PDA

View Full Version : should "bathroom breaks" and "injury time-outs" be eliminated?

vogus
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:36 PM
... in favor of two or three legal time-outs per match that a player could call for any reason they wish? I notice people are often taking exception to what is perceived as strategic use of the "toilet break" and "injury time-out" rules.

pauletta
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:43 PM
why they need bathroom breaks? u know what they like?

they is like that peoples that go to the movies and when you sit to watch movie they is eating and drinking and then they is ups all night from seat to piss and empty bowels from what they eat and drink. why not go before the match or movie its so darmed easy

The_Pov
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:45 PM
No because they provide so much drama here when Maria takes one!

pauletta
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:46 PM
No because they provide so much drama here when Maria takes one!
she should be in movies shes such an actress

Mileen
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:13 AM
No.

borisy
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:14 AM
I think the rule should be no bathroom breaks after 1 set only and max. injury timeout should be 3-4 mins.

Girls have the special condition so banning bathroom breaks altogether would be cruel.

borisy
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:15 AM
They should also ban changing rackets in the middle of a game unless some part of the racket is broken.

controlfreak
Sep 30th, 2006, 12:23 PM
They should have a little potty under the players' chairs, obviously. A couple of ballboys can hold some towels up for privacy.

rockstar
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:09 PM
are the girls supposed to pee and poop on court with a few thousand spectators watching :weirdo:

Tennace
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:11 PM
No because mens matches when a match lasts 5 hours, and they are drinknig something on every changeover, they are going to need to go to the bathroom eventually. Women too, sometimes there are 3 hour matches, and you would expect for a player to need to use the bathroom if they are drinking so much water.

azza
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:28 PM
No they shouldnt be eliminated imagin how many retirments coz of Weak Bladder especially for Women.

Lunaris
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Ehm... if you must go then you must go, but surely for some people it would be far more interesting than microphones, interviews during matches and other "improvements" connected to on-court coaching.

MisterMan
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Urinating is a necessary action ! lol !
How could you possibly force someone NOT to urinate. They drink a LOT of water out there.
Imagine Roddick/Tursonov 5 hour davis cup match and them being not allowed to pee ?
lol

madame_maria
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:04 PM
my stomach ain't strong enough for stained skirts and dresses. please.

imagine wimbledon and the "white attire" rule.

no freaking way dammit.

LH2HBH
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Absolutely not should they be eliminated. Some of the responses from this thread... :lol: "pee and poop"

Reuchlin
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:10 PM
I play a lot of tennis and I can tell you right now that even when playing 3 hour matches and drinking 2 litr. of water, not ONCE have I ever had to go to the bathroom.

Paul.
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:34 PM
the rules regarding them need to be revised but i dont think they should be cmpletely wiped out

johnoo
Sep 30th, 2006, 05:36 PM
are the girls supposed to pee and poop on court with a few thousand spectators watching :weirdo:
well Paula Radcliffe did it in front of tv cameras and spectators but to be honest I don't want to see players having to finish a match after they have relieved themselves on court so please let them go to the toilet if they need too.