PDA

View Full Version : How amazing is Aga Radwanska?

Justine Fan
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:48 PM
This 17 year old is going to be in the top 20 real soon! What an amazing player she really is! :worship: Also, what a respectful player she is. The reason I say this is because of the way she celebrated her win today to the way she celebrated her win over Venus yesterday.

Yesterday, due to Venus's injury, she just walked up to the net and shook Venus's hand ... she gave Venus respect because of the injury. Today, when she beat Elena D (who had no injury), she raised her hands in the air! She knows how to be.

I really, really like this girl and will be rooting for her in the future. :worship:

Go Aga!!!

Aaron.
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Earlier this year i thought she was overhpyed :eek:
She is a great player and will be put in my Signature Go Aga :bowdown:

Dexter
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:50 PM
She celebrates her victories always like that Sandra... ALWAYS. She's really mature player. Best of luck Isia! :hug:

Pasta-Na
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:50 PM
go check her "activity" on her profile of wtatour... u will see how amazing she is :angel: :lol:

rrfnpump
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:51 PM
actually, she didnt play thaaaat well today
she can play much better :)

dizoo
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:51 PM
she seems to be a nice girl!

pla
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I loved Aga immediately after I saw her in Warsaw, her game maturity is amazing. She has a lot of work to do of course but this maturity I talk about is just amazing in todays game from a 17yr-old. :worship:

And what about how calm and focused she stays? :D

pla
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:53 PM
go check her "activity" on her profile of wtatour... u will see how amazing she is :angel: :lol:

Shut it already mr/mrs "Aga is gone" :wavey: Sour grapes. Leave her fans be happy. :)

Justine Fan
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I loved Aga immediately after I saw her in Warsaw, her game maturity is amazing. She has a lot of work to do of course but this maturity I talk about is just amazing in todays game from a 17yr-old. :worship:

And what about how calm and focused she stays? :D

Exactly .... that another one of the reasons I will support her and be one of her fans.

Niunia
I think Justine fan didnt say about her tennis game , but about her reactions after match.

Pasta-Na
Shut it already mr/mrs "Aga is gone" :wavey: Sour grapes. Leave her fans be happy. :)

well, hope she wont follow marta's track :angel:

Justine Fan
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:56 PM

I don't need to check .... I've seen for myself how amazing she is! I wouldn't have started this thread otherwise would I? :rolleyes:

Justine Fan
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I think Justine fan didnt say about her tennis game , but about her reactions after match.

I meant "everything" about the girl .... her game, her focus, her maturity, everything about her on the tennis court! :) :worship:

pla

I am not a fan of Marta, try something else :wavey: And whatever she does, I am a fan till the end and not a glory-hunter. ;)

Aaron.
go check her "activity" on her profile of wtatour... u will see how amazing she is :angel: :lol: Someone is sour about Na losing :weirdo:

Justine Fan
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:58 PM

I don't really think you can talk with whom you have in your sig! :devil:

Dexter
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Someone is sour about Na losing :weirdo:and Aaron is spot on as always :yeah: :lol: ;)

CooCooCachoo
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM
She is a very good player. All-round. I think she can play very well on all courts. She can tackle hardhitters as well as other players. Plausibly, she will enter the Top 10 one day.

I just think that she is quite boring to watch, as she shows absolutely no emotions on court. She looks bored on court :shrug: Maybe she is really concentrating hard, but sometimes she looks almost like Benesova, showing no sign of interest whatsoever.

saki
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I was really impressed with her play at Wimbledon, she showed a lot of maturity and poise there, I'm glad she's starting to become a bit more consistent. I just hope she isn't too tired from now on in Luxembourg since she qualified and all.

pla
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:04 PM
She is a very good player. All-round. I think she can play very well on all courts. She can tackle hardhitters as well as other players. Plausibly, she will enter the Top 10 one day.

I just think that she is quite boring to watch, as she shows absolutely no emotions on court. She looks bored on court :shrug: Maybe she is really concentrating hard, but sometimes she looks almost like Benesova, showing no sign of interest whatsoever.

But did you see that smile in the end? :D

Nicjac
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I watched the match and was impressed. As before.

Kept her cool, no mental breakdown, couldn't care less about who was standing on the other side, varied a lot, could have risked some more on second serve of Lena or with regard to charging to the net, but IMO a well deserved win.

Now, win the whole thing :)

borisy
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:06 PM

What an annoying little prick are you?

Kim's_fan_4ever
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Remember that she's only 17

pla
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Remember that she's only 17

And she's still played in juniors this year, mixing with the seniors. So it's quite her first year with the big girls :)

Kim's_fan_4ever
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:09 PM
actually, she didnt play thaaaat well today
she can play much better :)
That's true. She can play better than today, today it was Elena that was very helpful but Aga showed us some great points, didn't she?
She's very young and she's already very mature. That win was the one that we (Aga's fans) can really celebrate :D

mike/topgun
Aga's not only a smart girl but also a very smart and cool player:D
Though, she can play much better than she did today, but who cares as long as Elena played even worse:p

She's a really nice and humble person too.
She knew that Vee was injured, and Aga struggled with some health problems herself recently (flu), even here in Lux.
I guess that it was why she just shook Vee's hand y'day. Today was a different match, full of fight, not on a high level, but it was her first victory over top 10 player, and you cant say that was not a proper win:woohoo:

Go Aga:yeah:

Nicjac

Well, I saw several emotions this time. To be honest too many as I thought for a very brief time that she would falter after losing that break in the second set to 2:3.

But you are right in some respect ;) - she is quick in composing herself and that attitude after the match (handshake, celebrating the win, hitting balls in the stands) was rather - dull. Or well-behaved :tape:

LeRoy.
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:28 PM
What an annoying little prick are you?

:spit:

CooCooCachoo
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Well, I saw several emotions this time. To be honest too many as I thought for a very brief time that she would falter after losing that break in the second set to 2:3.

But you are right in some respect ;) - she is quick in composing herself and that attitude after the match (handshake, celebrating the win, hitting balls in the stands) was rather - dull. Or well-behaved :tape:

I didn't watch this match, but I saw her this weekend in qualifying. She is very calm and collected. Personally, I don't really like to see that. But her game is very impressive and likeable!

!<blocparty>!
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:32 PM
She's fun. I like her even more now after beating Demented in straight sets. :)

No Name Face
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I like her even more now after beating Demented in straight sets. :)

illustrating your maturity yet again.

unfortunately, taking out dementieva is no longer a sign of greatness. :sad:

The Daviator
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:41 PM
She's destined for big things no doubt, I've become a big fan of hers (and Ula!), she's going to have an awesome career :worship:

hingis'boyfriend
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:44 PM
She's destined for big things no doubt, she's going to have an awesome career :worship:

Don't jinx her ;)

Sha_ra_po_va
These are definitely a couple of major scalps....she is one to watch!

Sha_ra_po_va
These are definitely a couple of major scalps....she is one to watch!

barmaid
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a "real deal" to me....get the title now Agnieszka!!:worship: :hearts:

barmaid:wavey:

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:50 PM

Yes please do. You will see that she has leapt from outside the top 300 into at least the mid 60s and possibly higher in just 4 months. :worship:

pla
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Guys don't use this "real dea" even if you're jocking, it's SO out of date already ;)

And Aga is not any deal, she's just Aga :hug: :D

papru
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:55 PM
you wish you could beat Myskina, Dementieva and Vee but you are surely not good enough even to PLAY against them :o

Nicjac
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:01 PM

Come on. Lena deserves a lot of respect. She met a worthy adversary today, but that might be a spur of a moment. All of us experience lousy days, worthy opponents, intense doubts, stupid thinking, lousy strategy, worthless attempts - do not put her down just because of some results this year.

BTW - she is one of the best ten tennis players in the world, we should show more respect. Even though some of us play on college level ;)

Talula
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I really took to her in the Venus match. Venus pounding those balls before she served in anger. Agnieszka was as cool as a cucumber and delivered. And the glacial handshake at the end. I really LIKE her! She has a new fan!

Talula
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:12 PM
She's destined for big things no doubt, I've become a big fan of hers (and Ula!), she's going to have an awesome career :worship:
Agnieszka actually reminds me a little of Lindsay. I hope she has as great a career because I think the Tour needs players like Lindsay.

No Name Face
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Come on. Lena deserves a lot of respect. She met a worthy adversary today, but that might be a spur of a moment. All of us experience lousy days, worthy opponents, intense doubts, stupid thinking, lousy strategy, worthless attempts - do not put her down just because of some results this year.

BTW - she is one of the best ten tennis players in the world, we should show more respect. Even though some of us play on college level ;)

yeah, i know...but elena is ALWAYS that top 10 player you can count on beating.

frenchie
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:30 PM
This 17 year old is going to be in the top 20 real soon! What an amazing player she really is! :worship: Also, what a respectful player she is. The reason I say this is because of the way she celebrated her win today to the way she celebrated her win over Venus yesterday.

Yesterday, due to Venus's injury, she just walked up to the net and shook Venus's hand ... she gave Venus respect because of the injury. Today, when she beat Elena D (who had no injury), she raised her hands in the air! She knows how to be.

I really, really like this girl and will be rooting for her in the future. :worship:

Go Aga!!!

Yeah :rolleyes: her behaviour is normal
Of course you must be shocked to see such fair-play from a player, being a Justine fan :tape: :tape:

I've just learned Nastya won't play this year anymore so I have the right to spread my frustration everywhere :lol:

The Daviator
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Agnieszka actually reminds me a little of Lindsay. I hope she has as great a career because I think the Tour needs players like Lindsay.

Definitely :yeah:

Justine Fan
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah :rolleyes: her behaviour is normal
Of course you must be shocked to see such fair-play from a player, being a Justine fan :tape: :tape:

I've just learned Nastya won't play this year anymore so I have the right to spread my frustration everywhere :lol:

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/sign0104.gif

:haha: :haha:

that coming from a Nastya fan :haha: :haha:

The Dawntreader
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I cannot begin to reel off all the positives that surround this young pole. Great ethic, talent, temperament, ambition- this girl has the lot. Not to mention awesome technique. This girl is rock solid. When players like Sharapova, vaidisova, Groenfold etc burst onto the scene as young guns, they were very unfinished technically, but Agniesszka seems to be just so technically sound. her backhand is a thing of beaty, she has such good control and great raquet head speed that can create super depth and angle. Add to that also, such effortless boundless movement. She really is a joy to watch.

Go Aga :worship:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:39 PM

Liking someone even more after a great performance against a current top 10 player - how childish!!

frenchie
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:40 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/sign0104.gif

:haha: :haha:

that coming from a Nastya fan :haha: :haha:

Can yo tell me one time when Nastya was not fair-play :confused: :help:

Justine Fan
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:42 PM

This was a positive thread until you came into it .....now fuck off and take your negativity with you. This is about Aga.

frenchie
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:44 PM
This was a positive thread until you came into it .....now fuck off and take your negativity with you. This is about Aga.

I agree Aga is great!
Actually I was at the match and I cheered loudly for her :kiss:

Il Primo!
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:49 PM
She's so addictive :eek:

Mileen
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I meant "everything" about the girl .... her game, her focus, her maturity, everything about her on the tennis court! :) :worship:

Agree!

pla
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:00 PM

And what Aga did?

Don't even answer- the answer is exactly the same. Go away take out your frustration about Nastya pls.

frenchie
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM
And what Aga did?

Don't even answer- the answer is exactly the same. Go away take out your frustration about Nastya pls.

:zzz:

Carmen Mairena
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:22 PM
I'm so happy for Agnieszka!!! :woohoo: :hatoff:

She's an impressive player, even though she's "still 17"... Remember MadonnUpOva??? :weirdo: What an useless 2 Slams wonder... :weirdo:

Agnieszka is the real deal and all of the ShutUpOva sponsors will pee on their pants when the Scremerova begins to fall... :screamerova: :weirdo:

Il Primo!
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I'm so happy for Agnieszka!!! :woohoo: :hatoff:

She's an impressive player, even though she's "still 17"... Remember MadonnUpOva??? :weirdo: What an useless 2 Slams wonder... :weirdo:

Agnieszka is the real deal and all of the ShutUpOva sponsors will pee on their pants when the Scremerova begins to fall... :screamerova: :weirdo:

Why are you talkin about Maria? I don't get it :confused:

Reading this, I think even Maria's huge haters such as BisXXX are ashamed of you, ass :weirdo:

Carmen Mairena
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Why are you talkin about Maria? I don't get it :confused:

Reading this, I think even Maria's huge haters such as BisXXX are ashamed of you, ass :weirdo:

What a retarded post... Really, you need some emergency psychiatric help because being a Screamerova fan isn't a normal thing... :weirdo:

Thanks for bad repping me! It just shows that you waste your useless time to take care of useless posters like me! :haha: :retard retard retard: :haha:

tennisbear7
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Lmao.

I like Aga. From what I've seen, her backhand down the line is gorgeous.

Shooter
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:07 PM
She was impressive in terms of mental toughness. In 2006, Aga and Alyona Bondarenko impressed me the most with their tough, on-court attitudes. I saw Aga defeat Zi Yan in the first round of the Open. Anyone who doesn't put out 100% will lose to Aga if she plays like she did that day against Zi Yan.

tobi
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:39 PM
She is quite good as we can see from the results...

parn2257
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Soooooo
was Radwanska played well today or elena just had bad day?

N.M.
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:05 AM
To people who say she's showing no emotion - when she was younger and played in small tournies, she was cursing like crazy and throwing racquets, discusing with umpires etc. Glad to know she grew up from this because concentrating on wrong things make you lose the match. One more time, bravo Aga. What you did is already great! :D

TS
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:38 AM
The thing I'm most impressed about is that she is showing that she is going to be a future star because she is beating top players in big tournaments. Her best results have come at 3 big events: Warsaw, Wimbledon and Luxembourg. She's not quietly moving up in Tier IV events like a lot of kids her age would, but actually making an impact where it matters! Go Aga

blumaroo
Sep 30th, 2006, 02:03 AM
She's ready for the real stuff now. Some might say she's boring because she doesn't show emotion. But I like the fact that she is focused and not intimidated. That icyness is quite appealing. When you show mental toughness and fighting spirit at her age you know you have a future star in your hands. She is going to give power players of her generation hell in the future. I'm already looking forward to her battles with Sharapova, Vaidisova, Ivanovic etc. She can reach top 30 by the end of next year if she plays a full schedule.