PDA

View Full Version : Who do you support more: Underdog or Favorite

kittyking
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Another age old question

Who do you support more, the underdog or the favorite?

Comment below

Cheers

faboozadoo15
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:49 AM
totally depends. if i don't care much about either player, i'd go for the underdog. i never root against my favorites though, but overall i guess i like upsets and near upsets. they're exciting.

vettipooh
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Depends on who's playing!! :lol:

kittyking
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Im meaning if you dont know either player, who would you support

star
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:56 AM
If I don't know either, the underdog

.Andrew.
Sep 29th, 2006, 01:57 AM
For me, it definitely depends on who is playing! :bounce:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:16 AM
I support my favorite, Lindsay Davenport, reguardless.

I have "secondary faves" that I root for, but outside of that I just hope for a good match between whom ever is playing if my faves are not involved when I'm watching tennis.

selyoink
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Depends on who is playing. If a player I like is the favorite then I root for her. If a player I like is the underdog I root for her. If I don't like either player then I go for the underdog.

Wayn77
Sep 29th, 2006, 03:23 AM
irrespective of favourite or underdog - I always hope the best player on the day wins (most of the time!) :angel:

kittyking
Sep 29th, 2006, 03:40 AM
irrespective of favourite or underdog - I always hope the best player on the day wins (most of the time!) :angel:

Was that your Miss World speech :lol:

dany.p
Sep 29th, 2006, 03:40 AM
if i don't really care for 2 people who are playing, i usually go for the player who's game i like the most. So in answer to the thread question, neither.

Wayn77
Sep 29th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Was that your Miss World speech :lol:

:lol: :lol: Mr Universe actually! :lol: :lol:

Andy.
Sep 29th, 2006, 04:08 AM
Depends on who is playing, If i dont really care about who wins i will ussually go for the under dog. Although i like seeing the top players play each other in the later rounds as well so i dont know.

brayster87
Sep 29th, 2006, 04:10 AM
I support my favorite, Lindsay Davenport, reguardless.

I have "secondary faves" that I root for, but outside of that I just hope for a good match between whom ever is playing if my faves are not involved when I'm watching tennis.

i have the same view as you!!!!
Go Lindsay :worship:

kittyking
Sep 29th, 2006, 04:50 AM
75% of people have said underdog so far

WhatTheDeuce
Sep 29th, 2006, 04:52 AM
As ppl have said, it obviously depends on the players playing.

But if I'm neutral towards both, or if I like/dislike both equally, I'll generally cheer for the underdog.

LH2HBH
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:40 AM
All things being equal than underdog for sure! But as you can see in my signature, some of my favorites are top players and I would support them whether they were the favorite or the underdog.

Kenny
Sep 29th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Venus. :D

Talula
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:20 AM
I always support my favourite. I can't imaging not doing so. If they had done something awful (like The Hand incident or It's Out incident) then they wouldn't be my fave so I wouldn't feel the need to support the underdog.

Kunal
Sep 29th, 2006, 06:35 AM
depends, i'll usually support the underdogs unless federer or serena or safin are playing

hingis'boyfriend
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:10 AM
I just support Hingis, but then I support the underdog against the other players :p

Kimster
Sep 29th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Im meaning if you dont know either player, who would you support

If i don't know either of them i'd have no idea who to root for. Not even sure i'd watch the match! Duh! :p

I have my list of faves, a pretty extensive one (no need to list them as you can read them in my sig). I will always, always root for Kim first. Second Lindsay, then Venus etc....

My more "interesting" list is a pretty short one and those are the players i always root AGAINST. :devil: There are 5 but i'm not gonna name them. This is a pleasant, loving board : no need to start a war..... :angel:

watrat
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:08 AM
There's no general rule for me. If my fav is an underdog I cheer for underdog and vice versa.

Dexter
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:12 AM
As ppl have said, it obviously depends on the players playing.

But if I'm neutral towards both, or if I like/dislike both equally, I'll generally cheer for the underdog.exactly :yeah:

hu2891601
Sep 29th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Depending on who's the underdog and who's the fav....

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I dont support a single player in the top 10 really. Some (Dementieva, Kuznetsova, Mauresmo) I prefer to others (Henin, Schnyder, Vaidisova) but I don't generally root for any of them. Infact except for Myskina there hasn't been a top 10 player I've regularly supported in 4 or 5 years. So for me the answer is easy. 90% of the time Im on the side of the underdog.

DutchieGirl
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Depends who's playing...

frenchie
Sep 29th, 2006, 09:50 AM
my faves :shrug:

Drimal
Sep 29th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I am supporting my players! :D

If they aren't involved I cheer for the underdog because I love upsets. :lick:

What's nicer than an unknown local youngster kicking some ass! :devil: