PDA

View Full Version : Aussies with Foxtel - coverage over the next month

krystlel
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:45 AM
I just got Foxtel recently and had a flick through the TV Guide for next month and surprisingly there's coverage of a tournament from semi-finals onwards just about every week. It will be delayed however and within the time allocated but that's how it always was.

There'll be coverage for:
- Stuttgart
- Kremlin Cup
- Zurich
- Linz

I wonder if this is due to the new Fox Sports 3 channel and whether we'll be seeing all the tier 2's as well as tier 1's from now on because that would be awesome. Hopefully we'll get to see more of the YEC also.

brayster87
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:36 AM
yeah can't wait to see some more tennis....Fox Sports is serverely lacking in tennis coverage (with the exception of GS's of course) Its good to see more WTA tennis tournaments

Marcus1979
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:59 AM
just hope they don't do what they used to do

where they give it in highlight format

i.e cut a 90 min match down to 30-45 mins

Josh.
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:09 AM
I just got Foxtel recently and had a flick through the TV Guide for next month and surprisingly there's coverage of a tournament from semi-finals onwards just about every week. It will be delayed however and within the time allocated but that's how it always was.

There'll be coverage for:
- Stuttgart
- Kremlin Cup
- Zurich
- Linz

I wonder if this is due to the new Fox Sports 3 channel and whether we'll be seeing all the tier 2's as well as tier 1's from now on because that would be awesome. Hopefully we'll get to see more of the YEC also.

so all those tornaments are on the standed foxtel channels?

krystlel
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:43 AM
so all those tornaments are on the standed foxtel channels?
No, you have to get the Sports package. Sorry for not being clear.

Well they're allocating three hours for the semi-finals so even if they do cut down, it won't be too much as to make it seem like highlights because I hate highlights - they never accurately represent a match. :lol:

Josh.
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:03 AM
No, you have to get the Sports package. Sorry for not being clear.

Well they're allocating three hours for the semi-finals so even if they do cut down, it won't be too much as to make it seem like highlights because I hate highlights - they never accurately represent a match. :lol:

oh ok.. sports package? is that the one with fox sports one and two and fox footy channel etc?

go hingis
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:12 AM
hmm, I have foxtel digital at the time I got the full package so I wonder if I automatically get the new channel or if I have to pay more??

krystlel
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:16 AM
If you've got the Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 channels, you should be able to get the new one without paying anything extra.

LTT
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:20 AM
The new channel will mainly have Cricket & A League Soccer I heard. :(

MaRKy MaRk
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:25 AM
When does Fox Sports 3 commence?

Andy.
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:32 AM
The new channel will mainly have Cricket & A League Soccer I heard. :(
But that may leave more time for tennis on the other two channels.

brayster87
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM
When does Fox Sports 3 commence?

October

Marcus Jordan
Sep 29th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Superman Returns Was Filmed In Australia

brayster87
Sep 29th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Superman Returns Was Filmed In Australia

What has that got to do with the price of fish in Malaysia?

Andy.
Sep 29th, 2006, 12:08 PM
:haha:

DutchieGirl
Sep 29th, 2006, 12:12 PM
*sigh* Don't have foxtel. :(

Marcus Jordan
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:58 PM

I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN AN EXTRA IN THE FILM MAYBE :silly: