PDA

View Full Version : Monica Seles

hu2891601
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I'm just a bit confused here... I thought Seles was stabbed in the 90s, not sure which exact year.. and I thought she never came back after... or maybe I'm very wrong. Because I just watched Henin vs. Seles in 2003 Dubai final.., so thought that maybe I really remembered the whole thing wrong??

cherseles
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Hu, are you making a joke???

Matze
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I'm just a bit confused here... I thought Seles was stabbed in the 90s, not sure which exact year.. and I thought she never came back after... or maybe I'm very wrong. Because I just watched Henin vs. Seles in 2003 Dubai final.., so thought that maybe I really remembered the whole thing wrong??

How long do you follow tennis?

I guess you are joking, because a tennis-fan needs to know, that Seles got stabbed in the early months of 1993 and came back in Summer 1995 to win her first tournament back...

That Dubai final was probably her last big match against a top player! Oh my, I miss Monica, her grunts and her powertennis! I would die to have just one saison, one fucking season, with Jennifer, Monica, Lindsay, Venus, Serena, Martina, Anna and Kim healty, in strong form back!!!!

hu2891601
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I started following tennis around late 2003... so never actually watched a Seles match.. ok, I actually knew all those.. but just wondering what kept Seles away from tennis these days.. since she's not retired yet..

and I'm now really regret that I posted this question.. grrr.

Miranda
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:10 AM
i hope you really don't know and not joking, coz even my old mum knew about this stabbling ....