PDA

View Full Version : Nicole is potentially better than....

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Maria!She will have more titles,will win more Gc and will accomplish more things in tennis game than Maria will do.I'm the first to say that. :worship:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:05 PM
That's nice.

Jum_p_Over
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:07 PM
i like nicole but maria is much more consistent atm

Reuchlin
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:07 PM
well all we have to go on is the following now:

Maria 2 Grand Slams (Wimbledon, USopen)
Nicole 0 Grand Slams

jamatthews
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Who says Nicole will be able to get past Nastya P? :confused:

Wayn77
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I very much doubt it.

Nicjac
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:09 PM
The first? :haha:

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:10 PM
The first? :haha:
You has said that before me :devil: ,sorry :worship:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Omg, I thought this thread would be about Pratt :lol:

Reuchlin
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Omg, I thought this thread would be about Pratt :lol:
me too :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

jamatthews
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:21 PM
me too :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

The one true Nicole :worship:

Vaidisova's evidently having a great impact... :tape:

up!
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Maria!She will have more titles,will win more Gc and will accomplish more things in tennis game than Maria will do.I'm the first to say that. :worship:

In your dreams :kiss:

bellascarlett
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:24 PM
ummm...:o

just a question...why does it always have to be maria?

compare nicole to someone else who hasn't also proven herself to be a champion.

daniela86
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I very much doubt it.
me too.

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Well Nicole has yet to show anything while Maria is a proven champion.

BUBI
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:31 PM
She's also a bitch. Bitchier than Jankovic :devil: :worship:

Ferosh
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:34 PM
:weirdo:

supergrunt
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:35 PM
She should have won a slam this year then. :)

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM
ummm...:o

just a question...why does it always have to be maria?

compare nicole to someone else who hasn't also proven herself to be a champion.
Because,most of the people compare her to Maria.Nicole has a better game.And,when she will become more mature(wait a few months),she will be more successful player than Maria.I'm not talking about right now,I'm talking about the future.Forget the titles and look their game.Her progression is without limits.

hingis'boyfriend
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Nicole is better looking

Vacant
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I very much doubt it.

Same here.

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:37 PM
She's also a bitch. Bitchier than Jankovic :devil: :worship:
Everybody have her own mind ;) I love your avatar!!!

LH2HBH
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Nicole has talent, no doubt but her status as GS champion remains to be seen.

She could injure or burnout, just like that. If only everyone who was #1 material (which she is) won multiple slams and fullfilled their potential! :rolleyes:

Having said that, Maria is two years older than Nicole and it's conceivable that Nicole could have her breakthrough year in 2007, she would be only 1 year older than Maria when she won Wimbledon. Here's a quick breakdown as of today's date!

[#3] MARIA SHARAPOVA (RUS)

SLAMS - 2
TITLES - 13
CAREER HIGH RANKING - 1
CAREER PRIZE MONEY - $7,774,967
WIN LOSS RECORD - 0.8036

[#10] NICOLE VAIDSOVA (CZE)

SLAMS - 0
TITLES - 6
CAREER HIGH RANKING - 9
CAREER PRIZE MONEY - $1,105,710
WIN LOSS RECORD - 0.7647

Kart
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Potential is just that.

Nothing more.

Talula
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:48 PM
I thought Nicole Richie was too ill to play tennis?

hingis'boyfriend
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I thought Nicole Richie was too ill to play tennis?

:lol:

Well I think she would be upstaged by Hantuchova :p

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Nicole has talent, no doubt but her status as GS champion remains to be seen.

She could injure or burnout, just like that. If only everyone who was #1 material (which she is) won multiple slams and fullfilled their potential! :rolleyes:

Having said that, Maria is two years older than Nicole and it's conceivable that Nicole could have her breakthrough year in 2007, she would be only 1 year older than Maria when she won Wimbledon. Here's a quick breakdown as of today's date!

[#3] MARIA SHARAPOVA (RUS)

SLAMS - 2
TITLES - 13
CAREER HIGH RANKING - 1
CAREER PRIZE MONEY - $7,774,967
WIN LOSS RECORD - 0.8036

[#10] NICOLE VAIDSOVA (CZE)

SLAMS - 0
TITLES - 6
CAREER HIGH RANKING - 9
CAREER PRIZE MONEY - $1,105,710
WIN LOSS RECORD - 0.7647
If you to compared by titles,compare in the same age.Young players don't have the same development.

LH2HBH
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:54 PM
If you to compared by titles,compare in the same age.Young players don't have the same development.

In that case Maria had already 6 titles including Wimbledon, I believe.

TaliaSecondServe
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Maria!She will have more titles,will win more Gc and will accomplish more things in tennis game than Maria will do.I'm the first to say that.
We'll see :) Thanks God it doesn't depend upon your wishes :worship:
I like Nicole a lot. As for Maria... I just love her and hope she'll be the best ;)

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:05 PM
In that case Maria had already won Wimbledon.
Yeah,I know but that's mean nothing.Like I has said,players are different development.Nicole have to be more mature,and once she will hav more maturity and experience,she will be a better player.(Maria has became more mature than her by the way).
For me,she has better skills.And a better way to improve herself and her tennis.Maybe she will doesn't win a Gc the next year,but maybe only in two-three years.(the time to let her completed her game).But I don't see Maria become a old player,see her ending her carrier very quickly.(In five-six years).But Nicole seems more able to develop a game which will make her as a complete player.And last more time than Maria.
Just want to know all people think abou that.I love to change my mind and find new things.

IceHock
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Nah, aint happenin.

bellascarlett
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Because,most of the people compare her to Maria.Nicole has a better game.And,when she will become more mature(wait a few months),she will be more successful player than Maria.I'm not talking about right now,I'm talking about the future.Forget the titles and look their game.Her progression is without limits.

What you're saying is ALL wishful thinking. All actual evidence suggests Maria is the better player and has the better game. Results are results. And so far, Nicole has much to prove to be able to be worthy of comparison to Maria really.

Actually, if you wanna play the potential game, I would even argue that...Maria has shown especially with the UO win that she has greatest potential STILL among the young players...that mind is just :worship:...

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Maria has a BY FAR stronger game than Nicole but we'll see how Nicole develops in the next few years.

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:27 PM
What you're saying is ALL wishful thinking. All actual evidence suggests Maria is the better player and has the better game. Results are results. And so far, Nicole has much to prove to be able to be worthy of comparison to Maria really.

Actually, if you wanna play the potential game, I would even argue that...Maria has shown especially with the UO win that she has greatest potential STILL among the young players...that mind is just :worship:...
Don't talk about the fact that Maria is a better player in the way you talk.(right now,she has more results than her,that's obvious).But I was not taking the results as a prove of something.I was talking about potential.Nicole has shown that she had potential(if you want to talk about title).She has won 6 titles already.No Gc,but that's prove nothing.Nicole doesn't win a Gc in the age of 17.So what,it's mean that she's a worst player.
Talking about the fact "you know,Maria has won wimbledon at 17 years old".But that not a mean to say that she will be one of the best player ever(or a great player).It's at the end of her carrier,you have to wait for that.And looking at what Nicole did great things until now.Beat Venus and Mauresmo to go to a first semi-final.So what,Maria has played Ai :tape: .Her draw was so easy.

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Lets wait till Nicole actually wins a title above a tier 3 :tape:

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Lets wait till Nicole actually wins a title above a tier 3 :tape:
Maria just start to win tiers one at the age of 19. :tape:

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Maria just start to win tiers one at the age of 19. :tape:

Maria had won GS, YEC and tier 1 aged just 17 :worship:

The Dawntreader
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:32 PM

Well anyone could say that, i mean of course she has the potential to be as successful, if not more than maria, but potential has to materialised and turn into results. Its allright us speculating, but until that happens 2 Slams speak for themselves ;)

spencercarlos
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I pretty much agree, after all Pratt is playing like a top 50 player :worship:

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:34 PM
A Gc and Yec,that's all.And was not couting it in the calcul.Gc and Yec are different thing that Tier one.

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:36 PM
A Gc and Yec,that's all.And was not couting it in the calcul.Gc and Yec are different thing that Tier one.

Get your facts right, Maria had won a tier 1 as well when she was 17.

With yourself being so diluded, I know its hard for you to learn facts. :tape:

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Get your facts right, Maria had won a tier 1 as well when she was 17.

With yourself being so diluded, I know its hard for you to learn facts. :tape:
How nice you are!Tokyo,but a easy draw to the final again.But,I don't want to talk about result.Want to talk about game.Goodbye.

jacobruiz
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Don't talk about the fact that Maria is a better player in the way you talk.(right now,she has more results than her,that's obvious).But I was not taking the results as a prove of something.I was talking about potential.Nicole has shown that she had potential(if you want to talk about title).She has won 6 titles already.No Gc,but that's prove nothing.Nicole doesn't win a Gc in the age of 17.So what,it's mean that she's a worst player.
Talking about the fact "you know,Maria has won wimbledon at 17 years old".But that not a mean to say that she will be one of the best player ever(or a great player).It's at the end of her carrier,you have to wait for that.And looking at what Nicole did great things until now.Beat Venus and Mauresmo to go to a first semi-final.So what,Maria has played Ai :tape: .Her draw was so easy.

Maria not only beat the two top players in the world to win the US Open - she beat them convincingly. And perhaps you could not grasp the meaning in Bella's post (no offence, but your English isn't the greatest) but she meant that Maria has shown more potential than Nicole, not just better results. Anyone with intelligence who watched Maria's wins over Amelie and Justine could see the improvement in Maria's game and her strategy. She moved her opponents around like chess pieces and they really had no answer.

The fact is, everything Masha has said in the past about being "only 17" and having time on her side is coming true. She HAS improved and she will continue to do so.

bellascarlett
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:39 PM

wha??

number one: I also talked about potential...Maria's potential > Nicole's potential.

number two: Try to follow your own advice :help: You say "But that not a mean to say that she will be one of the best player ever(or a great player). It's at the end of her carrier,you have to wait for that". I say her achievements or her game now does not suggest Nicole will be better than Maria. You have to wait for that. :wavey:

For now, Maria is in a league of her own if you talk about young players.

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Your the one who brought up wrong facts so I thought I'd correct them.

Talk about game? Whats there to talk about the game of a player who has never won a title above a tier 3???

We might as well pick out any random 13 year old and say how she will potentially be the best.

Il Primo!
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Maria not only beat the two top players in the world to win the US Open - she beat them convincingly. And perhaps you could not grasp the meaning in Bella's post (no offence, but your English isn't the greatest) but she meant that Maria has shown more potential than Nicole, not just better results. Anyone with intelligence who watched Maria's wins over Amelie and Justine could see the improvement in Maria's game and her strategy. She moved her opponents around like chess pieces and they really had no answer.

The fact is, everything Masha has said in the past about being "only 17" and having time on her side is coming true. She HAS improved and she will continue to do so.

Sounds good :drool:

bellascarlett
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:43 PM

:haha: someone seems so lost now...can't even get his facts right...and when proven wrong...goes to the usual sore loser 'she had a good draw' crap...luv it...

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Oh,god,I'm happy to be not intelligent as you are.
I can reply to what the other has said.My english is bad,I know,but I try to improve.Appointment is given when Nicole will beat Maria.

jacobruiz
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Your the one who brought up wrong facts so I thought I'd correct them.

Talk about game? Whats there to talk about the game of a player who has never won a title above a tier 3???

We might as well pick out any random 13 year old and say how she will potentially be the best.

No, I think Nicole has definately shown real potential. But not as much as Maria has shown so far.

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:45 PM
:haha: someone seems so lost now...can't even get his facts right...and when proven wrong...goes to the usual sore loser 'she had a good draw' crap...luv it...

He hasn't got any knowledge of tennis. Don't know what he's doing on a tennis board, no wonder he seems lost.

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Ok,I speak bad english,thanks :rolleyes: I was not going to be mean with you. :rolleyes:

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:47 PM
He hasn't got any knowledge of tennis. Don't know what he's doing on a tennis board, no wonder he seems lost.
Maybe I was searching you.And you know I speak bad englsih so what's why I can say good thing.But you don't know me to say that I'm a crap on tennis.

Il Primo!
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:48 PM

Yep, we all know it's a god blessing to play Davenport and a fully fit Serena at Wimbledon

RussiaTennis
Ok,I speak bad english,thanks :rolleyes: I was not going to be mean with you. :rolleyes:

No need to tell us your English is bad, we already know. :)

Bad English and talking out of your ass have no bearing on each other

The Dawntreader

tu parler au francais?

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:51 PM
No need to tell us your English is bad, we already know. :)

Bad English and talking out of your ass have no bearing on each other
I was tring to be nice with you at the beginning but you're so nice :rolleyes: Si on ne reconnait même pas les gens qui font des effors,j'ai qu'a rester chez moi comme ça je serais encore plus idiot que je suis. :rolleyes: C'est ça?Mais tu dois être assez intelligent pr comprendre ce que j'ai écrit. :lol:

Il Primo!
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:51 PM
As long as people understand what he's meaning, it's no need to make a big deal with his english :rolleyes:

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:53 PM
tu parler au francais?
Non.Je m'exprime mieux en Français,donc evidemment là les gens comprendrait que j'ai l'air moins débile que quand j'essaie de parler en Anglais :lol:

bellascarlett
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:53 PM

Um when did I talk about your english??????? HUH???

Just proves someone's head is spinning. ;)

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:55 PM
As long as people understand what he's meaning, it's no need to make a big deal with his english :rolleyes:

No one is accusing him of his English, he's the one who keeps on saying "my English is bad" as an excuse for lack of tennis knowledge.

he's like a little toy robot, everytime you press it, it says "my English is bad" :tape:

jacobruiz
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Oh,god,I'm happy to be not intelligent as you are.
I can reply to what the other has said.My english is bad,I know,but I try to improve.Appointment is given when Nicole will beat Maria.

No need to be rude, I wasn't saying that I was more intelligent than you.:rolleyes:

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:00 PM
No one is accusing him of his English, he's the one who keeps on saying "my English is bad" as an excuse for lack of tennis knowledge.

he's like a little toy robot, everytime you press it, it says "my English is bad" :tape:
:lol: :lol: Mais il a quoi ce mec dans la tête.Tu comprends pas???Hein?"petit robot qui n'as que Maria dans la tête"Try to explain yourself in French about tennis,It would be funny.It's not because I has said that I prefer Nicole to Maria that I has bad tennis knowledge.Maria is not the one player of the circuit.And glad for her that Monica and the williams sisters has existed.She will not be here.And I never saying that Maria was crap.But that I was thinking that Nicole was better than her.So what?

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:00 PM
No need to be rude, I wasn't saying that I was more intelligent than you.:rolleyes:
Ok,sorry ;) I have nothing against you ;)

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:05 PM
:lol: :lol: Mais il a quoi ce mec dans la tête.Tu comprends pas???Hein?"petit robot qui n'as que Maria dans la tête"Try to explain yourself in French about tennis,It would be funny.It's not because I has said that I prefer Nicole to Maria that I has bad tennis knowledge.Maria is not the one player of the circuit.And glad for her that Monica and the williams sisters has existed.She will not be here.And I never saying that Maria was crap.But that I was thinking that Nicole was better than her.So what?

I don't speak French, thats why I am here on an English message board and not a French one. Stop changing the topic.

Anyway back to potential, I think Maria has not just a bit more potential that Nicole but A LOT more potential. Maria is several leagues ahead of Nicole, its not even close and never will be IMO.

Zauber
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:12 PM
two years ago and last year I thought Nicole had a chance of becoming an all time great.
But since her amazing run at the end of last year, she really has not progressed.
At least not to the extend that a really great player does at that age.(women players)
She obviously is very good and will stay a very solid top ten player.
But I now douby if she will be at the very top.
Perhaps she grew too much and has become just another big babe with power.
But so did Maria Sharapova.
I am disappointed.
Yes i know that is outrages but I had huge expectations of her.
Oh well another solid top ten player in the merry go around at the top.

Nicolás89
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:17 PM
technically all the players have the potencial to be a great

the fact is nicole is not better than maria period

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I don't speak French, thats why I am here on an English message board and not a French one. Stop changing the topic.

Anyway back to potential, I think Maria has not just a bit more potential that Nicole but A LOT more potential. Maria is several leagues ahead of Nicole, its not even close and never will be IMO.
And that's why I'mon an englsih message board and not a french one.To talk English.You undestand very well what I has said before.so talking about my poor english,it's just a mean to change the conversation for you,not for me!

Yea,But what kind of thing?Do you explain?For exemple,Maria has a better defense and forehand,but I think also that Nicole has better volley and can slice sometime.So,it's 50/50.One has what the other don't have.

perseus2006
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Pharrell is is right that Vad has good game right now and enormous potential for the future. Perhaps Vad will develop into a major player and be a major competitor with Pova. That would be a good thing for both. Great rivalries push both players to achieve their total potential.

There's room for ten players in the top 10!!! Vad will be a regular member of that august group for years to come if she plays to her potential. There are other coming up, too: Radwanska has been impressive throughout 2006; Ivanovic, Jankovic, Dinara and Kuzy. Na Li and Peng Shai are on the cusp. The future looks fantastic for the WTA. The old timers, like Davenport, the WS, the Belgians and Ame, will be eventually ushered out by a better, stronger, more fit breed of tennis players.

However, as a PovaPartisan, I hope Pova can continue to grow in tennis and become the leader of the group. It's ok if Pharrell likes to daydream, too, about Vad's future. Vad's an impressive kid!!!

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:24 PM
two years ago and last year I thought Nicole had a chance of becoming an all time great.
But since her amazing run at the end of last year, she really has not progressed.
At least not to the extend that a really great player does at that age.(women players)
She obviously is very good and will stay a very solid top ten player.
But I now douby if she will be at the very top.
Perhaps she grew too much and has become just another big babe with power.
But so did Maria Sharapova.
I am disappointed.
Yes i know that is outrages but I had huge expectations of her.
Oh well another solid top ten player in the merry go around at the top.
But she's only 17.She can win a lot of grand slam(but at least,not too younger that the great one).And each time I saw her,she's progressing.Did you has wachted her match against Ai.The second set was brillant from her.

RussiaTennis
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:28 PM
And that's why I'mon an englsih message board and not a french one.To talk English.You undestand very well what I has said before.so talking about my poor english,it's just a mean to change the conversation for you,not for me!

Yea,But what kind of thing?Do you explain?For exemple,Maria has a better defense and forehand,but I think also that Nicole has better volley and can slice sometime.So,it's 50/50.One has what the other don't have.

I never once accused you of your English. You're the one who keeps on telling us your about your English.

Anyway back to the topic, I think Maria has better 1st serve, 2nd serve, return, forehand, backhand, anticipation, smash, drive volley movement, speed, footwork, mentality.....I can go on and on.

égalité
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I think about 50 people have said it before you :lol:

perseus2006
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Carmen Mairena,

I can understand your fustration after seeing your portrait, that is, your avatar.

Until now, I didn't realize female canines marked their territory.

hu2891601
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Nicole seems not very consistent because she's still VERY young, and just had a pretty nice season, and breakthrough at Roland Garros. She's now like Sharapova a few years back, has the potential but not very consistent yet. Sharapova lost in early rounds in GS and a couple tournaments after 2004 Wimbledon, too.

But I think it's hard to say weather Nicole will pass Sharapova when she gets older, because mental-wise, she's not as tough as Sharapova, but at the age of 17, I do think that her movement is better than sharapova already, and also a bigger serve and a bigger forehand.

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I never once accused you of your English. You're the one who keeps on telling us your about your English.Anyway back to the topic, I think Maria has better 1st serve, 2nd serve, return, forehand, backhand, anticipation, smash, drive volley movement, speed, footwork, mentality.....I can go on and on.
Come on,you has said that I was a bad english. :rolleyes: (you just say the same thing to carmen)
Maria volley is far the worst volley ont the tour.Her serve is not as big as you think.I think that the only problemright now is the consistent of Nicole.When she will have this,she will progress more and more.And improve her rankings.I see her like a potential real number one for a long time.

LH2HBH
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Nicole might win multiple grand slams and be #1 but the truth is here you are just arguing for the sake of arguing and purposely ignoring other people's well thought out arguments.

Neptune
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Nicole might win multiple grand slams and be #1 but the truth is here you are just arguing for the sake of arguing and purposely ignoring other people's well thought out arguments.
He gives his argument,I give the mine.That's the goal of the discussion.

The_Pov
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:55 PM
There's no point in comparing, for all we know Nicole may get injured and end up floating around the 50 range for the rest of her career, it has happened.

Right now you're dealing in "if's", I deal in facts and right now Maria has 2 slams, 1 YEC and is a former number 1. When she was 17 she had a slam a YEC and numerous other titles, Nicole has a string of tier III's.

ATM Maria is leaps and bounds above all the other 20 and unders.

hu2891601
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:04 AM
well, everyone's prime age is different. like Henin, she didn't win her first GS til 20, or, like Mauresmo, she didn't win one GS til 27. Overall, if you ask me, Henin and Mauresmo are definitely better player than Sharapova.. all sharapova has is just power.. and hard hitting.. and she wins the slam, when the top players have a low day.

tennisbear7
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Every one is so sick of hearing things such as "Nicole will be better than Maria" blah blah blah.

And every one is so sick of bashing Maria. Yes, she rubs a lot of people the wrong way but there is no doubt that she is a great player!

So every one, shut up will you? Don't compare the incomparable! Nicole is not as mature as Maria.

Leave the comparisons alone because you'll only stir trouble.

pimpie
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:06 AM
well, everyone's prime age is different. like Henin, she didn't win her first GS til 20, or, like Mauresmo, she didn't win one GS til 27. Overall, if you ask me, Henin and Mauresmo are definitely better player than Sharapova.. all sharapova has is just power.. and hard hitting.. and she wins the slam, when the top players have a low day.

yes that's the only reason why she has won 2 GS :rolleyes:

parn2257
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:46 AM
I don't think we see the real nicole yet!

jamatthews
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:31 AM
The hilarious thing is earlier this year when there were arguments between Ivanovic and Vaidisova fans, Vaidisova fans played the "look how much she's done at such a young age" card as proof she'd be a better player than Ivanovic. Now it's "players develop at different ages". :hehehe:

Mother_Marjorie
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:38 AM

http://www.parm.net/b3ta/bandwagon.jpg

The_Pov
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:44 AM
The hilarious thing is earlier this year when there were arguments between Ivanovic and Vaidisova fans, Vaidisova fans played the "look how much she's done at such a young age" card as proof she'd be a better player than Ivanovic. Now it's "players develop at different ages". :hehehe:

I think it's because delusionally they were so sure nicole would win a slam and follow Maria's succes (they'll never admit that though)

Although Nicole is a league above Ana and Maria is a League above Nicole.

Talula
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I've just realised this is about Chinny Chin Chin. I think she's ghastly.

RussiaTennis
Sep 30th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I think it's because delusionally they were so sure nicole would win a slam and follow Maria's succes (they'll never admit that though)

The difference between Nicole and Ana is not that great. Neither are proven, Nicole has more titles but Ana has a tier 1 whereas Nicole has only tier 3 and below. Its best not to compare Maria and Nicole, Maria is a multiple GS champ. Nicole and Ana can and should be compared to each other cos there is very little difference between in 2 players in terms of tennis.

Serge007
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Maria>Sveta>Nicole>Dinara>Ana.