PDA

View Full Version : News on Juju

DarkchildSwiss
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Taken from her homepage:

Crossing Our Fingers...
29/09/2006:

It's been 10 days now that Justine has been with her knee injury, and she will continue with the required rest program to heal her wound. The Belgian tennis icon went in on Monday for a follow up examination to her doctor, and there were no signs of a worsened knee injury. Starting next week Justine will probably be able to train on her bicycle again, and in the best case scenerio with racquet in hand 10 days later.

Justine will not play any tournaments before Madrid. She does hope that the wound will heal properly to finally participate in the WTA Championships, but this is not yet certain. For the last two years, she's made the final eight, but injuries held her back to appear and play at the big tour finale. Justine is currently leading the Sony Ericsson Race to Madrid, and was the first player to officially qualify for Madrid this year.

We will keep you posted on the latest from Justine as the news arrives

Kimster
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Get well soon, Justine! :wavey:

hu2891601
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I have my fingers crossed!!

mike/topgun
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:56 AM
:(
so she's out til Madrid or even worse...
that's bad for women's tennis!!!!!:fiery:

get well soon Juju:wavey:

narrisch
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:58 AM
:(

get well soon Juju :hug:

Wannabeknowitall
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Uh huh. Questionable for Madrid. Suprise Suprise.
She's still the odds on favorite to get the year ending number one ranking without playing the YEC.
I see another no show.

Dexter
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:10 AM
oh crap, I hoped she'd recover to plays some indoors tournaments in Europe before YEC :sad:

Get well JuJu :hug: and beat'em all in Madrid! :armed:

Rtael
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Uh huh. Questionable for Madrid. Suprise Suprise.
She's still the odds on favorite to get the year ending number one ranking without playing the YEC.
I see another no show.

As long as Mauresmo actually plays, Justine has nearly zero chance to end the year #1 without playing the Year-End Champs.

krystlel
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I thought she'd be able to play a tournament before Madrid after reading the positive tone of the article in the beginning. But it seems like Justine should be okay for Madrid which is good.

Stavie
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Justine get well soon! :hug: :hug: :):):)

.Andrew.
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Justine :sad: I was hoping for her to dominate a few European tournaments but I think YEC in Madrid is more important. Get well soon Juju! :hug:

_Cell-chuk
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Get well soon Juju.
Still bothers me though she injured herself because of these stupid useless fedcup matches. It wouldn't surprise me if she pulled out of Madrid too in a couple of weeks time.

lee station
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Justine, heal soon :hug:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Sep 29th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Justine...get well soon :hug:

You're always my champion, no matter what happens ;)

Lunaris
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:14 PM
It would be very sad not to see her in Madrid. I hope there ain't gonna be anything similar like last year's men masters.

pierce0415
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:43 PM
so she pulled out of Zurich?

Munchen
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:44 PM
get well soon Juju :hug: :hug:

~Kiera~
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Get well soon, Justine.

Dani12
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:46 PM
thats horrible news. get well soon Justine :) We'll miss you.

Justine Fan
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:47 PM
so she pulled out of Zurich?

Why are you interested? You hate her! :confused: So why you wanna know? Hater

Quick, quick, quick, pierce666, go start a thread entitled "Justine withdraws from Zurich and she's not injured"! That's your style isn't it? :ras:

Ben.
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:57 PM
looks like mauresmo's quest 4 the year-end no.1 ranking has gotten a bit more easier now that justine isn't playing any indoor tourneys until madrid.

so there4 momo should consider herself lucky maybe. but that doesn't mean that justine isn't out of the race 4 year-end no.1 honours yet as mauresmo has a ton of pts 2 defend in madrid even if she only has 2 defend 156 pts overall from last year's filderstadt, moscow & zurich. so that means that momo still has 2 play well in her next events which r stuttgart, moscow & zurich b4 madrid as this might make or break momo's chances.

but i hope that justine gets better soon & plays her best tennis again. let's all hope 4 the best.

vejh
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:57 PM
JHH pulled out of Zurich almost 2 wks ago.

It is very wise to take such a long time off and slowly reintroduce that knee to play.

Mother_Marjorie
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Do whatever you need to get healthy! Go Justine!