PDA

View Full Version : Now that is Tier II tournament!

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:01 PM
:rolls:
What's going on there? Radwanska, Bondarenko, Peschke awaiting the winner of Schnyder/Schiavone in the semis! :help:

Seriously, what's wrong with tennis nowadays? No offense to other players but with Davenport, Clijsters, Henin, Venus, Myskina all missing indoor season I don't see anyone chasing Mauresmo and Sharapova for Stuttgart-Moscow-Zurich titles.

Btw, kudos to Radwanska.

Nicolás89
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:03 PM
What's going on there? Radwanska, Bondarenko, Peschke awaiting the winner of Schnyder/Schiavone in the semis! :help:

whats wrong with that
i prefer to watch good players playing great to top players playing awful

Sassy-Na
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:04 PM
i prefer patty to win the title :lol:

fran needs to wait until shuai gets her first title :lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:05 PM
this one girl, Serena something or other might do some damage here and there. She's ranked low, but I mean, I have faith that she'll crack the top 50 by the end of the season. ;)

Nicolás89
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:12 PM
this one girl, Serena something or other might do some damage here and there. She's ranked low, but I mean, I have faith that she'll crack the top 50 by the end of the season. ;)

emm no i dont think so she is not that good

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:13 PM
whats wrong with that
i prefer to watch good players playing great...

But neither of them plays great (except of up-and-coming Radwanska) which makes situation even more ridiculous.

No.1Hingis
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:14 PM

Seriously, what's wrong with tennis nowadays? No offense to other players but with Davenport, Clijsters, Henin, Venus, Myskina all missing indoor season I don't see anyone chasing Mauresmo and Sharapova for Stuttgart-Moscow-Zurich titles.

Btw, kudos to Radwanska.

I can let a chance to Marti for Zurich.. and Lena in Moscow .. theres Kuzzy too.. I guess.. we wont have new faces, nobody out the TOP 8 would take those titles... and Nadia .. well.. these days she just need :help:

MisterMan
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Seriously, what's wrong with tennis nowadays

It's called upsets and injuries.
If V wasn't injured , she'd be in the final 4, 2 or winner.
If Elena had any consistency at all, she wouldn't fall to these types of players and be in the final 4,2 or winner.

But what a chance for the others !

Kim's_fan_4ever
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Well, I would prefer to watch higher ranked players in semis but if Peschke-Bondarenko play some good tennis and interesting points, It's fine with me.
Of course I don't mind second semi. Obviously it's not good for the tournament to lose #1 seed player. But Aga plays in this semi so I'm satisfied :lol:

MisterMan
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:15 PM
THIS is why Kuznetsova is the next big thing. There's no one like her out there at the moment - She'll be number one within 12 months, i say.

hingis'boyfriend
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:16 PM
I hope Radwanska wins it! :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Luxembourg had an excellent field. These players just profited from lack of form on the side of the top players, and produced some excellent tennis themselves. And Kveta, when she is in form, is known to do damage ;) Thank God she found that form again.

davidmario
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I think it is only a positive development in the WTAtour. The competition is getting stronger and Top80 players can beat Top10 players.
That makes tennis more interesting.

Or do you want the 'good old' times where Graf won a Grandslam final 6-0 6-0 :lol:

davidmario
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:22 PM
But neither of them plays great (except of up-and-coming Radwanska) which makes situation even more ridiculous.
Well, I don't want to see a double-faulting russian cow who hits 50 UEs in the semis only because she's Top10:cuckoo:

Give Kveta some credit. She destroyed Safina and last year Dementieva indoors so starting this thread is an act of frustration from you IMO :rolleyes:

mike/topgun
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Lets' hope that Aga saves this event:help: :haha:
The other semis = :tape: not a good tourney SO FAR in terms of quality play:o

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Well, I don't want to see a double-faulting russian cow who hits 50 UEs in the semis only because she's Top10:cuckoo:

Give Kveta some credit. She destroyed Safina and last year Dementieva indoors so starting this thread is an act of frustration from you IMO :rolleyes:

I'm not a big fan of Dementieva and I'm not a fan of Safina at all.
And yes, Radwanska won fair and square.

But c'mon, Peschke and Bondarenko? Don't tell me they have played exciting tennis 'cos it's not true. They play crappy tennis as well. They are 30 y.o. who have never been close to Top 20. It's not like they are prominent on the scene. They were lucky to get a chance for the final. For sure it's not their fault. But it hardly took enormous efforts from them.

mike/topgun
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by davidmario
I think it is only a positive development in the WTAtour. The competition is getting stronger and Top80 players can beat Top10 players.

It's not like the competiton is getting stronger.:rolleyes:
There's more and more injuries and players like ElenaD(notable mention to her serve) are the biggest stars of tier II events!:o
Where are the GS champs, finalists...where are the stars in-form?:smash:

Though, thankfully, Aga's a rising star, so she can save the tourney:devil:

davidmario
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:58 PM

But c'mon, Peschke and Bondarenko? Don't tell me they have played exciting tennis 'cos it's not true. They play crappy tennis as well. They are 30 y.o. who have never been close to Top 20. It's not like they are prominent on the scene. They were lucky to get a chance for the final. For sure it's not their fault. But it hardly took enormous efforts from them.
I bet you did not see one single match of Kveta in this tournament so shut the fuck up!

Babolatpro880
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Before you start saying "they" maybe you should check your facts. Alona is 22, not 30.

CooCooCachoo
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Alona is 30 and will retire soon :sobbing:

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Ok, I am dumb. :help: :smash:

For some reason I was sure Bondarenko is 30 y.o.

Still it doesn't change a lot. She is virtually nobody while spectators pay money to see some big guns going for the shots and producing exciting performance. It won't happen now.