PDA

View Full Version : Is Venus wrist injury similar to Clijsters?

henree
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows the exact problem with Venus's wrist. Is it tendinitis? Or is it more serious like ligament damage. Which is what kept Kim out for almost a year?

Maryamator
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:21 PM
i dont think its that serious.. i mean vee continued the match

The Dawntreader
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows the exact problem with Venus's wrist. Is it tendinitis? Or is it more serious like ligament damage. Which is what kept Kim out for almost a year?

I myself think it's tendinitus, Venus's resurgent foe it seems. It plagued her in 99 at the chase Championships and couldnt play again until the clay court season in 2000. I'm a HUGE venus fan, so i'm hoping its nothing that serious, and lets hope she will at least play one more event towards the end of the year. If not, well lets hope for a good 07 :D

Paneru
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:24 PM

True, though she did go
to the slice for almost the
entire second set.

Don't yet want to assume that her not
pulling out Stuttgart yet means she is or
thinks she will be okay to play there, though I'd
hope it does, meaning that it's nothing serious.

IceHock
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:24 PM
My sister also has a problem with her wrist, and when I played tennis with her she could only play for so long because her wrist would start to hurt pretty bad.Hopefully Venus's isn't like that or she might need surgery on it.

Kart
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Why don't we ask them for their MRIs to compare ? :p

Babolatpro880
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Kim completed her 2004 Indian Wells match where she originally injured her wrist as well, where she beat Roesch. She also TRIED to finish her match in Hasselt 04 against Bovina AND this year against Dubois until she fell on top of it.

Direwolf
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I dont know... I hope that its not that serious...
Cuz i remember that match with Davenport in 04 Acura i think, where she was playing her best tennis but then couldnt finish it off...

santhuruu
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I think Venus her wrist injury is worse than Clijsters her wrist.

safinforlife
Oct 1st, 2006, 12:54 AM
that match against davenport was in Carson actually and venus played splendid for 5 game than her wrist fucked her.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:25 AM
question-do you think vaidisova will have the same problem?
they have identical backhands, both use a lot of left hand wrist action-maybe your wrist just aint meant to be moved in that way

safinforlife
Oct 1st, 2006, 01:41 AM
answer-I dont know ask vaidisova

plantman
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:41 AM

That's a long stretch! I don't recall Venus ever having surgery on her wrist where as Clijsters has had at least two I believe.

.Andrew.
Oct 1st, 2006, 03:30 AM
No way! I love Vee and Kimmy but Clijsters injury to me is way more serious than Venus! :)