.

Now that I've shown your posts, stop acting like you've done nothing to warrant bad reps :ras:

What a poor likkle victim you are :baby: :baby:

Paul.
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:25 AM
how horrible! if she doesnt play YEC that will be 2 years in a row after qualifying :sad:

Uranus
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I hope she plays in Madrid!

hu2891601
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:54 AM
how horrible! if she doesnt play YEC that will be 2 years in a row after qualifying :sad:

I thought it'll be 3 years in a row?? I'm gonna check...

Mother_Marjorie
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I thought it'll be 3 years in a row?? I'm gonna check...

Doesn't mean much in the larger scheme of things. I'd rather her continue her generational record of winning a grand slam event four years running. Make that 5 in 2007.

Justine Fan
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Doesn't mean much in the larger scheme of things. I'd rather her continue her generational record of winning a grand slam event four years running. Make that 5 in 2007.

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/innocent/innocent0001.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/innocent/innocent0001.gif

Talula
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:29 AM
I don't think the YEC mean anything anymore. It isn't what it was. When did a Williams last play? Serena even said it didn't mean much. The Slams and even some other Tourneys matter much more. 4 Grand Slam finals in 1 year is a massive achievement anyway and Justine doesn't actually need the cash so she's better off not playing.

Juju #1
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:44 AM
This article is inaccurate.

Justine's recovery is moving as planned so far.

1st forecast, one day after injury occurred, was that she has to rest for 3 weeks and then she can start with light training.
And this is still her plan b/c new examination didn't reveal any new complications

Secondly, she didn't worsened her chronic knee injury. She tore a muscle at the back of her knee. This is a new injury. Justine's chronic right knee problems are related to cartilage.

The thing that she won't play any tournaments before YEC, means that she really wants to be there and in the best shape possible.

So, hold your horses...

faste5683
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:07 AM
This article is inaccurate.

Justine's recovery is moving as planned so far.

1st forecast, one day after injury occurred, was that she has to rest for 3 weeks and then she can start with light training.
And this is still her plan b/c new examination didn't reveal any new complications

Secondly, she didn't worsened her chronic knee injury. She tore a muscle at the back of her knee. This is a new injury. Justine's chronic right knee problems are related to cartilage.

The thing that she won't play any tournaments before YEC, means that she really wants to be there and in the best shape possible.

So, hold your horses...

:lol:

I wish I had read your post first; it would have saved me a lot of time!

:wavey:

hwanmig
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Thank God! Amelie will likely be number one for the rest of the season.

XaDavK_Kapri
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:14 PM
There are reasons why I bad rep posters. Yours is because it's the way you say it and the sarcasm and little "negative digs" you put into the posts i.e.

Now that I've shown your posts, stop acting like you've done nothing to warrant bad reps :ras:

People who get upset with sarcasm bug me. I'm just telling you. But I won't bad rep you. People who bad rep for stupidities bug me.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:58 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/innocent/innocent0001.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/innocent/innocent0001.gif

Don't worry, everything will be all right ;)

(By the way, nice avatar :worship:. And... I taught you were banned?)

Justine Fan
Sep 30th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Don't worry, everything will be all right ;)

(By the way, nice avatar :worship:. And... I taught you were banned?)

Thanks about the avartar ...

Nope ... not me :devil:

densuprun
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:01 PM

Good chance? No, not really. Not a good one.

Maria averages about 250 points per tournament. With three more tournaments at her current pace she will pass Justine by the end of the year. Amelie also needs three more tournaments at her current pace to pass Justine.

It is much more likely that the winner of YEC will be either Maria or Amelie than anyone else. Considering the winner of YEC gets 525 points, Justine is not likely to become year end #1 if she doesn't play YEC.

hu2891601
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Actually, if you think about it this way... If for this season, Justine won't have a chance to become year ending #1, then, who'll care about YEC?? Everyone'll agree that she better withdraw from YEC and get ready for the next season. So, YEC really doesn't mean much, as a lot of top players said before. and if you let a player to choose between year ending #1 and a GS title, i bet any player will choose GS title, so that means year ending #1 is not that much of a deal either.. esp. to justine, she never looked like she cared about the rankings..

So, now I thought about it thoroughly, if she won't be 100%, it is better for her not to play. but of course, she can get 100%, then it'll be nice for her to play. and probably get the year ending #1.

hablo
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:23 PM
It's for precautionary reasons that jhh isn't playing any tournies before YEC...
I think she will be there, she wants to end as the year-end#1 very much!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Good riddance...

sapir1434
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:46 PM
That's sad. I hope she will be alright soon.

treufreund
Sep 30th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Good riddance...

very low class post:fiery:

Mike_T
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:08 PM
:sad: Don’t tell me she’s gonna miss the World Dwarf Throwing Championships too?:bigcry:

hingis'boyfriend
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:09 PM
:lol:

Ryan
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Is anyone surprised? Justine just hasn't been healthy since early 2004, which is a shame considering how well she was playing at that point. Hopefully she just skips the YEC (which she has a habnit of doing anyway) and gets better for the Oz.

perseus2006
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Year End #1 is at stake with JHH only playing the YEC. A contest between JHH, Ame and Pova. If JHH drops out, the then YE #1 will go to either Ame or Pova.

The contest would be more exciting with JHH in the mix, though. But only if she is really cured. There is no sense for JHH endangering the first part of the 2007 season.

LDF
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
That's a shame...it'd be nice to see her play the YECs, where a potential 3-way fight for the no.1 spot could take place.

DragonFlame
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:56 PM
awh well.. ill be happy if she recovers to full strength :) yec or not, as long as she's ok to win wimbledon next year i dont mind :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Now what did I say that made you angry?

Sorry, but you don't have that power. :wavey:

goldenboi356
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:17 PM
i don't care if she skip yec or year end rank #1 as long as she wins oz french and wimb next year

Mother_Marjorie
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:21 PM
:sad: Don’t tell me she’s gonna miss the World Dwarf Throwing Championships too?:bigcry:

Yeah, the Brits have certainly raised it to the next level. I heard Queen Mum has entered the competition.

Wannabeknowitall
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:36 PM

I'm not innocent.
If you wanted to bad rep me for those comments, I have no problem with that.
You sent me a bad rep for sending a good rep to a Justine supporter.
You were able to dig up these comments without an issue so why couldn't you do that then and bad rep those posts?
I didn't even know what the hell you were talking about in the bad rep until I just read the post it was suppose to be referring to 5 minutes ago.
Like seriously, have some rational order to your fucking idiosyncrasies so people can keep up. :weirdo:
Thank you.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:29 AM
i dont like henin-at all-but it would be nice to see the best 8 players actually play at the championships
she may choose not to play it cos she doesnt need it-shes got a whole 1 point to defend for the rest of the season, she would probably rather miss the YEC than the beginning of next season (win in sydney, final in aussie)

parn2257
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:40 AM
What is wrong with all the injured!

RJWCapriati
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:33 AM
:sad: She has worked so hard the past 3 years - lets hope she can make it to the YEC and actually get to play unlike the past few years.

cometz9
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:36 AM
Justine :sad: i want at least to have all the top 8 duke it out in the end.

Drake1980
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:37 AM
Justine:sad: Get better soon!

Allez-H
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:25 AM
It really would be crappy if she were to miss YEC, cause she's made it a goal the whole season to make it healthy into Madrid. But if rather see her miss the end of this season then the beginning of the next.

mike/topgun
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:08 PM
It's bad for the sport, for the fans, for the organizers.

Get well Juju, for the next year:)

Wayn77
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:11 PM
Bad news indeed and get well soon JuJu.

I am sick of all these injuries to the top players.

Alvarillo
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:49 PM
this girl is :tape:
a lot of belgians will come to Madrid to support Kim and her and she is going to withdraw???

no comments
at least if she doesn't come here we will have more probabilities of watching a complete final :p

pigam
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:05 PM
a lot of belgians will come to Madrid to support Kim and her and she is going to withdraw???

no comments
at least if she doesn't come here we will have more probabilities of watching a complete final :p
:haha: you're so funny!

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:14 PM
I'm not innocent.
If you wanted to bad rep me for those comments, I have no problem with that.
You sent me a bad rep for sending a good rep to a Justine supporter.
You were able to dig up these comments without an issue so why couldn't you do that then and bad rep those posts?
I didn't even know what the hell you were talking about in the bad rep until I just read the post it was suppose to be referring to 5 minutes ago.
Like seriously, have some rational order to your fucking idiosyncrasies so people can keep up. :weirdo:
Thank you.

Why is it that even in a thread about Justine Henin-Hardenne, it ALWAYS has to be about YOU :silly: :silly:

crazillo
Oct 1st, 2006, 05:57 PM
We'll see.

Justine Fan
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:01 PM

no comments

:haha: :haha:

I understand how pissed you are that Franny lost yet another final :haha:

Justine Fan
Oct 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM
Why is it that even in a thread about Justine Henin-Hardenne, it ALWAYS has to be about YOU :silly: :silly:

Nail on head! I know :yeah: he's/she's totally self-obsessed .. 75% of his/her posts are about him/her :rolleyes:

pigam
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:01 AM
:haha: you're so funny!
and I got a good rep from amarillo fro this/ yeah!! :banana: :cuckoo: allez :unsure: :lol:

fifiricci
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:09 AM
If Justine has to withdraw from YEC, does that mean that Kim has a better chance of getting in to the tournament if she doesn't automatically qualify for the top 8? :o

I'm actually kind of disappointed that Justine won't be at the YEC, it makes it a a far lot less competitive. ;)

frenchie
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:14 AM

no comments

:worship: :lol: :lol:

Justine Fan
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
and I got a good rep from amarillo fro this/ yeah!! :banana: :cuckoo: allez :unsure: :lol:

:haha: :haha:

You're joking, right? :lol: :lol:

mauresmo/pierce
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:40 AM
that will help ensure amelie remains at number 1 for the year end rankings.maria sharapova is the only person who could take it over now.amelie can gain lots of points at moscow and zurich