PDA

View Full Version : What do You Think About Latinamerican Players?

Nicolás89
Sep 29th, 2006, 03:50 AM
There is no GS winner since Sabatini.
And just a few after that reached Top 20 at one time.
There are such a goods players, but all of them sucked after clay season.

Actually there are just two latin girls in the top 100. :eek:
Tennis in Latinamerican is such a popular sport, in atp there are so many players but in wta :help:

i my opinion latin girls sucks in tennis :sad:

pero lo que mas quiero es que una chilena demuestre el valor del pais mas austral del mundo :lol: :tape:

Talita Kumi
Sep 29th, 2006, 03:57 AM
pero lo que mas quiero es que una chilena demuestre el valor del pais mas austral del mundo :lol: :tape:

:haha:

brayster87
Sep 29th, 2006, 04:17 AM
they have potential....so we have to wait and see!

Wayn77
Sep 29th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Loads of potential - it's a shame there are not more latin American woman in the top 30. Walking around Lima a couple of years ago I couldn't believe the amount of people actually playing the game in public spaces - tennis courts everywhere! The Peruvians seem to have the same problem as us in the UK, loads of people play the game but not many make it professionally. :o

The South American men seem to be doing Ok in numbers, with the Argentinians, Chileans and Ecuadorians - sadly Gustavo is no longer around. Why are there no top Brazilian or Argentinian women coming through at the moment?

ezekiel
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:00 AM

but what I want is that a Chilean demonstrates the value of southern countries of the world

Well it's tough to break and they would add some spice to the tour instead of clones from somewhere else :)

pumbark
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:12 AM
they're hot :drool: :drool:

Jakeev
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Loads of potential - it's a shame there are not more latin American woman in the top 30. Walking around Lima a couple of years ago I couldn't believe the amount of people actually playing the game in public spaces - tennis courts everywhere! The Peruvians seem to have the same problem as us in the UK, loads of people play the game but not many make it professionally. :o

The South American men seem to be doing Ok in numbers, with the Argentinians, Chileans and Ecuadorians - sadly Gustavo is no longer around. Why are there no top Brazilian or Argentinian women coming through at the moment?

Brazil has never really been a tennis power for the women. (Neige Dias I think was the last Brazilian top-50 player) Jenifer Widjaja is the top player at the moment but she has definitely struggled this year trying to move from the Challenger's to the WTA.

Don't know if we will ever see a top Braizilian player on tour. Tennis just doesn't seem to be big for women in that nation.

Hayato
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:39 AM
They're sexy :drool: My favourite genre of players. :p

I really like De Los Rios, Castano, Dulko, Suarez, Sequera, Fernandez, Alves and Garcia Sokol...I think they just need a big, young player to push through to the top 10 to encourge others and divert some of the attention from the ATP to the WTA...and they need more hardcourds rather than so many clay courts in Latin/South America :p

AND THEY NEED MORE THAN TWO TOURNAMENTS IN LATIN AMERICA EACH YEAR :(