PDA

View Full Version : Marion Slept for 19 Hours straight in Bali!!!!!

Tennace
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Marion Bartoli said in her blog this week in Seoul, that in Bali one night, she fell asleep at 11:00 PM and woke up at 6:00 PM. How can a person sleep for 19 hours :eek: :eek: Maybe it's just me but that's crazy! :eek: :eek:

"Hi everyone,

I just came off the court from my second round match with Severine Brémond. We didn't know if we were going to play indoors or outdoors, or if we were going to play today at all. The rain would stop and start and it was getting really boring. All I usually do during these delays is try and eat some food and look for relaxing things to do to keep my mind off the rain. But we did get to play in the end, and it was a very tough match. We both played really well. She played a lot of drop shots, so I had to run a lot and focus, and I'm happy to get through in straight sets, 76(1) 61. The first set was close but it was a little easier in the second.

I remember playing Severine in some French tournaments a long time ago, not on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour or ITF Women's Circuit. I was younger than her and she'd always beat me. Then, I beat her once, in the French Championships, on clay, and we didn't play for six years, until today.

One thing I've had fun with this week is playing this game on the Nintendo DS, Cérébrale Académie (Big Brain Academy). I played it a lot last night. You have 60 seconds per category and there are five categories: think, memorize, analyze, compute and identify. The better answers you have and the quicker you give them, the better score you have. Last night I broke the record of the master of the game! Once you are done, it gives you the weight of your brain. The master of the game has one kilogram, 69 grams; I got more than two kilograms!

I'm playing late tomorrow so I'm quite lucky, because I played pretty late tonight. Now I'm gonna go back to the hotel, get ready and get a nice dinner, then probably get lots of sleep tonight. I sleep a lot - usually 10-12 hours a night. A few weeks ago in Bali, when I got there the first day, I went to bed at 11pm on Friday night and woke up at 6pm on Saturday. That's about 19 hours. And when I got up I looked around and it was still night-time.

Tomorrow I play Akiko Morigami, who, like me, is a double-handed player on both sides. We played once a few years ago. I'll think about my tactics tomorrow, when I'm warming up, just to not put too much pressure on myself. I like to stay relaxed before a match.

Talk to you after the match!

Marion"

spencercarlos
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Marion Bartoli said in her blog this week in Seoul, that in Bali one night, she fell asleep at 11:00 PM and woke up at 6:00 PM. How can a person sleep for 19 hours :eek: :eek: Maybe it's just me but that's crazy! :eek: :eek:

"Hi everyone,

I just came off the court from my second round match with Severine Brémond. We didn't know if we were going to play indoors or outdoors, or if we were going to play today at all. The rain would stop and start and it was getting really boring. All I usually do during these delays is try and eat some food and look for relaxing things to do to keep my mind off the rain. But we did get to play in the end, and it was a very tough match. We both played really well. She played a lot of drop shots, so I had to run a lot and focus, and I'm happy to get through in straight sets, 76(1) 61. The first set was close but it was a little easier in the second.

I remember playing Severine in some French tournaments a long time ago, not on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour or ITF Women's Circuit. I was younger than her and she'd always beat me. Then, I beat her once, in the French Championships, on clay, and we didn't play for six years, until today.

One thing I've had fun with this week is playing this game on the Nintendo DS, Cérébrale Académie (Big Brain Academy). I played it a lot last night. You have 60 seconds per category and there are five categories: think, memorize, analyze, compute and identify. The better answers you have and the quicker you give them, the better score you have. Last night I broke the record of the master of the game! Once you are done, it gives you the weight of your brain. The master of the game has one kilogram, 69 grams; I got more than two kilograms!

I'm playing late tomorrow so I'm quite lucky, because I played pretty late tonight. Now I'm gonna go back to the hotel, get ready and get a nice dinner, then probably get lots of sleep tonight. I sleep a lot - usually 10-12 hours a night. A few weeks ago in Bali, when I got there the first day, I went to bed at 11pm on Friday night and woke up at 6pm on Saturday. That's about 19 hours. And when I got up I looked around and it was still night-time.

Tomorrow I play Akiko Morigami, who, like me, is a double-handed player on both sides. We played once a few years ago. I'll think about my tactics tomorrow, when I'm warming up, just to not put too much pressure on myself. I like to stay relaxed before a match.

Talk to you after the match!

Marion"
I can tell you that is really possible.
Not for my own experience but i have seen it.

Maryamator
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:35 PM
:tape: haha

Nicolás89
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:35 PM

mental stress :shrug:

Highlandman
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM
:eek: :eek:

I sleep between 5 and 7 hours normally :lol:

hingis'boyfriend
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:38 PM
:eek: I could never sleep for that long

star
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I've slept for that long :lol:

alfonsojose
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:51 PM
She was dreaming about winning a Grand Slam :tape:

matthieu_tennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:56 PM
She was dreaming about winning a Grand Slam :tape:
seven rounds it is very long LOl :P maybe she won all the matchs in 3 sets and she won the final 21-19 in the third :bounce:

Talula
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM
seven rounds it is very long LOl :P maybe she won all the matchs in 3 sets and she won the final 21-19 in the third :bounce:
If you dropped a t you could pretend to be the grandson/granddaughter of Mireille. A claim to fame no less! :bounce:

Louis Cyphre
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I know its possible (from personal experience) but there was 3-4 almost sleepless days and nights and a lot of parties ...i dont think that Marion`s case is the same :lol:

lee station
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:17 PM
woah!!!

Europe rocks
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:42 PM
19 hours sleep - that sounds like heaven to me!

andrewbroad
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:50 PM
It's bad for one's blood-pressure to sleep less than 7 or more than 8 hours a night. Not to mention a sheer waste of a significant percentage of one's life.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)

LH2HBH
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:14 PM
I'm generally a 6 hour sleeper but if I get burned out or skip a whole night I could sleep up to 14 hours.

Kimster
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:31 PM
:eek:

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I often get the impression she sleeps on the court as well. :p

njnetswill
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Two words: Jet Lag

When I came back from Beijing to California I slept from 11PM to 3PM the next day.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:54 PM
It's definitely possible. I wonder when she went back to sleep. :scratch:

Even though she annoys the hell outta me on court and I think she would definitely improve by.. like, going to the gym (:o) she intrigues me.... very weird family.

tobi
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I did sleep too :help:

It was quite an experience :lol:

controlfreak
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Normally sleeping for 19 hours would be considered a symptom of clinical depression. Hopefully it was just jet lag or maybe her clock went wrong.

Dominic
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:30 AM
19 hours sleep - that sounds like heaven to me!
That sounds like hell to me. Sleeping is such a waste of time.

MCM
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:56 AM
That sounds like hell to me. Sleeping is such a waste of time.

I completely agree. If I didn't have to sleep, I wouldn't!

hurricanejeanne
Sep 30th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Sleep... :worship:
She probably had jet lag on top of being generally tired.
I remember when I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years back and I was on all of those pain killers I slept for about 15-20 hours a day for the majority of two weeks.

drake3781
Sep 30th, 2006, 02:09 AM
I can sleep 14 hours max. 9-10 seems to be my normal requirement.

Knizzle
Sep 30th, 2006, 02:38 AM
I've slept 14 straight before. It's a freaky feeling. I was working midnights at the time and probably didn't sleep for a couple days.

Derek.
Sep 30th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Woah! :eek:

MikeJones
Sep 30th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Guys, it IS definately possible. The thing about sleep is...if you miss an hour or two for a long stretch, which I imagine ALOT of teenis players do cuz of the travel, it WILL ADD UP. And at somepoint, if you dont set alarm clock, your body will makeup for all the time you jipped it. I went to bed once after only getting 3,4 hours sleep for about a week straight, I went to bed at 7, slept through most of th next day did not wake up till about 3 the next day. Good thing it was a weekend.

And let me tell ya...I was in the bathroom for a LONG time after I woke up :eek:

RND
Sep 30th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Jet-lag maybe...my record is only 16 hours hehe.:lol:

rockstar
Sep 30th, 2006, 04:52 AM
my record is about 15-16 hours, but that was after camping :o

Tripp
Sep 30th, 2006, 04:56 AM
I slept forl almost a whole day, on a bus, after 7 days of partying in the South of the country. You can imagine how my body felt after that.

I'm guessing you have to be really, really tired to sleep for that long. Either that, or have a really big depression.

LindsayRulz
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:17 AM
my record is like 14-15 hours and when I woke up, I was still tired lol

bis2806
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Coz of jetlag obviouslyyyyy

~Eclipsed~
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:57 AM
For some reason the less amount of sleep i get, the better i feel. not saying that it doesn't catch up with me because it does.

Jeff
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Tennis players seem to get a lot more sleep than I expected. Jankovic has said on a few occasions that she has slept in late. It's cool. I like to sleep in late when I can, although I always assumed that during tournaments the players would be up by like 7am every morning :o Guess that's definetly not the case. I like to sleep in, although if I sleep more than 10 hrs. I feel like crap.

go hingis
Sep 30th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I can sleep alot. Once you over sleep it's easy to keep it going because you feel more tired than when you don't oversleep.

Fantastic
Sep 30th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Penelope Cruz once said that everyone in her family likes sleeping a lot. She said that it was not uncommon for her or her sister to sleep for 20 hours straight. Oh, those crazy Spaniards.

esquímaux
Sep 30th, 2006, 09:49 PM
She was dreaming about winning a Grand Slam :tape::lol: So wrong :p :p

LefandePatty
Oct 1st, 2006, 04:31 PM
Bartoli ... :haha:

Such a crazy girl !! :silly:

janko
Oct 1st, 2006, 08:50 PM
I slept something like 20 hours after a long week end in a festival where I didn't slept for almost 2 days, so believe me, 19 hours are possible ;)

skanky~skanketta
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:40 PM
the longest i've ever slept was 15 hours.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:23 AM
After reading her blog, I genuinely feel bad for her. She's completely isolated. She had no contact with anybody on tour that entire week, seemingly has no friends, and just stayed in her hotel when she wasn't playing. Didn't see anything of Seoul.

I understand she's there to do a job and can't just be explore Seoul all week, but most players at least get to see the main touristy stuff. She just seems to be by herself all the time..

Mike_T
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:28 PM
Federer ‘sleeps’ 11 hrs a day. Although it wasn’t mentioned how much of that is spent lying on top of the mattress, rather than on top of Mirka.

I got only about 5 hours sleep in 4/5 days once. Not recommended.

Granny Ford
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:31 PM
I have trouble sleeping 6 hours a day nevermind 16. It's partly due to the problem I'm having concerning my colostomy bag.

No.1Hingis
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:59 PM
Im thinking how she slept those 19 hrs.. I guess she could woke up some times.. and she maybe was so tired so back to sleep again.. for several times so.. that could be one possibility..

Reuchlin
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:03 PM
why did this thread get so many replies?

-Sonic-
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:05 PM
God that sounds good.